thomasphoto60
Topic Author

2013 Super Bowl Predictions

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm

So, who's going all the ay this year, Texans, Falcons, Broncos, Bears, 49ers.................?
"Show me the Braniffs"

BMI727

RE: 2013 Super Bowl Predictions

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 am

There are way too many things that can happen between now and then, but for the moment, I think the short list of contenders has to generally be Packers, Falcons (I'm skeptical until they win a playoff game, but still a good team), 49ers, and Giants from the NFC and Texans and Pats from the AFC, which is basically a big blob of average.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

rfields5421

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 am

1) The Cowboys won't be there. But I could have told you that in August.

ER757

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 am

I'll veer away from the obvious choices and predict that there will be some upsets in the post-seaon producing two unlikely finalists.
Seattle and Baltimore

WestJet747

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 am

I don't usually make predictions this early, but I want to say the AFC will be either Houston or New England, and the NFC will be either Atlanta or New York Giants.

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Thread starter):
49ers

They were lucky to squeak out that tie against St Louis this weekend...that makes me pretty skeptical.
Flying refined.

ltbewr

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 am

My pre/early season prediction was Green Bay vs. Baltimore and I might stick to it for now.

Mir

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:56 am

The Jets

Will not be playing in that game.  

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

QFA380

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 am

My Steelers are coming up to their divisional games, if they can beat the Ravens in both they could go to the AFC Championship game but a Superbowl is looking unlikely this year.

I think the Texans are looking formidable, having thrashed the Ravens and taken the Bears, I'm looking forward to their games with the Colts but strong Superbowl contenders.

Over in the NFC I think the Falcons are a little overrated with a pretty easy schedule so far, don't think they'll go far in the playoffs. The Bears are looking strong though.

Texans-Bears SuperBowl for my money.

BMI727

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 5):
My pre/early season prediction was Green Bay vs. Baltimore and I might stick to it for now.

The loss of Lewis will kill them, although their offense has taken a step forward. I kind of dislike the constant attempts to divide quarterbacks into "elite" and "not elite," but while I don't think Joe Flacco is as good as the top tier (Brady, Rodgers, et. al.) he is good enough to be a Super Bowl winner.

If it makes you feel better, there were people expecting Kansas City to make some noise this year.

Quoting Mir (Reply 6):
The Jets Will not be playing in that game.

Won't stop ESPN from spending hours each day covering them.
http://deadspin.com/5929361/how-espn...ss-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 7):
The Bears are looking strong though.

The Bears are badly flawed. Even if they get Culter back, which is a big if at this point, their offense can't put a complete game together. Yesterday the offensive line provided good pass protection, but it took too much help and they had a rough day run blocking. Relying on the defense to make big plays will only take you so far. Beating Chicago is easier if you have a quarterback and receivers capable of a short, sustained passing game with repeated precise throws. Take what they give you and hold onto the ball, and the Bears are beatable. That's why the Packers have been so successful against them lately.

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 7):
Over in the NFC I think the Falcons are a little overrated with a pretty easy schedule so far, don't think they'll go far in the playoffs.

The Falcons do look good, but they've looked good before and wet themselves in the playoffs.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

AM744

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Too early to tell but Packers and Broncos seem on their way to peak at the right time of the year. Patriots may very well be in there. At the very least, all of them have the QBs to make it to the Big Game.

AirframeAS

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Quoting ER757 (Reply 3):
Seattle and Baltimore

Wow! As much as I'd love to see my Seahawks back in the Superbowl, they are sitting on a 6-4 record with playoff hopes. However, I wouldn't put my money on the Seahawks going that far as much as I hate to say it. I am surprised that at least one person here thinks Seattle would make it to the Big Game.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

ER757

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 10):
As much as I'd love to see my Seahawks back in the Superbowl, they are sitting on a 6-4 record with playoff hopes. However, I wouldn't put my money on the Seahawks going that far as much as I hate to say it. I am surprised that at least one person here thinks Seattle would make it to the Big Game.

Was admittedly going out on a limb with taking them. So far, predictions in the NFL this year are pretty tough, there are upsets every week. I'm just speculating that the Hawks could pull a couple if they get in - will have to be wildcard, can't see them winning the division. A good defense can carry you - look at the year the Ravens won it

StarAC17

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 pm

In the AFC I have the Texans, Pats, and Broncos, I would have Balitmore and Pittsburgh in the hunt but injuries are going to sting them especially Baltimore who has Lewis and Reed out for the season.

In the NFC I have the Giants, Bears and Packers and don't think the Falcons or 49ers will be able to beat any of these teams if they get hot in December.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 8):
The Bears are badly flawed. Even if they get Culter back, which is a big if at this point, their offense can't put a complete game together. Yesterday the offensive line provided good pass protection, but it took too much help and they had a rough day run blocking. Relying on the defense to make big plays will only take you so far.

The Bears have made a superbowl with just defense before in 2006 with a much worse offense than they have now. All they need out of Cutler is a solid game manager to be a serious NFC contender.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 8):
The Falcons do look good, but they've looked good before and wet themselves in the playoffs.

Hopefully the fact that the sports media is not buying into the fact that they have a chance to win puts a chip on their shoulder so they do win in January.

Quoting AM744 (Reply 9):
Too early to tell but Packers and Broncos seem on their way to peak at the right time of the year. Patriots may very well be in there. At the very least, all of them have the QBs to make it to the Big Game.

That would be the offensive slug fest (42-38 score) but I would also like to see Chicago vs Baltimore and have defensive showdown also a 10-7 game with a lot of hits.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Starbuk7

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

I am a Steeler fan, but I think the Houston Texans will represent the AFC.

Not sure about the NFC but I would like to see the Atlanta Falcons represent them.