connies4ever
Topic Author

100th Grey Cup Championship

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm

The 100th Grey Cup Championship game, the Canadian Football league's ultimate, will be held Sunday November 25th, 6PM ET, at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. Contestants will be the Calgary Stampeders, from the West, and the Toronto Argonauts, from the East. Both teams finished second in their respective divisions and scored mild upsets to get to the big dance.

For any interested American A.net members, US coverage should be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

Promises to be an interesting match, with respective starting QBs Kevin Glenn (Calgary) and Ricky Ray (Toronto) pretty much at the top on their game.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

A346Dude

RE: 100th Grey Cup Championship

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Go Riders!!

Seriously though, nice to see the host making it to the game. I'm giving the edge to the Stamps.
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

WrenchBender

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Both the East and West finals were awesome games I hope the final lives up to what we saw this past weekend. I am hoping for a Stampeder win, but with way they keep making the last 3 minutes of most of their games so nerve racking I may need some relaxant (wobbly pops) to enjoy the game.
The Mayors have an interesting bet, the loser to donate his weight to their local food bank. This will be a big win for either city as you can hardly call Mr. Ford or Mr Nenshi petite.

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

Longhornmaniac

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Go Argos!!!!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

srbmod

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Quoting connies4ever (Thread starter):

For any interested American A.net members, US coverage should be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

NBC Sports Network (The former Versus Channel), as they aired some regular season games as well as some playoff games. Some of those games were tape delayed though, as I started to watch the Western Semi-Finals thinking it was live and then had some friends north of the border (One a Stamps fan, the other a Riders fan) spoiling the game on Twitter....

http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_broadcast#US%20Broadcast

connies4ever
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am

Quoting srbmod (Reply 4):
NBC Sports Network (The former Versus Channel), as they aired some regular season games as well as some playoff games. Some of those games were tape delayed though, as I started to watch the Western Semi-Finals thinking it was live and then had some friends north of the border (One a Stamps fan, the other a Riders fan) spoiling the game on Twitter....

Thanks for the correction !

Quoting srbmod (Reply 4):

Thanks for the correction !   
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.