NWAROOSTER
Topic Author

Delta Air Lines And United Health Care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 am

Does anyone know when Delta Air Lines began using United Health Care as a medical insurance provider? It seems to go back some time. The year Delta stated using United Health Care would good to know.
Procrastination Is The Theft Of Time.......

wingnutmn

RE: Delta Air Lines And United Health Care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:40 am

Was it the same year Richard Anderson left United Healthcare and became CEO Delta?

Wingnut
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing! It's a bonus if you can fly the plane again!!

mayor

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 am

Quoting wingnutmn (Reply 1):
Was it the same year Richard Anderson left United Healthcare and became CEO Delta?

Nope, I'm pretty sure that we had UHC quite awhile before that but I'm unable to narrow it down any better than that.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

gigneil

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 am

Dude, UHC is the largest provider of health insurance in the US,

But more importantly, Delta is self-insured - like most companies of their size. UHC is only the administrator of their plans - not the actual insurer.

NS

mayor

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Ok....I found out that UHC became the healthcare provider on January 1, 2001, which, I believe, is quite awhile before Anderson was even on the BOD.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen