steffenbn
Topic Author

The Risk Of Getting Kids

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 am

Hey all.

What are the risks of having kids?

I was drunk and had intercourse with a girl - by accident I forgot to "Pull out". She then said "Now you are going to be a father". What are the percentage of getting a girl pregnant? I will and shall not have kids!

Am I doomed? Is there some hope for me that she didn't get pregnant?

I'm teryfied of the thoughts about being a dad! I'm only 22 and not ready for the role of a parent!

Please help! Steffen
A330, A319, 737,738,752,763,763ER,764ER,777-200LR

Birdwatching

RE: The Risk Of Getting Kids

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Steffen!

Well some couples try their whole lives to have kids and never do, while others have sex once and the woman is pregnant. So while your girl yesterday might not be 100% confirmed pregnant now, the outcome is so live changing that you don't want to rely on any statistical odds. This might be the end of life as you know it, so you have to act NOW, as every minute and hour counts.
Doctors can prescribe a "morning-after pill" and you absolutely HAVE to get your girl to get this. Sounds easy if she's on the same page with you (i.e. doesn't want to become a mother yet) but I can see there are situations when she doesn't want to cooperate. Reasons include:
1) She's religious and doesn't want to interfere with God giving her a kid,
2) she's older (or ugly) and realizes that this might be the last chance for her to have a kid,
3) she is a bitch and tries to have a kid with you paying lots of money during the next 18 years.
So anyway, act now, call her, talk to her.
Before the end of today, you will have to go to the doctor, clinic or hospital with her. If you don't manage to do this, your life might be totally messed up after today (or maybe it might be the best thing that ever happened to you, but honestly, probably not).

Good luck man.
Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

steffenbn
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 am

Hey Soren.I forgot to mention that right after the sex she said, and I quote: "Now you are going to be a dad" - So I guess that

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 1):
morning-after pill"

is out of the question!

1) She's religious and doesn't want to interfere with God giving her a kid,

I NEVER do those girls!

2) she's older (or ugly) and realizes that this might be the last chance for her to have a kid,

She's 19 and is actually "Okay" - I've been with much uglier girls!

3) she is a bitch and tries to have a kid with you paying lots of money during the next 18 years.

I guess you nailed it with this one!!

Birdwatching

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 am

Hey Steffen,

Quoting steffenbn (Reply 2):
morning-after pill is out of the question!

...is actually the one and only solution here, as annoying as it might seem. You'll have to invest a lot of energy into this now, your next 6 hours should involve nothing else but trying to track down that girl and talk to her. It might seem impossible now, but if your chance is slim then that's better than regretting this for the rest of your life. Does she have your number? Maybe she wants to talk to you but doesn't know how to contact you?
From my experience, Danish people are very reasonable and have a good common sense. Talk to her and you'll see she'll be different than yesterday night.
But most importantly, DO SOMETHING! These next hours might shape the rest of your life. Don't just hope she's not pregnant. Even if you block it out now and hope for the best, one day she'll knock on your door and then you'll pay for years and years to come. And even worse, you'll know you have a son or daughter but she might not even let you see the kid. She might have a different man to act as the kid's father, but the money comes from you.

So I'll say it one more time, go out there, track her down, talk to her. This is the only sensible thing now. The day has to end with you taking her to the hospital. That is the only, ONLY, and I repeat only way you'll be able to continue your life the way you want it to be.

Again, good luck.

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

QFA380

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

My troll alarms are ringing like crazy but I'll bite.

Quoting steffenbn (Thread starter):
I will and shall not have kids!
"Pull out"

If you're absolutely freaked out about even remote chance of kids then you should be utilising more advanced contraception than pull out. Oh and I don't know any 19 year olds who freely engage in sex who are indifferent towards having kids except the trailer trash I guses.

Does she know your name/phone number/where you live/circle of friends? If not don't worry about it and continue living life.

Answering the question though, probability could be close to zero or quite high. The creators' grand trick on men who don't want kids is to make women more likely to have sex (particularly drunken one night stands) when shel is at her most fertile. If she's not in those few days the chances are pretty low. Thus how the lay came about could give you some indication, ie prior interest in you, whether she threw herself at you or put up any token resistance etc.

Birdwatching

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 am

Steffen I wouldn't pay attention to what QFA380 writes. Look at the age group on QFA380's profile. This one in particular:

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 4):
Does she know your name/phone number/where you live/circle of friends? If not don't worry about it and continue living life.

This is the most stupid thing you can do. There are all kinds of ways to find out a kid's father, at least in our developed countries. You'll get into trouble some day. The problem is that during the years before she comes for your money, you won't have a peaceful night as you'll be worried every minute.
So don't let other people fool you into thinking you're off the hook. You're not. Act now, talk to people. Talk to your friends, your parents. Maybe not your drinking buddies from yesterday night. And most important, track her down. And do it now.

Soren   

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 am

If this isn't just a stupid joke, then someone is MASSIVELY lacking in sex education.......but - I think it's a joke, of sorts.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

steffenbn
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm

This is no Troll or Joke - This is serious, Thanks for the advice Soren!

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 5):
Act now, talk to people. Talk to your friends, your parents. Maybe not your drinking buddies from yesterday night. And most important, track her down. And do it now.

I'll talk to her tommorrow - would do it now, but my hangovers are killing me!

-Steffen

AF1624

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Wow, not sure if trolling or just really crazy.

BUT, I have to say, I don't know how the law is in Denmark but here I would simply be able to NOT be a parent to that child, as the law in France gives responsibility to the woman over her own body but this does include taking the responsibility of raising a child alone if she decides to have a child with a person whom will definitely NOT recognise the child as being his *son* (the child is his biological son but all ties can be ended there).

Now, you should probably talk to her and get her to take the pill. If she doesn't, at 19, there's a good chance she'll be pregnant (as women that age are particularly fertile) - but it's also not 100%.
Cheers

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Quoting steffenbn (Reply 7):
This is no Troll or Joke - This is serious, Thanks for the advice Soren!
I was drunk and had intercourse with a girl - by accident I forgot to "Pull out"

Well, if you're serious then there's one thing here you need to know, which you already should at 22 but here goes anyway - 'pulling out' is not contraception, and won't protect you from disease. If you're going to go out, get drunk and sleep with randomn women, TAKE CONDOMS - and use them.

Birdwatching

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Are you kidding? It's the "morning after" pill, not the "maybe some time later next week" pill!

So getting over your hangover is more important to you than your future, her future and your child's future? Sorry I have to say this, but you're incredibly incredible naive for waiting the whole day today and not acting, hoping things sort themselves out. Back when you started this thread and I posted the first reply, there were still some serious chances for a happy ending. Now that you waited the whole day without tracking her down and taking her to the doctor, you're almost 100% screwed. And this is because you feel too hung over right now? Seriously??
That morning after pill, the chances of success sink by the hour. But you just sit there and wait until tomorrow because of your headache or whatever.

I'm speechless.

Soren   

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 10):
I'm speechless.

The guy claims to be 22 and thinks that 'pulling out' is a proper means of contraception - I really wouldn't be that shocked that his hangover takes priority over potentially life-changing situations.

hOMSaR

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:35 pm

I sense epic thread status here.
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.

Moose135

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Quoting hOMSaR (Reply 12):
I sense epic thread status here.

He should definitely bring her a snowglobe when he sees her.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Quoting moose135 (Reply 13):
He should definitely bring her a snowglobe when he sees her.

Alas the snowglobe stage appears to have been completely bypassed here.....

smittyone

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17 pm

happy ending

Epic choice of words.

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 9):
If you're going to go out, get drunk and sleep with randomn women, TAKE CONDOMS - and use them.

Or get a good friend to kick you in the nuts instead.

[Edited 2012-12-09 09:18:12]

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Quoting SmittyOne (Reply 15):

happy ending

Epic choice of words.

Too true - Soren, you're a legend.....

Mir

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm

DO. IT. NOW.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 17):
DO. IT. NOW.

-Mir

Best post yet. Still not too late to act.

klm672

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I've just canceled all my plans for today and will be following this thread!

DeltaMD90

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:49 pm

I was drunk

Oh don't worry, alcohol kills sperm, you are fine
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

RussianJet

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 20):

And STIs - don't forget the plethora of potentiall crippling or fatal diseases one could catch - booze takes care of that too.

DocLightning

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:54 pm

I was drunk and had intercourse with a girl - by accident I forgot to "Pull out". She then said "Now you are going to be a father". What are the percentage of getting a girl pregnant? I will and shall not have kids!

I'm sorry, but did nobody ever have a talk with you?

You are using the withdrawal method. If you do that, you have a risk of about 30% of being a father at the end of any given year of sexual activity.

If you use condoms, the risk drops to about 5%.

If you insist she be on contraception, the risk drops below 1%.

Guess the next two weeks or so will be nerve-wracking. Next time, wrap it.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

AirPacific747

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I hate to admit it but I did the same stupid mistake last year with a woman much older than me. (She was 37, I was 24 but she was pretty damn hot)

Exactly that was her reasoning for not wanting to do something to prevent getting pregnant. She refused to get an abortion after we had been together if she would have become pregnant, and before we were together, she said she was on the pill which turned out to be a lie. Anyway I could only blame myself for being so stupid. Luckily she didn't get pregnant. Will never act that stupidly again.

Mir

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 22):

Actually, I took care of that.

Signed,

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

DeltaMD90

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 pm

But on a serious note guys, we all know:

A: Pull out method is a poor method and has a high failure rate
B: He did not utilize the pull out method

I fail to see the problem  

JBirdAV8r

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm

You are using the withdrawal method. If you do that, you have a risk of about 30% of being a father at the end of any given year of sexual activity.

If you use condoms, the risk drops to about 5%.

If you insist she be on contraception, the risk drops below 1%.

Guess the next two weeks or so will be nerve-wracking. Next time, wrap it.

This.

Food for thought: All those people you see that get "accidentally pregnant"--do you think those people just didn't bother "pulling out," and that's what caused their pregnancy? Do you think they just hoped for the best every time they had sex?

Of course not.

And the obvious: Next time, don't be an idiot. Use your brain. Why get so drunk to "forget" to be safe? It's probably not worth it.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

DocLightning

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 25):
A: Pull out method is a poor method and has a high failure rate
B: He did not utilize the pull out method

Technically he did because he did intend to use it. And it failed. Hence the high failure rate.  
Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
Signed,

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 23):
she said she was on the pill which turned out to be a lie.

She's sick in the head. And it's a common sickness, unfortunately. If she's pregnant, then she's got you. You're her baby-daddy for the next 18 years.

I hope she isn't pregnant. This sort of start is never very good for the kid. And I hope you think with the other head next time.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

AirPacific747

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 27):
She's sick in the head. And it's a common sickness, unfortunately. If she's pregnant, then she's got you. You're her baby-daddy for the next 18 years.

I hope she isn't pregnant. This sort of start is never very good for the kid. And I hope you think with the other head next time.

Indeed she is. Her lie and desperation to get pregnant could change not only her life forever but also mine against my will. But as I said, the luck was on my side.  

DeltaMD90

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 27):
Technically he did because he did intend to use it. And it failed. Hence the high failure rate.

But isn't failing at failing succeeding??  

AF1624

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Ahah, this is one of these awesome threads.

OP, any news ?!

I'll go get some popcorn.
Cheers

dc9northwest

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm

I have a better idea: Don't touch a girl next time.

I'm straight... but one good thing about gay sex is: zero risk of pregnancy  

Rara

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

Tugger

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Well you know Doc many, many guys get their real "sex education" from situations like Steffen's, as another example see (emphasis added by me):

Exactly that was her reasoning for not wanting to do something to prevent getting pregnant. She refused to get an abortion after we had been together if she would have become pregnant, and before we were together, she said she was on the pill which turned out to be a lie. Anyway I could only blame myself for being so stupid. Luckily she didn't get pregnant. Will never act that stupidly again.

And with that, most guys learn to be really careful (well sort of, we still get drunk or just meet hot girls and have stupid sex). Real fear and panic is an excellent educational tool.

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 26):
Food for thought: All those people you see that get "accidentally pregnant"--do you think those people just didn't bother "pulling out," and that's what caused their pregnancy? Do you think they just hoped for the best every time they had sex?

I know quite a few practicing Catholics that have "surprise" gifts from God when they don't expect it.  

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

vikkyvik

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Quoting AF1624 (Reply 30):
Ahah, this is one of these awesome threads.

OP, any news ?!

I doubt we'll be hearing from the OP anymore (at least in this thread), but this did crack me up:

I'm guessing this whole episode (if it was real) started out with:

"I'll put a condom on later - would do it now, but I'm too drunk".
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

DocLightning

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 34):
I'm guessing this whole episode (if it was real) started out with:

"I'll put a condom on later - would do it now, but I'm too drunk".

Ah, the voice of experience...   
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

bristolflyer

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I was just about to post a serious reply when I saw the comment about the hangover. That makes me think that this thread is a joke.

Have you thought about having sex with her again? That way your lil' swimmers can go after the ones from last night and beat them up so she doesn't get pregnant.
Fortune favours the brave

Francoflier

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm

I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

DeltaMD90

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Quoting bristolflyer (Reply 36):
I was just about to post a serious reply when I saw the comment about the hangover. That makes me think that this thread is a joke.

My thoughts exactly. Either that or he doesn't care enough to take any serious advice. Either way, thanks for the laugh and hope she's not pregnant!

flymia

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

I feel like this is a joke too. Especially when thinking about a hang over or how attractive she is, is part of the conversation.

If not a joke why the morning after pill was put of the question is beyond me. Here in the states you can get it over the counter with no doctor prescription. I hope the girl and the OP realizes the morning after pill is not an abortion pill. It attempts to prevent pregnancy, not terminate it. It takes a while, sometime a few days for the pregnancy to actually occur if I understand it right from 9th grade health class.

Also if she wasn't at her most fertile time the chances are actually very low but there is always a chance. And if it was during a fertile time chances go up a bit but still it is more likely than not that so is not pregnant. But who knows.

Best of luck if this is a real thread.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 pm

??????????

Shouldn't that statistic be measured by incident rather than time interval? I mean, I can't just compile 1996 (224,976,328 incidents; fast times at Sherwood High, I guess) & 2008 (.00127 incidents; married) and call it an average, can I?

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 29):
But isn't failing at failing succeeding??  

No. This is failing squared.
Be A Perfectionst, You're Nothing If You're Just Another; Something Material, This Isn't Personal...

Revelation

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 4):
If you're absolutely freaked out about even remote chance of kids then you should be utilising more advanced contraception than pull out. Oh and I don't know any 19 year olds who freely engage in sex who are indifferent towards having kids except the trailer trash I guses.

I love posts like this.

The horse is out of the barn, so closing the gate does no good now, but I suppose pointing out his mistakes makes you feel better some how?

Yes, this needs to be on the list of Epic A.net Posts of 2012, sad but true.

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 20):

And women have a way of shutting that thing down, so no worries... 
Quoting tugger (Reply 33):
Well you know Doc many, many guys get their real "sex education" from situations like Steffen's

I got mine via a condom that broke while in use. Wondered why the sex felt so good till after it was over and saw the sad remains of the condom hanging there. Spent a very nervous few weeks, did I. After that, she agreed to go on the pill. Later in life, she told me she had fertility issues, she had a hard time getting pregnant even when she wanted to be. One of her two ovaries were removed when she was a youngster and lord knows if that had an impact on her other ovary or not.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Aaron747

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:23 am

Not to be crass, but might be a better idea to give her a pearl necklace next time instead of going all the way. Just a suggestion :P
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Ken777

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 am

Actually she might be giving you a hard time. On the pill, but things it's a good idea to give guys who don't use a condom a hard time.

Or she's already taken the pill because she was drunk and dropped her standards for a mate for the night.  Wow!

Cerecl

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 am

First, let this be a lesson to you. Exercise some discretion with regard to binge drinking, sexual encounter and safe sex practice.
Having said that, falling pregnant is actually not that easy. Your partner has to be at the right time of the cycle. Ovulation does not happen continuously. Even if you and your partner are completely healthy and without any of long list of conditions that hinder the chance of fertilisation, the chance of a pregnancy AT THE IDEAL TIME is only around 30%. If any of you have a medical condition (that you may nor may not be aware of), the probability takes a hit.

aerorobnz

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 am

Go and get her drunk again tonight and spike her drink with the "jesus" pill...(the saviour of your life.. ) Or if she likes drinking and drugs say that the "morning after" pill is an ecstasy pill so she takes it and your life continues as normal.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

TheCol

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 am

I was drunk and had intercourse with a girl by accident I forgot to "Pull out". She then said "Now you are going to be a father". What are the percentage of getting a girl pregnant?
Am I doomed?

Wow, I think Anet just sunk to a new low.   

Quoting francoflier (Reply 37):
Quoting bristolflyer (Reply 36):

Have you thought about having sex with her again? That way your lil' swimmers can go after the ones from last night and beat them up so she doesn't get pregnant.

LMAO, these made my night.   
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

StarAC17

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 am

I'll think this is nonsense but I'll bite as well.

Pulling out is not effective because sperm can still enter the vagina even if it has been done successfully. Also it isn't easy to do in the first place, you know why you didn't pull out because you were drunk and it feels too damn good even when sober. Being drunk just makes you think less.

Porn makes pulling out look easy but trust me I know, it isn't.

I hope you get out of this but next time use a condom (smacks you over the head).

Am I doomed? Is there some hope for me that she didn't get pregnant?

Yes, but you may not know for weeks.

The probability depends on when this girl's last period was. If she just had it a day or two ago (up to a week) ago or over 3 weeks ago then the chances fall off less but its always possible. If it is between those time frames then its higher.

Also that is assuming a normal menstrual cycle, something a 19 year old may not have.

I'm teryfied of the thoughts about being a dad! I'm only 22 and not ready for the role of a parent!

As you should be. I'm 28 and not ready for it either.

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 9):
Well, if you're serious then there's one thing here you need to know, which you already should at 22 but here goes anyway - 'pulling out' is not contraception, and won't protect you from disease. If you're going to go out, get drunk and sleep with randomn women, TAKE CONDOMS - and use them.

My ex was on the pill and I still used condoms a good amount of the time.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

StarAC17

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 am

This actually hits close to home, dated a woman of that age and she really didn't want me to use condoms at all. She went on the pill and I didn't trust her on it but I was aware of her cycle at least.

Quoting flymia (Reply 39):
I hope the girl and the OP realizes the morning after pill is not an abortion pill. It attempts to prevent pregnancy, not terminate it. It takes a while, sometime a few days for the pregnancy to actually occur if I understand it right from 9th grade health class.

It can take weeks before there is any evidence, even if the egg is fertilized it has still to attach to the lining of the uterus. The morning sickness can take much longer to appear and the missed periods may be overlooked.

Quoting Cerecl (Reply 44):
Having said that, falling pregnant is actually not that easy. Your partner has to be at the right time of the cycle. Ovulation does not happen continuously. Even if you and your partner are completely healthy and without any of long list of conditions that hinder the chance of fertilisation, the chance of a pregnancy AT THE IDEAL TIME is only around 30%. If any of you have a medical condition (that you may nor may not be aware of), the probability takes a hit.

This sounds like a one night stand and the OP I bet didn't know her cycle.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

TSS

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 am

Quoting Cerecl (Reply 44):
First, let this be a lesson to you. Exercise some discretion with regard to binge drinking, sexual encounter and safe sex practice.

Indeed. An excellent rule of thumb to follow is "If you're going out to drink, don't pick anyone up. If you're going out to pick someone up, don't drink". Following this rule will save you from all sorts of "morning after" bad situations.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!