So it's been nearly a month and a half since I took the GRE. I was kinda bummed out due to my scores.
The new scale goes from 130-170 and my scores were:
The essay portion is on a scale from 0-6 with half point increments and my score was 4.0
These scores aren't definitely all that bad, but they're not good either. I have a rather good GPA (3.54/4.00), plenty of experience, plenty of extracurricular activities, and I'm certain I'll be able to get good letters of recommendation from my professors.
I submitted these scores to Penn State, UWashington, UHawaii, and Texas A&M (all which have a respestable meteorology program). However, during the summer I contacted other professors from other universities to see which might have an opening to work with them.
After the scores were reported, I simply decided to take a year off from grad studies and either work or possibly do so in another field while I gather the money and time to retake the GRE (heck, it's $175!!!), but just recently a professor from one university replied saying that he had a spot available and to apply. I told him that my GRE wasn't that good and that I don't think I'd be accepted. He still insisted I apply for the university (University of Wyoming).
If this was your situation, would you apply or not? I'm really anxious because I want to try, but I also don't want to spend more money on applications that may be turned down.