mal787
Topic Author

Help Hotel In Tokyo

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am

Looking at doing a quick trip to Tokyo in April. can any body recommend a good hotel in town. having a look at various sites, I found some good ones but no idea if location is close to major tourist/ transport areas .Looking for good clean & comfortable nothing to pricey as its only a bed & a bathroom at the end of the day

Mal787
BN2 Metro, 402,404, Conquest, king air, 707,727.200, 732,733,734,735,736,738,757,762,763,742,743,744, MD11, DC9,Westwind

bookishaviator

RE: Help Hotel In Tokyo

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:58 am

I stayed at the Best Western Shinjuku Astina on my last trip to Tokyo. Fantastic location for transport connections, although worth noting it's within a red light district of sorts. Decent rooms, pleasant overall hotel environment. Request a different pillow from reception (the standard ones are incredibly bad) and you have yourself some very good value for money!

http://eng.bw-shinjuku.com/index.html
When I die, when I die, I'll rot. But when I live, when I live, I'll give it all I've got.

Aaron747

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am

Japanese budget travelers in the know use the Toyoko Inn chain. Clean, modern, and with plenty of amenities, usually for $60-$90/night depending on location and room type. They have more than 40 of them in the Tokyo area. Just be sure of which sites you're interested in staying near, and click the Tokyo tab on their finder map to see hotels in the area. Booking is available through their English site here:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/index.html
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

cruiseshipcrew

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 am

I believe it's called something like the Sunroute plaza hotel next to Shinjuku station. Great location and was around $120.
Road Warrior

BNE

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 am

I stayed at this hotel in Tokyo, http://www.theb-hotels.com/the-b-akasaka/en/index.html

The main website is here, http://www.theb-hotels.com/en/ Rooms from about 7,900 Yen a night.

There is a few of them around Tokyo and Japan,

You catch the limousine bus to a major hotel near your location, usually the websites suggest a hotel to catch a taxi from.

I was there 2 months ago, like all Japanese hotels the rooms are small.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

Zentraedi

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:13 pm

What's your price range, and what do plan on doing?

If you want a fantastic bang for the buck, nice hotel then New Otani.

Otherwise, a business hotel would suit you fine. Toyoko Inn is a good option.

hoons90

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:11 pm

As suggested by Aaron747 and Zentraedi, the Toyoko Inn is an excellent choice.

Price varies by location, and the one located in Nihombashi fit the bill for me on my last trip to Tokyo because it was somewhat cheaper than the one in Shinjuku or Shibuya and was only several minutes away by subway.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

B747-4U3

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Quoting cruiseshipcrew (Reply 3):

I believe it's called something like the Sunroute plaza hotel next to Shinjuku station. Great location and was around $120.

I always use this hotel when in Tokyo. It's the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.

The rooms are modern and clean and if you opt for a standard room (instead of an economy one) they are a decent size too. There are plenty of amenities in the room along with super-fast internet free of charge.

The location is excellent. Just a 5 minute walk from Shinjuku Station and the airport bus stops. You're also only a 5-10 minute walk from the shops and nightlife area around Shinjuku and Kabukicho.

I've also used the Prince Hotel in Shinjuku. That was a good hotel too, although the rooms were small and there was no free internet.

yfbflyer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I spent a bit over a week in Tokyo last year. I stayed at Monterey Hanzomon It's downtown near the Imperial Castle and is right across the street from the Hanzomon subway station. The room was a little small and I didn't have much of a view from the window but the internet was free and the staff spoke English well. I booked my stay through a third party website and paid about $70 per night in advance.

PHX787

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Prince Shinjuku hotel. Near kabukicho but easy connections to JR east.

Quoting bookishaviator (Reply 1):

That's kabukicho.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

B2443

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

i stayed at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi last summer. 7 minutes walk to Tokyo train station that connects you to everywhere. You get a double bed as well from about $100.

gocaps16

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Quoting mal787 (Thread starter):
recommend a good hotel in town

What I recommend is staying at a Japanese traditional style guesthouse called a ryokan. I have stayed in dozens (Tokyo, Hakone, Mt. Fuji, Ski Resorts) during my time here in Japan and it is a fun experience, especially if you have never experienced it yourself. If you you're traveling solo or with your significant other then it is highly recommended, but groups I would not really recommend as the rooms are fairly small, then again all average hotels here are smaller then western standards hotels.

Ryokans are great because most have a private and/or a public natural onsen/ hot spring bath and your personal servant during mealtimes and before bedtime. Best ryokans are usually in the mountains / ski resorts but many large cities do have them and are at decent price.

RayChuang

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I've heard a LOT of people highly recommend the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku--even my brother, who stayed there the last time he was in Japan on business.

Mostly importantly, because it's really close to Shinjuku Station, that makes it very convenient to get around Tokyo, since many JR East and private railway lines go through this station and the station is a major subway station stop on both the Tokyo Metro and Toei subway lines.

rwy04lga

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 pm

New Koyo Hostel in Minami Senju. Minowa Station on the Hibiya Line. VERY BASIC, but at $25 a night, a cheap place to stay. You're not in Tokyo to admire a room, are you?
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue