2707200X
Topic Author

The NRA Is Now Using Obama's Children In Ad

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miSjvg1MH7s

Taken Down.

I don't know what the National Riffle Association is or was thinking or fantasizing about in pawning Obama's children in it's new ad now taken down.

I hope the leadership of the NRA gets investigated by the secret service and their hinds thrown in jail. I hope any gun owner in the NRA with a conscience will leave this bloody organization.

[Edited 2013-01-15 20:00:04]
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

2707200X
Topic Author

RE: The NRA Is Now Using Obama's Children In Ad

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 am

"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

EA CO AS

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 am

Quoting 2707200X (Thread starter):
I hope the leadership of the NRA gets investigated by the secret service and their hinds thrown in jail.

For......?   
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

dragon-wings

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 am

So the NRA is calling Obama a hyporcrite for having the Secret Service protect his kids? Someone should tell the NRA that the Secret Service has been protecting the Presidents family since the 60's.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Skydrol

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 am

I don't know what the National Riffle Association is or was thinking or fantasizing about in pawning Obama's children in it's new ad now taken down.

I hope the leadership of the NRA gets investigated by the secret service and their hinds thrown in jail. I hope any gun owner in the NRA with a conscience will leave this bloody organization.

These are very sick individuals, so this attack reaction should not be a surprise.

✈LD4 ✈
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

Tugger

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 2):
For......?

For wanting to bankrupt the country?

Do you realize how much it would cost to provide the level of protection afforded the President and his family and extend that to all the schools in the nation? And remember the NRA is proposing that this all be paid for with public dollars.

That is criminally stupid.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

flymia

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 am

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 1):

May I please ask you what in the world would they investigate them for???? Really this statement makes you sound like someone who wants the government to control what you eat for breakfast in the morning and what you watch on T.V. If you want the government to arrest people for talking about the President's children then move to North Korea.
I mean really?

I have no problem if you say the add is distasteful or its not fair game to use anyone's kids but jail, investigation? For what??

As for the add. I do find it of bad taste but the add is 100% correct. The first family has 24/7 armed security and for good reason. However those agents are also sitting in the kids school with their loaded guns. Semiauto pistols and automatic machine guns. President Obama should have no problem with this. They should have security however if its ok for the first children to have armed law enforcement in their schools why shouldn't the rest of us.

At the same time it is not a federal issue. If school districts want police or armed security or even armed principals they are allowed to do so. The point it makes Is Obama is not in the right to say armed police in schools is a horrible thing because his children currently have it and I am sure he is glad they do.

Everyone does realize that logically. Not politically, not tastefully but logically the argument makes perfect sense right? His family and all other presidential families have 24/7 armed security. This includes armed personnel in schools. So logically the president really is in no position to tell schools and parents that other armed personnel should not be in their schools too. Logic people.

And no the NRA is not asking for Secret Service Agents in every school. But maybe a police officer, a retired police officer would do. Every school is a bit of a stretch but if a schools district sees it fit and has the money for it I see no reason to be against it. That is the point, pres Obama should not be against it.

Again he has nothing to do with this issue anyway, he does not decide who can't and can have a gun in state run schools.

[Edited 2013-01-15 21:08:47]
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Tugger

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 6):
The point it makes Is Obama is not in the right to say armed police in schools is a horrible thing because his children currently have it and I am sure he is glad they do.

He was perfectly right to say such a thing in response to the NRA's call for armed guards at all schools across the nation. The vast majority of schools are not environments where it is needed or even desired, the fact that a nut job will do something, somewhere, and sometimes at a school is not a reason to call for every school to be armed. That is what he was right in calling out. The NRA was stupid in their statement but they have decided to go all in and so lets see how they do.

Tugg

[Edited 2013-01-15 21:16:22]
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Skydrol

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 am

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 3):
So the NRA is calling Obama a hyporcrite for having the Secret Service protect his kids? Someone should tell the NRA that the Secret Service has been protecting the Presidents family since the 60's.

Singling out the Obama family, and ignoring the obvious truth with this type of trashy 'spin' just makes it look like the NRA is desparate to get more commercial time on Fox News.

✈LD4 ✈
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

cmf

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 am

however if its ok for the first children to have armed law enforcement in their schools why shouldn't the rest of us.

If everyone having a gun in a school is trained and checked to the same degree, sure, by all means.

This video is nothing but an attempt to poison the discussion.
Don’t repeat earlier generations mistakes. Learn history for a better future.

Aesma

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 am

Well even if nobody (except LEO) had guns the secret service would still protect those children with guns. It only takes a knife or a hunting rifle to hit them.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

pvjin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 am

I wonder who would have the authority to choose those armed guards?

His family and all other presidential families have 24/7 armed security. This includes armed personnel in schools. So logically the president really is in no position to tell schools and parents that other armed personnel should not be in their schools too. Logic people.

That's because his family is way more likely target of terrorism and other violence than your average American family is, nothing logical to put armed guards on every school because of that.

I think any society that needs armed guards in regular schools without family members of the president or similar has something seriously wrong.
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable." - Voltaire

Klaus

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 am

What struck me most is the NRA's apparently prevailing attitude of petulant annoyance about being bothered with the recent carnage at all, as if the mass killing by itself wasn't really something of relevance to them.

The absence of a more than just perfunctory human response that might permit a look beyond their role of mere weapons lobbyists.

But no, instead they drag the President's kids into the spotlight, abusing their protection detail which has nothing to do with them being kids, but only with the job their father is doing, as a political cudgel.

These people clearly have no shame whatsoever.

Nor any sense of proportion.

Nor of compassion.

flymia

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 am

Too all the responses from my comments I enjoy how you all put words in my statements.

I never said all schools need armed guards or shoulda have armed gaurds. This is not the point. The point is Obama clearly reacted against the NRA statement about armed gaurds. Yet his own family uses them. For good cause of course they should have USSS protection. But to say that is a crazy idea, and idea not meant for schools is a bit hypocritical. It should be up to,schools ands state districts as it is. The video is just giving a different perspective. You have a man telling the country guns in schools is a horrible idea while his own children are protect by semi auto pistols and fully automatic machine guns. Again I think they should have this protection but to say its a horrendous idea to give other children armed protection I'd their schools feels it fit is just not right.

Not a federal issue anyway. So not that important of an issue, so I agree that it is a video trying to cut away from the real problems.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

itsjustme

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am

Quoting Skydrol (Reply 8):
NRA is desparate

They're just showing their true colors is all. They suspect President Obama will soon be cutting into their profits by banning certain weapons and they're pissed off about it. So what do they do? They drag two very innocent children into their twisted attempt to attack the President. Nice.

AR385

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 am

Everyone does realize that logically. Not politically, not tastefully but logically the argument makes perfect sense right? His family and all other presidential families have 24/7 armed security. This includes armed personnel in schools. So logically the president really is in no position to tell schools and parents that other armed personnel should not be in their schools too. Logic people.

The argument makes no logic at all. Fallacious would be the way to put it, because:

Quoting pvjin (Reply 11):
That's because his family is way more likely target of terrorism and other violence than your average American family is, nothing logical to put armed guards on every school because of that.

FlyPNS1

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 13):
Again I think they should have this protection but to say its a horrendous idea to give other children armed protection I'd their schools feels it fit is just not right.

It's a horrendous idea because it doesn't really solve the root problem. You'll never solve gun violence problems by simply throwing more guns at it. The NRA is just looking for a "quick fix" that keeps the gun manufacturers happy and nothing more.

Quoting flymia (Reply 13):
Not a federal issue anyway. So not that important of an issue, so I agree that it is a video trying to cut away from the real problems.

I agree it's not a federal issue, but the President and NRA are certainly welcome to their opinion.

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 17):
Good fir the NRA

So the President should call for every child in the US to have Secret Service Personnel at the expense of the tax payers.

Is that what the NRA wants?

Anything different will make the President a hypocrite - really.

Does the Ryan budget include this expense?
Step into my office, baby

pvjin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

If Obummer can moleste the memoires of twenty kids and then surround himself with kids in a clear propaganda move as he takes away our cuvil rights then I have no problem with bringing in his kids and the hyprocrocy of their protection

Hah, and you think it's respectful from NRA towards memory of those kids to promote having even more guns around in the US? In the end the clear fact is that big amount of guns is directly linked to big amount of school shootings and other gun violence like that.

Of course typical criminals can get guns no matter restrictions, however majority of school shootings and other acts like that are committed by young mentally ill people with most of the time little to no serious criminal history.
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable." - Voltaire

MSPNWA

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Obama and other media members like David Gregory have been hypocritical on this matter. They say the expected lines about being skeptical about armed guards in schools being an effective way to deter shootings, yet their children go to schools with heavy presence from guards--presumably armed. Actions speak louder than words. If they truly believed what they said, they'd pull their kids from such a school. But they know where the truth lies and won't do that. Armed guards are better than no armed guards. So their words mean nothing.

flymia

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm

We are talking about trained police here. You guys who are saying the NRA wants Secret Service at every school don't be so ridiculous you know that's not the point. What they say should happen is more police officers in schools. In Miami-Dade there is a whole separate police dept just for schools. However, most of their patrols are in high schools and some middle schools not elementary schools.

The NRA for the school thing protection thing is not asking for more guns to whoever. They are asking that trained professionals whether it be police officers, or school officials have a weapon. And not every teacher one or two in the school would likely do. It has happened saves children beafore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

I don't see how having police in a school would add more guns to the streets or increase violence.

Again I know this isn't the larger problem of gun violence in the country. I understand that, but its not a bad idea to keep schools safe.

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 21):
We are talking about trained police here. You guys who are saying the NRA wants Secret Service at every school

Because anything less is not what the Obama girls get. Simple.

L-188

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

That and I am tired of my tax dollars going to seven million dollar vacations for those two brats
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

pvjin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 23):
That and I am tired of my tax dollars going to seven million dollar vacations for those two brats

Nah, clearly the only issue to you is that the father of those two brats is not Republican. And that money is nothing compared to all the money US military wastes every year to develop even better methods of killing people abroad instead of concentrating on actual defense. And no, killing religious fundamentalists in countries like Afghanistan isn't going to help US security at all.

Maverick623

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 pm

I hope the leadership of the NRA gets investigated by the secret service and their hinds thrown in jail.

For exercising their First Amendment right to free speech?

Typical.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Mir

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Quoting MSPNWA (Reply 20):
Obama and other media members like David Gregory have been hypocritical on this matter. They say the expected lines about being skeptical about armed guards in schools being an effective way to deter shootings, yet their children go to schools with heavy presence from guards--presumably armed.

Saying that armed guards in schools is not an effective way to deter shootings (which is true) is not the same as saying that armed guards in schools makes those schools more dangerous to be in (which is not necessarily true, depending on the sort of guards you have).

And David Gregory has nothing to do with this. His kids happen to go to the same school as Obama's - were that not the case there wouldn't be the armed guards.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Kiwirob

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

I fail to see how having an armed guard in every school will stop school shootings. Schools generally cover a large area with multiple buildings, the guard can't be everywhere, the chances of said guard being in the right place at the right time are pretty slim, I'm sure the shooter will most likely have knocked off a few kids before the guard arrives on the scene. The easiest way of stopping a shooter getting onto school property in my opinion is to fence it with razor wire and have only one entry and exit point with a metal detector.

FlyPNS1

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

I understand that, but its not a bad idea to keep schools safe.

Except it won't. Columbine had an armed officer on duty, it didn't deter the school from being attacked and didn't prevent a slew of people from getting killed. The two shooters in that case who were students at the high school would have known about the security guard being armed, but it didn't stop them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...umbine-armed-guards_n_2347096.html

windy95

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:09 pm

For what? Or is Obama going to make a Presidential decree limiting their first amendment right's?

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 3):
So the NRA is calling Obama a hyporcrite for having the Secret Service protect his kids?

Yes they are. And while we are at ti whynot talk about his hypocrisy of not sending his kid's a to public school but ended the school voucher program in DC allowing parent's to send their kid's to better school's . He is the King of Hypocrites.

Quoting Skydrol (Reply 4):
These are very sick individuals, so this attack reaction should not be a surprise.

Please elaborate on what kind of sickness these NRA people have?

Quoting mt99 (Reply 18):
So the President should call for every child in the US to have Secret Service Personnel at the expense of the tax payers.

Well he is calling for the same thing with health care. But now you are worried about a few billion? LOL

Quoting pvjin (Reply 24):
Quoting L-188 (Reply 23):That and I am tired of my tax dollars going to seven million dollar vacations for those two brats
Nah, clearly the only issue to you is that the father of those two brats is not Republican.

No he and his wife's extravagant traveling is the issue. But nice try playing that card.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 24):
of killing people abroad instead of concentrating on actual defense. And no, killing religious fundamentalists in countries like Afghanistan isn't going to help US security at all.

Like Obama killing woman and children with Drone strikes?

Quoting tugger (Reply 5):
For wanting to bankrupt the country?

Do you realize how much it would cost to provide the level of protection afforded the President and his family and extend that to all the schools in the nation? And remember the NRA is proposing that this all be paid for with public dollars.

A little over dramatic.

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 29):

Well he is calling for the same thing with health care. But now you are worried about a few billion? LOL

Oh - so have made the math.. care to share on how you get to a "few billion" -

In any case - you would be OK with the expense?

windy95

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 30):
In any case - you would be OK with the expense?

Yes at the local level if your state or county want's it. But nothing funded form the Federal level. Just like health care should be.

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 31):
Yes at the local level if your state or county want's it. But nothing funded form the Federal level. Just like health care should be.

So your mention of Healthcare had nothing to do with it.. I see..

DO any of the laws proposed prevent local or state governments to implement?

windy95

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 32):
DO any of the laws proposed prevent local or state governments to implement?

I do not think that the States should acknowledge any federal firearm laws.

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 33):

I do not think that the States should acknowledge any federal firearm laws.

You did not answer my question

itsjustme

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

They are asking that trained professionals whether it be police officers, or school officials have a weapon.

No. The NRA's executive VP has specifically called on Congress to act immediately “to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school in this nation.”

If Obummer

Really? And we're supposed to take anything you say seriously when you resort to such childish name calling?

for those two brats

And now you're calling two children you've never personally met "brats". Look, you're welcome to your opinion about the President but resorting to name calling and then attacking his 11 and 14 year old children is a new all time low for you. Well done!

If they truly believed what they said, they'd pull their kids from such a school. But they know where the truth lies and won't do that. Armed guards are better than no armed guards. So their words mean nothing.

Right. Even if what you're saying is true (how do you know where Gregory's kids go to school?), I am sure David Gregory keeps his kids in a particular school only because there are armed guards present. I am certain the level of education his kids are receiving plays no role in his decision where his kids attend school.   

Actions speak louder than words.

Ah, that they do! Let's look at the NRA's Mission Statement and please tell me how their actions support their words. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see it stated anywhere that part of their mission is to release attack ads against the President of The United States and his children.
Established in 1990, the NRA Foundation, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearms-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context.

pvjin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 29):
Like Obama killing woman and children with Drone strikes?

That's only because presidents before him messed everything up through their ignorant foreign politics. At least he hasn't started a war killing huge amount of people like George W Bush did.

"Yes at the local level if your state or county want's it. But nothing funded form the Federal level. Just like health care should be."

Every single citizen of any country should have access to healthcare, I believe that being poor shouldn't make life worth less.

[Edited 2013-01-16 10:28:54]

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 31):

As pointed out bu itsjustme, it looks like you do t not agree with the NRA:

he NRA's executive VP has specifically called on Congress to act immediately “to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school in this nation.”

Shame on you that you don't agree with the NRA.

itsjustme

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:45 pm

One suggestion I have for the NRA is, before you go calling people hypocrites, perhaps you should look in the mirror. Not too long ago, they went on National TV and, among other things blamed video games for this country's violent behavior (a statement that is ludicrous, by the way). So what do they do? They release a gun-themed video game that is, um, "targeted" at children ages 4 and up. Even more maddening is the fact that one of the weapons depicted in this "violence-causing video game" (words of the NRA) looks a lot like the same type of weapon that was used to mow down 20 six year olds.

2707200X
Topic Author

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Good fir the NRA

If Obummer can moleste the memoires of twenty kids and then surround himself with kids in a clear propaganda move as he takes away our cuvil rights then I have no problem with bringing in his kids and the hyprocrocy of their protection

This is why I support Obama's gun control laws and the enhanced protection of Obamas children.

If you need a stockpile on assault riffles and a mound of ammo, your friggin crazy, what are you people, David Koresh, Ruby Ridge. Why don't they and many of those GOP members stick to gun safety and away from being Americas #1 advocate of Bushmasters and other semi automatics for stockpiling.

[Edited 2013-01-16 11:32:07]

DeltaMD90

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 pm

I hope the leadership of the NRA gets investigated by the secret service and their hinds thrown in jail

For what? What crime did they commit? I mean I disagree with their line of thinking and know that the President's kids will obviously be a higher target, but jail time? This isn't Soviet Russia, people can speak out. They did nothing illegal

Quoting Klaus (Reply 12):
The absence of a more than just perfunctory human response

I agree with this. I believe us gun owners are losing the fight because we often come up with some pretty absurd responses. Argue what you think is right, don't come up with crazy ideas just to swing something in your favor

Quoting itsjustme (Reply 14):
They suspect President Obama will soon be cutting into their profits by banning certain weapons and they're pissed off about it.

Well don't forget that the NRA is comprised and supported by millions, most of which could care less about profits of gun stores

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 27):
the chances of said guard being in the right place at the right time are pretty slim

I agree with this too. The NRA's fix to the CT is lacking. I also don't want to live in a country where there are armed guards everywhere, like Egypt (at least before the revolution, not sure what it looks now.) I do support citizens carrying, granted that they are trained adequately. Some people act like being responsible with a gun takes years of meticulous training... no, citizens can be armed and competent too. They often aren't, but training can fix that

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 28):
Except it won't. Columbine had an armed officer on duty, it didn't deter the school from being attacked and didn't prevent a slew of people from getting killed. The two shooters in that case who were students at the high school would have known about the security guard being armed, but it didn't stop them.

To be fair, this incident completely changed how cops react to school shootings. Columbine is a terrible example of most arguments since so much changed. Look at the VA Tech shootings... the cop went straight for the shooter (who killed himself) instead of doing what the Columbine guard did. That being said, I don't think an armed guard at every school will defeat the problem
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 40):
Well don't forget that the NRA is comprised and supported by millions, most of which could care less about profits of gun stores

But a handful (gun manufactures, for example) provide most of the funding.

This is prettty telling:

"This program is geared toward your company's corporate interests," the NRA says in an online solicitation to corporate donors titled "The Future of Freedom" and signed by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.

Read more: NRA-millions-annually-4154872.php#ixzz2IAW7lFvv" target="_blank">http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...annually-4154872.php#ixzz2IAW7lFvv

DeltaMD90

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 41):
But a handful (gun manufactures, for example) provide most of the funding.

Yes, and? How is the NRA different from any lobbyist group out there? Again, I don't agree with a lot they do but at least they represent gun owners in addition to the usual big companies (who have the money,) better than Big Oil or Big Pharma that just fights for themselves.

I can see the dislike towards lobbyist and special interest groups, but why the NRA gets so much crap is beyond me. I mean, there are groups I disagree with that I don't completely loathe like some here are doing to the NRA

mt99

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 42):
Yes, and? How is the NRA different from any lobbyist group out there? A

And? Nothing.. just pointing out that you were wrong when you said:

I have not made any value judgement on the fact that it supported by a handful of companies.I am just presenting the facts and correcting your statement.

What you make of these facts - is your choice.

DeltaMD90

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 43):

Oh well I think you misunderstood what I originally said. I am not doubting lobbying is a big part of it all, I was just noting that the NRA is not just blowing off the will of the people and going against what 99% of the population thinks... they represent a big chunk of the population and everything they are saying isn't just corporate crap, mixed with it are the voices of millions of Americans

Mir

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 42):
How is the NRA different from any lobbyist group out there? Again, I don't agree with a lot they do but at least they represent gun owners in addition to the usual big companies (who have the money,)

You're a rational, responsible gun owner; is what the NRA has been doing of late really representing your interests? Because it seems to me like they care far more about making sure that everyone has easy access to firearms, even those who shouldn't, which really helps gun manufacturers more than the average citizen.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

luv2fly

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 pm

His kids or brats as you want to call them, have been a whole lot less grief then the Bush girls.
You can cut the irony with a knife

luv2fly

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Also Obama has vacationed far less then Bush did.

http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/oba...president-bush-racked-up-the-most/
You can cut the irony with a knife

DeltaMD90

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 45):
You're a rational, responsible gun owner; is what the NRA has been doing of late really representing your interests?

No, and I have touched on that. But they do represent my interests to a degree. My point was they aren't just a corporate slave, they do have millions of people's interests in mind

itsjustme

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Well first, no one other than the NRA knows the true number of members they have. Secondly, George Kollitides, the CEO of the company that manufactures the weapon used in the Newtown killings is an NRA committee member so there is definitely a connection between the NRA brass and gun sales. And while on the topic of Mr. Kollitides, let's look at how he became a board member. In 2009, he ran for the NRA board but lost, even though he was endorsed by Remington. According to a report in the NY Times,"His campaign didn't sit well with some gun bloggers, who viewed him as an industry interloper". Yet, the NRA allows itself to overrule election outcomes and any member of their leadership can appoint board members. That is how Mr. Kollitiedes, the CEO of the company that manufactures Bushmaster rifles, became an NRA board member. Does that sound the least suspect to you? If I were an NRA member, I'd be a little pissed off knowing the organization I support and contribute my hard earned money to feels it can give me a very big "F" you when it comes to respecting my vote.

Kiwirob

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Quoting luv2fly (Reply 47):
Also Obama has vacationed far less then Bush did.

It's staggering to think that that turkey spent 1020 days on holiday, you really only had the halfwit in charge for 5 of his 8 years, kinda scary thinking who was in charge for the other 3 years.