usflyer msp
Topic Author

What To Do About Rapist Barber?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 pm

My barber got sent to jail for beating his wife and is having his cousin run his shop for 6 mos while he is gone. His cousin does a great job and works cheap but the problem is he keeps humping my arm when he gives me a shave. At first I thought it was just a coincidence but now I have been in his chair three times and he has done it every time. I feel kind of powerless as I don't want to say anything since he has a big straight razor up against my neck. So I just sit there and let him rub his junk against my arm and feel him get "excited" and I just take it.

He also has done other weird stuff like ask me to get a soda from the machine for him so I bend over right in front of him and he never gives me his business card (even though they are right on the counter)...he always gives me his personal cell phone number with a reminder that he makes free house calls if it's an emergency.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this with him? I refuse to go to a different shop since I have been going there for 12 years and no one knows my hair like they do (plus no other shop will do a cut and a hot shave for $16). I've though about putting my elbow out out next time he tries it but I'm not sure how he will react. He is a macho Dominican man so you really cannot be direct. OK, I realize this isn't a huge deal like the Delhi Gang Rape victim but I still would like him to stop.

Thanks for the advice...

casinterest

RE: What To Do About Rapist Barber?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Quoting usflyer msp (Thread starter):

Thanks for the advice...

Ummmm, you need a new barber. Or a snowglobe.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

fr8mech

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm

I refuse to go to a different shop since I have been going there for 12 years and no one knows my hair like they do (plus no other shop will do a cut and a hot shave for $16)

That's your problem. It's freaking hair.

No one knows your hair like the guy that's been cutting it for less than 6 months?

Get a new barber or ask for a reach around.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

AR385

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 pm

I have been in his chair three times and he has done it every time. I feel kind of powerless as I don't want to say anything since he has a big straight razor up against my neck. So I just sit there and let him rub his junk against my arm and feel him get "excited" and I just take it.

So. Let me get this straight. He did it once and you noticed, but came back because you refuse to go to another place. He did it a second time and you noticed but came back for a third time?

No wonder he keeps doing it. By this point he´s pretty certain you are enjoying it.

He also has done other weird stuff like ask me to get a soda from the machine for him so I bend over right in front of him

If my barber asked me for a soda, I would tell him to go get it himself. It should be the other way around. If you know what´s going on, why do you bend over for it?

And why do you want his business card? you know his place of business and the phone, I suppose, since you have to call for an appointment, don´t you?

I´m sorry, but there are a lot of mixed signals you are sending to the guy. Out of naiveté, I´m sure. You should really go someplace else, because he´s bound to make a serious move soon, and you won´t like it.

[Edited 2013-01-16 13:11:08]

ScarletHarlot

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Why do you want to continue to patronize the shop of a man who got sent to jail for beating his wife? And then having his replacement hump your arm on top of it? Someone else will figure out your hair. Just don't go back.
But that was when I ruled the world

AF340

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

I see a classic thread in the making  

Stop visiting. Just stop. Basically what you are saying is that you are willing to get molested to save a few bucks on a haircut. There are other people who can do just as good a job.

This is really cut and dry (pun intended). Stop. Now.

Tugger

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks for the advice...

Wait..... let me get this straight... You need advice? You need advice on what you should do?   
If you don't already know then no amount of advice will help.   

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

WestJet747

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm just curious as to why you've gone back a second and third time? There's nothing else to do but find a new barber until your guy gets out of prison. Really, it isn't that bad. I've been going to the same barber since I was 10-years old, but when I moved to Australia for 5 months I didn't have a choice but to find someone new temporarily. I was careful with my selection and it all worked out.

Also, best thread title I've seen in Non-Av in ages  
Quoting casinterest (Reply 1):
Or a snowglobe.

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 2):
Get a new barber or ask for a reach around.

Something tells me that if he keeps going back he won't even need to ask...
Flying refined.

L-188

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

I am thinkig your barber may have wanted to be a lumberjack
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

L0VE2FLY

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Unless you're enjoying it or the whole story is a joke, I recommend you let a blind Alzheimer's-stricken homeless to give you a cut, much cheaper and safer! 

vikkyvik

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Dude, you have to be making this up. In which case, points for creativity.

If not, I'm utterly speechless.

I refuse to go to a different shop since I have been going there for 12 years and no one knows my hair like they do

Um. You already are letting a different guy cut your hair. Not sure how going to a different shop would be any different.

plus no other shop will do a cut and a hot shave for $16

$16 seems cheap for a cut, shave, and hump.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

RussianJet

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Are you serious??? 'Macho' or not, you have two choices - beat him to a bloody pulp with your own bare hands, or report him for the offence he is commiting. My God......if someone 'humped' my arm uninvited (and for the record, NOBODY will ever be invited to do that) then they are going to get trouble - regardless of how big they are. Man, I'd rather someone beat me up than violated me sexually in this way.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Tugger

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 11):
......if someone 'humped' my arm uninvited (and for the record, NOBODY will ever be invited to do that) then they are going to get trouble - regardless of how big they are. Man, I'd rather someone beat me up than violated me sexually in this way.

Hey, my hair "stylist" is a very attractive lady, so I personally wouldn't it if she humped my arm or anything else of mine. 

You know, this thread could become eligible for the annual "A.net Snowglobe Award" this year!

Tugg   
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

AR385

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 11):
or report him for the offence he is commiting.

That ship has sailed. He´s been there twice after it happened the first time. If he was a minor, sure. but he´s an adult.

RussianJet

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 13):
That ship has sailed. He´s been there twice after it happened the first time. If he was a minor, sure. but he´s an adult.

Mmm, no - I don't think so. People aren't excluded from reporting sexual offences just because they were to afraid or freaked out to do so for a while. I concede that going back for more is an issue, but then he may not have quite believed what was occurring to begin with.

AR385

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 14):
People aren't excluded from reporting sexual offences just because they were to afraid or freaked out to do so for a while.

I totally agree with you. But the way the facts have been described by the OP does not make him seem too afraid, freaked out or in desbelief of what was going on.

RussianJet

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 15):
I totally agree with you. But the way the facts have been described by the OP does not make him seem too afraid, freaked out or in desbelief of what was going on.

To be honest, it's pretty hard to tell what on earth is really going on from the opening post.....

AR385

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 16):
To be honest, it's pretty hard to tell what on earth is really going on from the opening post.....

Yep. That is true.

TheCol

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

At first I thought it was just a coincidence but now I have been in his chair three times and he has done it every time.
Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 10):
Dude, you have to be making this up. In which case, points for creativity.

If not, I'm utterly speechless.

No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

DocLightning

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 am

Am I the only one thinking that this is an epic troll?

OP wins the internets...
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

RussianJet

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 19):

Thinking you could well be right, Doctor. If it's not, it's very messed-up indeed.

Tugger

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 am

OP wins the internets...

As said above:

Quoting tugger (Reply 12):
this thread could become eligible for the "A.net Snowglobe Award"

We need a way to "Snowglobe" a thread. Maybe a special marker on the thread page, instead of a star to highlight it with have a snowglobe...

Tugg

n229nw

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 am

I'm too lazy to post a meme, but let me just say it: Can't tell if serious...

But on the offchance that you are not trolling, this:

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 4):
Why do you want to continue to patronize the shop of a man who got sent to jail for beating his wife? And then having his replacement hump your arm on top of it? Someone else will figure out your hair. Just don't go back.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

flymia

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 am

This has to a be a joke right??

Man the non-av forum is only about U.S. politics or crazy love stories. I think this is a "love" story for one side.

Seriously? Go to another barber. I mean once I read the normal guy went to jail for beating his wife I thought ok time for a new place! And then the humping! And you are still there?
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

MD11Engineer

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:56 am

I remember having watched some spaghetti western years ago where the (bandit) hero, who had rewards on him from several people, not just the sheriff, was getting shaved by a barber. As the razor neared the throat, the barber was breaking out in sweat, because the hero had his sixgun pointed right at the barber´s ghoolies.
Maybe you should try something like this, grab to barber´s b@lls in a death grip and twist them as necessary?

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

3DoorsDown

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 am

It amazes me how clueless some people can be.

First - Your barber isn't raping you. If he is then you are a real dumb@## for staying. As it is you are a partial one for having to ask airliners.net geeks for advice on this.
Second - Do you really need to be told to find a new barber when one of them is a wife beater and the other is a dry humper? If so I can only assume your nanny laid out your clothes for you this and every morning.   
Third - Since you said he does it when he is shaving you, have you considered doing it yourself.

Now, grow a pair and to get you started here is a virtual snowglobe.   

fr8mech

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 am

Quoting 3DoorsDown (Reply 25):
Now, grow a pair and to get you started here is a virtual snowglobe.

Ok, I'm not really good at this internets thing...what's with the snowglobe?
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

WestJet747

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 26):

....Ask FLAIRPORT.
Flying refined.

sturmovik

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 am

Quoting AF340 (Reply 5):

I'll get the popcorn 
Quoting tugger (Reply 12):
"A.net Snowglobe Award"

This should be an actual thing. We should institute this. It could be to a.net what the 'like' button is to Facebook.

Part of me says that it could be an epic troll, but I really want to believe it's true, for the sake of the potential lulz ahead 
Quoting fr8mech (Reply 26):

Read all about it here.. : Friend Flying FL FLL-ATL Friday. (by FLAIRPORT Feb 17 2005 in Non Aviation)
'What's it doing now?'

Mir

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 am

Rapist Barber

Okay, let's talk for a moment about what "rape" means. "Rape" means sex. Now, I know that "humping my arm" is as close as many on this site may get to sex, but that still doesn't make it sex, and so the term "rapist" is grossly inaccurate.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

flymia

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 29):

True. But it certainly could qualify as a sexual assault and depending on the state that could makes the humping barber a sexual offender.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Geezer

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 am

Boy, I can't wait to tell MY barber about this thread !

And letting a guy who you already KNOW gets "excited" by "rubbing his junk" on your arm, get a straight razor on your neck ? My advice would be..........start getting you hair cut at a beauty college, and shave your own face with a good 3-blade disposable razor.
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

Maverick623

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 am

joined May 2000, 1667 posts

Pretty sure he's trolling. Then again, Propilot's been here just as long...
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

smittyone

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:43 am

no one knows my hair like they do

Here ya go:

MD-90

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 pm

It sounds like next time you go you need to carry an emergency snowglobe with you for self defense.   

Fabo

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 32):
Propilot's

Now I think I am missing something, is that some FLAIRPORT like figure?
The light at the end of tunnel turn out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

AF1624

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Or a snowglobe.
Quoting AF340 (Reply 5):

Oh yes, this one is going straight to the epic threads list.

Honestly man if you're not trolling you need to tell this exact same story to a "sane" person, live, and see their reaction. This will help you make your decision!
Cheers

sudden

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Or a snowglobe.

That's just epic. And it becomes even more funny as most likely half of the anetters don't even know what you mean.
When in doubt, flat out!

Rara

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Nah, it's proper trollage. Not bad though.

Still, I long for the days when we had seriously messed-up people here who didn't need to make up shit to get the great threads rolling....
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

Kiwirob

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

What's the bet that on the forth visit the barber flops it out.  

RussianJet

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 39):
What's the bet that on the forth visit the barber flops it out.

While having a razor held to your throat, that would be a truly rubbish situation.

ScarletHarlot

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 29):
Now, I know that "humping my arm" is as close as many on this site may get to sex,

Hee hee hee hee!
But that was when I ruled the world

Aesma

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 38):
Still, I long for the days when we had seriously messed-up people here who didn't need to make up shit to get the great threads rolling....

Well recently there was that guy who feared he was going to be a dad, didn't seem to be a troll.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Starbuk7

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

This is why I only have females cut my hair, if they want to rub up against me while doing so I am certainly OK with it.

And they all have been able to figure out what my "hair" was like and were able to cut it just fine.

ANITIX87

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

OP's absense = troll. Too bad there's no way to monitor who's viewing this thread, I'm sure we'd discover him reading it, not posting, and laughing his butt off.

Man there would be so many ways to improve the forum experience that I've seen in my adventures through other online communities!

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

Maverick623

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Quoting Fabo (Reply 35):
Now I think I am missing something, is that some FLAIRPORT like figure?
My Letter To The CEO Of WWF (by propilot83 Aug 5 2010 in Non Aviation)

My Letter To Unicef CEO (by propilot83 Aug 5 2010 in Non Aviation)

IIRC, he was busted in real life for pretending to be a Secret Service Agent in order to try get onto an airport ramp where AF1 was sitting. I could be mistaking him for someone else though...
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 37):
That's just epic. And it becomes even more funny as most likely half of the anetters don't even know what you mean.

It should be a sticky for this forum. That Flairport thread makes me laugh harder everytime I see it brought up.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

RussianJet

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 45):
My Letter To The CEO Of WWF (by propilot83 Aug 5 2010 in Non Aviation)

My Letter To Unicef CEO (by propilot83 Aug 5 2010 in Non Aviation)

That was brilliant, thanks.

I want to donate to the Hope for Snowglobe Foundation.

vikkyvik

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 pm

IIRC, he was busted in real life for pretending to be a Secret Service Agent in order to try get onto an airport ramp where AF1 was sitting. I could be mistaking him for someone else though...

No, I think you've got the right guy. That's what I remember too.

Some strange characters on the interwebs for sure.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

hOMSaR

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 am

Wait...what?

I don't remember that (but I wasn't really frequenting this forum until a year or so ago).

Is there a link to some news item on this somewhere?
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.