fallap

Great Snorkeling And Beaches In Turkey?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I might go on a vacation to Turkey this summer, flying with Aeroflot IL96 of course!   And after a few days in Istanbul, I would like to go south and relax for a few days with snorkeling and experience what else Turkey has to offer.

But I would like to stay away from the tourist-infested places like Alanya and Antalya. Can someone recommend a nice place with great snorkeling on the west/southern coast of Turkey?  

Thanks in advance!  
Grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M

TurkishWings

RE: Great Snorkeling And Beaches In Turkey?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Quoting Fallap (Thread starter):
I might go on a vacation to Turkey this summer, flying with Aeroflot IL96 of course!   And after a few days in Istanbul, I would like to go south and relax for a few days with snorkeling and experience what else Turkey has to offer.

But I would like to stay away from the tourist-infested places like Alanya and Antalya. Can someone recommend a nice place with great snorkeling on the west/southern coast of Turkey?  

Thanks in advance!  

We are not really a snorkeling destination like the Red Sea or the Maldives but I would certainly recommend Kas / Kalkan area for great beaches... You may need more than a few days though...

Otherwise, Cesme is a very hot local spot lately... In my opinion, the best beaches in Turkey are there... That's where I head for the past few summers... For that you need to fly to ADB though...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

fallap

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks for your reply TurkishWings!  

Perhaps I should continue to Egypt for snorkeling?
Grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M

TurkishWings

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Quoting Fallap (Reply 2):
Perhaps I should continue to Egypt for snorkeling?

,,Probably some of the best snorkeling is in the Red Sea... Attention: Might be too hot in summer...
Coffee - Tea or Me?