alberchico
Topic Author

Sweeping Manhunt For Rampaging Ex-cop

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:19 pm

http://www.latimes.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21373264

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

look at the number of bullet holes that that truck has, I feel sorry for anyone driving a vehicle fitting the suspects description today....

[Edited 2013-02-07 11:22:01]
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

RussianJet

RE: Sweeping Manhunt For Rampaging Ex-cop

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Wait, they shot up a blue truck because it 'fits the description' and then do the same to a black one?? My goodness. I'm generally a staunch defender of the Police, but this looks pretty outrageous. That poor woman.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Confuscius

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Quoting alberchico (Thread starter):

http://www.latimes.com/
"Local, state and federal authorities are involved in a massive manhunt for Dorner, who threatened "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police in an online manifesto. "

LAPD should hire armed security guards as soon as possible.
Ain't I a stinker?

Braniff747SP

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 pm

It's all over the news here in Los Angeles. Saw the electric billboards giving out the description of the car today on the freeways. Hope they catch him as soon as possible before he hurts anyone else.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

canoecarrier

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 1):
Wait, they shot up a blue truck because it 'fits the description' and then do the same to a black one?? My goodness. I'm generally a staunch defender of the Police, but this looks pretty outrageous. That poor woman.

The LA Times reported two separate shootings of vehicles matching the description of this guys car today. Not just the one linked above. The LAPD has one of the worst reputations of any police department in the US. This won't help improve it.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

DocLightning

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Cops in this country are mostly good. However, there are certain yahoos who should be screened out.

I'm no expert, but generally verifying your target before using lethal force is standard procedure, no?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

RussianJet

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 5):
I'm no expert, but generally verifying your target before using lethal force is standard procedure, no?

One would think so. I hope someone's own ass gets handed to themself on a platter for shooting the woman delivering newspapers.

canoecarrier

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I took some time to read through the accused's "manifesto" which is available now on several news outlets. I don't in anyway condone what he did, but there are many accusations he makes that could very possibly be true given the reputation of the LAPD. I hope he's brought to justice for what he has done, but I also hope that the LAPD and media go through the investigation that led up to his being dismissed as a LEO. Because, he's in essence saying he was fired for being a whistle-blower. And, some of what he says sounds very plausible.

Here's what he sent the media:

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2101902...festo-about-slayings#ixzz2KETaRYYL

Silver1SWA
Crew

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 pm

The scope of this manhunt is insane. Evidence is popping up all over Southern California, including here in San Diego where his wallet and badge were found. Apparently he tried to steal a boat here late last night.

I just finished reading the "manifesto" and it's heavy stuff. This seems like something taken straight from a movie. The scary thing is, he has been trained by the LAPD and US Military. He claims to know (and chances are he does) how law enforcement will respond to his actions. That means he's potentionally one or more steps ahead of them at all times which makes this incredibly dangerous.

Scary stuff!
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Maverick623

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Wait, they shot up a blue truck because it 'fits the description' and then do the same to a black one?? My goodness. I'm generally a staunch defender of the Police, but this looks pretty outrageous.

Oh, it gets better. The Riverside PD chief condemned the shooting of his two officers, saying they were ambushed "and didn't even have a chance to fight back". Yet no such sympathy for the papergirls or condemnation of the cops that shot them.

He literally accomplished one of his goals, albeit in the worst way possible.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

hOMSaR

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm

When does the movie come out?
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.

alberchico
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 9):
Yet no such sympathy for the papergirls or condemnation of the cops that shot them.

Well on the plus side they've got a multi million dollar settlement coming their way, that should cheer them up...
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Aesma

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 pm

I guess you now realize why in some countries, even cops don't have guns !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

stratosphere

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 am

Quoting Aesma (Reply 12):
I guess you now realize why in some countries, even cops don't have guns !

Well I think even Britain has revised that.. Kinda hard to stop someone in a rampage (and yes liberals criminals get guns in places like London) If your police have nothing but nightsticks for protection.

TheCommodore

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:03 am

Quoting stratosphere (Reply 13):
If your police have nothing but nightsticks for protection.

Many countries still enjoy a police force (general duties) who are not armed. If the situation involves arms, then the police who are armed take over....

Having lived in a country (nz) where this occurs, its very refreshing indeed.

[Edited 2013-02-07 22:06:59]
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

detroitflyer

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:57 am

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 4):

The LA Times reported two separate shootings of vehicles matching the description of this guys car today. Not just the one linked above.

WTF!!! Those officers should be prosecuted and thrown in jail. I understand the tension, but if you cannot handle it dont become a police officer.

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 14):
Having lived in a country (nz) where this occurs, its very refreshing indeed.

Oh please!! It refreshing not to have an officer carry a gun? How so? I would much rather have all officers carry guns so that when there is an emergency, they aren't scrambling to find an officer that does have a gun. After all, i cannot find a case where an on duty officer has every maliciously killed someone using his firearm.
Boiler Up!!!

pvjin

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Wow US police forces shooting innocent people again instead of actual criminals, how surprising.

I can now kinda understand why so many people in the US resist any restrictions to obtaining guns, sure I would like to have one too if incompetent armed polices were fooling around my neighborhood all the time. I'm really glad that in this country police forces are well trained.

[Edited 2013-02-08 04:23:37]
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable." - Voltaire

ltbewr

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:59 pm

One has to wonder if this man should have ever become a cop in the first place. He seems to have some serious mental health problems, made worse by the culture of the LAPD including it's racism.

I suspect if and when the cops get him in a corner, all the cameras will be turned off and he is going to die in a hailstorm of bullets, even if surrendering. He killed cops and that is a sure way to end up dead too. I just hope they get to him before he shoots and kills others.

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 18):
One has to wonder if this man should have ever become a cop in the first place. He seems to have some serious mental health problems, made worse by the culture of the LAPD including it's racism.

Well right now the people who know him are wondering how in the world this is the same guy they know. It's probably very shocking, and he even acknowledges that in his manifesto.

Sometimes you just never know what's really going on inside someone's head.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

hOMSaR

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Quoting detroitflyer (Reply 16):
After all, i cannot find a case where an on duty officer has every maliciously killed someone using his firearm.

There have been numerous examples of police killing unarmed civilians using guns over the years.
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.

RussianJet

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Quoting hoMsar (Reply 20):
There have been numerous examples of police killing unarmed civilians using guns over the years.

Of course, but the keyword there is 'maliciously'.

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 17):

Way to generalize dude. Do you have any idea how police departments around here operate? Most are just normal, good departments, then you have some like the LAPD that are full of corruption. Now, admittedly, the LAPD does have some pretty serious problems and heads should roll (metaphorically) about lighting up innocent people in these pick up trucks...

I'd almost have respect for this man if he went about this in a much different way, without using violence. It seems like the LAPD is really messed up, assuming his stories check out, but any credibility he had is rightly thrown out when he starts gunning down people. And although I disagree with the tactic, I can at least see why he'd go after police, but why on earth would he go against their families?

Plus, what if he shoots another police officer that thinks just like him? He is truly deranged.
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

hOMSaR

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 21):
Quoting hoMsar (Reply 20):

Of course, but the keyword there is 'maliciously'.

Why should "malicious" be the determining factor in whether or not something is okay?

canoecarrier

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm

WTF!!! Those officers should be prosecuted and thrown in jail. I understand the tension, but if you cannot handle it dont become a police officer.

This article has a photo of the truck the LAPD shot up containing 2 women delivering newspapers.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...s-newspaper-carriers.html#comments

It wasn't just one or two shots, they shot the truck up.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 17):
Wow US police forces shooting innocent people again instead of actual criminals, how surprising.

I think we can all agree that what happened in the two shootings of innocent civilians driving trucks similar to the one the PD was looking for is bad, criminally bad, but I also can't imagine being a police officer knowing you were being hunted by a trained military man.

That doesn't excuse the accidental shootings, but you also have to realize that these guys could be ambushed at any time.

RussianJet

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Quoting hoMsar (Reply 23):
Why should "malicious" be the determining factor in whether or not something is okay?

I don't think it should, it just happened to be a key word in the quote you responded to.

johns624

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 22):
I'd almost have respect for this man if he went about this in a much different way, without using violence

Not that I condone what he's done, but it seems like he tried all the "normal' channels and didn't get anywhere and decided to go out in a blaze of glory.

BN747

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

A disturbing quote from his manifesto...
From 2/05 to 1/09 I saw some of the most vile things humans can inflict on others as a police officer in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the streets of LA. It was in the confounds of LAPD police stations and shops (cruisers). The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it's the police officers.

Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2101902...o-about-slayings#ixzz2KKrnl9Bw

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 22):

I'd almost have respect for this man if he went about this in a much different way, without using violence.

That's not realistic... it sounds like you did read his manifesto, that being the case..it's abundantly clear that exactly what kind of situation he was in. This truly is the 100% realization of 'No Way Out'.

Justice is what we make it. And sometimes we make it impossible to obtain. This is that case.

I'm going back over this manifesto because it is so much information, detailed information of an inside that few of us will ever see, but many of us suspect to be true and yet still turn a blind eye to.

I'm startled by this in a big way because I have posted on here on how I believed the LAPD had changed from my own perception.. but if half of what this man is saying is valid. The future simply does not look good as the population expands along abhorrant behavior.

This event is currently having the same seismic effect on the area as the infamous Burbank automatic weapon bank robbery/shootout with the cops on live tv years ago,

This is big.

Antonio Villaraigosa's political future is now front and center because of this...how this plays out determines if he goes any further although he had nothing to do with any of it.

This is a pure unabated cluster f--k!

I hope anyone commenting is reading this manifesto, at least twice. A true life person putting it all on the line knowing full well how it's going to end.

I suspect if and when the cops get him in a corner, all the cameras will be turned off and he is going to die in a hailstorm of bullets, even if surrendering.

Exactly...

One has to wonder if this man should have ever become a cop in the first place.

Soooo....if you believe in justice, the rule of law and protecting those who cannot fight back... the police force is not the place for you?

BN747

[Edited 2013-02-08 11:22:43]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Starbuk7

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

If you read this story the two women delivering papers were driving around a neighborhood of an officer that was listed in his "hit" list with no lights on.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...Ex-Officers-Manhunt-190238221.html

Not giving the police a pass for shooting up the truck but I would have been wary myself seeing this.

Kiwirob

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Quoting stratosphere (Reply 13):
Well I think even Britain has revised that..

No they haven't, British police still don't carry and are apparently more than happy not to.

Looks like might be the nail in the coffin for the assault type rifle in public hands, the guy is military and police trained on a rampage with an assault rifle, good stuff America you guys sure as hell know what you're doing.

canoecarrier

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 29):
Looks like might be the nail in the coffin for the assault type rifle in public hands, the guy is military and police trained on a rampage with an assault rifle, good stuff America you guys sure as hell know what you're doing.

If that's your opinion then you know nothing about American gun politics.

Anyway, I find it interesting that with the manhunt centered or at least focusing on the Mammoth area the ski resort is still operating while they search homes around the resort.

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 27):
That's not realistic... it sounds like you did read his manifesto, that being the case..it's abundantly clear that exactly what kind of situation he was in. This truly is the 100% realization of 'No Way Out'.

I don't care what his reasoning is... killing other cops isn't the way to go. I read part of his manifesto (a few paragraphs, not the dozens and dozens he wrote) but just like everything else in life, there is always two sides to the story. I have a strong hunch the LAPD did commit some wrongs but I am not gonna blindly believe everything he says... especially from someone as unstable as he is (stable people don't go hunting fellow cops)

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 pm

I hope anyone commenting is reading this manifesto, at least twice. A true life person putting it all on the line knowing full well how it's going to end.

At least once!

I don't think anyone who hasn't read the manifesto can grasp exactly what's going on here.

I got home last night and brought it up to my roommates. All they heard was a cop killer is on the loose. They shrugged it off, wondering why everyone was making such a big deal about it. READ THE MANIFESTO!

His belongings being found in San Diego, the attempted boat-jacking, his burned truck in Big Bear...I think he's toying with them, giving them leads in all different directions. Reminds me a little of The Joker in The Dark Night.

canoecarrier

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 32):
I don't think anyone who hasn't read the manifesto can grasp exactly what's going on here.

I second this. He's pretty specific in his accusations and as I said above, it's entirely possible that some of them are true. That doesn't excuse what he has done. For that he should pay, but reading the manifesto certainly puts in more in context.

I'm sure now that the media will fully investigate his accusations. That I'm interested in reading, whenever that is published. I won't believe a word that comes out of the LAPD right now.

I don't think this about most law enforcement agencies but the LAPD has an earned reputation.

His belongings being found in San Diego, the attempted boat-jacking, his burned truck in Big Bear...I think he's toying with them, giving them leads in all different directions. Reminds me a little of The Joker in The Dark Night.

This guy has an end game planned. Last year here in Seattle we had a guy that killed his family who had for years been building a bunker in the mountains as his refuge after he did it. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows exactly where he wants this to end. The car fire in Mammoth has to be a distraction.

BN747

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 33):
I'm sure now that the media will fully investigate his accusations

Not a chance...

MSNBC, CNN, Fox.. doesn't matter.

They'll all folded like a wet cardboard box under Bush and his illegal war, this?

This is seriously scary stuff (to the cops that is). It's either them.. or him. He's gotta go and he's gotta be shutdown - completely with nothing left. Dorner can not make it trial.. because every police force in the nation will be on the stand.

This is one of those extremely rare events that has the potential to shake a nation. If there were a Trayvon Martin going on in LA right now, a riot would surely ensure...a court case would open more cans of worms than can be contained.

The media doesn't want this hot potato, sure, they want the sensationalism of blood lust..but not true 'drill down-get-to-the-bottom-of-this' diligence...none of them are up for it.

I'd trust only one outfit to take on that task and leave no stone unturned...Al Jazeera - and they'd be shutdown if they did.

Cover up (everywhere) is in full throttle as you read. All information heretofore is suspect.

This guy has an end game planned. Last year here in Seattle we had a guy that killed his family who had for years been building a bunker in the mountains as his refuge after he did it. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows exactly where he wants this to end. The car fire in Mammoth has to be a distraction.

Agreed 100%

His manifesto discloses a very perceptive and intelligent man, his physique puts fear into any of his peers at odds with him. He knows how they think, how they'll react. Once the Feds (cause local cops won't) locate him, he'll be the 1st American Droned on American soil.

BN747

[Edited 2013-02-08 12:34:50]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 34):

How do you feel about him killing a man?

canoecarrier

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 pm

His manifesto discloses a very perceptive and intelligent man, his physique puts fear into any of his peers at odds with him.

He's probably one of the first mass shooters in American history that is this intelligent. Not only is he smart, he's been trained both by the LAPD and the US Navy. IIRC he was a Lt. in the Navy so he's educated as well. The fact that the LAPD already has shot at two separate trucks that matched the description of his only illustrates how much they fear him.

Once the Feds (cause local cops won't) locate him, he'll be the 1st American Droned on American soil.

This won't happen, at least being killed by a drone. The Feds may very well will be the ones that find him, but although drones might find him and be used in surveillance like they already are being used on US soil, men on the ground will be the ones that kill him. Drones are regularly used along the border daily, and even by some local law enforcement agencies.

I think a lot of what he says he has is bluffing, like the fact that he has a MANPAD, or man portable air-defense system. But, having a sniper rifle is completely plausible.

aerobalance

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Quoting starbuk7 (Reply 28):
If you read this story the two women delivering papers were driving around a neighborhood of an officer that was listed in his "hit" list with no lights on.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...Ex-Officers-Manhunt-190238221.html

Not giving the police a pass for shooting up the truck but I would have been wary myself seeing this.

Not at all, big difference between a dark-colored Nissan Titan (I own one) and a Bright blue Toyota Tacoma. Make positive identification of the suspect before shooting 40 slugs at them. Pathetic fail by LAPD, an instance where the brotherhood will treat everyone outside the brotherhood as a criminal.

I have an office in one of the cities where officers were shot, it will be interesting to see how this all ends. Seems like Dorner is hours ahead and miles away from being caught. He's been brewing for awhile - I'm sure he has been planning this out since he was let go by the LAPD in 2009.

This is going to get uglier before it gets better.

[Edited 2013-02-08 14:28:09]
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 38):
I honestly cannot say I have faith in much of what is being told.

I think there is truth in it too but he could easily be extremely paranoid and many of his gripes may actually have simple explanations to them... there are mental illnesses that can do that. Even if he does have legitimate concerns, I still think he's a scumbag and not some brave soul fighting evil... evil is killing in cold blood. I hope any injustice is corrected but I'm not going to be cheering him on after what he did

Revelation

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 30):
Anyway, I find it interesting that with the manhunt centered or at least focusing on the Mammoth area the ski resort is still operating while they search homes around the resort.
The car fire in Mammoth has to be a distraction.
Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 36):

He's probably one of the first mass shooters in American history that is this intelligent. Not only is he smart, he's been trained both by the LAPD and the US Navy. IIRC he was a Lt. in the Navy so he's educated as well.

Indeed it's got to be a diversion showing how much smarter he is than other cops, the ones too dumb to realize that an African American wouldn't try to blend in at a ski resort!
Inspiration, move me brightly!

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Quoting aerobalance (Reply 39):
This is going to get uglier before it gets better.

He mentions "initial small scale offensive actions" which implies he's got a lot more up his sleeves.

DocLightning

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 40):
I think there is truth in it too but he could easily be extremely paranoid and many of his gripes may actually have simple explanations to them... there are mental illnesses that can do that. Even if he does have legitimate concerns, I still think he's a scumbag and not some brave soul fighting evil... evil is killing in cold blood. I hope any injustice is corrected but I'm not going to be cheering him on after what he did

Exactly. This is a manifesto written by a very sick man. You cannot believe what is written in it, even if it raises some good points.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

BN747

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am

I honestly cannot say I have faith in much of what is being told.

I think there is truth in it too but he could easily be extremely paranoid and many of his gripes may actually have simple explanations to them...

Spend about 10 more years where you are (hopefully advancing)... you will not be able to avoid - nor escape situations of power and influence. If you've think you seen examples..you'll need a few more years and a few more heightened levels of it to reach the understanding that many senior officers, politicians, police detectives and most large business owners about 'paranoia'... it becomes a necessary tool of survival in highest levels of competitiveness.

Even if he does have legitimate concerns, I still think he's a scumbag and not some brave soul fighting evil... evil is killing in cold blood.

You're entitled to that opinion going on 'the facts you've been served up'

Evil comes in forms that can appear to be worse than death.

I hope any injustice is corrected

That's nice, if you google up all the police corruption probes since the starting point of your choosing...you'll see your hopes have no chance of fruition.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but the trajectory that has led us up to today on multiple social levels point to more gov't controls which in turn means more TSA like thinking 'everyone's a criminal until....' this may be the very subliminal thinking of some ardent gun supporters. Nonetheless, it is 'injustice (of many forms)' that many have experienced too much of and many more will suffer in the future combined with abuse of those under authority that will lead to more distrust and skepticism.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 43):
This is a manifesto written by a very sick man.

Again, another 'opinion'

Various news organization range from 'rambling to well thought out' in their opinions.

I've read it and I can relate to much of which he speaks, I've see frustration in many people that he clearly expresses, some of which has probably been the source of 'gone postal episodes'.

I see in this guy the same frustration of that poor computer whiz kid in NY, Aaron Swartz - who also saw 'no way out'..but took his own life. This kid needed help...and not the medical kind many of you think solves all problems. Both of these people were in situations where the system was just to tainted and unfairly against lodge against them. Justice rarely comes in the mail. And it certainly won't come from your friends and family who run at the sign of a badge because we are increasingly seduced into accepting 'what we're told' by all authority is true and people like Swartz and Dorner are law breakers...you'll get "the details as we prepare them for you.." - which in turn become 'facts'.. no trial necessary.

BN747

[Edited 2013-02-08 17:55:33]

TheCommodore

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 am

Oh please!! It refreshing not to have an officer carry a gun? How so?

That's exactly the sort of reply I'd expect from someone living under your flag..

I wont bother trying to explaining what I meant by refreshing, you'll never understand anyway.

After all, i cannot find a case where an on duty officer has every maliciously killed someone using his firearm.

Then you haven't looked very hard !

A 71 and 44 year old women delivering newspapers ?

What ever happened to "identifying" your target BEFORE you open up and start firing like a mad idiots.
These officers should have the book shoved up there collective arses, and dismissed from the force.

Quoting aerobalance (Reply 39):
Not at all, big difference between a dark-colored Nissan Titan (I own one) and a Bright blue Toyota Tacoma. Make positive identification of the suspect before shooting 40 slugs at them. Pathetic fail by LAPD, an instance where the brotherhood will treat everyone outside the brotherhood as a criminal.

Well put !
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

IMissPiedmont

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 am

I am being wary as I type this, you never know if some nut will walk up these days. But if somebody does walk up and I shoot him or her a few times just because I get scared I will be thrown in jail. No questions asked. These police officers belong in prison.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

DeltaMD90

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:45 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 44):
Spend about 10 more years where you are (hopefully advancing)... you will not be able to avoid - nor escape situations of power and influence.

Stop speaking in absolutes. I've already said this guy most likely has legitimate gripes BUT I don't condone the way he's going about it (killing.) I've said it more than once. Honestly, it is your position too I believe, is it not? (1: He has legitimate gripes 2: killing that police officer is wrong)

What, the fact that he killed a police officer? Yeah I believe that's evil, don't you?

That's nice, if you google up all the police corruption probes since the starting point of your choosing...you'll see your hopes have no chance of fruition.

Yes, duh, corruption goes on, has since forever. Should I stop hoping that the injustices are corrected?

BMI727

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:28 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 43):
Exactly. This is a manifesto written by a very sick man. You cannot believe what is written in it, even if it raises some good points.

Timothy McVeigh was essentially a Tea Partier before there was a Tea Party. While some of his thoughts on taxation and government were right, that in no way justifies any of his actions or made him not insane.

And for that matter, why is it that surprising anymore that some members of police and armed forces are disturbed? Sure we do plenty to try and weed them out, but it just isn't ever going to be perfect.

Spend about 10 more years where you are (hopefully advancing)... you will not be able to avoid - nor escape situations of power and influence.

And the solution is not to go on a murder spree.

Your tin foil hat might be strapped on a bit too tight.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but the trajectory that has led us up to today on multiple social levels point to more gov't controls which in turn means more TSA like thinking 'everyone's a criminal until....' this may be the very subliminal thinking of some ardent gun supporters.

Isn't that the outward thinking of ardent gun control supporters?

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 45):
That's exactly the sort of reply I'd expect from someone living under your flag..

I wont bother trying to explaining what I meant by refreshing, you'll never understand anyway.

I wouldn't feel better about not having cops carry guns. I wouldn't feel worse about it either, except perhaps briefly if a news story involving a cop being killed pops up.

I have no fear of being shot by a police officer for the very simple reason that I don't give them any reason to shoot me.

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 45):
What ever happened to "identifying" your target BEFORE you open up and start firing like a mad idiots.
These officers should have the book shoved up there collective arses, and dismissed from the force.

The cops made a mistake and they'll be punished for it. It will cost the city millions too, I'm sure. That said, I can see how it happened. It's one thing to be in a potentially bad situation, it's another to be hunted. Being edgy is understandable but it will, rightfully, cost them.

On the plus side, the LAPD shot two innocent people by mistake and the city is not going up in flames. Congratulations LA! You are becoming civilized!
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

BN747

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 47):
(1: He has legitimate gripes 2: killing that police officer is wrong)

If he did, yes, the news tonight said 'allegedly'... this once, I'll prefer their phrasing.

What, the fact that he killed a police officer? Yeah I believe that's evil, don't you?

Evil? I don't know all 'the facts'... wrong? Yes.

Americans strongly believe in 'payback' and getting even..our own political actions underscore that point. Millions killed.
So if dead officer pulled an evil stunt on Dorner ..Dorner did actually kill him for it, at worse, I call Dorner wrong for taking the man's life, but me personally..I'd like to know that infact he did and why. But as I said about Ronnie Chasen's death, the police said 'suspect A' killed her, but no one locally buys that story for one hot second...so in this case, facts are needed...not just someone's 'say so'/

Yes, duh, corruption goes on, has since forever. Should I stop hoping that the injustices are corrected?

Let's just say I wish you had centuries of life remaining to see it thru...cuz you'll need it. Eliminate corruption and you can hit the 'FF' button... don't and infinity comes into play.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 48):

Your tin foil hat might be strapped on a bit too tight.

Like your jockstrap...

BN747

seb146

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:45 am

A disturbing quote from his manifesto

Did he go to his supervisors? Did he go to the state police board? Did he file any other grievences? Or, was this rampage his first step?
Life in the wall is a drag.

itsjustme

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 am

Admittedly, on 1st reports..I hated this guy with passion.

Then I read part of the manifesto

So you're condoning the killing of three people and severely injuring a fourth? Not to mention, one of those killed was a police officer. Are you f'ing insane? Don't bother answering. The question is rhetorical.

Was this guy wronged by the LAPD? Possibly. But the second he fired multiple rounds into Ms.Quan, her fiance', and three police officers, made that possibility moot.

[Edited 2013-02-08 21:23:55]

BN747

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:24 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 50):

A disturbing quote from his manifesto

Did he go to his supervisors? Did he go to the state police board? Did he file any other grievences? Or, was this rampage his first step?

Someone hasn't read the Manifesto..all your answers are there.

Quoting itsjustme (Reply 51):
Admittedly, on 1st reports..I hated this guy with passion.

Then I read part of the manifesto

So you're condoning the killing of three people and severely injuring a fourth?

Point out where I'm saying that...go ahead..

Quoting itsjustme (Reply 51):
Not to mention, one of those killed was a police officer. Are you f'ing insane? Don't bother answering. The question is rhetorical.

I'll just say this, YOU are expected to take the department line...period.

If you even think of venturing outside that line, any of your pals aware of your public posting on an internet forum could result in serious problems - none of us would want that.

BN747