CometII
Topic Author

Woman In Argentina Marries Killer Of Twin Sister

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:03 am

I usually don't post gossip news like this, but this one really struck me as "out there".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...iller-v-day-vows-article-1.1264063

And in fact, she did, after undergoing "psychological tests":

http://news.yahoo.com/argentine-woma...ns-convicted-killer-225911992.html

As expected her family was outraged and opposed the wedding, and so did the town, a community deep in Patagonia in the south of the country. One could surmise in such small towns the choices are limited, but really, what goes through women's heads sometimes? I'm not saying most women would get so twisted as this, but I've seen my fair share of bizarre choices.

As The Doc in Back to the Future said "Women are that other great mystery of the Universe"

aerdingus

RE: Woman In Argentina Marries Killer Of Twin Sister

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 am

Quoting CometII (Thread starter):
One could surmise in such small towns the choices are limited, but really, what goes through women's heads sometimes?

& what was going through the mind of the man who killed her sister?
2016: BHX GLA KIR LCY LGW MUC VIE BA EI FR LH OS A320 A321 ATR 42 ATR 72 B738 E190 E195

AR385

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 am

The thing is, once you know the background, the marriage is not that strange. Form what I´ve gathered from local souces, she was in on the sister´s murder because she was in love with the murderer. Not enough evidence to put her in jail, though, but there is some history to the newlywed couple.

CometII
Topic Author

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am

Murder and those that carry it through are a sad and inescapable part of our society. Any sane person cannot grasp what makes anyone take another person's life (especially one you supposedly care for), I can accept the inevitability of evil intent.

But marrying the convicted murdered of your TWIN? Even if you think the guy is innocent, why would you drag your family through such action? Talk about pouring salt to the wound.

aerdingus

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Quoting CometII (Reply 3):
But marrying the convicted murdered of your TWIN? Even if you think the guy is innocent, why would you drag your family through such action? Talk about pouring salt to the wound.

Yeah it´s effed up. They both obviously deserve each other.
2016: BHX GLA KIR LCY LGW MUC VIE BA EI FR LH OS A320 A321 ATR 42 ATR 72 B738 E190 E195

stratosphere

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Quoting aerdingus (Reply 4):
Yeah it´s effed up. They both obviously deserve each other.

No whats really F'd up is 13 years for an obvious murder 1 conviction.

CometII
Topic Author

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 am

Quoting stratosphere (Reply 5):
No whats really F'd up is 13 years for an obvious murder 1 conviction.

Point taken. But generally civil law sentencing seems very lenient in comparison to US law.

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):

The thing is, once you know the background, the marriage is not that strange. Form what I´ve gathered from local souces, she was in on the sister´s murder because she was in love with the murderer. Not enough evidence to put her in jail, though, but there is some history to the newlywed couple.

Isn't marrying the guy your own sister was with until she was killed enough circumstantial evidence of intellectual motive?? She was never put on trial right? Therefore can't this be considered "new evidence", so she could now be arrested?

Oh, and they did it on Valentine's day too. Nice touch.

AR385

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:42 am

Quoting CometII (Reply 6):
Isn't marrying the guy your own sister was with until she was killed enough circumstantial evidence of intellectual motive?? She was never put on trial right? Therefore can't this be considered "new evidence", so she could now be arrested?

I really do not know the justice system in Argentina. I´m not a lawyer in any case. However, suspicion is one thing, evidence another. As for marrying the guy being evidence, well, maybe she hated her sister. Maybe the authorities were too incompetent. It´s repugnant, morally, but no evidence was found to put her in jail. It of course does not mean she wasn´t in on it.