AF1624
Topic Author

So... I've Just Sold My First Motorbike

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 am

...and it didn't feel that horrible when I had sold my scooter before that.

I have lived so many great moments of my life with that thing. About 40.000 miles ridden in just three years. That Kawasaki Z750S was a thing of beauty, a truly remarkable machine, that just wanted to keep going, no matter what.

It's never, ever let me down. Not a single moment. I went to many countries with them, with highlights being Lake Como, and the Swiss alps, as well as few trips to England.

That bike had a mind of its own, and I find myself having a shared history... with a machine.

Now, before anyone starts posting pictures of "this is the room of those who care", the reason why I'm posting is this: surely, I can't be the only one here having created kind of a "relationship" with a moving vehicle? I'd be interested to read your stories.

My bike, that bike, will be sorely missed.

Cheers

AR385

RE: So... I've Just Sold My First Motorbike

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 am

Great. Congratulations. Now, on to bigger and greater things.

mham001

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:30 am

I had an 85 BMW K100 for over 100,000 miles that I felt the same way. Outlasted many girlfriends and one wife, hauled everything that could possibly be strapped to it including livestock and took me all over N America comfortably and quickly. Still miss that bike.

3DoorsDown

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 am

I had a '68 Camaro which I was fully restoring from the ground up. Over 7 years I went through 12000 dollars and 4 girlfriends. Every time one of them said it was me or the car, I told them; Well I'm not selling the car.  Wow! Finally on the 5th one, the car went away. My wife and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary last Saturday.  

panam330

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Why'd you sell it? Bigger bike? Car?

L0VE2FLY

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Quoting AF1624 (Thread starter):
About 40.000 miles ridden in just three years.

Wow...A Frenchman quoting the distance in miles only! Now that's a first for me.

Quoting AF1624 (Thread starter):
I can't be the only one here having created kind of a "relationship" with a moving vehicle? I'd be interested to read your stories.

Bikes are not my cup of tea, but I did form that kind of "relationship" with almost every car I bought.

AF1624
Topic Author

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 5):
Wow...A Frenchman quoting the distance in miles only! Now that's a first for me.

Let's say I also have kind of a love affair with the UK.
Cheers

idealstandard

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

Why did you sell it then?

sturmovik

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

I started riding on a 50cc moped, but have moved on to bigger (relatively speaking) things now. However, I still miss that moped. It made a hell of a racket to get up to its top speed of 60 kmph, had barely any brakes, and was rusting in parts. However, my friends and I have so many stories from our late teen years linked to that moped that we all miss it, and it pops up in conversations even now, a dozen years later. I was crestfallen when I returned home for xmas in 2007 after a brief stay in the US, and found that it had been sold by my dad for the equivalent of $20. I would've paid ten times that!
'What's it doing now?'