SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mindy McCready Apparent Suicide

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 am

Quoting CNN

Country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday at her home in Arkansas from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, the local sheriff's office said in a statement. She was 37.
Very young age to commit suicide, RIP
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

AR385

RE: Mindy McCready Apparent Suicide

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 am

She was young for sure. Too young to committ suicide? I don´t think that exists. It´s a terrible, terrible tragedy and my prayers go for her two children.

AF1624

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am

You have to be very courageous to self-inflict a gunshot wound. It doesn't look pretty at all.

RIP.
Cheers

QFA380

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am

Absolutely tragic for this to occur. I feel like suicide is one of those dirty things that society pushes under the rug; put in the too hard basket due to the myriad of causes and sheer impossibility of a cure. At least with cancer there's something to strive for; for crippling depression that leads to suicide, no drug will help and it so often happens to the most marginalised in society.

Quoting AF1624 (Reply 2):

You have to be very courageous to self-inflict a gunshot wound. It doesn't look pretty at all.

Courageous or depressed? When you're that depressed you'll do whatever.

ltbewr

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 pm

McCready had serious problems with drugs, a well publicised custody dispute as to one of children over the last 10 years and an ex- who died under unusual circumstances. Despite her serious problems, she had access to a gun. One has to suspect she had serious underlying issues with her mental and psychological health that probably led to her drug use and now taking her life. She had been a significant Country music star, especially among women, in the mid-1990's and recently had been touring. Now her children don't have their mother, a mother has lost her child.

usflyer msp

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 pm

I could not disagree with you more. Suicide is for the weak and selfish...the courageous thing to do is to deal with your problems.

May Ms. McReady rest in peace and I hope her family is not too traumatized.

jfk69

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:19 pm

She shot her dog as well....Screw her.

(let the flack begin)

connies4ever

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Who was Mindy McCready ? Never heard of her. Any suicide, though, is a tragedy on a family level.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

ajd1992

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Odd way to kill herself. Most females do it in a "clean" way so there's very little out of the ordinary, men usually are the ones to shotgun themselves to death or something like that.

Either way, killing her dog is just cruel. What did the dog ever do?

AF1624

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Quoting usflyer msp (Reply 5):
Suicide is for the weak and selfish...

There was a thread about just that topic recently on this forum, you should look it up.
Cheers

slider

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm

She was also linked romantically with Roger Clemens. It was a big to-do when he was doing his steroid testimony and all that...

Such a shame.

DFWHeavy

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 pm

First off, who cares that she killed a dog.. it's a dog and shouldn't even be discussed it's so unimportant.

Second, what makes this so sad is the fact that she has young children. They are the real losers in this. If someone doesn't have children, I don't really care what they do to themselves. But to leave your children in this manner is just unthinkable and beyond selfish.

I couldn't take my life because I would fear the ramifications as I stand before my creator. I hope she rests in peace since I know she has had a lot of issues, but a very selfish and detrimental act.
Christopher W Slovacek

L0VE2FLY

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Quoting jfk69 (Reply 6):

Maybe she loved her dog so much that she wanted it to be with her in the hereafter!

Quoting DFWHeavy (Reply 11):
First off, who cares that she killed a dog.. it's a dog and shouldn't even be discussed it's so unimportant.

A lot of folks care, killing animals is not okay except for food.

Maverick623

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Not to mention that if you do it wrong (and there's plenty of pictures and video showing it), you won't die. At least not right away.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

luckyone

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Quoting connies4ever (Reply 7):
Who was Mindy McCready ? Never heard of her. Any suicide, though, is a tragedy on a family level.

Youtube her. She was a very popular country music singer in the mid 1990's with several hits like "Ten Thousand Angels," Guys Do It All The Time," "Maybe He'll Notice Her Now," and "A Girl's Gotta Do What a Girl's Gotta Do." I remember when she came onto the scene. The chorus to her first hit song now is a bit more poignant, and morbid.

Lead me not into temptation
Heaven help me to be strong
I can fight all that I'm feeling
But I can't do it alone
Help me break this spell that I'm under
Guide my feet and hold me tight
I need ten thousand angels
Watching over me tonight

garnetpalmetto

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Is that you, Michael Vick?
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

idealstandard

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 am

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 8):
Either way, killing her dog is just cruel. What did the dog ever do?

Maybe she was concerned it would starve to death?

mad99

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am

Quoting idealstandard (Reply 16):
Maybe she was concerned it would starve to death?

Maybe she just wanted to check to see if the gun worked?

connies4ever

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Quoting luckyone (Reply 14):
Quoting connies4ever (Reply 7):

Youtube her. She was a very popular country music singer in the mid 1990's with several hits like "Ten Thousand Angels," Guys Do It All The Time," "Maybe He'll Notice Her Now," and "A Girl's Gotta Do What a Girl's Gotta Do."

Ah. Country. That would explain it. IMHO, country isn't music, it's just caterwauling. Grunge isn't music either, nor head banging. I don't pay any attention to any of it.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

MaverickM11

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

But to leave your children in this manner is just unthinkable and beyond selfish.

I don't think she had the mental wherewithal to make that calculation....those children are going to need all the help in the world and then some to turn out healthy though, but...

Quoting usflyer msp (Reply 5):
Suicide is for the weak and selfish...the courageous thing to do is to deal with your problems.

...if people just tell them to man up maybe they'll forget their two parents blew their brains out 
E pur si muove -Galileo

IMissPiedmont

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 am

Healthy and 37. Nope, there is no excuse. If it comes out that she was about to die a horrible death I could understand it. A little bullshit in life when you are still pretty much a child in many ways.... No, it's not right.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

yyz717

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:30 am

You have to be very courageous to self-inflict a gunshot wound.

Courageous? No, more like selfish or cowardly.

Quoting jfk69 (Reply 6):

I agree. Screw her for that. That makes me angry (the suicide, less so).

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 8):
Most females do it in a "clean" way so there's very little out of the ordinary, men usually are the ones to shotgun themselves to death or something like that.

Perhaps, but look at the absolute proliferation of guns in the US. You can't compare methods of American female suicide to other Western nations when the US is such an outlier with its crazy gun laws.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

3DoorsDown

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't think so. You have to be totally depressed and selfish knowing you are leaving two kids behind who have to live with the fact their mother blew her head off.

Quoting jfk69 (Reply 6):

Totally agree.

A lot of people DFW. Dogs usually don't deserve the cruelty that some of them get. Where as people quite often do things to themselves to bring it on. I feel sorry for the dog and kids. Not so much for Mindy.

Quoting garnetpalmetto (Reply 15):
Is that you, Michael Vick?

Certainly sounds like him.

DFWHeavy

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Right, I'm Michael Vick.

The point here is that people are more concerned with a dog than that of human.. things like this are totaling corrupting the human race.

I don't condone things Vick did; however, it is not wrong to kill animals. It's sad with everyone so concerned about an animal. People need to be more concerned with people and not give such a damn about a pet. It's sicking when people are so attached to their animals and call them "their babies" or "their family". Get over it. It's a an animal. I like animals, but we need to focus on the tragedy here and that is Mindy's children... not stupid dog.
Christopher W Slovacek

ArmitageShanks

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 am

Quoting connies4ever (Reply 18):
Grunge isn't music either, nor head banging. I don't pay any attention to any of it.

What year is this?

Great just to dismiss whole categories of music.

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 am

Quoting DFWHeavy (Reply 23):
but we need to focus on the tragedy here and that is Mindy's children... not stupid dog.

Implying you can't focus on 2 things at once? I don't think anyone here has more feels for the dog than the kids
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

PanHAM

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 25):
Implying you can't focus on 2 things at once? I don't think anyone here has more feels for the dog than the kids

as a matter of fact, the kids can be lucky that she shot only the dogs.