OA260
Topic Author

Ikea Meatballs Withdrawn Over Horse Meat Fears.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Breaking on Sky News IKEA has been the latest to be caught up in the horse meat scandal.

Ikea Meatballs Withdrawn Over Horsemeat Fears

A batch of meatballs has been taken off the menu at Ikea's UK stores after traces of horsemeat were discovered in the supply chain.

The Czech Republic's state veterinary administration - which made the discovery - said the 1kg packs of frozen meatballs were labelled as beef and pork.

Ikea said it had taken the result "seriously", and was removing meatballs from sale in countries across Europe.

The checks were carried out in response to a European-wide scandal that erupted last month when tests carried out in Ireland revealed some beef products also contained horsemeat.

http://news.sky.com/story/1056625/ik...lls-withdrawn-over-horsemeat-fears

It seems this is not going away anytime soon. I wonder how long before M&S and Sainsburys are effected. I actually was in IKEA last week and had them. No side effects so far  

sebolino

RE: Ikea Meatballs Withdrawn Over Horse Meat Fears.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Quoting OA260 (Thread starter):
It seems this is not going away anytime soon. I wonder how long before M&S and Sainsburys are effected. I actually was in IKEA last week and had them. No side effects so far  

I had IKEA meatballs last week also. I can feel my teeth growing now ...  

AeroWesty

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

I've found it astonishing that there is this much horsemeat to go around. It's popping up all over Europe.
International Homo of Mystery

sebolino

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 2):
It's popping up all over Europe.

It's called the mafia ... I really hope some heads will fall down now.

wingman

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm

IKEA does meatballs? It beggars belief that no one caught on earlier, once you saw the horse leg in the plastic baggie and then went through the instructions on assembling your meatball. I guess Europeans have been eating Seabiscuit for so long they can't tell the difference between a real filet and Kentucky Meatballs anymore.

GrahamHill

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Can't the consumer be careful for the meat he chooses? I mean, we're talking IKEA meatballs, so I guess the customer has cut the meat, mince it, spice it and roll it in balls himself, no?    

Edit: nooooo, wingman beat me to it! Damn! Big grin

[Edited 2013-02-25 06:21:24]
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

comorin

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 pm

I wish the Czechs would check this out more carefully. The rest of us, meanwhile, need to pronounce 'hors d'oeuvres' more carefully when ordering.

ANITIX87

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Honestly, I don't get the fuss. I understand the premise of advertising as beef/pork and using horse, but why the outrage? False advertising (in the name of money-saving) happens all over the world. Horse meat is delicious (one of my favorites) and other than its taboo nature in many countries, I'm certainly not going to stop eating Ikea meatballs (or Burger King in England).

Give me a horse steak and I'm a happy man, so this doesn't bother me.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

AeroWesty

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 8):
Honestly, I don't get the fuss.

I understood that the biggest fuss is that the horsemeat comes from unregulated animals, allowing all sorts of drugs not allowed into the human food chain to be consumed, not to mention the possible diseases present in the carcasses.

Aesma

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 2):
I've found it astonishing that there is this much horsemeat to go around. It's popping up all over Europe.

Well on top of European horses we also get North American ones so there is plenty. A new law banning horse-drawn carriages in Romania also sent many horses to the butcher.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

slider

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 pm

If Ikea meatballs have horsemeat, then show me where to sign up.

I don't care if it's Trigger or Black Beauty. Ikea's meatballs are the bomb. I WOULD KILL FOR THEM.

falstaff

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 9):
A new law banning horse-drawn carriages in Romania also sent many horses to the butcher.
Quoting sebolino (Reply 3):
It's called the mafia

What is the scrap value of a horse? I would imagine it is fairly low so when the slaughter house mixes the meat up with pork or beef he can make a excellent profit. I can see why crooked butchers would be all over this scam. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Fat Tony gets the school milk concession and uses rat milk.

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 7):
Give me a horse steak and I'm a happy man, so this doesn't bother me

I doubt it bother me either. I'd give it try if I saw it on a menu. I had caribou a few years ago. I never had it, saw it on a menu and tried it. I liked it too. I am sure I've eaten all kinds of stuff I didn't know about.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

AeroWesty

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 11):
What is the scrap value of a horse?

I read recently in one of the news stories that horsemeat of this calibre can sell for as little as 60¢ vs. $2.25 or so for beef (in U.S. dollars per pound).

JJJ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 12):

I read recently in one of the news stories that horsemeat of this calibre can sell for as little as 60¢ vs. $2.25 or so for beef

OTOH, horse meat bred specifically for meat (horse steaks, mostly) commands a much higher price than the equivalent beef.

Tugger

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:43 pm

So that's why the are so damned good!  
Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 8):
I understood that the biggest fuss is that the horsemeat comes from unregulated animals, allowing all sorts of drugs not allowed into the human food chain to be consumed, not to mention the possible diseases present in the carcasses.

Then just allow it a regulate it. Problem solved regarding the "horsemeat outrage". Of course it does not solve the issue of unregulated sources entering the food chain but in truth that is another issue entirely.

Tugg
(Edited to add "not" after does. I noticed it after zckls04's post but he interpreted my post correctly.)

[Edited 2013-02-25 09:20:35]
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

zckls04

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 14):
Then just allow it a regulate it. Problem solved regarding the "horsemeat outrage". Of course it does solve the issue of unregulated sources entering the food chain but in truth that is another issue entirely.

Tugg

Indeed. There could be tons of unregulated cows in all these products, but DNA testing wouldn't have revealed them.

Unless prices for supermarket burgers shoot up after this fiasco is done, you can probably assume there's still tons of unregulated meat in them. You simply can't make 16 burgers for 99p without cutting corners.
Four Granavox Turbines!

AeroWesty

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 15):
There could be tons of unregulated cows in all these products, but DNA testing wouldn't have revealed them.

Supposedly the meat is tested for non-allowed pharmaceuticals, which would/should show the presence of unacceptable beef. (Or am I overthinking this?)

DeltaMD90

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:45 pm

What exactly is the scandal? Is horsemeat of lower quality? I've only had horse once, in Switzerland, and it was delicious!
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

offloaded

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 pm

It's called the mafia

It's also called the EU. Free movement of goods means just that, so killed in Romania, exported to France, minced in Luxemburg, cheese added in Holland, packaged in Ireland, sold in the UK is entirely possible and legal. (The chain is legal, not labelling horse meat as beef I mean!)
To no one will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice - Magna Carta, 1215

wingman

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Sorry Graham.

I honestly don't see the problem with eating the meat, but I'm sure sales would take a bit of a hit if the "meatballs" were more accurately labeled as "horse-balls".

I personally have no interest in eating the stuff. For some reason I just see certain animals in this world as having earned the right, through either a millennia of dedication to mankind (e.g. horses and dogs) or sheer intelligence (whales and dolphins), not to be eaten by us.

That's a hell of a plight for those Romanian horses to have gone from a brutal existence towing wagons to being summarily butchered to end up in IKEA as something they never were...BEEF! Think of that final injustice, the complete lack of recognition and respect for what was no doubt a lifetime of hard knocks.

At least give the poor beasts their due. The package should've read "Tortured Romanian Horse Balls with Spaghetti".

falstaff

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm

You simply can't make 16 burgers for 99p without cutting corners.

16 for 99p??? Either those are some small burgers or some really low quality beef. There is dump (but great) diner near me that sells 6 burgers for $5 and they aren't very big.

Quoting wingman (Reply 19):
The package should've read "Tortured Romanian Horse Balls with Spaghetti".

I would buy that just for the label on the package.

Quoting JJJ (Reply 13):

OTOH, horse meat bred specifically for meat (horse steaks, mostly) commands a much higher price than the equivalent beef.

I would think so because the supply is smaller. That is also true of kangaroo meat.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 12):
horsemeat of this calibre can sell for as little as 60

So they must buy the horse for a lot less than that.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

bohica

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

This is what happens when the kitchen staff is horsing around with the recipe.

This will be nagging the executives for a long time.

Ikea's sweedish meatballs has a new brand name - Secretariat.

Tugger

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Quoting bohica (Reply 21):
Ikea's sweedish meatballs has a new brand name - Secretariat.

Wait, you're talking IKEA here, it would be "Sekritat"   

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

dc9northwest

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 9):
A new law banning horse-drawn carriages in Romania also sent many horses to the butcher.

That can't be the reason. Romanians don't respect silly EU imposed laws. Driving in the Balkans is nearly impossible with these things on the roadways.

But I've never heard of this law...

"Tortured Romanian Horse Balls with Spaghetti".

LOL.

For some reason I just see certain animals in this world as having earned the right, through either a millennia of dedication to mankind (e.g. horses and dogs) or sheer intelligence (whales and dolphins), not to be eaten by us.

Also, cat meat should be banned because you just don't eat your superiors.

Oh, but if these are Romanian horses, don't worry, they haven't eaten chemicals in their lives. No one has the money to fatten a horse by giving it hormones or what not. It's not like in the USA.

[Edited 2013-02-25 11:18:08]

zckls04

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 20):
16 for 99p??? Either those are some small burgers or some really low quality beef. There is dump (but great) diner near me that sells 6 burgers for $5 and they aren't very big.

Actually I made a mistake on that- it's only 8 burgers. So they are 12 and a half pence each. Still terrifyingly cheap.
Four Granavox Turbines!

rwessel

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 17):
What exactly is the scandal? Is horsemeat of lower quality? I've only had horse once, in Switzerland, and it was delicious!

Two problems: labeling, and the Europeans are rather stricter about that sort of thing than the U.S. is. And second, the horses in question are mostly not ones intended for human consumption, and some horses that are *definitely* unfit for human consumption *have* been included in ground "beef".

Real horsemeat, intended for human consumption, is rather more expensive than beef. That's one of the things that puzzled me when I first heard about this, and caused me to be a bit dismissive of the problem. Putting expensive horse into cheap beef just had to be an accident, right? And not one likely to be frequently repeated. But obviously that's not what's been happening.

Aesma

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 14):
Then just allow it a regulate it. Problem solved regarding the "horsemeat outrage". Of course it does not solve the issue of unregulated sources entering the food chain but in truth that is another issue entirely.

Well it's allowed and regulated. In fact horse meat has seen a boom since the beginning of the scandal here, horse butchers are very happy.

Quoting offloaded (Reply 18):
It's also called the EU. Free movement of goods means just that, so killed in Romania, exported to France, minced in Luxemburg, cheese added in Holland, packaged in Ireland, sold in the UK is entirely possible and legal. (The chain is legal, not labelling horse meat as beef I mean!)

You forgot the culprit, traded by a trader in Cyprus, a man already convicted for selling horse instead of beef !

Quoting dc9northwest (Reply 23):
That can't be the reason. Romanians don't respect silly EU imposed laws. Driving in the Balkans is nearly impossible with these things on the roadways.

But I've never heard of this law...

Well it was on the news here, they sent a crew there, they showed plenty of carriages still, and interviewed a man saying he couldn't afford a pickup to do what he was doing with his cheap horse. There was no mention of it being an EU law, in fact it sounded like the local government wanted it, to show the country is not backwards or something like that.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

dc9northwest

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 26):
Well it was on the news here, they sent a crew there, they showed plenty of carriages still, and interviewed a man saying he couldn't afford a pickup to do what he was doing with his cheap horse.

I wouldn't trust the news too much... What I can say is that the Romanian press says this is a 6 year old law that's selectively enforced at best (Romania entered the EU... 6 years ago, so I'm 95% sure it's because of the EU, even if not enforced/asked for by the EU).

I don't see why the butchering would start now.

TheCommodore

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Ikea said it had taken the result "seriously", and was removing meatballs from sale in countries across Europe.

Yeah right !

Suspicious brown balls in plastic packets, produced by a furniture maker, who uses cheap labor to produce its goods.

Very credible.         

Wouldn't touch them for all the tea in china.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

srbmod

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 pm

It's called the mafia ... I really hope some heads will fall down now.

I hear the Corleone family has some experience in that, just ask Jack Woltz.....

Quoting tugger (Reply 22):
Wait, you're talking IKEA here, it would be "Sekritat"

Needs some umlauts..... Sëkrität

Doona

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm sure sales would take a bit of a hit if the "meatballs" were more accurately labeled as "horse-balls"

Swedish meatballs generally contain both beef and pork, but we don't call them "cowandpigballs". "Meatballs" is still perfectly suitable, no matter what kind of meat they contain.

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 28):
Suspicious brown balls in plastic packets, produced by a furniture maker, who uses cheap labor to produce its goods.

Now now, IKEA don't produce the meatballs themselves. Like with many other IKEA products, they're made by a sub-contractor, in this case Swedish firm Familjen Dafgårds. Coincidentally, I just bought two kilos of frozen meatballs made by Familjen Dafgårds the other day. Dirt cheap, too (will probably be cheaper tomorrow, come to think of it, if they're still available).

Don't get me wrong though, I'll still eat them even though they might contain horse. Like most people on this planet, I can't afford to throw away decent food.

BTW, I drank blue soda last week. Blue. A kind of blue that you don't really see in nature. Can't imagine that the poor horse and whatever pharmaceuticals it may have contained is any worse for me than flourescent blue toxic sludge.  

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Stabilator

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

Are we talking about the IKEA that sells incredibly frustrating furniture here in the states? I was unaware of them hawking horseballs??  
So we beat on against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

zippyjet

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:00 am

Another reason why Ikea uses those strange hard to spell and pronounce Sweedish names for their goods both edible and the furniture. Isn't anything safe anymore? No thank you to horse meat. Amazing how governments are regulating everything in site but horse gets into the meat supply.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

AeroWesty

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 am

Quoting Stabilator (Reply 31):

Are we talking about the IKEA that sells incredibly frustrating furniture here in the states?

Yeppers. Both in the restaurant and frozen in the food hall by the exit.   

Don't forget the lingonberry preserves to go with 'em!

Quokkas

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 am

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 32):
Amazing how governments are regulating everything in site but horse gets into the meat supply.

There's the rub. It is one thing to pass a regulation. It's quite another to enforce it. In every country that you go to you here business whining about "red tape", "over-regulation", "too many restrictions", and "obstacles to business". On paper, yes. But in practice where are the inspectors? Are there too few or are they just looking the other way?

For example, Britain's Health and Safety Executive has lost over 18 per cent of its workforce in the last four years and a third fewer inspections took place in 2012 than the previous year. Overall, the agency's budget has been slashed by 14 per cent over the last three years, sparking fears that infectious outbreaks could become more commonplace.

Similarly, the The Farming Regulation Task Force reported to the UK Government in May 2011, recommending over 200 ways of reducing unnecessary “red tape” and reducing regulatory burdens on farmers and food processors. Now this is just one country. Take the universal calls for "austerity", "belt-tightening" and "cutting unnecessary waste" and it becomes inevitable that there will be less oversight and the opportunity for fraud will increase.
“Not to laugh, not to cry, not to hate, but understand.” Spinoza

dragon-wings

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 am

When did Ikea start selling food?? I had no idea Ikea sold food. I haven't been to Ikea in years and the last time I was there it was just furniture.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

ltbewr

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 am

Apparently this isn't a problem with the IKEA meatballs or any meat produce in the USA as horse butchering is very strictly limited here. In fact most horses sold for meat use are moved to Mexico or Canada to do so, most of the meat is used for dog or zoo animal food. More of a problem here is bad germs from improper butchering and proper processing.

When I think about it, now I realize why I had the 'trots' the next day after I had a dish of IKEA meatballs...

Aesma

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 am

The main problems isn't regulations it's the fact that it makes economic sense to have 5 or more intermediaries from the animal to the finished product. You'll never get that to work if each of them has to do DNA testing of the meat.

In fact France is pushing for a new regulation imposing the origin of the meat to be on the package. The belief is that French people will want French meat, and that the manufacturers won't want to deal with several countries of origin since that would mean several packagings, so the number of intermediaries and opportunities to cheat would get reduced as a result, without any cost for the regulators.

CXfirst

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 am

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 35):

When did Ikea start selling food?? I had no idea Ikea sold food. I haven't been to Ikea in years and the last time I was there it was just furniture.

Ikea is famous for its meatballs! One doesn't go there without getting a meatball lunch.

I'm actually having IKEA meatballs for dinner today, granted I'm in Australia and the meatballs here are produced here as well, so not affected by the European horse meat saga.

For the record, I'm not against eating horse, in fact horse can taste great, however, it worries me that the industry is no under-regulated that horse meat was being sold in large quantities all over Europe. If that happened so easily, then we are bound to be getting beef and other meat with pharmaceutical products that are not all too good for you.

-CXfirst

L-188

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Dragon wings.

Swedish Meatballs are to IKEA as Hot Dogs are to COSTCO.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

OA260
Topic Author

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Hopefully the meatballs will be back again  

GBP£20 for all this ! Bargain  http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/IKEAMEAL_zps8dd56449.jpg

zippyjet

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Quoting Quokkas (Reply 34):
Are there too few or are they just looking the other way?

Not all but many of these inspectors do it the government way, less i

Quoting L-188 (Reply 39):

And of course they got one of those funny (at least to me sounding names) like Lingle or Dingleberrydoppelganger.   
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

Revelation

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am

Somehow I read this as "Ikea's Balls Withdrawn Over Horsemeat Fears"!

I'm sure sales would take a bit of a hit if the "meatballs" were more accurately labeled as "horse-balls".

Quoting sebolino (Reply 1):
I had IKEA meatballs last week also. I can feel my teeth growing now ...

Ah, that's why the long face!
Inspiration, move me brightly!

ikramerica

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 am

Well in the us, even though they haven't found the horse, I have noticed they altered the texture of the meatballs so they are much finer, much easier to disguise ingredients. They taste different do I no longer get them.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

TheCommodore

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:44 am

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 43):
I have noticed they altered the texture of the meatballs so they are much finer, much easier to disguise ingredients. They taste different do I no longer get them.

I think I'd rather eat pure horse meat, than manufactured meatballs of dubious origin !

Have a look at the nutritional value of these things         

A whopping 350mg of Sodium and 65 mg of Fat, per serve of 6 balls.... Yuk.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Superfly

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 am

I was horsing around the new Ikea here in Bangkok last week and I ate one of these meatballs. It left my voice a little horse but I'm in stable condition.
Bring back the Concorde

andrej

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:46 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 45):

I was horsing around the new Ikea here in Bangkok last week and I ate one of these meatballs. It left my voice a little horse but I'm in stable condition.

zkojq

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Quoting dc9northwest (Reply 23):
Oh, but if these are Romanian horses, don't worry, they haven't eaten chemicals in their lives. No one has the money to fatten a horse by giving it hormones or what not. It's not like in the USA.

This is only half the problem. The other half of the problem is that the work-horses are very unlikely to have taken certain anti-biotics, and other medication that land-mammals farmed for human consumption get.

Here in New Zealand there are very strict regulation to ensure the quality of our beef as most of it is exported. The beef cattle at my parent's farm get checked several times during their life for diseases (most importantly TB which involves a skin test or a laboratory blood test), medication to kill any worms they might have, and various vaccines. At the meat-works (abattoir) the carcases get further tests including those to make-sure they haven't been given Growth Promotants. In the near impossible event of a sub-standard batch of beef being sent to market, the tracing system (NAIT) is sophisticated enough to link a bad on-shelf product to the exact animal, from which a basic medical and geographic history of the animal is available (eg what dates it received certain vaccines, what farm did it come from, to which abattoir did it make its final journey etc).

While horses will have different diseases and conditions that that they are susceptible to (and whose presence could present a danger to humans who eat them), the principle remains: there are certain standards of health checks that land-mammals (whether they be cattle, horses, pigs or whatever) have to meet throughout their lives in-order to be fit for consumption by humans. You don't want to be consuming meat from a farm animal whose health hasn't been checked/cared for to appropriate standards.

A quick google search tells me that working horses are often given a drug called phenylbutazone to relieve pain. This has potentially dangerous side-effects for humans which is why it is no longer used to treat arthritis (or gout) and is not allowed to be used on horses whose meat is intended for human consumption.

You simply can't make 16 burgers for 99p without cutting corners.

Quality costs, although here McDonalds and Burger King use decent quality (non imported) meat.

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 35):
When did Ikea start selling food?? I had no idea Ikea sold food.

That was my first thought.

Quoting Aesma (Reply 37):
In fact France is pushing for a new regulation imposing the origin of the meat to be on the package.

A very good idea, don't see why it should be limited to meat. Consumers have a right to know where their food originates from.
First to fly the 787-9 with Air New Zealand and ZK-NZE (2014-10-09, NZ103)

sebolino

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Quoting zkojq (Reply 47):
Quoting Aesma (Reply 37):
In fact France is pushing for a new regulation imposing the origin of the meat to be on the package.

A very good idea, don't see why it should be limited to meat. Consumers have a right to know where their food originates from.

I fail to see what it would change. The meat was advertised as beef and it was horse ... You can write what you want on the package, it won't stop crooks to put something else instead.  

[Edited 2013-02-28 06:14:52]

nitrohelper

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm

When it comes to eating horse meat, most in the US. say naaahy...