LAXintl
Topic Author

Judge Halves Apple $$ From Samsung; New Trial

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Samsung scored a big victory with California judge voiding struck nearly half of the $1 billion in damages awarded to Apple in its patent lawsuit against Samsung and called for a new trial to set revised damage amounts for the affected portions of the judgment.

Judge found the jury had erred on its damage calculations for the 14 affected Samsung products, and that a new trial must be held to determine what the damages should be for those devices as the court cannot make the adjustments it deems necessary itself.

The new trial covering the 14 Samsung devices would likely not be heard until other appeals of the original ruling have also played out, meaning it would likely be some time before any revised damages are decided.

Story:
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/03/01/...w-trial-to-settle-revised-damages/

=
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Revelation

RE: Judge Halves Apple $$ From Samsung; New Trial

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Sure to ruin some people's days! 
Inspiration, move me brightly!

zckls04

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Hilarious looking at some of the replies on that forum. People take this stuff so personally!
Four Granavox Turbines!

Tugger

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 pm

I have said for a long time that this is not done, that the verdict was not final and the fine was not "real" at this (that) point in time.

But even now, this is not done. There is a long time still to go before anything is firm on this suit.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner