cmf
Topic Author

House Across WBC Turned Into Lgbt Tribute

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 am

"By the end of today, the inhabitants of the Westboro Baptist Church compound in Topeka, Kansas, should have a new view out their windows, just past their FAG MARRIAGE DOOMS NATIONS sign: a new gay-rights center across the street, painted in brilliant rainbow colors, with a pride flag flying from a 30-foot flagpole."

[url=http://gawker.com/5991291/the-house-across-from-westboro-baptist-is-getting-a-rainbow-pride-paint-job-right-now?utm_source=lifehacker.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculationgawker[/url]

This must drive WBC crazy. Perfect response.
Don’t repeat earlier generations mistakes. Learn history for a better future.

DeltaMD90

RE: House Across WBC Turned Into Lgbt Tribute

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 am

Quoting cmf (Thread starter):
This must drive WBC crazy.

See, that's the thing about the WBC, I don't think this drives them crazy at all. They really aren't trying to convert people (as far as I know) they just want to spread what they think is the true word of God. I honestly think they're thinking "well, guess they're going to hell for going against God's people (the WBC), whatever."

They are sick people, best thing anyone can do is ignore them... that way we'll notice them less and it won't bother us as much
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

Revelation

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Quoting cmf (Thread starter):
[url=http://gawker.com/5991291/the-house-across-from-westboro-baptist-is-getting-a-rainbow-pride-paint-job-right-now?utm_source=lifehacker.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculationgawker[/url]

Try http://tinyurl.com/d287oju which points to the above..

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 1):
I honestly think they're thinking "well, guess they're going to hell for going against God's people (the WBC), whatever."

Probably correct. They have an answer for everything. We're sinners, the rest of the world is sinners, but worse sinners than us. When a member caught diddling a minor, s/he too is a sinner but needs/gets forgiveness.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Zentraedi

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Why would it drive them crazy? Those people want more attention.

jetblueguy22

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 am

People just need to ignore them. Doing stuff like this and getting their organization in the news is exactly what they want. The only time I've ever given them any notice is when they were going to protest the Sandy Hook funeral. My brother and I went there with loaded fists. Luckily they never showed... They're a group of cowards and we should just ignore them.
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club