mke717spotter
Topic Author

Why Does My Asus Laptop Keep Getting Blue Screens?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 am

I've had my Asus UL80J laptop (Windows 7) since August 2010 and I don't know why or how to explain it, but I tend to get the BSOD whenever I'm away from the house using WIFI. So for example, when I'm at home I have it on my desk plugged in with an ethernet cable and I've almost never had any problems. However, when I take my laptop to class and use WIFI I get all sorts of issues. Just today, I got two blue screens and then the third time it just flat out froze!!! Usually the error listed on the blue screen is "system service exception", but there have been others as well. These are some other problems I've been having:

1.) Sometimes my WIFI totally shuts off, and the only way to fix it is to run the Windows trouble shooter to "Turn on wireless accessibility." Usually this works but other times I need to do a total restart.

2.) When I start my computer up sometimes it takes like 10-15 minutes for the Internet to start working after I log on to my account. For example, I'll click on the FireFox icon on my desktop but it doesn't start, and while Internet Explorer does open up, its just a blank screen and the page doesn't load.

3.) I've also noticed often times that the fan/hard drive from inside the laptop seems to working pretty hard from the noise that it gives off.

Does anyone have any any idea what the problem might be or how I should go about trying to get this fixed?

[Edited 2013-03-27 18:39:39]
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

StarAC17

RE: Why Does My Asus Laptop Keep Getting Blue Screens?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 am

Quoting mke717spotter (Thread starter):
I've had my Asus UL80J laptop (Windows 7) since August 2010 and I don't know why or how to explain it, but I tend to get the BSOD whenever I'm away from the house using WIFI. So for example, when I'm at home I have it on my desk plugged in with an ethernet cable and I've almost never had any problems.

Do you typically have it connected by ethernet cable when home?

If yes then it sounds like a hardware issue, perhaps a driver issue.

Next time you get a BSOD determine what the error is, as it will tell you then google it to get more information.

With Wifi adaptors internal on all laptops its hard to simply take it out and check it but turn it off for a bit and disable the driver in the device manager and if the BSOD and slow loading go away that is the likely suspect.

You can fix this by getting a USB wireless adapter.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

kstateinALB

RE: Why Does My Asus Laptop Keep Getting Blue Screens?

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm

I had that same exact problem last year when I bought a new ASUS laptop. The day after I purchased it, I started getting blue screens when taking it to class. I got so fed up with it that I returned it at my Best Buy to get another of the same model. Same thing happened the next day. Made my decision easier, I was done with that company. Bought a Sony laptop, and haven't had any problems since then.

It was a frustrating experience, to say the least.
ALB, DTW, ORD, MDW, MCI, JFK, LGA, LHR, MAD, MSP, IAD, DCA, MCO, ATL, CVG, TUL, MHK, PHL, PIT, DFW, DAL, CLT, IND, AUS,

chapau

Re: Why Does My Asus Laptop Keep Getting Blue Screens?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:29 am

I am Having memory_management problem in my PC

salttee

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 pm

As Star suggested you could try a USB wireless adapter. Or you can put a new wireless card in your machine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-ASUS-UL ... SwvzRXzT3f

I doubt that you"ll get any useful information from the BSOD message.
Is it running on battery when you're out and about?
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

chapau

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:42 am

Here’s the mail I got recently for my problem
Yeah, well.... This is a week old computer and I have been getting the system service exception constantly.... it is definitely related to Internet because that's when it happens... no idea what is causing it but it is continual. Hope Microsoft figures this out.... seems I'm not the only one... I am an IT manager so not an idiot when it comes to the computer.

Or otherwise try this: http://www.deskdecode.com/system-service-exception-0x0000003b/

dtw2hyd

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:54 am

Now that you are still on Win7, you may not have latest WiFi device drivers. One option is to manually download and install latest drivers.

While you are connected to wired network uninstall wireless device.
Device Manager -> Network Adaptors -> <your wireless device> Right Click and select Uninstall.
Click Action (next to File on top menu) -> Scan for hardware changes.
This should bring back your device. You have to add your wireless network again.

If you are comfortable replacing internal WiFi card, which is very simple in most cases, you can get an upgraded 802.11AC card for $15-$20 on Amazon/ebay you will see tremendous boost (assuming your WiFi [router] is 802.11AC)

BartSimpson

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:21 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Now that you are still on Win7...

Guys, some guy revived this thread to post something completely useless information but the original post dates 4 years back! The ASUS laptop in question is most cetainly dead by now or reanimated with WIN10.

I assume that the original poster has already forgotten his problem...