klm672
Topic Author

How To Deal With Call Center Job With High Volume

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi,

I am almost a year in at this call center job. Excellent company, crappy job. High volume of calls which stress me out. On top of that, the company has a slogan and advertising campaign which is really unrealistic and impossible ("we can help you today!" but really we're scheduling out months in some cases), but yet we have to answer the phone like that and know darn well that is NOT the case. I figured out that I can "ignore" calls and sometimes getting calls back to back to back, I just need a breather! I know that's not the right thing and I know eventually management will see that my "missed calls" stats are creeping up, so I'd rather not do it. I know call center jobs suck and its just a foot in the door, but how can I deal with getting pounded with call after call on top of callers that say "wait, it says on your tv ad/radio etc that I can get help today, but I need to wait 2 months to see XYZ person"-- (the small print on this is we CAN help you today, but you have to be willing to travel to ANY of our 28 locations, so you might be driving over an hour vs the location down the street from you).

Aesma

RE: How To Deal With Call Center Job With High Volume

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Cocaine.

Seriously, when I was a student several friends of mine worked in such jobs as you could get hours that allowed to attend university, and they all said that one colleague was selling drugs to the others !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

dc9northwest

RE: How To Deal With Call Center Job With High Volume

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 1):
Cocaine.

Seriously, when I was a student several friends of mine worked in such jobs as you could get hours that allowed to attend university, and they all said that one colleague was selling drugs to the others !

Sounds like Wall Street to me. Just without the money.