HT
Topic Author

A.net Meetings Summer 2013

Tue May 21, 2013 5:52 pm

While I had been away from this forum (and the website in general) ...: Did I miss any threads for planning of any A.net Meetings during summer 2013 ?

Of course I eye-scanned the older threads in this forum from the last 2-3 months but I found nothing.

The usual suspects:
MAN (summer)
ZRH
LHR (and TGM, of course)

The regular places, but not annually:
AMS
FRA

Places that had A.net meetings (incomplete):
PRG
Kiev (KBP / IEV)
CPH
BCN (airshow Festa al Cel is scheduled for 28/29-SEP-2013)
MAD
Berlin (TXL / SXF)

Other places in Europe to consider:
HEL
OSL
WAW
MLA
HAM
DUS

Any other ideas and/or planning going on ?
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

nighthawk

RE: A.net Meetings Summer 2013

Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 am

Quoting HT (Thread starter):
Did I miss any threads for planning of any A.net Meetings during summer 2013 ?

nope... even the annual manchester meet hasn't been mentioned yet. This community is dead nowadays...

flyingturtle

Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

I could organize a little one in BSL, presumably in August, September or October.

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

PHX787

Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm

If anyone wants to I can definitely organize one here in Japan. Best times are end of July through September (summer vacation in Japan)

There's a few museums we can visit and I can try to get an airport tour scheduled through my friend who works at NRT but that is not guaranteed.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

HT
Topic Author

Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Okay, I see.
So here is what I am aware of:

FRA Saturday, 10-AUG-2013.
Dedicated to spotting at runway 07L/25R.

MAN - see below.

Quoting nighthawk (Reply 1):
even the annual manchester meet hasn't been mentioned yet.

The annual summer MAN meeting is scheduled for the weekend of 29/30-JUN-2013.

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 2):
I could organize a little one in BSL, presumably in August, September or October.

Sounds like an alternative to ZRH.

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 3):
If anyone wants to I can definitely organize one here in Japan. Best times are end of July through September (summer vacation in Japan)

Very tempting, but I won't be able to join (at least this year). Sorry.

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

flyingturtle

Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 4):
Sounds like an alternative to ZRH.

If we'd get access to Jet Aviations' hangars, it would be fantastic. They are doing maintenance and interior decoration for a big lot of private customers.

Once, I've seen an a 340 there which was recently bought by somebody at the Persian Gulf...

But traffic-wise? The best we'd get is U2, FR, LX, BA, KL, LH... nothing bigger than 320s. The freight 747s or the 330s from Air Transat, though, are rare.

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

airtrainer

Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Quoting nighthawk (Reply 1):
nope... even the annual manchester meet hasn't been mentioned yet. This community is dead nowadays...

You're probably right here, but another problem that has been mentioned many times before is the fact that many of us actually don't read the non-av forum.

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 2):
I could organize a little one in BSL, presumably in August, September or October

I'm planning on a trip to BSL later this year but it will be on a weekday. Ok, not really for plane spotting as I'm thinking about visiting the car museum in Mulhouse...

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 3):

There's a few museums we can visit and I can try to get an airport tour scheduled through my friend who works at NRT but that is not guaranteed

Really tempting indeed, especially with an airport tour ! There was a meet planned in Tokyo in march 2011, a few of us (including HT and myself) were about to go but of course it had to be cancelled due to the sad event that happened.

Quoting HT (Thread starter):

PRG, ZRH, MAN, BCN are amazing places indeed ! I remember some promissing discussions about holding meets in CCS, ZAG and more recently in BRU but as Nighthawk said there's maybe no more interest nowadays...
Life is short : eat dessert first !

PHX787

Sat May 25, 2013 4:05 am

Quoting airtrainer (Reply 6):
Really tempting indeed, especially with an airport tour ! There was a meet planned in Tokyo in march 2011, a few of us (including HT and myself) were about to go but of course it had to be cancelled due to the sad event that happened.
Quoting HT (Reply 4):
Very tempting, but I won't be able to join (at least this year). Sorry.

I should point out the airport tour is not a guarantee, but it's something i can probably try to convince my friends who work there to let us do. The Japanese are extremely receptive to aviation photographers 

In terms of your attendance, well I guess I am open most of the summer, except for the middle and end of the month of August. I have finals at the end of July too    But I guess I can attempt to have something like this every summer from now on, if there's interest  
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

neutrino

Sat May 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Has any A.net meet happened in Asia yet?
Its good of PHX volunteering to organize one in the Land of the Rising Sun. I'll throw in my support if its more towards the end of the year.
Also, how about Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia? Possible kickstarters are Superfly and Devilfish and Mandala respectively.
Singapore during the Airshow from February 11 to 16 next year could be a possibility.
Any volunteer here? Someone who is current in the aviation scene.
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis