GIANCAVIA

Possible Beheading On London Street

Wed May 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Its breaking news.

Some are saying he was hacked to death others that he was beheaded in the street.

2 Men with machete/meat cleavers attacked a guy in a "help the heroes" shirt, Possibly military man.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ce-shooting-machete_n_3319793.html

flyingthe757

RE: Possible Beheading On London Street

Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

They certainly are not mentioning a beheading on UK news sites!!!!! The dead man is said to be a serving solider.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Quoting flyingthe757 (Reply 1):
They certainly are not mentioning a beheading on UK news sites!!!!! The dead man is said to be a serving solider.

Indeed, It was the huffington post headline though so I went with that, Also on twitter people in the area claiming he was beheaded.

An MP apparently said the guy was in the Military..

This is way f***ed up.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm

The lastest seems to be that a soldier from the Barracks has been murdered by 2 Males who were shouting "we've had enough and requested people on buses to film them". The victim is white in his early twenties the perps Black in their late twenties.

What in the flying.... No words.

[Edited 2013-05-22 09:06:35]

A320ajm

Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

I think if these reports are true then it should be dealt with as a terrorist incident. This is a shocking and heinous crime. Attacking an off duty soldier is a crime against the state.

RIP  

A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

seansasLCY

Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 pm

It has been confirmed that police are treating it as a terrorist attack. A COBRA meeting has been called by the Home Secretary.

A320ajm

Wed May 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Update according to BBC News twitter: COBRA has been called by the Home Sec and Sky News are reporting it is a terrorist incident.
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Quoting seansasLCY (Reply 5):
It has been confirmed that police are treating it as a terrorist attack. A COBRA meeting has been called by the Home Secretary.

Oh christ this is going to turn into chaos I can see it.

A320ajm

Wed May 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 7):
Oh christ this is going to turn into chaos I can see it.

I hope we don't have riots all over again  

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Quoting A320ajm (Reply 8):
I hope we don't have riots all over again

Less likely riots, more of radical groups attacking each other or innocent people.

"Attackers shouted Allahu Akbar"
"Tried to film the attack"
"Terrorist Attack"

flyingthe757

Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 9):

From one news site, they tried to get people on the bus (you see a red double decker in the aerial footage) to film them attacking the people.

Disgusting!!!

Luftfahrer

Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 pm

First the riots in the suburbs of Stockholm, now a gruesome crime in London. What a turbulent week for the 'civilized' Western Europe. I hope it doesn't spread across the continent, bearing in mind the ongoing economic and social problems that we have here...

[Edited 2013-05-22 10:15:30]
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 11):
First the riots in the suburbs of Stockholm, now a gruesome crime in London. What a turbulent week for the 'civilized' Western Europe. I hope it doesn't spread across the continent, bearing in mind the ongoing economic and social problems that we have here...

It's already spread, The problem is nobody will combat it with proper force and sentences. Instead you get bleeding heart apologists making these psychos stronger and stronger. Things need to change, Terrorists can not get away with hacking a soldier to death on the streets of London in broad daylight. Sick of all this crap...

AeroWesty

Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 pm

CNN: Off-duty British soldier run down by car on the street outside barracks, occupants got out to beat the soldier and attack him with machetes, while asking passersby to photograph the incident. Attackers were shot during the incident and are now in hospital.

Blimey.
International Homo of Mystery

OA260

Wed May 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Sadly this was waiting to happen. With the rise of Islamic extremists in the UK they have often caused disruption at the ceremonies for dead soldiers coming back from the ME and openly preached hate against the troops. This is not acceptable IMHO.

When you walk on some of London's streets these days you can often go into areas that are hot beds for these extremists and they live freely in the full knowledge of the Muslim community. Something needs to change drastically and the Muslim community in the UK need to act to show they are against all types of Islamic extremism. For too long its been a softly softly approach with plenty in these communities turning a blind eye.

Gingersnap

Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 14):
and the Muslim community in the UK need to act

That is often said time and time again though. They don't act, and apologies if this offends anyone...

Maybe it's time we acted for them. This can't go on.
Flown on: A306 A319/20/21 A332 B732/3/4/5/7/8 B742/4 B752 B762/3 B772/W C152 E195 F70/100 MD-82 Q400

RussianJet

Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 12):
It's already spread, The problem is nobody will combat it with proper force and sentences. Instead you get bleeding heart apologists making these psychos stronger and stronger. Things need to change, Terrorists can not get away with hacking a soldier to death on the streets of London in broad daylight. Sick of all this crap...

I absolutely agree with you. My very first thought too was that enough is enough. I hope some serious clamping-down takes place. This is utterly intolerable.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 6:10 pm

The filthy bas**** who did it have thick london urban accents, No doubt they grew up here from a young age.. He just sits there talking to a camera like its a joke after hacking a man to death. I cant quite believe the video ... I'm gobsmacked.

OA260

Wed May 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Quoting gingersnap (Reply 15):
That is often said time and time again though. They don't act, and apologies if this offends anyone...

Indeed. All this starts in the Mosques and Islamic schools attatched to them. Its a sad sign when these people are allowed to preach hate and be protected by Muslim communities in the UK. Its very worrying and emergency powers need to be brought in if need be. No softly softly approach. If you are found to have knowledge of these people within your community and dont report it then it should mean jail time and if a non British Citizen automatic deportation. All this of course goes back to the 80's and 90's where they were encouraged to live in ghettos and not integrate with British society. It was always going to come back and haunt the country.

jsnww81

Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Quoting gingersnap (Reply 15):

This makes me beyond furious.

Let human garbage flow unchecked into your country for 20 years, hand out passports like candy, and allow hate preachers to proliferate with no accountability, and things like this are bound to happen. The Western European Muslim "community" and its refusal to look at itself critically need to be treated as tacit approval of actions like this one. Every time certain members of this "community" feel slighted, entire housing estates erupt into flames (this week it's Stockholm, next week it will be somewher else), followed by government officials bending over backward to apologize for the rioters and demanding that the native population (who were never asked if they wanted any newcomers in their countries) be more accommodating. Everyone is so terrified of being labeled "intolerant" that they stick their heads in the sand and let their native cultures and values slip away little by little.

Every time something like this happens in Europe, I keep hoping it will be the final straw that jolts the native population into doing something about it. RIP to the victim - the next few decades are going to be very difficult for Western Europe, if this is any indication.

TupolevTu154

Wed May 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 17):
The filthy bas**** who did it have thick london urban accents, No doubt they grew up here from a young age.. He just sits there talking to a camera like its a joke after hacking a man to death. I cant quite believe the video ... I'm gobsmacked.

Here's the aformentioned video;

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...ed-hands-speaks-at-woolwich-scene/

I bet he's never even been to his "land", let alone lived there. Doesn't look like any sort of organised terrorism to me, just a couple of guys looking to hack people up and claim to be more than they are.

RussianJet

Wed May 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 18):
If you are found to have knowledge of these people within your community and dont report it then it should mean jail time and if a non British Citizen automatic deportation.

Our country has not even been able to forcibly deport a known radical terrorist leader after about a hundred rounds in the courts. Qatada is only going to leave now because he's had enough and is going voluntarily! We stand virtually no chance with the foot soldiers. It's pathetic.

OA260

Wed May 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Quoting jsnww81 (Reply 19):
Let human garbage flow unchecked into your country for 20 years, hand out passports like candy, and allow hate preachers to proliferate with no accountability, and things like this are bound to happen. The Western European Muslim "community" and its refusal to look at itself critically need to be treated as tacit approval of actions like this one.

Pretty much explains what happened sadly.

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 21):
Our country has not even been able to forcibly deport a known radical terrorist leader after about a hundred rounds in the courts. Qatada is only going to leave now because he's had enough and is going voluntarily! We stand virtually no chance with the foot soldiers. It's pathetic.

Indeed the British government should have brought in emergency anti terror laws to over ride the EU, no wonder people are voting for UKIP ! Which is very dangerous and I dont agree with. Maybe this will change things but I doubt it.

Dano1977

Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Quoting TupolevTu154 (Reply 20):
Here's the aformentioned video;

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...ed-hands-speaks-at-woolwich-scene/

I bet he's never even been to his "land", let alone lived there. Doesn't look like any sort of organised terrorism to me, just a couple of guys looking to hack people up and claim to be more than they are.

Perhaps a caveat, that this video is pretty awful and has graphic content.

I've watched the video, and it has left me stunned, shocked and angry.
Children should only be allowed on aircraft if 1. Muzzled and heavily sedated 2. Go as freight

FCAFLYBOY

Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 pm

This makes me sick to my stomach. These men are truly the lowest possible life form. The government needs to act NOW or there while be terrible repercussions I can just feel it.

I'm in London some 4 miles away from where this terrible tragedy took place, and the shock and tension in the air is palpable. It's frightening to think this tool place in broad daylight.

I have the upmost respect for all nationalities and those that genuinely need asylum in the UK, those that live here legally but follow multiple faiths, religions and from all nationalities and walks of life, but this HAS to end and we must close our doors whilst its sorted out.

Those that do not respect freedom, safety , security or the hospitality of GREAT Britain have no place here, plain and simple. If you choose to segregate yourself and support extremism and hate, please take it to where it belongs, not on our shores and spilling the blood of our people.

I have even more respect for the Doctors and Nurses treating these sick B*stards - I hope they pour acid in their gunshot wounds and leave them to rot. Despicable and shocking, these men deserve to die a slow painful death, and if that makes me as bad as them for saying it, I just don't care.

MD11Engineer

Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 22):
Indeed the British government should have brought in emergency anti terror laws to over ride the EU, no wonder people are voting for UKIP ! Which is very dangerous and I dont agree with. Maybe this will change things but I doubt it.

It has nothing to do with the EU or even the ECHR, but everything with the British interpretation of these rules. AFAIK Abu Qatada lost all lawsuits in the ECHR, which ruled that it was ok to deport him, but the British government didn´t act on these verdicts. Do you think us or the French let those bastards stay here? The former "Caliph of Cologne" got deprted to Turkey where he was wanted for trying to bomb the parliament and government within hours after he lost his last trial with the German courts and is now serving a long term in a Turkish prison.
You government needs to grow some balls, and I´m sure everybody on the continent will support you.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Kiwirob

Wed May 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Pretty weak terror attempt, only one victim, I doubt this caused much if any terror to anyone other than the victim. It's not a nice incident but hardly anything worse than any other street murder.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 26):
Pretty weak terror attempt, only one victim, I doubt this caused much if any terror to anyone other than the victim. It's not a nice incident but hardly anything worse than any other street murder.

What a cretin. I am sure nobody was terrorised by 2 men hacking a guy to death in front of their eyes. Never read anything so stupid in my life.

How many died in Boston? Since when was the number of casualties what made it a terror attack. Just wow.. whatever.

[Edited 2013-05-22 12:51:19]

RussianJet

Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm

but hardly anything worse than any other street murder.

That depends on whether the supposed motive is correct. This is not merely a comparison of the physical act. In any case, even if just considering the attack in physical terms, even in London it is NOT normal to see someone hacked to death in broad daylight like this. People are justifiably shocked and appalled.

DeltaMD90

Wed May 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 27):

While I think what he said was worded kind of bluntly, I see what he's saying and am relieved that the attacks seem to have gotten less potent over the years. We had 9/11 and the UK had that terrible subway bombing years ago but today the attacks are much smaller scale and by and large are being perpetrated by individuals and very small groups

Still terrible and RIP to the victim

And to those saying that we should "act now" and "do something," what do yall mean? It's an honest question, I don't really know the laws in European countries too well or how you guys handle these cases, so I'm not sure if I'm hearing knee jerk, potentially extreme measures or if the laws are stupidly worded/enforced and there is a real problem
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

OA260

Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Never read anything so stupid in my life.

Oh I have you just have not read his posts often enough  

So no terror was caused to the school kids watching or the people that tried to help the victim. Nor the people seeing the Men with hands/weapons covered in blood. Those kind of things are everyday common place. Hmmmm

GDB

Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 12):

I get your anger, though what your saying is not backed up by any facts.
British jails now have a substantial population of Islamist extremists convicted of plotting attacks, serving minimum sentences of up to 40 years, many with 20-25 years minimums. That's no hope of even being considered for parole before that period is up. That's a long time to keep out of any trouble in a place full of violent criminals. For plotting not getting to carry out their plans.

These two manics, have been shot by police, injured and are now is hospital/captivity. A murder like this, they'll very likely get indeterminate sentences, essentially many decades, quite possibly full life terms.
There's a reason why despite falling general levels of crime over many years, the UK prison population has never been higher, it's the lengths of sentences keeping the numbers high.

Though judging the the actions of today, not only did they carry out this appalling crime, they hung around, ranted to people's cameras, did not try to escape when the police arrived.
So they might also be judged insane and banged up forever that way.

This does not seem to be any kind of orchestrated attack planned by others, beyond these shores or not.
No bombs, no 'martyrdom', I'll bet these two just went and did it.
That's not proved at the moment, just seems likely.
Starting by crashing their car into the victim before setting about him with a variety of weapons. One of shot suspects was seriously injured, the cops were not shooting to wound.

[Edited 2013-05-22 13:26:03]

Luftfahrer

Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Let human garbage flow unchecked into your country for 20 years

It becomes even worse when you see who they don't let enter the country on the other hand...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7885918.stm
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

OA260

Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 32):
It becomes even worse when you see who they don't let enter the country on the other hand...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7885918.stm

Anyone who incites hatred should be banned so he was rightfully banned.

Dano1977

Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 29):
And to those saying that we should "act now" and "do something," what do yall mean? It's an honest question, I don't really know the laws in European countries too well or how you guys handle these cases, so I'm not sure if I'm hearing knee jerk, potentially extreme measures or if the laws are stupidly worded/enforced and there is a real problem

Put it this way...

The attackers will probably get....

1. A lawyer paid for by legal aid (Public defender)

2. A high profile tree hugging fluffy human rights lawyer - on pro bono work

3. A high profile criminal defence lawyer who will look for maximum press coverage and "stick it" to the police.

4. They really are dumb as a box of rocks and defend themselves.

I would like to see these attackers swing from the gallows - But current human right laws I believe forbid execution.

No doubt, these attackers, who I admit are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law (Although that video is pretty damming evidence).
They will get some fluffy lawyer (paid for by the UK Taxpayer) who will claim mental insanity or broken childhood, religious persecution or some other human fluffy rights. No doubt, the judge will be left hamstrung by what he can do in the sentencing, and these attackers, if found guilty will be in some cushy prison hospital laughing at the system
Children should only be allowed on aircraft if 1. Muzzled and heavily sedated 2. Go as freight

GDB

Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

This makes me beyond furious.

Let human garbage flow unchecked into your country for 20 years, hand out passports like candy, and allow hate preachers to proliferate with no accountability, and things like this are bound to happen. The Western European Muslim "community" and its refusal to look at itself critically need to be treated as tacit approval of actions like this one. Every time certain members of this "community" feel slighted, entire housing estates erupt into flames (this week it's Stockholm, next week it will be somewher else), followed by government officials bending over backward to apologize for the rioters and demanding that the native population (who were never asked if they wanted any newcomers in their countries) be more accommodating. Everyone is so terrified of being labeled "intolerant" that they stick their heads in the sand and let their native cultures and values slip away little by little.

Every time something like this happens in Europe, I keep hoping it will be the final straw that jolts the native population into doing something about it. RIP to the victim - the next few decades are going to be very difficult for Western Europe, if this is any indication.

The facts are though, in the UK at least, is that the 7/7 bombers, most of those the many now in prison for plotting attacks, were born and brought up in the UK,

Several Muslim groups have condemned this, as they have other attacks, what they are or can do, about extremists in their midst, is another matter.
Always remember one thing, terrorism cannot win military victories as we understand them. They can ferment discord amongst societies however.
If we allow them.

In our previous experience of terrorism, from the IRA, their terrorists operating here did not mingle amongst pockets of the large Irish population here. While partly it was due to concerns that they might already be under investigation by the security services, it was also that they didn't think they'd find those prepared to harbour them.

In the 1970's, after some truly evil no warning bombings of pubs in the UK, the police, under huge political and public pressure, picked up members of the settled Irish community, who were later cleared of the attacks they were jailed for. In those days, with the emotions the attacks had stirred, they had confessions beaten out of them.

This is why knee jerk reactions should be avoided, hard with the level of provocation sometimes true, it's another way of falling into the trap the terrorists seek to create.

All those extremists we've locked up in the past few years, there are plenty of them too, had their plans foiled by good, solid, patient detective and intelligence work.
Which likely saved many lives. By preventing attacks.

Breaking- It seems one of the attackers today, was shot after he posed a threat to an armed female police officer.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm

https://twitter.com/NicoHines/status/337308932882182144/photo/1

And so it begins, EDL rioters in woolwich. Police line forming.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 35):
Breaking- It seems one of the attackers today, was shot after he posed a threat to an armed female police officer.

She shot them both as they ran at her. They waited 20 minutes for armed police to turn up.

WestJet747

Quoting TupolevTu154 (Reply 20):
Here's the aformentioned video

Wow...well that's easily the most awful thing I've seen this week...

I have no idea what he's going on about "my land", he sounds like he's never even been outside of London.   

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 21):

I don't intend to offend any Brits here, but after reading up on the Qatada case not too long ago, it sounds like your judiciary is lacking some testicular fortitude.

What a cretin. I am sure nobody was terrorised by 2 men hacking a guy to death in front of their eyes. Never read anything so stupid in my life.

How many died in Boston? Since when was the number of casualties what made it a terror attack. Just wow.. whatever.

Giancavia, while I appreciate your anger over this shocking event, jumping to conclusions isn't going to benefit the dialogue whatsoever. Keep in mind that what separates terrorism from other crimes is the motive, typically of political nature. Only when interviewed by police will we know why this maniac did what he did. If it turns out he's just off his meds and went berserk, then it certainly is not terrorism. We have to be careful to not spread the definition of terrorism too thin, because then we risk diluting the meaning of what true terrorism is.

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 32):

Ha! Geert Wilders is hardly a saint. He's entitled to all the free speech he wants in his home country. If the UK doesn't want him spreading his poison in their country, then that's their prerogative, and I agree with them. I don't want foreigners coming to my country and spreading hate in the public forum like Wilders has made a career of doing.

Quoting Dano1977 (Reply 34):
Put it this way...

If the attackers are citizens, is that not their right?

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 36):
And so it begins, EDL rioters in woolwich.

I'd be arresting these EDL supporters before they get a chance to wreak too much havoc. They aren't any better than the Islamists...
Flying refined.

Kiwirob

I witnessed a drive by shooting in London outside the Willesden Green tube station in 1997, the victim went through a plate glass window, I was shocked not terrorised. I don't see this as much different, sure it is shocking but I still don't think it's instilling terror in the masses.

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 28):
People are justifiably shocked and appalled.

Exactly shocked and appalled, not terrorised, the term is being used to loosely these days, IMO.

GDB

Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

No doubt, these attackers, who I admit are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law (Although that video is pretty damming evidence).
They will get some fluffy lawyer (paid for by the UK Taxpayer) who will claim mental insanity or broken childhood, religious persecution or some other human fluffy rights. No doubt, the judge will be left hamstrung by what he can do in the sentencing, and these attackers, if found guilty will be in some cushy prison hospital laughing at the system

As already stated and easy to check, the reality of those convicted of plotting attacks has not been anything like that.
These two today, will be different in that they are alive, (though one of them might not survive the gun shot wounds from the police, the 7/7 bombers of course blew themselves up.

Today we seem to have seen 'homicidal exhibitionists', it's like they wanted to get caught or shot by the police.

Terrible as today has been, of 31 credible plots in the UK over 10 years, only one, 7/7, has been successful.
I don't see too much 'bleeding hearts' from the authorities in going after and when convicted, the lengths of the sentences handed down. I don't who their lawyers were, who paid, they did not do them any good.
Four of them failed because of faulty bomb making, many of those now locked up were not too bright.
Though today IS a form of terrorism, it's not like the other attempts and 7/7.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 38):
I'd be arresting these EDL supporters before they get a chance to wreak too much havoc. They aren't any better than the Islamists...

We dont disagree, They are extremists from the other direction and complete tools.

romeobravo

Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Whatever the motives that is truly appalling and has left me feeling pretty disturbed and emotionally numb.   

I hope these people never experience freedom again.

GDB

Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Quoting RomeoBravo (Reply 42):
hope these people never experience freedom again.

Her Majesties Prisons await, likely for the rest of their lives.
Or the secure facility for the criminally insane, Broadmoor, for the rest of their lives.

And once convicted, properly, in a court of law, hopefully forgotten about, by everyone including the media.

WestJet747

Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 39):
the term is being used to loosely these days

Agreed. That's another negative outcome of 9/11: anytime anything big and terrible happens, everybody's mind jumps immediately to "terrorism". Until they get this scum awake and interrogated, we won't know if it's terrorism or not. Could easily just be a mentally ill man who snapped.

Quoting GDB (Reply 40):
Though today IS a form of terrorism, it's not like the other attempts and 7/7.

Again, I wouldn't be so hasty in labeling it as terrorism. The video is damning, but there is always more to the story.

Same goes with the Boston bombings. Of course they turned out to be terrorists, but people were labeling them as such simply from the methodology of the attack before we even had a full understanding of who the perps were or what their motivations were.

Now I'm just sitting here and waiting for all the conspiracy theorists to get online and claim this was a false flag operation  
Quoting GDB (Reply 43):
Or the secure facility for the criminally insane, Broadmoor, for the rest of their lives.

Sounds likely. Anybody who picks a guy on the street, runs him over, then hacks him to death, all in broad daylight hardly has his wits about him.

Either way, once proven guilty, throw away the key.
Flying refined.

GIANCAVIA

Wed May 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 44):
Either way, once proven guilty, throw away the key.

Here in lies the problem, The sentence will be miserly and worthless. The british courts dont back up the police with hefty punishments. Wouldn't be surprised to see them out after 6 or 7 years on some BS human rights condition.

oly720man

Wed May 22, 2013 9:23 pm

who will claim mental insanity or broken childhood, religious persecution or some other human fluffy rights

Unemployed, taken over by the dark side /crackpot islamic preacher who spouts everything they want to hear about why their lives are so crap - it's the whites who rule and need to be knocked off the top, the whites oppressing their (new) islamic brothers (and sisters) in Afghanistan, how the UK needs islamic laws to see the light, etc, etc, so go and kill a soldier in a brutal fashion and "spread the message".

And they didn't really do it, they were brainwashed.

There aren't enough bullets, volts & chemicals and hell ain't hot enough for those two.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

falstaff

Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 35):
The facts are though, in the UK at least, is that the 7/7 bombers, most of those the many now in prison for plotting attacks, were born and brought up in the UK,

I wonder if these people consider themselves UK citizens? I'm sure they do when their backs are up against the wall, but do they see themselves as something else first UK citizen second. I have seen that kind of thing with some Islamic high school students, I have worked with. They are born and bred US citizens, but continue to see themselves as wherever the parents/grand parents have come from. Some will even tell you they were born outside of the USA, but when you look at their enrollment records they were born no more than 10 miles from where they live today.

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 37):
They waited 20 minutes for armed police to turn up.

That is terrible. No sworn police officer should ever have to wait for armed police officers. All police officers should carry a gun.

2. A high profile tree hugging fluffy human rights lawyer - on pro bono work

3. A high profile criminal defence lawyer who will look for maximum press coverage and "stick it" to the police.

4. They really are dumb as a box of rocks and defend themselves.

Your forgot something.... They will also get a lot of left wing idiots, who love to bash the UK because of it history of colonizing various places in the world, cheering them on.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

romeobravo

Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 47):
That is terrible. No sworn police officer should ever have to wait for armed police officers. All police officers should carry a gun.

Problem with that is criminals are no longer going to turn up to a gun party with a knife. They're going to bring a gun themselves.

The police in this country are actually against being armed.

Kiwirob

Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 47):
They are born and bred US citizens

They might be born US citizens but the breeding is something else.