PHX787
Topic Author

Japan Upper House Election, 2013

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Time for Japanese to come out in throngs (sarcasm) to the polls!!!

With latest opinion surveys showing Abe's Liberal Democratic Party set for a gigantic sweep over the DPJ, we will see both houses of the Japanese Diet united for the first time in around 6 years.

As much as I am a little critical of the LDP, I say it's good riddance to the DPJ. They've done nothing but whine since Abe took office.

Abe has been the first guy in a LONG time who has actually done something positive about the 20 year old recession Japan is in, and as long as Abe keeps making improvements and as long as Japanese are happy, we can expect the Japanese economy to make a nice recovery very soon.

The party I support, Minna no To ("Your Party,") is also going to most likely gain some seats. I've actually helped with some of their campaign and I've received some positive reviews from my Japanese friends.

I've also seen a lot of campaigns encouraging more young to vote- One particular candidate has had 2 dance parties in Shibuya encouraging people to get excited about voting (he's a young and famous actor here) and a second group in Hiroshima held a similar dance party encouraging people to vote. Good signs.

I set a goal for my friends here- 66% turnout! Sounds kinda low, but the Tokyo Prefectural elections were only about 40%.

Thoughts?
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

AeroWesty

RE: Japan Upper House Election, 2013

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 pm

I like it when they break out into fistfights in the Diet. Great television.   
International Homo of Mystery