FlyingSicilian
Topic Author

KKK & Naacp Meet In Wyoming Under Heavy Security

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 am

"In a possible first and under heavy security, KKK and NAACP meet in Casper"

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...d-04e9-5765-a05b-1d6297d25073.html

"Hoods off: When the Ku Klux Klan sat down with the NAACP

After a series of attacks on black men, an unlikely summit held in a Wyoming hotel ends with the Klansman applying to join the civil rights organisation"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-down-with-the-naacp-8797034.html

Both longer articles but interesting reads on this meeting.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

vikkyvik

RE: KKK & Naacp Meet In Wyoming Under Heavy Security

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 pm

After reading the first article, sounds like nothing much was gained from the meeting.

Suppose that's not surprising, though.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Superfly

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 1):
After reading the first article, sounds like nothing much was gained from the meeting.

Suppose that's not surprising, though.

Two useless organizations meet up.
The NAACP was once a great organization that has reduced it's self to a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party meeting up with the United States oldest terrorist organization. Can't see anything positive coming out of this.
Bring back the Concorde

DocLightning

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:00 pm

The interview I read with the KKK leader was almost like satire. He actually said he was in the KKK mostly for the secret handshakes and the costumes and the cross lightings.

I had to go back to the top of the article to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

steeler83

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 3):
I had to go back to the top of the article to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion.

Or the Nat'l Enquirer for that matter!

Superfly does have a point though, but I'm not sure of what to expect to come out of this -- besides "not good."
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

FlyingSicilian
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 4):
Or the Nat'l Enquirer for that matter!

Superfly does have a point though, but I'm not sure of what to expect to come out of this -- besides "not good."

Dialogue is always better than violence, isn't that what people always say? and are saying about Syria for example.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"