almehairiauh
Topic Author

Foetus In A Bin At Sharjah Airport

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 am

The five to six-month-old male foetus was found wrapped in tissue paper in a transit hotel bathroom on Sunday by a cleaner.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/cr...ah-international-airport-1.1229195

Marco

RE: Foetus In A Bin At Sharjah Airport

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 am

That's awful   God rest the baby's soul.

I didn't know that there was a transit hotel inside SHJ airport...
Proud to be an Assyrian!

opethfan

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:01 am

Very sadly this is what can happen when there are stigmas and barriers to women getting the kind of health care and support they need to deal with pregnancy, childbirth and raising a family. Legislating or enforcing a brand of morality, or sweeping issues under the rug will never be effective and will only ever cause more harm to everyone involved.

That said, I don't see how this topic could ever remain on a topic suitable for an aviation forum, and will probably descend quite rapidly into unpleasantness if not locked soon. While it happened in an airport, this is a social health regard, not an aviation one.

opethfan

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:02 am

Very sadly this is what can happen when there are stigmas and barriers to women getting the kind of health care and support they need to deal with pregnancy, childbirth and raising a family. Legislating or enforcing a brand of morality, or sweeping issues under the rug will never be effective and will only ever cause more harm to everyone involved.

That said, I don't see how this topic could ever remain on a topic suitable for an aviation forum, and will probably descend quite rapidly into unpleasantness if not locked soon. While it happened in an airport, this is a social health regard, not an aviation one.

Kiwirob

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm surprised someone managed to have a baby in a toilet without anyone hearing the commotion and wandering in to have a look. Having is baby isn't normally a quiet experience.

romeobravo

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Makes you wonder how many foetuses they don't find in bins.