EA CO AS
Topic Author

"Burn Notice" Series Finale - What Did You Think?

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:12 am

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1162784/thumbs/o-BURN-NOTICE-FINAL-SEASON-KEY-ART-900.jpg?6

After seven seasons, former CIA agent Michael Westen and the gang wrapped up their series last night. As one of my favorite shows of all time, I was deeply concerned that the series finale would leave me disappointed.

From my perspective, I truly believe this was one of the finest series finales ever televised, and the writers, cast and crew should be congratulated on a job well-done.   

Thoughts on this? And will the "Breaking Bad" series finale live up to the same lofty expectations of "Burn Notice" ?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

bill142

RE: "Burn Notice" Series Finale - What Did You Think?

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:32 am

I said to someone a few weeks ago it would end the way it did. It wasn't quite as dramatic as I was expecting.

AC_B777

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:33 pm

First off, my wife and I are disappointed the show has ended. We loved watching it from the first episode!

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 1):
It wasn't quite as dramatic as I was expecting.

Yeah, same here. You could almost predict what the outcome would be. We knew someone would die, just didn't expect it to be Mama Weston!
Glad that Michael and Fiona got away and that they kept Charlie.
A truly great show with an awesome cast...gonna miss them!
In life, some days you are the bug..... some days you are the windshield!

N1120A

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 am

People actually watched this? Ever see the SNL sketch?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Moose135

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 3):
People actually watched this?

Every episode for 7 seasons...

Ever see the SNL sketch?

Haven't watched SNL regularly in ages - they're just not very funny anymore.

This last season had become something of a train wreck, focusing on the big bad guys and not on the classic BN formula of helping those who need help. That said, the finale wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it left me wanting.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

soon7x7

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Bring back Miami Vice!

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Quoting moose135 (Reply 4):
Quoting N1120A (Reply 3):People actually watched this?

Same here!

Ever see the SNL sketch?

That would mean actually watching SNL, which hasn't been watchable in decades.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

sccutler

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:33 am

This whole season, I have had to scream, "Sharks!" at the screen during every episode.

As in, "You just jumped the..."

Finale was... Meh. Ok, I guess.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Alias1024

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 am

It was ok. Not great. In the end very predictable, including which character would die. She'd been miserable ever since Nate was killed. Happily ever after just didn't make sense with her character, even if Michael and Fiona were still in Miami.

This last season was tough for me to keep interest in at times. It wasn't fun, like the show had been in past seasons. It tried to show Michael losing his principles, but it all came off very flat when I've been watching Breaking Bad too.

Off topic, but they might as well go ahead and just FedEx all the Emmy awards to the cast of Breaking Bad after that last episode. Wow!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

airportugal310

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 am

I guess the question here is: did he find out who "burned" him? And/or did he get "un-burned"?
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

dtw2hyd

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 pm

He is a unique character, through out he goes thru great lengths to save innocent people, but cannot save his brother and mother.

zkojq

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
From my perspective, I truly believe this was one of the finest series finales ever televised, and the writers, cast and crew should be congratulated on a job well-done.   

Thoughts on this?

The finale was very well done. I thought that either it would be Michael and Charley who died, leaving Madeline alone and very depressed or that Michael would have been driven completely crazy and gone permanently over to the 'dark side'. I also expected him to become much more sadistic.

I note that the ending left room for some kind of spin off featuring Sam (and maybe Jessie). Although I generally dislike spinoffs, I think this could actually work since Sam is such a dynamic character (obviously my favorite).

In general I think the last few seasons haven't been as good as the first ones. Each episode was much too focused on Michael's activities with the CIA and had little time for the smaller stories. In the first few seasons nearly every episode mainly consisted of smaller, more personal, stories (the team tries to help someone by fixing an injustice) aswell as some underlying plot that ties it all together. In the last season particularly, the program was far too Michael centric. And we never learned much at all about James and Sonya's organisation other than that it is powerful, well financed, not a fan of the CIA and supposedly evil/bad.

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
As one of my favorite shows of all time
Quoting moose135 (Reply 4):

Very sad that its over.
First to fly the 787-9 (ZK-NZE, NZ103, 2014-10-09)