stratosphere
Topic Author

White man tortured accused of Trump supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 am

Umm How many of you here would consider this a hate crime? If it were reversed you can bet your ass it would be.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-0 ... cial-media

Francoflier

Re: White man tortured accused of Trump supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 am

It is a hate crime.

These 4 morons deserve to rot in jail.

Anybody who's that passionate about politics that they decide it's reason enough to hurt other people deserves to live in North Korea for a little while to remind them the price of peace and democracy.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 am

That's what you get when you unleash divisive politics on an immature populace.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

cpd

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 am

Any other news sources too?

If you assault someone, you deserve to do the time for it, simple as that. Doesn't matter what the motivation is - the crime is the same.

Now you are seeing the problems of what your media has done stirring up political hatred and divisive politics. Congrats on a job well done to them. Maybe there will be a civil war sometime soon?

Calder

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Clickbait.
C. T.

lugie

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Of course it was a hate crime if their sole motivation for the assault was the fact that he voted Trump and regardless if that's true or not it's a horrible abuse the young man had to suffer.

Apart from that, shitty job on the news source you picked there. Normally those 4 would be described as "suspects" or "perpetrators" and not thugs. That and the idiotic stab at Obama towards the end clearly show that the site is pushing an agenda...
Q400 E175 CRJ9 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI LA
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT

afcjets

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:12 pm

cpd wrote:
If you assault someone, you deserve to do the time for it, simple as that. Doesn't matter what the motivation is - the crime is the same.

Now you are seeing the problems of what your media has done stirring up political hatred and divisive politics. Congrats on a job well done to them. Maybe there will be a civil war sometime soon?

It's not that simple in the US and the motivation does matter if it is determined to be a hate crime. The penalties for hate crimes are usually more intense.
Last edited by afcjets on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvjin

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm

There seems to be growing anti-white sentiment in many countries, especially in USA and South Africa. Wouldn't surprise me if some time in the future we'll see actual genocide against whites in some part of the world.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

BestWestern

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Stop trolling re genocide.

Yes, this is a hate crime - either that or an elaborate hoax.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

mham001

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 pm

BestWestern wrote:

The black Chicago police chief said it was just dumb kids being dumb kids.

This is the America Obama has fostered. This is the "racial harmony" that his election was said to instigate. Instead we got Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, black Attorney Generals who never saw a white on black crime that did not need federal civil rights investigations. Chicago - Obama's America.

Tugger

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 pm

mham001 wrote:
Chicago - Obama's America.

Actually no, America is Obama's America. Just like it is for Trump. You are part of it too. I continue to be annoyed at people who try to segregate things, we are stronger united so I wish people would first acknowledge themselves that they are part of it. The stupid crap of "He's(She's) not MY President!" is silly at the least, bad for the nation at worst (in my opinion).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

mham001

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Actually no, America is Obama's America.

If that were true, American voters would not have so decisively voted against the direction he has been leading.

Calder

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:37 pm

lol, POTUS is the leader of the entire country.

Democrat, or Republican.

For the next ~14 days President Obama is the leader of the country. In 15 days President Trump will be the leader of the country.

The ENTIRE country.

Also, can somebody find another source for the event this article is describing? Because I haven't found one, and until I do, I'm going to assume it's fake.
C. T.

mham001

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Calder wrote:
Also, can somebody find another source for the event this article is describing? Because I haven't found one, and until I do, I'm going to assume it's fake.

Oh crap, another troll. If you had any kind of true intellectual curiosity, you would find it everywhere, it is the top story on Google News.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... n-facebook

BTW, a "leader" is only a leader to those who follow.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:09 pm

It's going to be a heck of ride next 8 years.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

mham001

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:20 pm

It was a heck of a ride the last 8 years.

falstaff

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:44 pm

mham001 wrote:

Its really a lot more than that, but on the surface he was right. Those were kids being dumb.

pvjin wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if some time in the future we'll see actual genocide against whites in some part of the world.

Back in the 1990s wasn't that going on against white farmers in Zimbabwe?

pvjin wrote:
There seems to be growing anti-white sentiment in many countries, especially in USA and South Africa

I've seen in going on in the US for a couple of decades it is often stirred up by white people themselves. I remember back in university I had a history professor who was a white woman bad mouth white people all the time. She went as far to say that the US was the aggressor against the Japanese in WWII. When I asked her Japan's attack on China told me we didn't have time to discuss it. To her all minorities could do no wrong and the white man was the root of all evil.

cpd wrote:

I agree... I remember when that Matthew Sheppard kid was killed and all kinds of people were saying how awful it was and we needed more tolerance to gays. I was always thinking that it would be just as terrible if he was not gay. Murdering people is wrong regardless of who or what they are.

Last year I was in two grad classes with a black woman who is a teacher in Detroit Public Schools. She is also a retired City of Detroit Police Officer. The classes were at University of Detroit Mercy and had a range of young people, who were not educators yet, to seasoned professionals, like myself and this woman. The classes were small and there was a lot of discussion. This woman brought a unique view of the urban world to the class. Rarely do you meet somebody who has worked both sides of the street with young people. During one class period she brought up how that it is young black people that need diversity training the most. She said that very few white students grow up without contact with black people and other minorities. She said you are hard you would be hard pressed to find a school with no blacks or minorities of any type. But it is easy to find a school with no white students and no white staff members. There are many students who never have contact with a white person, or even with other minority groups. Thousands of Detroit kids have never been out of Detroit. They have prejudices in them that have never had a chance to be disproven.

The more I listed to this woman talk I agreed with her because it brought back memories of when I was teaching in Detroit and I was the only white face in the classroom. We had no white people in the school and the few Hispanics and Arabs we had in the school were bullied so badly they dropped out or went to another school. I remember one year we took some 11th grade students to a water park for a job well don on a competition. There were kids that were afraid to go because there would be white people there. I spoke with one girl who was crying on the bus because she was afraid white people who beat her up. I told her that there was no way that would happen and nobody would say anything to her. A lot of the kids had never left Detroit before and we were only traveling to the Detroit suburbs. Thirty kids went on the trip and all 30 at so much fun they didn't want to leave. The black girl who was afraid of white people met two white girls there and they couldn't stop talking. It was a great day...

Another time another teacher and I took six 12th graders to competition in Lansing, Michigan. None of those boys had been out of Detroit before. They were amazed by the open spaces between Detroit and Lansing. They were amazed by the cows and farm fields we saw. To those boys we were taking them to another planet. They were worried they would be the only black people there. We assured them this was a statewide competition that there would be teens from all over the state and that there would be teens of all kinds there. They were freaked out, but eased into it and by the end of the day they didn't want to go home. On the way home we took back roads and stopped at some fences so they could see some horses, pigs and cows.

On the flip side of that I now teach in suburban Detroit school that is mostly white, but has some blacks, south Asians and Hispanics. Those students don't feel any kind of fear to go to Detroit for an event like a concert or sports event. I have taken students to various events in Detroit and never once have heard a white student worry about black people being there. Form my observation there is far more intolerance among black youth than white youth. When it comes to adults I really don't know, but because I work with teens everyday I get to know them.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

DiamondFlyer

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 pm

mham001 wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

This is the America Obama has fostered. This is the "racial harmony" that his election was said to instigate. Instead we got Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, black Attorney Generals who never saw a white on black crime that did not need federal civil rights investigations. Chicago - Obama's America.

You can bet that if the colors of those involved were the opposite, the terrorist organization known as BLM would be burning Chicago to the ground. But remember, you can't be racist towards white people... Obama sowed his seeds, he should have to go live in Chiraq, he might survive 3 days without his protection detail.
From my cold, dead hands

SoJo

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 pm

A simple question for the Americans on here. Why do you twist so many threads around and turn it into a political debate? This was a hate crime. Drunken blacks picking on a white male with learning difficulties. What will they get up to when they get older?

Suddenly, Brexit doesn't seem so bad.
RAF Abingdon 1967. I met Beverley from Blackburn. Fantastic!

akiss20

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:47 pm

mham001 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

If that were true, American voters would not have so decisively voted against the direction he has been leading.

A 3 million popular vote/2 point deficit is a decisive victory now?

We can't know what the election would have been like without the Electoral College in place, but given the information we have, you have little to base your statement on.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

akiss20

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 pm

mham001 wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

And in Trump's America we have neo-Nazis sieg heil-ing in Washington DC. Representing race relations by single events is intellectually dishonest. You need aggregate data to make any kind of statement.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

Calder

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 pm

mham001 wrote:
Calder wrote:

Oh crap, another troll. If you had any kind of true intellectual curiosity, you would find it everywhere, it is the top story on Google News.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... n-facebook

BTW, a "leader" is only a leader to those who follow.

Look at that, a few reputable news sites have picked it up. I think it's fair to give it some credence now.

Lol at the trolling thing. I'd say posting an incendiary topic with one questionable source backing up the claim is trolling, but hey, that's just me.

As for curiosity, I checked Reuters, BBC, AP, and The Economist this morning less than an hour after this thread was posted. The article did not exist on any of those websites at the time. I guess the real journalists were actually gathering information, and due to their integrity had to wait a little while before they were able to post their stories.

And in this country the leader is elected.

You know what they call a leader with no followers? Just a guy out talking a walk.
C. T.

Tugger

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm

mham001 wrote:
It was a heck of a ride the last 8 years.

Yeah an interesting eight years:

14.4 million jobs added.
Unemployment at 4.9%, down from 10%.
Economy growing about 2% a year.
Stocks at record highs
Home prices recovered from crash lows.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Kiwirob

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm

mham001 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

That's a bullshit answer and you know it. By popular vote Hillary won, in a landslide, the general public were clearly happy with the direction America was heading, the fact that your electoral system doesn't reflect this is the problem.

Kiwirob

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

SoJo wrote:
A simple question for the Americans on here. Why do you twist so many threads around and turn it into a political debate? This was a hate crime. Drunken blacks picking on a white male with learning difficulties. What will they get up to when they get older?

Suddenly, Brexit doesn't seem so bad.

With a little luck those idiots will spend a good few years behind bars. Picking on a mentally disabled person is appalling and unforgivable.

D L X

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm

This thread is a winner.

Tugger

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:31 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Umm How many of you here would consider this a hate crime? If it were reversed you can bet your ass it would be.

And it has been charged as a hate crime.

So what is the issue you are trying to raise?

Tugg

Dreadnought

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

That's a bullshit answer and you know it. By popular vote Hillary won, in a landslide, the general public were clearly happy with the direction America was heading, the fact that your electoral system doesn't reflect this is the problem.

Actually, the Democrats hold only 30% of the state governorships and state legislatures, and have minorities in the Senate and House. HRC's performance against Trump was the highlight of the Democrat party, and she only did that because there were millions of "NeverTrumpers" who, for the most part, did not even vote (a few voted 3rd party but most know it's pointless). If you look at all the elections nationwide, the country is definitely swinging to the right, after 8 years.

Both candidates had flaws, although very different ones. A decent (mostly harmless) Democratic candidate like Joe Biden might have won against Trump by 20-30 percentage points, while a Rubio might have creamed HRC by a similar margin.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

OA412

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
If you look at all the elections nationwide, the country is definitely swinging to the right, after 8 years.

Not it's not. The country looks the way it does because of gerrymandering. The country is absolutely moving to the left, which is why the GOP has to resort to voter suppression and gerrymandering, cuz there ain't no way they can win without those tactics.
D L X wrote:

This thread is a winner.

This! The embarrassing degree to which so many in this country lack self-awareness and critical thinking skills isn't even shocking anymore.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

falstaff

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 pm

akiss20 wrote:
And in Trump's America we have neo-Nazis sieg heil-ing in Washington DC

I have not seen that.... I haven't even heard about it. On occasion I hear about the KKK having a rally someplace. They usually have 12 people or less and hundreds protesting against them. The last time I hear about near where I lived was 10 years ago, or there abouts, in Toledo, Ohio.

Tugger wrote:

Not everywhere. I'd be lucky to get 40K for my house. I owe 70K and I paid 93K. My neighborhood has not recovered much.

Tugger wrote:
Stocks at record highs

Back in the Bush era those on the left said that wasn't an indicator of prosperity. I guess that was because a Republican was in office. If the market is good under a Democrat I guess makes it a good thing.

Kiwirob wrote:
By popular vote Hillary won, in a landslide, the general public were clearly happy with the direction America was heading, the fact that your electoral system doesn't reflect this is the problem.

The general population of California. If you removed that state Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote. As a Michigan voter I don't want one State deciding who my president is. A lot of Michigan voters feel that way, regardless of party. Without the electorial college no candidate would take Michigan seriously. They would spend their time in New York, Florida and California. Because of the system we have both Hillary and Trump campaigned in Michigan until the last day before the election.

Dreadnought wrote:
A decent (mostly harmless) Democratic candidate like Joe Biden might have won against Trump by 20-30 percentage points

That is true for sure. I know several Democrats that didn't vote Hillary and voted third party because they distrusted her so much. She also was not popular with younger voters the way Bernie was. Bernie hurt Hillary because he campaigned hard against her and a lot of people turned against her in the election. I know a few people who were Trump voters, but voted for Bernie in the Primary. Bernie won Michigan's primary. I wonder how many Bernie voters in Michigan stayed at home in November or voted third party.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

akiss20

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 pm

falstaff wrote:
akiss20 wrote:
And in Trump's America we have neo-Nazis sieg heil-ing in Washington DC

I have not seen that.... I haven't even heard about it. On occasion I hear about the KKK having a rally someplace. They usually have 12 people or less and hundreds protesting against them. The last time I hear about near where I lived was 10 years ago, or there abouts, in Toledo, Ohio.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... pi/508379/

It made the rounds of the press a bit ago. I would be surprised if Fox or Breitbart covered it. Perhaps I should have used the modern term "alt-right" instead of Neo-Nazi.

akiss20

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:34 pm

falstaff wrote:

Kiwirob wrote:
By popular vote Hillary won, in a landslide, the general public were clearly happy with the direction America was heading, the fact that your electoral system doesn't reflect this is the problem.

The general population of California. If you removed that state Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote. As a Michigan voter I don't want one State deciding who my president is. A lot of Michigan voters feel that way, regardless of party. Without the electorial college no candidate would take Michigan seriously. They would spend their time in New York, Florida and California. Because of the system we have both Hillary and Trump campaigned in Michigan until the last day before the election.

So it is better that a few smaller states, including your own Michigan, get to control the election instead? News flash, the candidates spent basically no time in New York or California. They never do. The majority of the country, by both population and number of states, is ignored with only a few swing states ever considered. But as long as you get yours right?

I also love the logic of "if we ignore this one state we would have won!".

"If all the people who finished ahead of me hadn't run, I would have won the race!" :roll:

D L X

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Not sure why this argument has the popularity it does:

[quote=falstaff]The general population of California. If you removed that state Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote.[/quote]

Well, yes, if you exclude 3 million of Hillary's votes, then Trump wins the popular vote. And If I had a billion more dollars, I'd be a billionaire. I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE to explain how that somehow proves something.

D L X

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 pm

D L X wrote:

falstaff wrote:
The general population of California. If you removed that state Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote.

Well, yes, if you exclude 3 million of Hillary's votes, then Trump wins the popular vote. And If I had a billion more dollars, I'd be a billionaire. I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE to explain how that somehow proves something.

OA412

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16 pm

D L X wrote:

[quote=falstaff]The general population of California. If you removed that state Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote.

Well, yes, if you exclude 3 million of Hillary's votes, then Trump wins the popular vote. And If I had a billion more dollars, I'd be a billionaire. I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE to explain how that somehow proves something.[/quote]

It's like the "well if you exclude Black crime from the stats, then the US crime rate isn't so bad." And? California is one of the United States, just like Blacks are American (most of whom, incidentally, can trace their lineage in the United States back farther than most White people). You can't exclude California's votes when talking about the US general election, just like you can't exclude "black-on-black" crime when talking about US crime stats.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

LMP737

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:21 am

mham001 wrote:

No, they actually voted for it. To the tune of almost three million votes. But thanks to gerrymandering and this bizzare electoral system of ours we have.
Last edited by LMP737 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Dreadnought

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 am

OA412 wrote:
Not it's not. The country looks the way it does because of gerrymandering. The country is absolutely moving to the left, which is why the GOP has to resort to voter suppression and gerrymandering, cuz there ain't no way they can win without those tactics.

How do you explain the GOP's dominance in state governorships, state legislatures, and the Senate, which are not influenced at all by gerrymandering? And do you think the Democrats never used gerrymandering themselves whenever they could?
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

D L X

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:39 am

State legislatures are gerrymandered too.

As for the senate, there is a bias against populous places in the senate. Surely you are aware of how senators are elected.

Tugger

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 am

Dreadnought wrote:
How do you explain the GOP's dominance in state governorships, state legislatures, and the Senate, which are not influenced at all by gerrymandering?

So you are claiming that state districts aren't gerrymandered?

Tugg

NoTime

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:59 am

Tugger wrote:
The stupid crap of "He's(She's) not MY President!" is silly at the least, bad for the nation at worst (in my opinion).

Amen.

Tugger wrote:
Yeah an interesting eight years:

14.4 million jobs added.
Unemployment at 4.9%, down from 10%.
Economy growing about 2% a year.
Stocks at record highs

While a lot of that is true, one obvious error - the record highs for stocks are due entirely to Trump winning the election. (And, come on, 2% growth is nothing to brag about... it's anemic... and a huge portion of the new jobs added have been part time low wage positions... but I digress....)

Anyhow, this story is disgusting. Luckily, it appears that hate crime charges are imminent.

LMP737

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:00 am

Dreadnought wrote:

How do you explain the GOP's dominance in state governorships, state legislatures, and the Senate, which are not influenced at all by gerrymandering? And do you think the Democrats never used gerrymandering themselves whenever they could?

Let me remind you that is is rather common for the party in control of the White House to loose control of the legislature. The GOP never had control of the house and lost control of the Senate under Reagan. The Democrats lost control of the both houses with Clinton. As did the GOP under Bush 2.

Chances are the Republicans will loose control of Congress under Trump. Especially if the GOP get all their wishes. If they do a full repeal of the ACA it will do two things. One it will throw millions back into the uninsured category. It will also affect EVERYONE single one of us in a negative way. I'm talking about that little clause referring to pre-existing conditions.

Oh, and people will eventually grow tired of Trumps and his inane ramblings.

LMP737

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 am

NoTime wrote:
While a lot of that is true, one obvious error - the record highs for stocks are due entirely to Trump winning the election. .

That is your opinion, do not state it as a fact.

NoTime

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 am

LMP737 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
While a lot of that is true, one obvious error - the record highs for stocks are due entirely to Trump winning the election. .

That is your opinion, do not state it as a fact.

It's not just opinion. Go look at what the market has done (including the record closes) since the election.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:11 am

Tugger wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

And it has been charged as a hate crime.

So what is the issue you are trying to raise?

Tugg

The issue I am raising is that it had every potential to not be charged as a hate crime. At first the Chicago police top cop said its just kids being kids. After immense pressure from the video going viral the prosecutors office leveled more severe charges. You know this is my major issue with liberals you have a really twisted view of life. Don Lemon of CNN said this is not evil and CNN also interviewed Symone Sanders who thinks that this was no big deal. You know the only thing liberals seem to think is evil is anyone who voted for Donald Trump anything else is ok I mean really?

LMP737

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:29 am

NoTime wrote:

It's not just opinion. Go look at what the market has done (including the record closes) since the election.

The stock market when Obama took office was hovering around 8000, today it's a hair under 20000. Using your logic that's Obama's doing.

salttee

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 am

stratosphere wrote:
You know this is my major issue with liberals you have a really twisted view of life. Don Lemon of CNN said this is not evil and CNN also interviewed Symone Sanders who thinks that this was no big deal. You know the only thing liberals seem to think is evil is anyone who voted for Donald Trump anything else is ok I mean really?

It really isn't a big deal. This is my issue with cons you have a really twisted view of life, actually your problem is that you have your priorities screwed up. This is just a story that has caught a lot of media attention, it's a shiny thing that even made you start a thread about it. There are equivalent or worse things that go on on a daily basis in a large metropolitan area like Chicago. This kid was roughed up but the background here is that there were 762 murders in Chicago last year. Contrast a kid being roughed up with 762 murders. And while Chicago seems to be sticking out like a sore thumb Chicago is not that unique.

I don't know where you're from but I suggest that you take a ride along with your local cops and learn what's going on there. If you're shocked by this story you'll really be shocked by what goes on in your own hometown.

NoTime

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:14 am

LMP737 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

The stock market when Obama took office was hovering around 8000, today it's a hair under 20000. Using your logic that's Obama's doing.

No, using my logic, Obama is responsible for a little less than ~1,250 pts per year. The optimism of the upcoming Trump administration is responsible for more than that in roughly two months time. :D

D L X

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 am

NoTime wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

No, using my logic, Obama is responsible for a little less than ~1,250 pts per year. The optimism of the upcoming Trump administration is responsible for more than that in roughly two months time. :D

I'm confused.

Who is the president? Like right now, today?

stratosphere
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:36 am

salttee wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
You know this is my major issue with liberals you have a really twisted view of life. Don Lemon of CNN said this is not evil and CNN also interviewed Symone Sanders who thinks that this was no big deal. You know the only thing liberals seem to think is evil is anyone who voted for Donald Trump anything else is ok I mean really?

It really isn't a big deal. This is my issue with cons you have a really twisted view of life, actually your problem is that you have your priorities screwed up. This is just a story that has caught a lot of media attention, it's a shiny thing that even made you start a thread about it. There are equivalent or worse things that go on on a daily basis in a large metropolitan area like Chicago. This kid was roughed up but the background here is that there were 762 murders in Chicago last year. Contrast a kid being roughed up with 762 murders. And while Chicago seems to be sticking out like a sore thumb Chicago is not that unique.

I don't know where you're from but I suggest that you take a ride along with your local cops and learn what's going on there. If you're shocked by this story you'll really be shocked by what goes on in your own hometown.

Shiny thing? How bout I tie you up beat your ass and stick your head in a toilet see if you don't think it's a big deal .I don't know where YOU'RE coming from I grew up in North Jersey and live in Memphis now I am plenty familiar with crime I was even held up at gun point in front of my own house. If you don't think this is a big deal you need mental help and evaluation you really do. My point is you all get your panties in a wad over Donald Trump and those who voted for him over his rhetoric and downplay this assault on a special needs person. You all need safe spaces for anything and everything god forbid we make a man who identifies as a woman use the mens room OMG the horror! As far as Chicago it is a war zone and yes in comparison to the Chicago crime wave overall this pales for sure but no one especially liberals want to admit that Chicago is out of control .Black lives matter if they really cared about black lives and that is in dispute needs to look right in south Chicago and no further to see how many are killing each other.

salttee

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:16 am

stratosphere wrote:
I don't know where YOU'RE coming from I grew up in North Jersey and live in Memphis now I am plenty familiar with crime I was even held up at gun point in front of my own house. If you don't think this is a big deal you need mental evaluation you really do.
My point is you all get your panties in a wad over Donald Trump and those who voted for him over his rhetoric and downplay this assault on a special needs person. You all need safe spaces for anything and everything god forbid we make a man who identifies as a woman use the mens room OMG! As far as Chicago it is a war zone and yes in comparison to the Chicago crime wave overall this pales for sure but no one especially liberals want to admit that Chicago is out of control .Black lives matter needs to look right in south Chicago and no further to see how many are killing each other.

You may think that you're streetwise, but you're not if you think that was a big deal. I don't downplay the assault, I just see it for what it is. I keep it in context.
If you don't understand why people are upset at Trump's ignorant utterances it must be because you are oblivious to black issues and gay issues; you don't get it that the people at the top have to be squeaky clean about racial / minority issues or they encourage the bigots and at the same time they make the oppressed feel weak or angry - your pick.

Trump is a fool. There are reasons why virtually all intelligent people are circumspect when in public anyway.
You just can't see them.