Hillis
Topic Author

Trump Has A New Twitter Target

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:21 pm

This guy is going to be President in 11 days, and this is the garbage he's worried about? Attacking Meryl Streep? You would think he has better things to do than worry about what an actor (or a reporter, or a beauty contestant, or a Gold Star Family) has to say about him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/09/entertain ... index.html

Again, it shows a lack of character, a lack of focus, and a lack of realizing what is important and what isn't. Yes, the Trump supporters on here will shrug it off, but he is so unpresidential that it's truly scary. How anyone thinks he can handle a foreign leader is beyond me.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

AAPilot

Re: Trump Has A New Twitter Target

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 pm

How was it the left has to use an awards show to push their so called world view. They must stay awake at night seething with rage.

I remember same under the bush years where the left cheered and prayed for more American deaths in Iraq and begged for a pullout asap. Obama a gave the. That and thus created ISIS.

This is why I'm so happy the left lost in a landslide, they were rejected and even with all the racism they spread and voterfraud they still lost.

But payback is a bitch and beating the left isn't good enough I want to see them suffer.

bgm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 pm

AAPilot wrote:
How was it the left has to use an awards show to push their so called world view. They must stay awake at night seething with rage.

I remember same under the bush years where the left cheered and prayed for more American deaths in Iraq and begged for a pullout asap. Obama a gave the. That and thus created ISIS.

This is why I'm so happy the left lost in a landslide, they were rejected and even with all the racism they spread and voterfraud they still lost.

But payback is a bitch and beating the left isn't good enough I want to see them suffer.

Someone's off their meds today. :spin:

Not sure I feel entirely comfortable flying AA. :duck:
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

einsteinboricua

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 pm

I don't know what's worse:

-Trump's twitter frenzy
-Hillis opening yet another Trump thread
-AAPilot incoherent rant.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Osubuckeyes

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:28 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

-Trump's twitter frenzy

All of the above for $1000 Alex.

Aesma

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Trump did what she accused him off, why deny it. He could have just let it go, his supporters don't care about it or Meryl Streep anyway. But no, there is no stopping him.

If he continues as president, regardless of the nature of the tweets really, people will really wonder if he's working between two tweets.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

-Trump's twitter frenzy

Yet, you opened the thread and read it. :duck:
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Mir

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:37 pm

AAPilot wrote:
I remember same under the bush years where the left cheered and prayed for more American deaths in Iraq and begged for a pullout asap.

AAPilot wrote:

Area man angry about perceived, but unsubstantiated, prayers for Americans to suffer wants Americans to suffer.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

afcjets

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Aesma wrote:
Trump did what she accused him off, why deny it.

No he didn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYFC_7ZIn4

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Although I don't necessarily think that Trump responded in the best of fashions, the never-ending parade of celebrities crying "woe is me" over the election is beginning to become extremely tiresome. Frankly, it is hard to find any TV Show that isn't constantly harping on about the election - SNL? We know which party they support. Stephen Colbert? John Oliver? Trevor Noah? Seth Myers? They all clearly display their political bias on their respective shows. This is just my opinion, but I'm so tired of smug celebrities constantly belittling (disguised as comedy) not only Trump, but conservatives in general. Let's not pretend like they'd treat any other Republican President/President-Elect with respect either - remember the way they went after George W. Bush?

Meryl Streep won an award. Instead of accepting it graciously, she chose to launch a political attack. This is on her, not Trump.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190

Ken777

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Twat's Tweets ride again, just another demonstration of the guy's emotional problems. Not since Nixon have eww had a President who could really use psychological help from real professionals.

Does anyone really believe that he can last 4 years office with his behavioral problems? I'll be surprised if he lasts 2 years.

SoJo

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Not another Trump thread by Hillis. Gawd help us. Just get over it and except he is going to be the President..... Gawd help you!
RAF Abingdon 1967. I met Beverley from Blackburn. Fantastic!

Mir

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Trump did what she accused him off, why deny it.

No he didn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYFC_7ZIn4

So your defense is that Trump didn't mock this reporter by acting like he has cerebral palsy or some other disability because he mocks lots of people, even those who don't have disabilities, by portraying them as having disabilities?

If you're trying to suggest that he would not mock a disability...that's not better.

einsteinboricua

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Does anyone really believe that he can last 4 years office with his behavioral problems? I'll be surprised if he lasts 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if these two things happen:
1. If Democrats retake Congress, the GOP majority will choose to delegate many of Congress's responsibilities to Trump to allow him freer rein (akin to NC's GOP, just the other way).
2. If Trump is defeated in reelection, he'll refuse to concede (even in the face of a true landslide). Expect a defiant Trump if a Democrat were to defeat him under the same conditions Trump won (EC victory; PV loss).

In all cases, expect him to say that there was fraud involved...or hacking.

Mir

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Meryl Streep won an award. Instead of accepting it graciously, she chose to launch a political attack. This is on her, not Trump.

I wasn't aware she controlled Trump's Twitter account. He could have just ignored it or offered a respectful disagreement like adults do, but instead chose to call her "over-rated" and a "Hillary flunky". That's on Trump, not her.

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Mir wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

I wasn't aware she controlled Trump's Twitter account. He could have just ignored it or offered a respectful disagreement like adults do, but instead chose to call her "over-rated" and a "Hillary flunky". That's on Trump, not her.

She doesn't, but she was the one to launch a verbal attack without being provoked. And it was rather childish of her to bring up an incident from 2015 in an attempt to discredit the President-Elect. Sure, Trump's response is his responsibility - I noted that I didn't necessarily think he responded in the best of fashions, but the responsibility for the whole row lies with Streep, who attempted to politicize an awards ceremony.

cledaybuck

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:19 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Mir wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

She doesn't, but she was the one to launch a verbal attack without being provoked. And it was rather childish of her to bring up an incident from 2015 in an attempt to discredit the President-Elect. Sure, Trump's response is his responsibility - I noted that I didn't necessarily think he responded in the best of fashions, but the responsibility for the whole row lies with Streep, who attempted to politicize an awards ceremony.

Disagree. Trump is (going to be) the President. He is going to get criticized, a lot. It is part of the job. He needs to learn to let it go, because sometimes the criticism is going to come from someone more consequential in the grand scheme of things than SNL or a Hollywood actor. Ironically, tweeting back probably just provides more incentive for the late night programs to go after Trump.

einsteinboricua

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Ironically, tweeting back probably just provides more incentive for the late night programs to go after Trump.

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Disagree. Trump is (going to be) the President. He is going to get criticized, a lot. It is part of the job. He needs to learn to let it go, because sometimes the criticism is going to come from someone more consequential in the grand scheme of things than SNL or a Hollywood actor. Ironically, tweeting back probably just provides more incentive for the late night programs to go after Trump.

I don't think it is a particularly productive use of time to be honest with you, but I do think that he has a right to respond if he so desires.

You're right of course, it does provide the late night shows with incentive, but then they had all of this during the campaign itself, so I question the effectiveness of that particular endeavor. People know what Trump is like, it's no secret - he posts on Twitter knowing that people will see it. The late night shows can go after him all they want (and indeed the have), but ultimately Trump is still controlling the narrative.

Dutchy

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Trump is a narcissist whom can't handle any criticism. This is in a long line of incidents with Trump, so why open another threat about it?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

salttee

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Trump is a narcissist whom can't handle any criticism. This is in a long line of incidents with Trump, so why open another threat about it?

You're right, he's just is a narcissist whom can't handle any criticism. We shouldn't talk about it anymore.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE GET BACK TO WORK
THERE"S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 pm

salttee wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You're right, he's just is a narcissist whom can't handle any criticism. We shouldn't talk about it anymore.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE GET BACK TO WORK
THERE"S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Do we need a new thread every time he says something people don't like? In fact, someone created a thread to list Trump's tweets only a couple of days ago. This could have been posted there, avoiding yet another thread.

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Mir wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

Tell me, how many times did President Obama fire back on Twitter when someone criticized him, and don't tell me he wasn't criticized. How many? About zero. Why? Because he acts like a grownup and he realizes, as Bush43, Clinton, Bush41, Reagan, etc, that you just roll with the punches and let it go. Trump can't do that, because he's so thin-skinned and so self-centered that it really bothers him.

Meryl Streep is an actor, and a good one. A very good one. Donald Trump is going to be President of The United States. Maybe you should ask him to start acting like one, instead of a petulant 5 year old?

salttee

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:16 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Do we need a new thread every time he says something people don't like?

This is larger than him just saying "something people don't like".

It goes to Trump's need to get even with people who criticize him.
This man is about to become the President of the United States for god's sake!

Why aren't you more concerned with Trump attacking Meryl Streep than with Hillis starting a new thread?
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

Bongodog1964

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:17 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Although I don't necessarily think that Trump responded in the best of fashions, the never-ending parade of celebrities crying "woe is me" over the election is beginning to become extremely tiresome. Frankly, it is hard to find any TV Show that isn't constantly harping on about the election - SNL? We know which party they support. Stephen Colbert? John Oliver? Trevor Noah? Seth Myers? They all clearly display their political bias on their respective shows. This is just my opinion, but I'm so tired of smug celebrities constantly belittling (disguised as comedy) not only Trump, but conservatives in general. Let's not pretend like they'd treat any other Republican President/President-Elect with respect either - remember the way they went after George W. Bush?

It is no different here in the UK, firstly we had "celebrities" complaining about the 2015 general election result, then it was the Brexit result in 2016. They weren't going to stand for it. they were going to emigrate etc etc. Unfortunately there has been as yet no sign of a single one of them packing their bags.
Its easy to be a bleeding heart liberal when you live behind a set of electric gates and have domestic staff, not so easy when you are to coin a phrase that has recently been coined here "the just about managings" the middle classes working hard but seeing their income swallowed up.

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Hillis wrote:
Tell me, how many times did President Obama fire back on Twitter when someone criticized him, and don't tell me he wasn't criticized. How many? About zero. Why? Because he acts like a grownup and he realizes, as Bush43, Clinton, Bush41, Reagan, etc, that you just roll with the punches and let it go. Trump can't do that, because he's so thin-skinned and so self-centered that it really bothers him.

Meryl Streep is an actor, and a good one. A very good one. Donald Trump is going to be President of The United States. Maybe you should ask him to start acting like one, instead of a petulant 5 year old?

On Twitter? No, he didn't. But he has tackled his critics - on the campaign trail, and during interviews and press conferences. He hasn't just kept his mouth shut while people challenge and criticize him. Trump responds in an entirely different, more overt, kind of way. But Trump's way is effective - he sent that Tweet out this morning and it took him maybe a minute or two at most, and here we are discussing what he had to say hours later.

salttee wrote:

Why aren't you more concerned with Trump attacking Meryl Streep than with Hillis starting a new thread?

Trump didn't "attack" Meryl Streep. He responded to her very public criticism of him, and I think that he has a right to do that. Yes, he is about to become the President, but not every President is created in the same mold. As long as Trump has respect for the office, and I believe he does, then I could care less about how he chooses to respond to criticism - at least we all know where he stands.

Bongodog1964 wrote:
It is no different here in the UK, firstly we had "celebrities" complaining about the 2015 general election result, then it was the Brexit result in 2016. They weren't going to stand for it. they were going to emigrate etc etc. Unfortunately there has been as yet no sign of a single one of them packing their bags.
Its easy to be a bleeding heart liberal when you live behind a set of electric gates and have domestic staff, not so easy when you are to coin a phrase that has recently been coined here "the just about managings" the middle classes working hard but seeing their income swallowed up.

It was funny to see the many celebrities backtrack on their promise to leave America after the election. I guess they realized that America is the only reason they are anybody in the first place, and the only reason they had the opportunities they had. It must be a hard pill to swallow when they're constantly putting the country down.

I agree; too many celebrities are too far removed from reality. Ordinary, working people don't buy the "man/woman of the people" line when, as you say, they're living in gated communities and want for nothing. Hollywood is little more than a liberal echo chamber, and no matter which side of the political spectrum you're on, that's not a good thing. I mean, you can say a lot of things about the comments on this board, but an echo chamber it most certainly is not - and that's a good thing.

salttee

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:

As with so much of right wing thought and discourse you try to mingle two (or more) issues that have no common ground and come with a conclusion or an observation that actually has no meaning but sounds good to you. The "celebrities" have not caused the economic problems for the middle class and their opposition to (in this case) crude thuggish behavior by our president elect does not contribute to those problems. Trump is engaging in an almost identical behavior as George Bush did when he drug my country and yours into a tragic and unnecessary war in Iraq - and that war does have a lot to do with the current economic crunch on the middle class economy.

The buffoonish need to "get even" has no place on the international stage, particularly in the office of the President of the United States.
This is not a trivial thing.

Osubuckeyes

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:00 pm

salttee wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
Do we need a new thread every time he says something people don't like?

I'm more concerned with him abusing executive power rather than whatever BS controversy he's creating on Twitter for the Media to be outraged over... If you don't like what people are talking about change the conversation... He did that via Twitter throughout the campaign and is continuing to do it now.

11725Flyer

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:09 pm

January 20th and 21st will be very interesting.

salttee

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
But Trump's way is effective - he sent that Tweet out this morning and it took him maybe a minute or two at most, and here we are discussing what he had to say hours later.

You think his attack on Meryl Streep was effective? And you think this current conversation is to his benefit?

I don't think so.

KLDC10 wrote:
Trump didn't "attack" Meryl Streep.
He most certainly did. Trump's tweet was a personal attack, he called her overrated as an actor. How is that relevant to anything to do with him if it were true? Then he lied and claimed that he didn't parody a handicapped person.

KLDC10 wrote:
I agree; too many celebrities are too far removed from reality.
Utter nonsense.

Kent350787

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
If you don't like what people are talking about change the conversation... He did that via Twitter throughout the campaign and is continuing to do it now.

And this is what people don't seem to have come to terms with. The immediate response to the PEOTUS starting a stupid tweetstorm should be "what important negative story is he trying to ditsract attention from?"

KLDC10

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 pm

salttee wrote:
You think his attack on Meryl Streep was effective? And you think this current conversation is to his benefit?

I don't think so.

Yes I do. To paraphrase other posters - what are we not discussing?

salttee wrote:
He most certainly did. Trump's tweet was a personal attack, he called her overrated as an actor. How is that relevant to anything to do with him if it were true? Then he lied and claimed that he didn't parody a handicapped person.

In my view, he defended himself against her initial attack. I don't think that that is unreasonable. Streep's attack was certainly personal to begin with.

salttee wrote:
Utter nonsense.

It is not "utter nonsense" at all. It is very difficult for people to truly empathize with a situation they themselves aren't in. The lives of the likes of Streep and De Niro are far removed from the lives of the average American.

DDR

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 pm

My question is, where does he find the time? I mean seriously. This guy runs, I don't know how many businesses, is being prepped to be the POTUS, and has a family. I hope he does know he can't continue to do this once he's in office. Can you imagine the lawsuits for slander and defamation of character?

salttee

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Yes I do. To paraphrase other posters - what are we not discussing?

OK I'll bite: what?

KLDC10 wrote:
In my view, he defended himself against her initial attack. I don't think that that is unreasonable. Streep's attack was certainly personal to begin with.

He didn't defend himself, he went on the attack. Well he did defend himself by lying, saying that he didn't parody a handicapped person. But that is just more offense really.

It's obvious that you are not concerned about Trump's behavior, his thin skin, his vindictiveness and the callousness that brought him to parody that handicapped person: others are.
So let's just say that you don't get it - OK?

KLDC10 wrote:
It is not "utter nonsense" at all. It is very difficult for people to truly empathize with a situation they themselves aren't in. The lives of the likes of Streep and De Niro are far removed from the lives of the average American.
Utter nonsense. There are very rich people with an abundance of empathy and there are poor people who are completely narcissistic. It isn't Meryl Streep that's out of touch, it's Donald Trump that is out of touch.

KLDC10

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 am

salttee wrote:
OK I'll bite: what?

Well, perhaps the subject of what the GOP plans to replace Obamacare with? That's a thorny issue that many would like to avoid at the moment. There could be any number of things.

salttee wrote:
He didn't defend himself, he went on the attack. Well he did defend himself by lying, saying that he didn't parody a handicapped person. But that is just more offense really.

It's obvious that you are not concerned about Trump's behavior, his thin skin, his vindictiveness and the callousness that brought him to parody that handicapped person: others are.
So let's just say that you don't get it - OK?

To "go on the attack" is his prerogative. You're making a lot of assumptions; I'm just saying that a few tweets aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things.

No, that's not OK. I'm happy to agree to disagree, but don't suggest that "I don't get it" because I have different ideas about things.

salttee wrote:
Utter nonsense. There are very rich people with an abundance of empathy and there are poor people who are completely narcissistic. It isn't Meryl Streep that's out of touch, it's Donald Trump that is out of touch.

Yes, you're right, Trump is so out of touch that he managed to win the election. Look, again, we're clearly not going to agree here.

salttee

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 am

KLDC10 wrote:
There could be any number of things
And they are all strawmen in this conversation.
KLDC10 wrote:
To "go on the attack" is his prerogative.
And this thread is commentary on how he exercised that prerogative.
KLDC10 wrote:
You're making a lot of assumptions;
Like what?
KLDC10 wrote:
I'm just saying that a few tweets aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things.
And I'm saying that they are indicative of things that are quite important. That discussion is above.
KLDC10 wrote:
No, that's not OK. I'm happy to agree to disagree, but don't suggest that "I don't get it" because I have different ideas about things.
You indicate that you are unconcerned that the representative of your government and your people would publicly parody a handicapped person.
That indicates a blind spot in your thinking relative to most everyone else, hence: "you don't get it". And it appears that you really don't.

salttee wrote:

KLDC10 wrote:
Yes, you're right, Trump is so out of touch that he managed to win the election.

You're changing the subject mid conversation. You were claiming that "celebrities" couldn't relate to real life outside their gated walls.
I provided rebuttal for that falsehood and tagged on a comment indicating that Trump is out of touch in parodying a handicapped person (as opposed to Streep being out of touch.).
Trump's salesmanship in winning the election has nothing to do with this subject.

Again, mixing two subjects as I mentioned above.

Mir

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 am

KLDC10 wrote:
And it was rather childish of her to bring up an incident from 2015 in an attempt to discredit the President-Elect.

What are you talking about? This isn't dragging up some youthful folly. 2015 was practically last year. It was during his most recent campaign. It's more than fair game for criticism.

seb146

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:52 am

Leaders in this country are criticized. Not just presidents but governors, Congress members, coaches, CEOs, etc. That is our right under the Constitution. I am sure other leaders don't like it, but they rise above it and put it all in perspective and deal like adults. This is not normal. This is not good. This is not right.

Not only that, but he continuously says he did not do things that he did that can easily be proven. That is a psychopath. Telling people he did not do something when he did. And people believe him!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

NIKV69

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:23 am

I am so looking forward to the next 8 years!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

afcjets

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:34 am

What handicap does Cruz and even Trump have when he makes fun of both Cruz and himself in the same manner? That is how Trump makes fun of people when they say something stupid, he has a track record of doing it, if you would watch the video. I guess the Clinton News Network left that part of the story out, and all the other media outlets you all and Meryl prefer because they write a narrative you adore.

A332DTW

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:54 am

I think everyone missed her major point. She's calling on the press to get more serious. The whole world is laughing at us right now because we're nothing but a cheap, mediocre reality show. And when you look back at all the major networks streaming trump steaks, wines, and what ever other BS next to an empty podium for hours on end you understand why.

As to all the trump supporters getting offended by Streep's monologue... she has every right to express her views. If you don't like it, grab a cookie and blanket and find a safe space.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I am so looking forward to the next 8 years!

Nah.. the next year or two will be boring, the fun begins when in 2 years time nothing of value has been accomplished and party and voters turn against a sitting president like the world has not seen before.

Unless of course he is impeached first, a rapist fraudster like him probably doesn´t stand much of a chance once he is in the focus.

AAPilot wrote:

Sounds like a true domestic terrorist/sympathizer.....

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton

seahawk

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 am

I wonder why people care what an actress thinks about politics. Is she qualified in any way? But then I wonder even more why the next US president would care...

tommy1808

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 am

seahawk wrote:
I wonder why people care what an actress thinks about politics. Is she qualified in any way?

at least as much as the next president....
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton

Bongodog1964

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 am

salttee wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

As with so much of right wing thought and discourse you try to mingle two (or more) issues that have no common ground and come with a conclusion or an observation that actually has no meaning but sounds good to you. The "celebrities" have not caused the economic problems for the middle class and their opposition to (in this case) crude thuggish behavior by our president elect does not contribute to those problems. Trump is engaging in an almost identical behavior as George Bush did when he drug my country and yours into a tragic and unnecessary war in Iraq - and that war does have a lot to do with the current economic crunch on the middle class economy.
.[/quote]

The day that Meryl Streep and her like, buy their clothes at J C Penney, buy their groceries from Costco, live in a suburban bungalow, and donate the residue of their income to charity I will fully agree that they emphasise with middle America. Until then, they haven't got a clue.

GDB

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am

The day that Meryl Streep and her like, buy their clothes at J C Penney, buy their groceries from Costco, live in a suburban bungalow, and donate the residue of their income to charity I will fully agree that they emphasise with middle America. Until then, they haven't got a clue.[/quote]

I don't know about Streep's background, I DO know it could not be more shielded from everyday reality than Trump's from his birth, if you want an example of 'living in a bubble' then that's Trump, his Dad made the money, Donald lost it, time and again and bailed out time and again, all within the luxury of the family wealth, maybe Streep had to work for what she's got, I know Trump didn't.
(Seen the interior of one of his rooms in Trump Tower, best described as 'late Gaddafi / Early Saddam' style decor).

To your comments on similar things in the UK, I can recall the likes of Andrew Lloyd Webber saying he'll leave the UK if Labour got in the 1997, he didn't, neither did that charmer Jim Davidson, we live in hope that Katie Hopkins will piss off for whatever reason.

As for Brexit, don't know where you've been but the most anger I have heard has come from those who 'won', when questions like 'what happens now?' seems to really bother them, when a quite correct move to ensure Parliament has a say (which is after all what the anti EU crowd has been saying they are all about for decades), they go mad, you get the Daily Mail calling Supreme Court Judges 'Enemies Of The People' which given that rag's history of supporting Fascism in the 1930's and the same names used against those who were opposed to those rulers, is to put it mildly unfortunate.

And yes, people are pissed off when the day after that vote the leaders of Brexit denied the claims they had been making throughout the campaign not 24 hours before, Farage went to hug Donald Trump.

salttee

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:
The day that Meryl Streep and her like, buy their clothes at J C Penney, buy their groceries from Costco, live in a suburban bungalow, and donate the residue of their income to charity I will fully agree that they emphasise with middle America. Until then, they haven't got a clue.

Wait a minute, you just voted in a billionaire who got his start from his daddys' multi millions, a guy that flies from golf course to golf course in a 757 to be president and now you're saying that a woman who grew up in a bungalow and worked as a waitress while in college then worked her way up from bit parts off Broadway, is the one who is out of touch with America?

If you can't see who Meryl Streep is you have no comprehension of virtue. It sounds to me as if you're bitter because accomplished intelligent women avoid you like the plague.

"and donate the residue of their income to charity" coming from a Trumpster.

WoW just WoW

tommy1808

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:
Until then, they haven't got a clue.

so tell me.. what exactly is the percentage of now rich celebrities that have been born wealthy?

Osubuckeyes wrote:
He did that via Twitter throughout the campaign and is continuing to do it now.

On the plus side: if you want to shut down the future US government, you just have to tweet about Trump all the time... since tweeting back is obviously more important than getting a grasp on reality.

17 hours straight of twitter ranting without even saying anything consistent ..... i wouldn´t be surprised if he really does have a cocaine habit some suggest.

best regards
Thomas

einsteinboricua

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:

So you agree that the Trump family also has no clue and cannot EMPATHIZE with middle America? I mean, does middle America have a 757, multiple residences, gold toilets, and excessive income that they donate to charity? Because if that's the case, then I'm being left out.

Come to think of it...when was the last time you saw a Trump member at JC Penney, or Costco? When did Manhattan become a suburban? When did Trump Tower become a bungalow? And where are the records of how much money the Trumps have donated to charity?

Nice try, but get your argument straight.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

So you agree that the Trump family also has no clue and cannot EMPATHIZE with middle America?

Well.. Meryl Streep is probably richer than Donald, and he probably is up to the hilt in debt much like the average american.So he may feel the pain..

best regards
Thomas