GDB

Re: Trump Has A New Twitter Target

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Also consider this, Streep has won Oscars several times, been nominated for many others, you saw Trump's reaction to not getting a Golden Globe for his shitty 'reality show', it bugs him still years after, as shown in one of the debates when he just not resist saying 'I should have won it' in reply to a jokey reference to said obsession.
(Apparently he has shown up in bit parts in movies - usually insisting on doing so as a price for filming in any of his properties, he once 'won' a Razzie for worst actor for one 'performance').

Calder

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Regardless of who said what to whom on which platform, I think we can all agree that it should be beneath the office of POTUS to use Twitter.

I wish more people understood that.
C. T.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Calder wrote:
Regardless of who said what to whom on which platform, I think we can all agree that it should be beneath the office of POTUS to use Twitter.

I don't necessarily agree with it. I think Twitter is a good tool for outreach. It should be beneath the office of POTUS to use Twitter (or any social media platform) to lash out against critics. That comes with the package. Either ignore it, take it like a man, or get out.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

cledaybuck

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:21 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Calder wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with it. I think Twitter is a good tool for outreach. It should be beneath the office of POTUS to use Twitter (or any social media platform) to lash out against critics. That comes with the package. Either ignore it, take it like a man, or get out.

Agree with this.

Calder

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:26 pm

That's fair. It certainly seems to be the way the world is moving.

It just loses something with me. No more grand ideas or carefully planned speeches. Now it's chopped grammar, poor punctuation, and acronyms all just so the ideas of our countries most powerful individual can fit in a 140 character box.
C. T.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Calder wrote:
It just loses something with me. No more grand ideas or carefully planned speeches. Now it's chopped grammar, poor punctuation, and acronyms all just so the ideas of our countries most powerful individual can fit in a 140 character box.

It seems emails were a far larger factor than outbursts. It's what people chose; it's what they'll have to put up with for the next 4 years...and even if he resigns, he'll still be tweeting away, so don't expect a resignation or election loss to stop tweets.

Flighty

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

I hope these platinum celebrities keep speaking out. The more they speak, the more you learn about how they see the "world."

Most Americans and Brits have worldly concerns. They have a monthly budget to meet. These celebrities have no worldly concern at all. Yet they insist on giving away the middle class's money, instead of their own. Strange.

Calder, about grand ideas, you might want google Trump foreign policy speech. It is decent work (not Trump's work at all). Unlike most quasi-speeches with zero content, there was quite a lot of meat in that speech. Being friendly with Russia is certainly an idea that is grand in scope, even if people buy the New York Times narrative about the election, that hero Hillary was robbed.

Most speeches say nothing at all, and Trump says things. That's extremely jarring, and to some people, it seems dangerous.

Hillis
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Flighty wrote:
I hope these platinum celebrities keep speaking out. The more they speak, the more you learn about how they see the "world."

Most Americans and Brits have worldly concerns. They have a monthly budget to meet. These celebrities have no worldly concern at all. Yet they insist on giving away the middle class's money, instead of their own. Strange.

Calder, about grand ideas, you might want google Trump foreign policy speech. It is decent work (not Trump's work at all). Unlike most quasi-speeches with zero content, there was quite a lot of meat in that speech. Being friendly with Russia is certainly an idea that is grand in scope, even if people buy the New York Times narrative about the election, that hero Hillary was robbed.

Most speeches say nothing at all, and Trump says things. That's extremely jarring, and to some people, it seems dangerous.

What he says is dangerous. I think that's the problem. He sees the world as a 5 year old sees it, and it's going to get people killed.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

einsteinboricua

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Flighty wrote:
Being friendly with Russia is certainly an idea that is grand in scope.

I think it's a good idea to be on friendly terms with Russia and China. What I find baffling is:

1. A party that denounced and criticized Obama's reset approach with Russia, decrying Russia as an enemy, suddenly warming up to the idea of having warm relations between the two countries.
2. How much emphasis Trump places with Russia (admiring Putin, always putting Russia front and center, vowing to reverse sanctions on Russia)
3. A political camp that denounced how the US is showing weakness is suddenly eager to truly show weakness by caving in to Russian demands. It's one thing to be isolationist (which means you'll defend your interests if they're harmed); it's another to bend over and do another country's bidding (let's let Syria be sorted out by the Russians and not defend NATO if Russians invade).
4. A political camp that encouraged Russia to hack is suddenly shielding Russia from any consequences or blame.

So excuse me for having my reservations about Trump's intentions. Of course, he could clear it all up by showing his tax returns and proving once and for all that he does not owe Russians anything, but the very document that could prove me right or wrong is still in his hands. And his supporters, no doubt, will absolve him by blindly insisting that they know because he says so...just like I say that I'm the owner of the Moon and have the title deed (just trust me and believe me).

Flighty

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Hillis, we'll see. We know that Hillary killed people for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I agree that Trump lacks the intellectual power of the Establishment. Yet many of his points are still winning.

He is definitely not smarter than the Establishment. Instead, we are seeing that even a half-wit pig can prove the Establishment's dishonesty. It's humiliating for them.
Last edited by Flighty on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A332DTW

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:
The day that Meryl Streep and her like, buy their clothes at J C Penney, buy their groceries from Costco, live in a suburban bungalow, and donate the residue of their income to charity I will fully agree that they emphasise with middle America. Until then, they haven't got a clue.

So you agree that the Trump family also has no clue and cannot EMPATHIZE with middle America? I mean, does middle America have a 757, multiple residences, gold toilets, and excessive income that they donate to charity? Because if that's the case, then I'm being left out.

Come to think of it...when was the last time you saw a Trump member at JC Penney, or Costco? When did Manhattan become a suburban? When did Trump Tower become a bungalow? And where are the records of how much money the Trumps have donated to charity?

I can think of one person, not a celebrity, most definitely not a trump, but who did run for president, who shops at Costco.

Hillis
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm

afcjets wrote:
What handicap does Cruz and even Trump have when he makes fun of both Cruz and himself in the same manner? That is how Trump makes fun of people when they say something stupid, he has a track record of doing it, if you would watch the video. I guess the Clinton News Network left that part of the story out, and all the other media outlets you all and Meryl prefer because they write a narrative you adore.

One glitch with your statement: Meryl didn't say anything stupid. She did something The Orange Man is incapable of, which is telling the truth.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Mir

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 am

afcjets wrote:
What handicap does Cruz and even Trump have when he makes fun of both Cruz and himself in the same manner? That is how Trump makes fun of people when they say something stupid, he has a track record of doing it, if you would watch the video.

So he makes fun of people for saying things he thinks are stupid by doing impressions of them as if they have a physical disability, thereby connecting the disability and stupidity.

You might want to quit digging that hole for yourself.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

WarRI1

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 am

I love the term Elitist as applied to Hollywood Celebrities as the wealthy themselves hide behind walls, estate gates, limousines, private jets and security and also try to privatize beach's so the public cannot using them and also stop parking on streets in their neighborhoods going to those same beach's . The hypocrisy is disgusting to me. Meryl Streep was right on and well within her rights to free speech, the audience seemed to agree with her. :eek: ;)
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

afcjets

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Mir wrote:
afcjets wrote:
What handicap does Cruz and even Trump have when he makes fun of both Cruz and himself in the same manner? That is how Trump makes fun of people when they say something stupid, he has a track record of doing it, if you would watch the video.

So he makes fun of people for saying things he thinks are stupid by doing impressions of them as if they have a physical disability, thereby connecting the disability and stupidity.

You might want to quit digging that hole for yourself.

You are the one connecting stupidity to a disability if when you see Trump talking and acting stupid you see him impersonating a disabled person. You are not a very evolved liberal it seems.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm

afcjets wrote:
You are the one connecting stupidity to a disability if when you see Trump talking and acting stupid you see him impersonating a disabled person. You are not a very evolved liberal it seems.

The reporter has arthrogryposis, which means his arms and hands have limited movement, and conveniently when Trump "acted stupid" he put his arms in the same position Kovaleski's arms are.

A person who is criticizing does not need to stoop down to imitating or acting stupid. Had he said "this reported is biased" without doing anything, the point still comes across. Instead, we saw added insult to injury with the arms flailing.

For someone who once boasted about having the world's greatest memory, he seems to be suffering from selective amnesia, especially when he claimed to not know anything about David Duke despite having mentioned him or saying that he's never seen the reporter.

Your turn to prove me wrong.

afcjets

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Trump put his arms in the exact same position when mocking Ted Cruz groveling about something long before this incident ever occurred. Ted Cruz does not have a disability.

salttee

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 pm

afcjets wrote:
Trump put his arms in the exact same position when mocking Ted Cruz groveling about something long before this incident ever occurred. Ted Cruz does not have a disability.

You're just trying to play dumb.
Anybody who has ever been a child knows what the spastic parody is.
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

afcjets

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:07 pm

salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Anybody who has ever been a child knows what the spastic parody is.

What disability does Ted Cruz have that Trump is mocking when he does the "spastic parody" when he pretends to be Ted Cruz?

salttee

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:53 pm

afcjets wrote:
What disability does Ted Cruz have that Trump is mocking when he does the "spastic parody" when he pretends to be Ted Cruz?

"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

Hillis
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm

salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:

No, I don't think he's playing dumb. I think he really believes the manure he's spreading.

afcjets

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 pm

salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Hillis wrote:
No, I don't think he's playing dumb. I think he really believes the manure he's spreading

Textbook liberal response. When you cannot win on argument, which is often the case with liberals, you deflect by insulting your opponent instead.

salttee

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Hillis wrote:
salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:

No, I don't think he's playing dumb. I think he really believes the manure he's spreading.

He's playing dumb. Children call each other sapzz and do about the same contortion as Trump did.
That's everywhere I've been.

I think you let yourself be played by some of these jerks. They make you jump through hoops for laughs.

afcjets

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:38 pm

salttee wrote:
Hillis wrote:
salttee wrote:

He's playing dumb. Children call each other sapzz and do about the same contortion as Trump did.

I think you let yourself be played by some of these jerks. They make you jump through hoops for laughs.

Oh and nice strawman argument btw. I am simply stating Trump has made fun of other who grovel in the exact same manner before making fun of this guy, so it has nothing to do with his having a disability. I never mentioned whether or not I think reacting in this manner to this guy and Ted Cruz and others was age appropriate.

tommy1808

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Well... at least he is creating jobs...

:-D
best regards
Thomas

P.S. yeah, i know, but after a gazillian fake "the democrats are looking for paid protesters on Craigslist" news that someone always had a phone number not in service, it is just fair to turn the tables
This signature is a safe space for Trump supporters....

Hillis
Topic Author

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:51 pm

salttee wrote:
Hillis wrote:
salttee wrote:

Don't be too quick to think who is jumping through the hoops. :)