flipdewaf
Topic Author

Trumps dementia.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm

I just watched the trump press conference and he seemed to ramble on and on about nothing. It was like watching someone at a retirement home at times, talked for an hour and actually said nothing.

Mods: why was previous thread on press conference deleted?

Fred

casinterest

Re: Trumps dementia.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
I just watched the trump press conference and he seemed to ramble on and on about nothing. It was like watching someone at a retirement home at times, talked for an hour and actually said nothing.

Mods: why was previous thread on press conference deleted?

Fred

Probably because there isn't a concrete discussion.
I would suggest starting an article with Jake Tapper's take on Trump's "Conspiracy Theories" and "Fake News" and how he is outright lying to the public during his speeches and press reports.

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-eco ... D=ref_fark

"Tapper also brought up his recent clashes with Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, who defended Trump’s false claim that murder rates are the highest they’ve been in years and his belief that the media does not cover acts of terrorism. “Facts and truths are not partisan,” Tapper said. “Republicans and Democrats and independents, there are just empirical facts. And we want presidents to tell the truth. There’s just empirical lies that the president was telling.”"
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

rfields5421

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Ever sit through a timeshare hard sell meeting.

Donald Trump has always been one to ramble on and on. It is a good negotiating technique. To bore/ frustrate the potential buyer until he buys the product just to get the salesman to shut up.

Ken777

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Basically I see Trump as a BSer who has lied about almost everything over the decades that he is divorced from the truth and reality. Look for him to (1) dump BS at every turn and (2) never admit he was wrong and (3) never apologize.

The problem with his approach is that he cannot keep it up for 4 years with national and international media oversight. The guy is emotionally set up for a independent investigator and that will end his reign,

wingman

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 pm

I just watched the highlights, holy shit! Someone needs to put this jackass out of his misery.

Francoflier

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 pm

It seems Trump is essentialy still in campaign mode...
Boasts, lies, wild accusations, low on substance, high on rhetoric, attacking of the press.
Since that (somehow) worked for him during the campaign, he's reverting to it.
He's still holding rallies for Pete's sake...
He is so vain he'd rather waste time and effort trying to win an imaginary popularity contest in his head than run the country.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Dano1977

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Everyone and everything is terrible. He, however is tremendous.

It was like the live stream was on a loop, he just keeps repeating the same thing over and over

Dementia - who knows.

Narcissist - Yes

Symptoms include:-

exaggerating their own achievements and abilities (I'm worth 5,10,15,20,50 Billion $)

thinking they are entitled to be treated better than other people (Fake News)

exploiting other people for their own personal gain

lacking empathy for other people's weaknesses (How many people has he been downright nasty too)

looking down on people they feel are "beneath" them, while feeling deeply envious of people they see as being "above" them
Children should only be allowed on aircraft if 1. Muzzled and heavily sedated 2. Go as freight

Hillis

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:33 am

rfields5421 wrote:

Donald Trump has always been one to ramble on and on. It is a good negotiating technique. To bore/ frustrate the potential buyer until he buys the product just to get the salesman to shut up.

He's the leader of the United States. He isn't trying to sell a timeshare. That's just an idiotic defense of the man.
Peace

dragon-wings

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 am

He got caught in a lie during that press conference and the reporter call him out on it. Trump said that he had the biggest electoral collage win since Reagan (Trump had 306).The reporter said that Obama had more (332 and 365), then Trump interrupted him and said he ment the biggest against republicans. The the reporter pointed out that George HW Bush had more (426 in 1988) and all Trump said was that was the information he was given.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 am

Hillis wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

He's the leader of the United States. He isn't trying to sell a timeshare. That's just an idiotic defense of the man.

It is not a defense. It is an indictment.

MSPNWA

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:18 am

I see anti-Trumpers are still stuck by taking him literally instead of seriously.

His actions affect my life. His words don't. If he does what he campaigned on - which he has so far - then this country will be infinity better off.

Hillis

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 am

MSPNWA wrote:
I see anti-Trumpers are still stuck by taking him literally instead of seriously.

His actions affect my life. His words don't. If he does what he campaigned on - which he has so far - then this country will be infinity better off.

What kind of nonsense is that? Taking him literally IS taking him seriously.

And if his actions affect your life, then you're in a helluva lot of trouble, because this country is turning into a Fascist nation. Should we size you for your SS outfit? Because you're basically welcoming Fascism intto this nation.
Peace

Aesma

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 am

Did he campaign on concrete policies that he can now implement ? Outside of the wall I mean. Which itself wasn't really detailed.

He promised results, yes, but what else ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

WarRI1

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 am

Like a fine tuned machine, as a trained machinist, I don't think so!!!
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:19 am

The President of the United States has very little power to directly implement actions without support from Congress.

Most of Trumps Execitive Orders have called for studies, not direct action.

Like many candidates he campaigned promising a wide range of actions that he was going to take.

Many of those actions such as the wall cannot happen until the Congress passes laws/ authorization for those actions.

There is money for the border protection barrier. He can have DHS make changes in the design. He cannot have current construction contracts cancelled, nor can he have new contracts awarded without a funding law from Congress.

He could not order that the Dakota Access Pipeline construction be allowed. He could/ did order the US Army Corps to speed up their review of the application.

One difference between Trump's campaign statements and Clinton's was that Trump constantly said "I am going to" and Clinton said "We plan to". It made her look weak to people who do not understand how government actually works.

Today I saw a Facebook post from one of my high school classmates that Trump should immediately fire everyone who works for the FBI, the CIA and the Department of Justice who had worked for the government for more than four years. And revoke the pensions of all retired government employees. A President of the United States does not have that power.

WarRI1

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 am

rFields. Today I saw a Facebook post from one of my high school classmates that Trump should immediately fire everyone who works for the FBI, the CIA and the Department of Justice who had worked for the government for more than four years. And revoke the pensions of all retired government employees. A President of the United States does not have that power.

And thank our Founding Father's wisdom that he does not have such power. Our President Trump would make a fine Dictator if given a chance. Also I cannot believe that anyone would be that short sighted and stupid to advocate such a thing. Reminds me of someone who contributes on here all too often.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:50 am

You radicalized tea party anarchists need to get your facts straight.

Trump's second executive order signed on Jan 24 does not mention any specific projects. I will grant you that he did talk about the order allowing the resumption of work on the pipelines.

The NPR story makes a lot of assumptions about intent, but doesn't mention actual text of the orders. The NBC link doesn't have the actual text of the orders either, just their summary of what they think, or people in the White House have said about the planned results of the EO.

The second executive order only directs the Chairman of the White House Council on Economic Quality to complete a study within 30 days of application to determine if a project is a high economic priority. If he makes that determination, then the agencies involved are directed to complete their reviews and application process by "highest priority"

Here is the actual text of the executive order

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... ovals-high

The US Army Corps of Engineers saw the handwriting on the wall and gave up. Though Trump did issue a Presidential Memorandum which directed the COE to review their previous decisions regarding the need for an expanded environmental impact study and if the COE could not find a reason under law to block the pipeline to issue an approval / construction permits.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... s-pipeline

In a separate action based upon a determination that the Keystone XL pipeline is an Economic Priority, he asked the State Department to review the application for the Keystone XL and report back. After President Obama made an almost identical request to the State Department, they reversed their previous approval of the pipeline. I expect the State Department to again reverse their denial. The Presidential Memorandum does make it clear he wants the pipeline application study to recommend approval of the pipeline. https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... l-pipeline
Last edited by rfields5421 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:57 am

Hillis wrote:
He's the leader of the United States. .

Elected by the people of the US. He doesn't have to act or talk like you want him to. Don't like it? Beat him in the election in 2020.

BTW The presser was Biblical.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ltbewr

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 am

I am very concerned with President Trump's* well documented behaviors in public and private, especially since taking office. I am concerned that in what he says or does, his erratic and irrational ways will tank the financial markets and in turn ruin everyone's lives, start a war, trigger an act of terrorism, causing serious long-term damage to the USA and the world. The people who surround him are protecting him for their own perverse agendas. As others have suggested, it might be time to put the 25th Amendment to use to at least temporarily remove him from being the President before we are all ruined.

seb146

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 am

MSPNWA wrote:

Oh, believe me when I say we ARE taking him seriously! We have been since the primaries when he was acting crazy against Rick Perry and Marco Rubio and on and on. And many people still think he is/has made America great again. By saying nothing and taking every weekend off and using very small words repeatedly.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

tommy1808

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 am

seb146 wrote:
Oh, believe me when I say we ARE taking him seriously! We have been since the primaries when he was acting crazy against Rick Perry and Marco Rubio and on and on.

Exactly. Trump voters are equivalent to people saying "Oh, he won´t bite, he only wants to play" when seeing a mad dog running at them. It almost seems like the only people taking Trump seriously are the ones opposed to him.

By saying nothing and taking every weekend off and using very small words repeatedly.

And charging a "President comes here all the time" premium for his Property. Is that kind of direct personal taking of advantages illegal in the USA (at least it is here)?

In the latest news, for doing a 180° turn on his One-China pro Taiwan stance, he just, pure coincidence of course, got a favorable ruling on his brand name "Trump" in China, with most of his registered Brands coming up for renewal while in office. And with the PRC not having independent courts.....

best regards
Thomas
Every single person still supporting Trump would have, without a doubt, made a fine career in Hitler's SS!

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 am

Even from 3,000 miles away this administration - if it isn't actually imploding - is giving a very good impression of doing so. It's a slow motion car crash.

einsteinboricua

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm guessing somewhere there's a psychologist/psychiatrist writing a paper on what was exhibited in that press conference. That was not a normal press conference.

MSPNWA wrote:
So we're supposed to take Trump seriously, not literally...until we have to take him literally and not seriously.

So when he said Carrier would never leave and backed out by saying "It was an euphemism", how were we supposed to have taken Trump then and now?
Or when he promised a wall paid by Mexico and now he's putting a price tag (which is weird because if Mexico will pay for it, why are you concerned about price?)?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Francoflier

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
"It was an euphemism"

I believe the right term was 'euphenism'.
He knows words, big words, you see...
:biggrin:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Redd

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:42 pm

rfields5421 wrote:

Great, so the president is using timeshare selling tactics to get the public to..... negotiate? Shut up?

Redd

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

He's not the facking bible dude. You're supposed to take a person of his position at his word. Which is LITERALLY.

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Just looking his performance and body language yesterday, he looks like a man completely out of his depth. He continuously rambles, accuses and deflects, not wanting, or able, to answer questions. American politics hasn't been so fascinating for decades . . .

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 pm

If you listen to fox news, sean hannity believes today press conference was a historic beatdown of alt left media.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/532645248700 ... show-clips
cnn viewed it differently. Trump's performance fuels worry about his presidency.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/opinions/ ... index.html

my view fox news won't be investigating or covering Trump lies. Their tactic will be to defend him at all costs.
all the while pushing conspiracy theories and fake investigations like they did with HRC.

i agree Trump is boring us, frustrating us, his goal is to get his supporters to not believe the news.

if everything goes as planned his base will trust him, or become so confused on who to believe, that they will no longer care and stop paying
attention. Which has already happened on this board. They become frustrated defending Trump and disappeared.
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Redd wrote:
Great, so the president is using timeshare selling tactics to get the public to..... negotiate? Shut up?

Doesn't it seem so to you?

His press conference, his campaign, his speeches boil down to

1) I am perfect and know how to fix your problems;

2) You don't need to know any details, just trust me because I'm so smart and so rich;

I can always hear this in my mind at the end of every thing he says "It is in perfect condition, you don't need a warranty, this car will run for ever."

tommy1808

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Just looking his performance and body language yesterday, he looks like a man completely out of his depth. He continuously rambles, accuses and deflects, not wanting, or able, to answer questions. American politics hasn't been so fascinating for decades . . .

Sorry that it is in German, but google may do a good job:

http://www.der-postillon.com/2017/02/ge ... -mann.html

"Mentally ill person storms White House press conference......."

best regards
Thomas
Every single person still supporting Trump would have, without a doubt, made a fine career in Hitler's SS!

Alias1024

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

Is there some kind of decoder so I can figure out when to take him literally and when I should not?

It seems that voting for a candidate based on "well, they don't really mean that" leaves you susceptible to introducing your own biases instead of seeing the person for who they really are and what they really plan to do in office.

If you can't take them at their word, how are you supposed to evaluate a candidate with no record of public service, someone like Trump? How do I know their beliefs and priorities on a whole host of political issues that wouldn't be evident in public business decisions?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

planeophilic

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:40 pm

The only way to be a Trump supporter on the internet is to keep your mouth shut- which is what I do. No, I don't want to debate with anti- Trumpers because you people judge too much.
IQ 6969- If I wasn't addicted to Frog Porn, I would be perfect.

Siren

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Francoflier wrote:
It seems Trump is essentialy still in campaign mode...
Boasts, lies, wild accusations, low on substance, high on rhetoric, attacking of the press.
Since that (somehow) worked for him during the campaign, he's reverting to it.
He's still holding rallies for Pete's sake...
He is so vain he'd rather waste time and effort trying to win an imaginary popularity contest in his head than run the country.

Technically speaking, he IS in campaign mode. Trump filed as a candidate for the 2020 election on January 17th. In fact, he's running a campaign rally on Saturday evening in Melbourne, Florida.

What I see is somebody utterly unhinged. He can't speak coherently, and when he does, it's a lie. He's either going to have to be forcibly removed from the Presidency, or I'm quite certain that America will not have an election in 2020 at the rate he's going - the route toward full autocracy. I expect at his rally, he'll start laying the groundwork and rationale for suspension of civil rights and freedoms enshrined in the constitution in the name of fighting/preventing terrorism, although it's fairly clear that the muslim ban only strengthens the terrorist threats to Americans, both at home and abroad.

Low on substance? There was no substance that I could see. He defended his claim of having won with the largest electoral college majority since Reagan by offering that "somebody gave me that information". He's the President of the United States! There is no excuse for having staffers providing incorrect data. As President, it is expected that decisions are made based on objective and verifiable reality.

And what Trump has done is willfully engage in a full fledged attack on objective reality. It's allowed people to think that Hillary's emails were a scandal worthy of prison time, despite the fact that Trump's administration is using private servers hosted by the RNC (the same private email system that George W. Bush's administration used) to conduct business to work around the requirement for data retention. So very convenient.

The MO of the entire extremist conservative moment in the United States is to gin up incredible levels of outrage over the standard things opposition parties do. And yet, at the same time, they hem and haw and insist whatever they do, it's okay, it's patriotic and proper. Perfect example is Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch. They're crying that the Democratic Party won't allow them to have a vote on him, and are looking to block him... yet, less than a year ago, they blocked Supreme Court nominee Garland from even receiving a hearing on the rationale that "the election season is already underway, and that the new President should fill the position". The Republicans stole a Supreme Court seat from the Majority of the country, nominated by a highly popular President - and now want to ram an ideologue down America's throat. Fortunately we can block it because the election season is already underway, as the campaigning for 2020 has already begun...
Siren: 32 year old single white female based @ KLAX. Aviation nerd, political wonk, disability rights activist, German car enthusiast, Californian Independence leader & evangelist

Siren

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:21 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

In the latest news, for doing a 180° turn on his One-China pro Taiwan stance, he just, pure coincidence of course, got a favorable ruling on his brand name "Trump" in China, with most of his registered Brands coming up for renewal while in office. And with the PRC not having independent courts.....

best regards
Thomas

This is grounds for impeachment, if we had a government of people running it in good faith. This is a clear violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution, wherein he received a gift/payment from a foreign government to execute the office of the Presidency.
Siren: 32 year old single white female based @ KLAX. Aviation nerd, political wonk, disability rights activist, German car enthusiast, Californian Independence leader & evangelist

Siren

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Elected by the people of the US. He doesn't have to act or talk like you want him to. Don't like it? Beat him in the election in 2020.

Nein. Elected by a minority, using arcane anti-Democratic laws to gain an advantage over the majority. So, with that caveat, yes, he was elected - only because the American system of elections does not result in the 'winner' of the majority taking the office of the Presidency.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Siren wrote:

And what Trump has done is willfully engage in a full fledged attack on objective reality. It's allowed people to think that Hillary's emails were a scandal worthy of prison time, despite the fact that Trump's administration is using private servers hosted by the RNC (the same private email system that George W. Bush's administration used) to conduct business to work around the requirement for data retention. So very convenient.

Hillary's emails had nothing to do with the Trump Victory. I think Donna Brazille's probably had more of an impact as people (Thanks to Wikileaks bi-partisanship) were able to see how the DNC operated by attempting to rig the debates in Hillary's favor. Hillary was hugely unpopular from the beginning and the fact people want the ACA repealed is mostly why Trump is in office. Not because Hillary used a private server.

Oh BTW how is the search for a new country going?
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

planeophilic

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Siren wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Nein. Elected by a minority, using arcane anti-Democratic laws to gain an advantage over the majority. So, with that caveat, yes, he was elected - only because the American system of elections does not result in the 'winner' of the majority taking the office of the Presidency.

I wonder if HRC had won, would these laws still have been 'Arcane' and 'Anti-Democratic'?
Attacking constitutional procedure for your loss is like blaming the grass for losing in football.

Get over it. He won. Remember?
IQ 6969- If I wasn't addicted to Frog Porn, I would be perfect.

Alias1024

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I just want to add that the title of this thread is ridiculous. I haven't seen anything to suggest president Trump has dementia.

Look, I don't like him. I think many of the policies he has outlined are bad ideas. I think his knowledge of the issues America faces is superficial at best. I think his mocking of the reporter during the campaign was disgusting. I think his comments about women were abhorrent.

But I also think he's a hell of a salesman and he has been his entire adult life. He's used a whole host of psychological techniques to sell business deals to partners, sell himself to the public and become hugely famous, and now win the presidency. I watched yesterday and saw a lot of the same. He knew exactly what he was doing up there. It's what he's done for nearly half a century. It wasn't unhinged as some in the media have called it.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

einsteinboricua

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm

planeophilic wrote:
I wonder if HRC had won, would these laws still have been 'Arcane' and 'Anti-Democratic'?
Attacking constitutional procedure for your loss is like blaming the grass for losing in football.

If the grass at your stadium is wet during the game while mine is dry, then it's not the same playing field.

When my vote has more weight that yours, that's a problem. If my vote were worth twice as much as yours on paper, I'm certain you'd also be ticked off.

As an example:

Wyoming cast 255,849 votes in total and get 3 electoral college votes.
Montana cast 497,147 votes in total and also gets 3 electoral college votes.

That right there means that though Montana has more people, Wyoming votes have more weight than Montana votes.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

salttee

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Alias1024 wrote:
I haven't seen anything to suggest president Trump has dementia.

To each his own. Many people see exclusive narcissism as dementia.
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."

Siren

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 pm

planeophilic wrote:

Get over it. He won. Remember?

Yes, the laws would still be arcane and anti-democratic. I came out for national popular vote long before the election, and regardless of who won, it is an arcane, outdated, anti-democratic system of elections that subjugates the majority to the will of the minority.

I'm not going to get over the fact that the minority of 'deplorables' and the ill informed elected a man so manifestly unfit to serve, who has committed high crimes and misdemeanors already within a month of his taking the office of the Presidency, who lies every single time he opens his mouth... no. I won't be getting over it. I demand responsible, competent governance. And until I get that, the treasonous liars in the White House are going to be exposed for what they are: treasonous delusional liars.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 pm

I agree. He is, always has been, and in the future will continue to be a prime example of a crooked salesman.

No, Trump's trademarks in China will not violate the clause in the constitution. His company filed for those trademarks a long time ago. China's refusal to grant them appeared to be a violation of several treaties and international trademark law.

Now China is attempting to gain Trump's favor. Just as some countries do for every president.

What needs to be watched in the future is if Trump makes decisions that directly benefit China. He hasn't changed US policy toward China.

He talked a lot in the campaign about how he was going to make changes to trade with China - but that was just empty campaign promises. Unless he totally cuts the United States off from international trade, policy toward China cannot change much.

And the Republicans in Congress are not going to allow him to make any significant changes in relations with China.

tommy1808

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Alias1024 wrote:
I just want to add that the title of this thread is ridiculous. I haven't seen anything to suggest president Trump has dementia. .

Suggesting dementia is being kind. His statements are more removed from verifiable fact that anything ever said by any head of state, and on the same level as "there are no American Tanks in Bagdad".
So either he has dementia, forgetting things like meeting Putin, or he is the biggest liar that ever was, not even caring the least bit that his lies can be debunked by anyone able to say "hello Google/Siri".

Best regards
Thomas

ltbewr

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Part of the reasoning of some suggesting Donald Trump may be showing signs of dementia is that his father did have dementia in the last years of his life. It would not be improbable that his genetics may also lead to him having dementia too.

vfw614

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Good grief, he is talking record crowds yet again, this time it is the poor Boeing folks at the Charleston plant who have to sit through yet another incoherent "speech". Have his speech writers gone AWOL? It is a disgrace that the POTUS is apparently intellectually unable to give even a simple speech focusing on the event he is attending. From what I gather the crowd at Boeing is not going exactly wild while he is giving his speech...

bhill

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Well, the Department of Homeland Security sure as hell took him seriously, as did....wait for it...

The 9th Circuit Court..when he STATED "We'll see you in Court"

His legal team did as well as they are waiting for a new EO to have ANOTHER stay placed upon it...

"Seriously and not literally?!!!" what the fuck is that supposed to mean?? This person controls the Nuclear Fuck Arsenal of the US!!
Carpe Pices

vfw614

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Seriously and not literally?!!!" what the fuck is that supposed to mean?? This person controls the Nuclear Fuck Arsenal of the US!!

Just check out the section of yesterday's presser where he was talking about the "nuclear holocaust" - apparently it took an intel briefing for him to understand what nukes can do... Pure gold. Let's just hope some brave soul had the foresight to short-circuit the nuclear football...

As we are just at it - at his Winter White House public dinner, some idiotic Trump fanboy took a picture of the officer carrying the nuclear football and posted it on facebook, stating "This is Rick...". You cannot make all this crazyness up. Who needs SNL when reality is even crazier.

flipdewaf
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Alias1024 wrote:
I just want to add that the title of this thread is ridiculous. I haven't seen anything to suggest president Trump has dementia.

So while the thread topic was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek I wasn't suggesting that he might actually have dementia but I looked up some symptoms anyway and it was quite interesting.
Memory loss.
He mentioned in the press conference yesterday that he had never even spoken to Russia, not in yrars. Does he forget that it was Putin who phoned him after he won the election?

Difficulty performing familiar tasks.
Did you see him try to hold Theresa Mays hand?

Problems with language.
He doesn't seem to speak in a coherent way

Disorientation to time and place.
I'm not sure he was fully aware of being at a press conference, especially at the beginning.

Poor or decreased judgement.

Problems with keeping track of things.
Like his staff....

Misplacing things.
His morals?

Changes in mood or behaviour
Within the same sentence it seems.

So to start with I thought saying "he's got dementia" was funny but now I'm thinking he maybe does

Fred

wingman

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Dude, that's the funniest post I've read in a long time.

salttee

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 pm

vfw614 wrote:
Just check out the section of yesterday's presser where he was talking about the "nuclear holocaust"

I think that everyone should take note of how he is trying to use fear of Russian nuclear weapons to sell his idea of "partnership" with the Russians.

We've already been there and done that and we won, and that was when we were up against the whole of the Soviet Union.

Heck, even Jimmy Carter had more resolve that what Donald Trump is displaying.
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."