Hillis
Topic Author

GOP "Mainstream Accountability Survey"

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 am

Josef Goebbels would have loved this one. This is legit, right from GOP.com. This one asks you to agree with you just how bad the media is and how naugthy they're being to Donald Trump. Well, apparently, liberals and progressives have found out about it, and you can bet the GOP isn't going to get the answers they thought they'd get. But I'm sure beyond any doubt that they'll either shut it down or lie about the results if it is torpedoed.

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstr ... ty-survey/
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

rfields5421

Re: GOP "Mainstream Accountability Survey"

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:43 am

The one I love is about Trump's ability to talk directly to the people. He does that very poorly. Ronald Reagan was the master at making someone in their home feel the President was talking directly to them.

Trump's inability to stay on topic, constantly bragging about how great he is, makes him look childish and petulant.

Let Kellyann carry the message. She is a lot better at lying to the camera than Donald.

Francoflier

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 am

Lol... Is he seriously asking his own partisans to validate his diminishing of the free press?
Every single of these questions is loaded, by the way. I sense Bannon's touch here.

In other news: a new survey says that Trump fanatics agree with Trump.
:innocent:

Dictators of the World, take note. This is how you do it.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

WarRI1

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:06 am

Francoflier wrote:
Lol... Is he seriously asking his own partisans to validate his diminishing of the free press?
Every single of these questions is loaded, by the way. I sense Bannon's touch here.

If I did not have faith in our Democratic process and Institutions, I would start to worry about this man and what he advocates. :swirl:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Hillis
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

If I did not have faith in our Democratic process and Institutions, I would start to worry about this man and what he advocates. :swirl:

The fact is he and the GOP are trying to destroy the democratic process and institutions. They want to use this survey as a means to silence opposition to whatever they do. They've already gerrymandered districts and restricted voting rights in many states, with that same goal-to make sure they don't lose elections. They want a one-party rule. That was proven when they spent 8 years obstructiing from a Democratic President. They either want everything their way, or they're willing to destroy the nation, just go get their way.

Our institutions are in imminent danger. So is this nation.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

seb146

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:36 am

And they are still begging for money. Like they are campaigning. They won both the popular and Electoral College vote by millions, remember? #alternativefacts
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Francoflier

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:11 am

I think Trump has realized that the only thing he's any good at is campaigning.
Getting heard by saying ourageous and false things as loudly as possible and being brash and tasteless while chanting populist slogans is his thing.
Running the show, obviously, not so much...

He's just kicking off the 2020 campaign. That explains the constant referring to his election win, the mocking and blaming of Hillary ( :sarcastic: ), the fund raising and the rallies.

Anything to divert everybody's attention from the current trainwreck and while the GOP systematically removes any sort of humanity and decency from the country while clearing the way for corporations to do as they please with the people and the land.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

tommy1808

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:39 am

Hillis wrote:
But I'm sure beyond any doubt that they'll either shut it down or lie about the results if it is torpedoed.

1. Someone needs to get them a book about survey design.
2. Heck, what an opportunity to set the record straight ...... spread the link as wide as possible.
3. They will never publish the raw date, they will just make up whatever they publish anyways.... maybe a good idea to set up a survey asking people what they did answer and compare.
4. The questions..... "If the republican party had obstructed Obama....." IF? Alternate history much? And what does that kind of question with a, false, statement have to do with a survey (see 1).

It is very clear that they aim for a justification to jail Journalists and generally destroy freedom of press (should they put more resources into holding the media accountable).

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton

Calder

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Is it possible to complete the survey without paying?

I tried $0.01, but the minimum was $1.00.
C. T.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:01 pm

My daughter-in-law (a Trump true believer) completed the survey and complained today she had over 500 emails calling for more donations.

The minute I saw they wanted my email address is when I quit trying to express my views.

lugie

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
My daughter-in-law (a Trump true believer) completed the survey and complained today she had over 500 emails calling for more donations.

The minute I saw they wanted my email address is when I quit trying to express my views.

Spoof email accounts exist for a reason ;)

Spent the better part of the last hour doing my part in tanking this "survey". Does anybody know how to write a program for this kind of stuff?

The way they use loaded questions to potentially justify "further actions" against the free press is straight out of Sultan Erdolfs playbook. He did basically the same when he masked the reintroduction of the death penalty as "the will of the people" - now he can denounce any opposition to it as politicians working against those who seemingly elected them.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI LA
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT

bhill

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Yeahhh...I did this one....most of my answers had BBC, NPR, PBS and Al Jazeera in them....
Carpe Pices

luckyone

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I filled this one out, despite the implicit and confirmation biases about killing me. Since I live in Chicago, I figured I'd use the ZIP code for my parents' rural Georgia home (it was a primary address of mine as well) should there be any bias against Blue State reponses.

Dano1977

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:26 am

Oh, yes. No, no, I think it is invaluable, even though it may cause you—it is never pleasant to be reading things that are not agreeable news, but I would say that it is an invaluable arm of the presidency, as a check really on what is going on in the administration, and more things come to my attention that cause me concern or give me information. So I would think that Mr. Khrushchev operating a totalitarian system, which has many advantages as far as being able to move in secret, and all the rest—there is a terrific disadvantage not having the abrasive quality of the press applied to you daily, to an administration, even though we never like it, and even though we wish they didn't write it, and even though we disapprove, there isn't any doubt that we could not do the job at all in a free society without a very, very active press.

John F. Kennedy, 1961 – after he had been slated by the press over Bay of Pigs, and was asked as to whether he still read newspapers.
Children should only be allowed on aircraft if 1. Muzzled and heavily sedated 2. Go as freight

afcjets

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Hillis wrote:
. Well, apparently, liberals and progressives have found out about it, and you can bet the GOP isn't going to get the answers they thought they'd get. But I'm sure beyond any doubt that they'll either shut it down or lie about the results if it is torpedoed.

Come on Hillis, you can do better than that. It asks for contact info, clearly it's bait is to register the belligerent opposition to facilitate concentration camp assignment.

LH707330

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 am

It doesn't even cookie-block people. I think they'll get garbage and publish whatever they want.

einsteinboricua

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Apparently, Herr Trump is not pleased with the results and is saying that it's rigged.

I particularly liked the use of double negatives. This survey was probably written by a 6th grader.

Do you believe that contrary to what the media says, raising taxes does not create jobs?

Let's break this down. Take away the "contrary to what the media says" part, if you answer "Yes", then you agree with the premise that raising taxes does not create jobs. By adding the "contrary..." part, you now create this confusion and will say "No" because you somehow perceive the media to be telling the part of "raising taxes does not create jobs".

“Do you believe that people of faith have been unfairly characterized by the media?”

Is it Christians only? Or can I say that Muslims have been unfairly characterized too? What about Pagans?

“Do you believe that the media purposely tries to divide Republicans against each other in order to help elect Democrats?”

“Do you believe that the media creates false feuds within our Party in order to make us seem divided?”

Asking the same question twice.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

tommy1808

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:51 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Is it Christians only.

Christians only, because that is the right faith. Moslems and Jews are just people of the book.

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton