SOBHI51
Topic Author

Another car attack in London

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 am

Not surprised that no one reported it so far, the reason? Well the victims are Muslims coming out from a Mosque after prayer.
I bet they will discover that the attacker, in custody, will be declared insane. Not a terrorist attack?
BTW the man was shouting " kill all Muslims"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40322960
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

pvjin

Re: Another car attack in London

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 am

I'm glad no more than one died, attacks which target random civilians are never acceptable. If somebody deserves to be attacked it's the Wahhabist hate preachers who create terrorism, I'm sure plenty of them are walking free in the British streets.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
I bet they will discover that the attacker, in custody, will be declared insane. Not a terrorist attack?

You don't have to look very far to find it being called a terrorist attack...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... ve-updates

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 96596.html

We only arrived back in the UK at 1am this morning and it was all over the news, as it is now. What more do you want?

SOBHI51 wrote:

That one nutter decides to "take revenge" is not totally surprising. Again, in my view the onus is on decent Muslims to do more to shut down the hate-preaching radicals and make their moderate views more clearly heard. If they don't, then I'm very concerned that we'll start to see more "revenge attacks" like this.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 am

Terrible, all attacks are terrible, we need to find a way to co-exist, live and let live, don't judge others.

pvjin wrote:
I'm glad no more than one died, attacks which target random civilians are never acceptable. If somebody deserves to be attacked it's the Wahhabist hate preachers who create terrorism, I'm sure plenty of them are walking free in the British streets.

Do you really need to preach your hate towards Muslims in a thread about a terrorist attack on Muslims?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:29 am

Terrible attack once again, and it should most certainly be called a terrorist attack, because that's what it was.
Dutchy wrote:
Do you really need to preach your hate towards Muslims in a thread about a terrorist attack on Muslims?

I rarely ever agree with pvjin, but in this case he's got a point: wahhabism is a VERY serious problem, and should be banned in Europe, with all wahhabist preachers that aren't EU nationals kicked out of the EU, and mosques where wahhabism is preached should be shut down.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 am

scbriml wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

We only arrived back in the UK at 1am this morning and it was all over the news, as it is now. What more do you want?

SOBHI51 wrote:

That one nutter decides to "take revenge" is not totally surprising. Again, in my view the onus is on decent Muslims to do more to shut down the hate-preaching radicals and make their moderate views more clearly heard. If they don't, then I'm very concerned that we'll start to see more "revenge attacks" like this.

You started by quoting few sources, that it was a terrorist act, but then you contradict yourself and call him a nutter which prove my point.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am

[quote="Dutchy"]Terrible, all attacks are terrible, we need to find a way to co-exist, live and let live, don't judge others.

I agree 100%.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 am

[quote="Scorpio"]Terrible attack once again, and it should most certainly be called a terrorist attack, because that's what it was.

I really hope so.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

Scorpio wrote:
Terrible attack once again, and it should most certainly be called a terrorist attack, because that's what it was.
Dutchy wrote:

I rarely ever agree with pvjin, but in this case he's got a point: wahhabism is a VERY serious problem, and should be banned in Europe, with all wahhabist preachers that aren't EU nationals kicked out of the EU, and mosques where wahhabism is preached should be shut down.

You will be surprised to find out that some preachers from the EU are Wahhabists.

Start by getting rid of the hundreds of the exiled Muslim brother hood followers in the UK first, they are the soul of the problem.

cpd

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am

scbriml wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

SOBHI51 wrote:

The onus is now also on you and me tobe more vocal in denouncing this kind of attack, or otherwise you and me might be seen as terrorists, just like him.

It works both ways.

I can't imagine hurting anyone, so this kind of thing no matter who is behind it leaves me sad and appalled.

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am

scbriml wrote:

Further to this point, I suspect the location of this attack was quite deliberate as well. Finsbury Park mosque was once the 'preaching' ground for our old friend Abu Hamza.
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 am

cpd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

SOBHI51 wrote:

The onus is now also on you and me tobe more vocal in denouncing this kind of attack, or otherwise you and me might be seen as terrorists, just like him.

It works both ways.

I can't imagine hurting anyone, so this kind of thing no matter who is behind it leaves me sad and appalled.

Whenever there is a terrorist attack committed by a so called Muslim, i feel enraged and sad. Same here would never dream of hurting anybody unless in self defence. Thanks God i am 67 years old and i can proudly that i never did.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am

Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

This isn't the place to address it. If you want to talk about it, fine, open another thread and talk about it. This is about a terrorist whom killed Muslims in the UK. The way pvjin is talking about it, is almost if he thinks it was just to attack Muslims in this way.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am

scbriml wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Further to this point, I suspect the location of this attack was quite deliberate as well. Finsbury Park mosque was once the 'preaching' ground for our old friend Abu Hamza.

That a hole, but who gave him an exile after fleeing Egypt?

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am

Deleted
Last edited by SOBHI51 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

This isn't the place to address it. If you want to talk about it, fine, open another thread and talk about it. This is about a terrorist whom killed Muslims in the UK. The way pvjin is talking about it, is almost if he thinks it was just to attack Muslims in this way.

Will not surprise me if he will celebrate this attack.

Don't put oil on the fire, no need for that either.

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
You will be surprised to find out that some preachers from the EU are Wahhabists.

No I won't. That's why I said that those wahhabist preachers who aren't EU nationals should be kicked out. You can't kick out the ones that are EU nationals, but you can shut down their mosques.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 am

Dutchy wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Will not surprise me if he will celebrate this attack.

Don't put oil on the fire, no need for that either.

You are right, deleted.

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 am

Dutchy wrote:
This isn't the place to address it.

Yes it is, because this whole sad event all ties in with the escalating violence and tensions between Muslims and non-Muslims in Europe. And the growth of wahhabism is one of the root causes of that.

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
You started by quoting few sources, that it was a terrorist act, but then you contradict yourself and call him a nutter which prove my point.

I didn't contradict myself. I simply refuted your point that nobody was calling it a terrorist attack by pointing out that the attack was being labelled as terrorism by many sources.

cpd wrote:

It works both ways.

Fair point and I absolutely agree. In case there's any doubt, I completely and utterly denounce this attack.

SOBHI51 wrote:
Whenever there is a terrorist attack committed by a so called Muslim, i feel enraged and sad. Same here would never dream of hurting anybody unless in self defence. Thanks God i am 67 years old and i can proudly that i never did.

Of course, and that is the same for the vast, vast majority of us regardless of religion (or even being atheist).

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am

Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Yes it is, because this whole sad event all ties in with the escalating violence and tensions between Muslims and non-Muslims in Europe. And the growth of wahhabism is one of the root causes of that.

Fine, then I won't react to this anymore, I find it extremely untasteful to talk about problems with Muslims when the Muslims were victims in this case, it is almost blaming the victim.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am

Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Scorpio, in reality it's not Muslims against non-Muslims, look at how many victims of ISIS are no-Muslims they will not exceed 2%..
I still think that the root cause of all those Islamits radicalism is the Muslim brotherhood, just read there history, every line is full of blood.

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
Fine, then I won't react to this anymore, I find it extremely untasteful to talk about problems with Muslims when the Muslims were victims in this case, it is almost blaming the victim.

Save me the guilt trip please, that's just pathetic. You know very well that this has nothing to do with 'laming the victim', the mere suggestion is ridiculous.

Channex757

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:11 am

Has anyone else seen the adverts on YouTube put there by moderate Muslim organisations denouncing acts of terror like Manchester? Saw one just this morning.

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:11 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Scorpio, in reality it's not Muslims against non-Muslims, look at how many victims of ISIS are no-Muslims they will not exceed 2%..

I never said, nor implied that it was.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 am

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Dutchy, in reality a minority of Muslims do have a problem, and innocent people are paying a heavy price.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 am

scbriml wrote:
Of course, and that is the same for the vast, vast majority of us regardless of religion (or even being atheist).

I would agree with: "Of course, and that is the same for the vast, vast majority of us"

Atheist or Agnostics aren't more violent which you seem to suggest with the use of the word "even" or provide evidence on the contrary. People whom believe in a religion aren't better human beings for that.

Words do matter you know.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:17 am

Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Save me the guilt trip please, that's just pathetic. You know very well that this has nothing to do with 'laming the victim', the mere suggestion is ridiculous.

Then tell me, what is your point in insisting on discussing radical Muslims in a thread about an attack on Muslims.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am

Channex757 wrote:
Has anyone else seen the adverts on YouTube put there by moderate Muslim organisations denouncing acts of terror like Manchester? Saw one just this morning.

Another great response to the attack

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-40323279

The European Jewish Congress said it was an "unconscionable attack" during the holy month of Ramadan.

President Dr Moshe Kantor added: "We condemn this attack and its attempt to escalate tensions in the UK and we stand firmly beside our Muslim brothers and sisters in the aftermath of this attack.

"An attack on one religion is an attack on all religions and all people and faiths must stand together against terror."

That's the spirit.

Eyewitness Hussain Ali said the mosque's Imam shielded the attacker while waiting for the police.

He said: "The leader of the mosque said "You do not touch him". He was sitting and holding him like that, people kept holding him."

Mr Ali described the chaos that unfolded in the early hours.

"All I heard was a banging, then I turned and saw all the shouting and running.

"I saw people taking a man from underneath the van, he was black, bleeding, he was not dead, he was alive.

"People who were inside saw the attacker was smiling, he was waving, he was happy.

"It was panic, people were shouting, screaming, some saying it was an accident. It was panic, it was horror."

I wanted a non Muslim white woman to come down to show them that they are not alone'

Sarah Lee
BBC London, at the scene
Posted at
4:36
Alice, who has lived in the area for 27 years, said she felt extremely upset and angry.

"I'm furious and really upset. I came down here today to show solidarity.

"I wanted a non Muslim white woman to come down to show them that they are not alone.

"I heard on the radio that people are beginning to associate this with normal behaviour. But it's not normal and not acceptable - we shouldn't slide into that attitude.

"There has always been a mixed community in the area. I just want everyone to feel welcome."

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am

Dutchy wrote:
Atheist or Agnostics aren't more violent which you seem to suggest with the use of the word "even" or provide evidence on the contrary. People whom believe in a religion aren't better human beings for that.

Certainly not what I meant. You're reading too much into it.

Kiwirob

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Not surprised that no one reported it so far, the reason? Well the victims are Muslims coming out from a Mosque after prayer.

4 hours ago most members were either asleep or on there way to work; pull your head in and stop looking for issues when there aren't any to look for!!

Kiwirob

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

SOBHI51 wrote:

I think you can safely say all terrorists are nutters! So what's your point, you're looking for some kind of muslim beat up when there isn't one, this clearly shows the cultural differences between you and the majority of people living in Europe.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 am

scbriml wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Certainly not what I meant. You're reading too much into it.

Then be more careful how you phrase things.

ltbewr

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 am

There was also a 17 year old Muslim woman who was killed by a (possibly) Hispanic/Latino by a base ball bat after a verbal confrontation in northern Virginia (not far from DC) on Sunday afternoon. Her beaten body was found in a nearby pond.
This is the last thing we need is more violence toward persons of the Muslim faith or 'look Muslim'.
Hopefully in both the Virginia and London attacks on Sunday, the alleged attackers get a tried and convicted with life sentences.

pvjin

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I was targeting wahhabist hate preachers with that post, not all Muslims.

Dutchy wrote:

Dutchy wrote:
Then tell me, what is your point in insisting on discussing radical Muslims in a thread about an attack on Muslims.

This attack is obviously related to previous attacks committed by jihadists, it belongs to the same circle of hate. Understanding the connections between things is very important thing and something increasingly many people seem to be incapable of. Things like terror attacks just don't rise out of nowhere. These aren't random incidents committed by random nutters, they are a sign of failed policies and ideological turmoil that Europe is witnessing. That's why one should have a wider perspective when discussing these happenings.

And for SOBHI, I have no reason to celebrate any terror attacks on Muslims. Problems with radicalism and migration can be solved only through peaceful political decision making, stupid fools who attack random people of Islamic faith only do harm to the European patriotic movements, just like ISIS does harm to Islam when their attacks increase negative attitudes towards the religion.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Not sure who made you the Internet police today, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill, old chap.

Scorpio

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Perhaps you are the one who needs to stop looking for things to be offended by. Because from your reactions here, that appears to be why you're here: to find things to be offended by.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

4 hours ago most members were either asleep or on there way to work; pull your head in and stop looking for issues when there aren't any to look for!!

Well i wasn't, i am free to start any subject the way i feel it should be, if you think that's wrong, your problem. When there is an act of terrorism committed by a so called Muslim, a topic is started within minutes 24 hours a day

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

pvjin wrote:
[quote="

And for SOBHI, I have no reason to celebrate any terror attacks on Muslims. Problems with radicalism and migration can be solved only through peaceful political decision making, stupid fools who attack random people of Islamic faith only do harm to the European patriotic movements, just like ISIS does harm to Islam when their attacks increase negative attitudes towards the religion.

I think i admitted that i was wrong and deleted the posting

pvjin

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
I think i admitted that i was wrong and deleted the posting

Yea you did, I'm glad you are a sensible person.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
scbriml wrote:

I think you can safely say all terrorists are nutters! So what's your point, you're looking for some kind of muslim beat up when there isn't one, this clearly shows the cultural differences between you and the majority of people living in Europe.

Well that's because i live in the USA, and as the attack happened around midnight local British time, or 7pm on the East coast of the USA, there must have been a lot of A.netters still up. I started the posting at 5am local time on the East coast or 10am local time in Britain, so there must have been few people up there. 10 hours after the terrorist act.
KIWIROB, you can't imagine how westernize i am. I am also very proud of my culture.
If stating a fact is considered by you a Muslim beat up, whatever that means, then tough, stop reading my postings.

Jetty

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Terrible, all attacks are terrible, we need to find a way to co-exist, live and let live, don't judge others.

You start with a judgement and then conclude that we shouldn't judge others?

tommy1808

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
scbriml wrote:

I would agree with: "Of course, and that is the same for the vast, vast majority of us"

Atheist or Agnostics aren't more

Generally: less religion ~ less violence

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
Scorpio wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Perhaps you are the one who needs to stop looking for things to be offended by. Because from your reactions here, that appears to be why you're here: to find things to be offended by.

And that is how it works: offense is taken, not given

Best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You start with a judgement and then conclude that we shouldn't judge others?

Correct, a judge a situation as terrible - I think this is kind of universally shared that attacks like these on civilians are not justified - and I believe that we shouldnot judge people as a group - a.k.a. Muslims - but judge an act of people. So what is your question, Jetty?

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 pm

scbriml wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Not sure who made you the Internet police today, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill, old chap.

Why did you choose to name religious people separately? Are you religious yourself?

MrHMSH

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Driving cars through crowds seems to be in vogue with terrorists these days. Oh well. Just do the candles, show solidarity on Twitter and wait for the next one. Maybe do some praying if you're into that.

SOBHI51 wrote:

You seem to be very upset by this, you rarely post that much and that passionately. Fair enough, but you're trying too hard to manufacture some offence here. It's a terrorist attack, no need to get worked up over that. Not the last we've seen of this unfortunately. You know my thoughts, no point repeating them. But until we find a solution that doesn't involve violence, not much point getting worked up, just feel bad for the poor people who are unlucky enough to be in the firing line.

scbriml

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Why did you choose to name religious people separately? Are you religious yourself?

I'm not religious in the slightest.

And you're still reading way to much into it. :wave:

L410Turbolet

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 pm

C'mon SOBHI, even communist Corbyn was this time allegedly "overwhelmed" by emotions.He is a tough guy as we know, normally he is quite happy to condone any carnage caused by his buddies from Hamas and IRA.

GDB

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Here is what we know so far, sorry if it does not satisfy the agenda driven hysterics on here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40323769

The poor man who died might have anyway, however he van driver will face not only the terrorism related offences he has been charged with but also probably multiple counts of attempted murder.

vrbarreto

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

This is him apparently

https://www.facebook.com/darren.osborne.7731

He has some nice friends

https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyApples43 ... riends.all

He's apparently a father of 4! Looks like he might have been radicalised online...