SOBHI51
Topic Author

WHEN IS THIS MADNESS GOING TO STOP?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Another day, another terrorist attack, this time in Paris, glad only the terrorist was dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/europe/pa ... index.html

Enough is enough.
Last edited by SOBHI51 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

NIKV69

Re: WHEN IS THIS MADNESS GOING TO STOP.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Never, as long as Islam isn't allowed to respect other beliefs this will keep happening.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Never, as long as Islam isn't allowed to respect other beliefs this will keep happening.

Islam does respect other beliefs. find Surah Mariam in the Quran and read it.
https://quran.com/19

BTW terrorists are not only Muslims, proof, the car attack early morning in London and the young girl kidnapped and killed wit a bat in Sterling VA after leaving the Mosque. the Mosque.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fa ... dd23501714
Last edited by SOBHI51 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken777

Re: WHEN IS THIS MADNESS GOING TO STOP?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Before pointing to moderate Muslims you need to remember that Timothy McVey was NOT a Muslim.His approach was as a good Christian, as were the actions of other "Christians" who bombed abortion clinics and killed people who worked in them.

Last night's overnight terrorist attack in London appears to be by a "Non-Muslim", He would probably list his religion as Proud Christian, but doesn't go to church. He sounded like a Trump supporter from what I have seen,

There will always be an extremist group in any religion, just as hate will always be around. Trump sure leveraged this type of hate to get elected President and the Tea Party leveraged it to power.

As long as various groups profit from hate I don't see it ending,.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:37 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:

Would probably be better if the radical Islamists did. I don't want to kill people because they don't believe in Islam. They do.

Ken777 wrote:
Before pointing to moderate Muslims you need to remember that Timothy McVey was NOT a Muslim.His approach was as a good Christian, as were the actions of other "Christians" who bombed abortion clinics and killed people who worked in them.

Last night's overnight terrorist attack in London appears to be by a "Non-Muslim", He would probably list his religion as Proud Christian, but doesn't go to church. He sounded like a Trump supporter from what I have seen,

There will always be an extremist group in any religion, just as hate will always be around. Trump sure leveraged this type of hate to get elected President and the Tea Party leveraged it to power.

What on earth are you talking about? The OKC attack had nothing to do with religion. Are you serious?
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

c933103

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

The madness will stop when we eradicated all homo sapian from the world.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Unfortunately, terror is a fact of life because it is cheap and very effective. As long tensions between groups aren't solved in another way. In Europe, we have survived the 1970-ish, much more killing back then. Radical Christians, radical left, radical right, radical separatist and radical Muslims.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Ken777

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 pm

NIKV69"

[quote="Ken777 wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? The OKC attack had nothing to do with religion. Are you serious?[/quote]

What is serious is that terrorism does not automatically relate to Muslims. Last night's attack in London was not carried out by a Muslim, not was the OKC attack. Bombing abortion clinics (or killing their personnel) is a solid "Christian" act, not a muslim one.

So what I was talking about is the reality that a lot of terrorist acts in the US are carried out by non-Muslims. McVey's approach was as other "good Christians" terrorists acts in the US, He simply killed more people that the radicalized Christians who attack us from time to time.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Ken777 wrote:
So what I was talking about is the reality that a lot of terrorist acts in the US are carried out by non-Muslims. McVey's approach was as other "good Christians" terrorists acts in the US, He simply killed more people that the radicalized Christians who attack us from time to time.

The biggest act of terrorism, in recent years, in Europe also was a Christian, Anders Breivik.

ual777

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

The biggest act of terrorism, in recent years, in Europe also was a Christian, Anders Breivik.

Aren't we forgetting the Paris night club?
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

Pyrex

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 am

Maybe this dumbass can ask one of his 72 virgins to teach him how to properly wire a detonator.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:18 am

Pyrex wrote:
Maybe this dumbass can ask one of his 72 virgins to teach him how to properly wire a detonator.

Told you before those virgins do not exist.

B747forever

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:25 am

Dutchy wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Please remind me if he did it in the name of Christianity.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:40 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BTW terrorists are not only Muslims, proof, the car attack early morning in London and the young girl kidnapped and killed wit a bat in Sterling VA after leaving the Mosque. the Mosque.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fa ... dd23501714

You're right not all terrorists are Muslim but the vast majority of them by far are. Until your faith undergoes a reformation and takes away a lot of the silly mumbo jumbo surrounding it this kind of crap is going to continue.

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am

Ken777 wrote:

What is serious is that terrorism does not automatically relate to Muslims. Last night's attack in London was not carried out by a Muslim, not was the OKC attack. Bombing abortion clinics (or killing their personnel) is a solid "Christian" act, not a muslim one.

It's easier for people to accept when it is someone like themselves carrying out the attack, but when it's a person carrying out the attack who is a different culture and for religious reasons it's much harder to accept.

Like with Anders Brevik the authourities were relieved when he turned out to be ethnic Norwegian, had he been a muslim immigrant the shit storm that followed would have been massive, far larger than it ended up being.

L410Turbolet

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 am

Pyrex wrote:

Does he get 72 virgins for killing just himself? He gets shortlisted for the Darwin Awawrd, but he must get some point deduction for such a screwup. How about 7 virgins... all fat and hairy guys?

Bostrom

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 am

ual777 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

And the 2016 Nice attack?

Dutchy

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 am

Bostrom wrote:
ual777 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I stand corrected, those had more victims: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Europe

But the point I was trying to make, that Europe has had to deal with terrorism for a long time and not all were from Islamist.

ChrisKen

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 am

B747forever wrote:
Please remind me if he did it in the name of Christianity.

It was one of his many mangled motives, "to preserve a Christian Europe".
Last edited by ChrisKen on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am

Dutchy wrote:
Bostrom wrote:
ual777 wrote:

I stand corrected, those had more victims: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Europe

But the point I was trying to make, that Europe has had to deal with terrorism for a long time and not all were from Islamist.

That's ancient history, if you go back as far as 2000 the majority of attached have involved musilms, even Anders slaughtering kids in Norway can be linked to Islam.

It's one thing being killed by independance movements which was the cause of most European terrorism and another to be killed by religious extermists, many of whome we were kind enough to let in as refugees, biting the hand that feeds is not a good idea and only hurts rather than helps your cause.

cpd

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Another day, another terrorist attack, this time in Paris, glad only the terrorist was dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/europe/pa ... index.html

Enough is enough.

It will stop when we are facing a world crisis that affects us all equally. Which is sad.

Some of the posts I've read above I could reply to, but I won't. It only gives them credit, gives them legitimacy and plays into flame-baiting they are doing.

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

[quote="SOBHI51"][/quote]

I also find your choice profil pick interesting, if you knew the full story behind this childs death then you probably wouldn't use it, suffice to say the family was safe in Turkey, with a housing and employment but the father wanted his teeth fixed and was told be a family member living in Canada that if he moved to Germany they would be fixed for free. So for the sake of vanity this fool lost his wife and his children. This childs fate had nothing to do with the refugee crisis.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bostrom wrote:
ual777 wrote:

Certainly, but for past 30 years most attacks which have indiscriminately targeted any civilians have been related to Islamic radicalism. IMO there's a big difference between assassinating a politician / blowing up an empty bank at night / attacking armed soldiers and just blowing up or shooting bunch of civilians in a public place.

Islamic terrorism can't be solved through "more tolerance", fight against discrimination or whatever, as all these solutions assume that it's our fault radicalization happens. In reality this is all result of forced and unnatural multiculturalism and resulting lack of integration. We must demand that people who move to the EU westernize themselves and abandon those values and ideas which conflict with our ideas of democracy and freedoms. There should be zero tolerance for political Islam in the west.

In the good old days you either respected the law of the land or got kicked out of the land, or worse. That model worked much better than the modern European model of nearly endless tolerance of insults and disrespect towards laws and customs of the land. If I go abroad outside Europe and behave in a very disrespectful manner, in most countries I fully expect to get deported or jailed, we should do the same.
Last edited by pvjin on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Dutchy

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:23 pm

pvjin wrote:
unnatural multiculturalism and resulting lack of integration.

Yeah, white power:

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
pvjin wrote:
unnatural multiculturalism and resulting lack of integration.

Yeah, white power:

For all I care Europe can be filled with non-white people as long as they don't commit acts of terrorism, cause a massive crime wave or try to ban alcohol and pork from me. I've never cared much about race as I'm fully aware that morons come in all shapes and colours, what really matters are culture, religion and political ideology as those things can make otherwise decent people behave like morons.

In what I call "natural multiculturalism" newcomers regardless of their skin colour feel enough respect towards their new homeland not to do any of those things mentioned before and adapt their culture/religion/political ideology to what is seen acceptable in the mainstream culture of their new home.

I guess my wishes seem inherently racist and xenophobic to somebody who has no respect whatsoever towards common rules, laws and social norms. But really Dutchy, the kind of moral and social anarchy you advocate isn't a very good political system if you want a stable and peaceful society.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Dutchy

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm

pvjin wrote:
I guess my wishes seem inherently racist and xenophobic to somebody who has no respect whatsoever towards common rules, laws and social norms. But really Dutchy, the kind of moral and social anarchy you advocate isn't a very good political system if you want a stable and peaceful society.

Lol, a nice interpretation of people whom don't agree with your point of view. We have discussed it many times, and you still fail to understand what I advocate. Remarkable.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lol, a nice interpretation of people whom don't agree with your point of view. We have discussed it many times, and you still fail to understand what I advocate. Remarkable.

Says somebody who sent a picture which implies that I'm a white power fanatic. As far as I can see you advocate nearly total cultural and social individualism, although in the area of economy you seem to hold more collectivist thoughts. Quite typical for a modern day leftist liberal who believes that there are a lot of rights and few responsibilities, especially when minorities are concerned.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40349654

Another attempted attack, this time in Brussels. Looks like a suicide bombing failed and the only casualty was the bomber. I guess these attacks are to be expected as ramadan is ending soon, and ISIS encouraged its followers to commit attacks at that time.

I'm glad the attackers seem to be extremely incompetent most of the time.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

I also find your choice profil pick interesting, if you knew the full story behind this childs death then you probably wouldn't use it, suffice to say the family was safe in Turkey, with a housing and employment but the father wanted his teeth fixed and was told be a family member living in Canada that if he moved to Germany they would be fixed for free. So for the sake of vanity this fool lost his wife and his children. This childs fate had nothing to do with the refugee crisis.

Really? Do you have a source?

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 pm

[quote="Kiwirob"]
even Anders slaughtering kids in Norway can be linked to Islam.

Please tell me that this is a joke.

DDR

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

Thanks for that information Kiwirob. I didn't know the story behind that poor child's death. Now I think it's even more inappropriate for a screen pic than I did before.

Jalap

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

It won't stop untill humans stop that mindless generalisation. Billions of muslims live in perfect peace, still you dare to make a statement like this.
Muslims read stuff like what you write and generalize all Westerners as being enemies of their identity. 0.0000001% could end up being terrorists and you'll feel like your point as been proven right. All hail to generalisation.

Let me generalize: the percentage of terrorists worldwide being men vs female is far higher that the percentage being muslims vs other religions. Men are the problem! I see it so clearly now. All hail to generalisation.

Jalap

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 pm

pvjin wrote:
In what I call "natural multiculturalism" newcomers regardless of their skin colour feel enough respect towards their new homeland not to do any of those things mentioned before and adapt their culture/religion/political ideology to what is seen acceptable in the mainstream culture of their new home.

I guess my wishes seem inherently racist and xenophobic to somebody who has no respect whatsoever towards common rules, laws and social norms.

That is because you are xenophobic and racist. I'm quite sure you are less tolerant towards a muslim criminal than towards a white male drunk driver. This while drunk driving ruins far more lives than all the world's terrorists combined.

The London and Portugal fires combined had the same death toll as a full year of terrorism in Europe. Both disasters probably could have been avoided if our culture was more willing to trade comfort for safety. But since this is our own culture, people are far less upset by this than by a muslim psychopath blowing himself up in some place.

This is the core of the problem. We Westerners have reached an unbelievable level of arrogance that is killing ourselves and drives others to want to kill us.

Know your own flaws before you point your finger at others.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Jalap wrote:
That is because you are xenophobic and racist. I'm quite sure you are less tolerant towards a muslim criminal than towards a white male drunk driver. This while drunk driving ruins far more lives than all the world's terrorists combined.

You got it all wrong, I hate drunk drivers equally much. In my opinion both terrorists and those who cause deaths of innocents through drunk driving should be executed.

Jalap wrote:
The London and Portugal fires combined had the same death toll as a full year of terrorism in Europe. Both disasters probably could have been avoided if our culture was more willing to trade comfort for safety. But since this is our own culture, people are far less upset by this than by a muslim psychopath blowing himself up in some place.

Sure as hell people should be more upset about somebody INTENTIONALLY killing people than over accidents, even if negligence played a part in them. What is wrong with you?

Jalap wrote:
This is the core of the problem. We Westerners have reached an unbelievable level of arrogance that is killing ourselves and drives others to want to kill us.

So your point is that we shouldn't be afraid and oppose Islamic terrorism as other things, such as forest fires and drunk drivers, are statistically more likely to kill us?

Jalap wrote:
Know your own flaws before you point your finger at others.

Oh yes I'm sorry, from now on I will accept Islamic radicalism and terrorism as drunk drivers and forest fires kill people.

Jalap

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 pm

pvjin wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40349654

Another attempted attack, this time in Brussels. Looks like a suicide bombing failed and the only casualty was the bomber. I guess these attacks are to be expected as ramadan is ending soon, and ISIS encouraged its followers to commit attacks at that time.

I'm glad the attackers seem to be extremely incompetent most of the time.

Yes, this happened in Brussels today. Now if you open the Belgian newspapers, it'll be all headlines about this. Then scroll (far) down, there has been a 2nd incident in Belgium today. Somebody attempted to drive his car over a class of school children, but missed. He tried again, but hit a tree. Read the article, the person driving the car was a white German with a psychiatric history.

This is very interesting. The German was white, he failed and he has a psychiatric past. Hence, it's not that big of a news item. Now replace "white German" with "Muslim" and it would have been headlines all over the world. Also, I'm quite sure that most muslim terrorists also have serious psychiatric issues. And while this is an acceptible excuse for a white, it isn't even investigated when the suspect is Muslim.

Stuff like this explains why Muslims don't like us Westerners.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Jalap wrote:
Stuff like this explains why Muslims don't like us Westerners.

Do you think Muslims don't have similar bias in favour of their own? If you don't I would argue that you should travel a bit more, perhaps one day you will understand that people are ultimately all the same everywhere in the planet as far as basic psychology goes.

Also, I would argue that a random madman trying to kill people is much less worrying than an entire political/religious movement which endorses the idea of committing suck attacks.

Jalap

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 pm

pvjin wrote:
You got it all wrong, I hate drunk drivers equally much. In my opinion both terrorists and those who cause deaths of innocents through drunk driving should be executed.

Well, executing them is a bit over the top, but I note that you are far more vocal about Muslims than about other things that cause far more damage than crime and terrorism. Guess I misinterpreted your priorities then.

pvjin wrote:
Sure as hell people should be more upset about somebody INTENTIONALLY killing people than over accidents, even if negligence played a part in them. What is wrong with you?

What's wrong with you is that you have tunnel vision about Muslims intentionally killing people. Take a trip through the total perspective vortex and you'll probably see that problems caused by 0.0000001% of muslims are only a footnote in everyday lives of people. The incredible focus on terrorism is the goal of the terrorists, and you are an advocate of their goals. (and okay, in debate I'll probably be willing to reduce that percentage to something like 0.0001%)

Jalap wrote:
So your point is that we shouldn't be afraid and oppose Islamic terrorism as other things, such as forest fires and drunk drivers, are statistically more likely to kill us?

Being afraid, yes. I'll take the train through Brussels tomorrow as I do very often and I will be more afraid of my train crashing than I'll be of terrorists wanting to blow up my train.
Opposing it, of course one should oppose terrorism. But not by adding fuel to the fire, like you do. Find out why there is terrorism and you may find out that us Westerners are pretty ugly arrogant people, for an outsiders perspective. Work on that and terrorism could disappear.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 pm

pvjin wrote:

Also, I would argue that a random madman trying to kill people is much less worrying than an entire political/religious movement which endorses the idea of committing suck attacks.

Entire religious movement, a bit exaggerated, don't you think.

Jalap

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 pm

pvjin wrote:
Do you think Muslims don't have similar bias in favour of their own? If you don't I would argue that you should travel a bit more, perhaps one day you will understand that people are ultimately all the same everywhere in the planet as far as basic psychology goes.

Well I agree 100% with that statement. I'm glad you admit that this bias exists on our side as well, because your focus is entirely on their side. This is why I focus on our side. This while I hate thinking in "sides". Because there should be none.

Once you realise that both sides are at fault, you can start working on a solution. And spearding hate is the opposite of that solution. Muslims spreading hate gave birth to IS. Do you really want to do the same?

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:21 pm

DDR wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

Thanks for that information Kiwirob. I didn't know the story behind that poor child's death. Now I think it's even more inappropriate for a screen pic than I did before.

First Kiwirob can not prove that story, second the child did drown whatever reason, third i didn't know that i should ask your opinion about my screen pic, so your opinion is not a factor.

L410Turbolet

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:26 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
First Kiwirob can not prove that story,

Feel free to use Google.

L410Turbolet

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Jalap wrote:

You do understand the difference between accident, a sum of unfortunate circumstances, and intentional murder, do you?
At what point will people like you pull their heads out of the sand? When terrorists kill us by the hundreds every day?

Jalap wrote:

Muslims are never to be blamed for anything. Even their perverted ideology that drivers them to kill innocent people is someone else's fault.

[/quote]
Terrorist apologist much
Jalap wrote:
And while this is an acceptible excuse for a white, it isn't even investigated when the suspect is Muslim.

Muslim is not a race. It's a choice to follow certain idelology. Yes, we can argue that one's CHOICE to be a muslim is sort of a mental disease... the same way one chooses to be a Justin Bieber fan or hardcore football fan.

pvjin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Jalap wrote:
Well, executing them is a bit over the top, but I note that you are far more vocal about Muslims than about other things that cause far more damage than crime and terrorism. Guess I misinterpreted your priorities then.

Yes, I hold the right to safe life in very high regard and support strict punishments to anybody who violates this intentionally, drunk drivers included.

Jalap wrote:
Being afraid, yes. I'll take the train through Brussels tomorrow as I do very often and I will be more afraid of my train crashing than I'll be of terrorists wanting to blow up my train.

Sure that's probably a rational thing to do based on statistics, however at least personally I just can't treat intentional acts of violence in similar manner to accidents. Whenever I go drive I can accept the fact that an accident might happen, this possibility is just a part of the reality and something that can't be avoided as people will always make mistakes. However I find it much more difficult to accept that some drunk driver, or even worse, a suicidal person, might kill or seriously injure me, as such acts are completely avoidable if some individuals acted differently.

Jalap wrote:
Once you realise that both sides are at fault, you can start working on a solution. And spearding hate is the opposite of that solution. Muslims spreading hate gave birth to IS. Do you really want to do the same?

Over the years I have lost the faith in European multiculturalism as far as co-existence of liberal westerners and more conservative Muslims goes, I can't see any other solution than serious restrictions on migration and deportations of radicals.

A lot of the rise in radicalism has been caused by western countries messing around in Islamic world, and mass migration is the reason why this radicalism also affects European countries. Based on this perhaps the most effective solution would be keeping these two cultural spheres separate from each other as much as possible, and just concentrating on peaceful co-operation and trade with very limited migration between the two?

SOBHI51 wrote:

Perhaps I should have used the word "cult" instead. Obviously mainstream Islam isn't at fault here. Historically in the Middle Ages and so on Christian minorities were generally treated pretty decently in Islamic world, so the massacres committed by ISIS clearly have no real base in the mainstream interpretation of the religion. Yet such violent twisted interpretations have millions of followers (including those who aren't actual terrorists), and that is a significant problem.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
First Kiwirob can not prove that story,

Feel free to use Google.

It's up to him to prove his allegation.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:41 am

pvjin"
[quote="SOBHI51 wrote:

Perhaps I should have used the word "cult" instead. Obviously mainstream Islam isn't at fault here. Historically in the Middle Ages and so on Christian minorities were generally treated pretty decently in Islamic world, so the massacres committed by ISIS clearly have no real base in the mainstream interpretation of the religion. Yet such violent twisted interpretations have millions of followers (including those who aren't actual terrorists), and that is a significant problem.[/quote]

Come on, millions?? Lucky if they have 100.000 who believe in them, don't forget they killed thousands and thousands of Muslims whatever sect they are than any other religion.

RoySFlying

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:48 am

pvjin wrote:
In the good old days you either respected the law of the land or got kicked out of the land, or worse. That model worked much better than the modern European model of nearly endless tolerance of insults and disrespect towards laws and customs of the land. If I go abroad outside Europe and behave in a very disrespectful manner, in most countries I fully expect to get deported or jailed, we should do the same.

In the "good old days", you could expect to be "kicked out of the land, or worse" even if you did respect the laws and assimilate. And since when did respect for the local customs apply when in the "good old days people" settled overseas, in places like Australia, India, etc? Far from respecting local laws, Europeans imposed their own laws on the natives, killing millions in the process. Of course that doesn't justify or excuse unlawful behaviour by migrants to Europe or elsewhere today but it does highlight a double standard. Even today, many Europeans fail to respect local laws when they travel overseas.

We have Australians going to Malaysia and mooning at a grand prix, Britons going to Nepal and stripping naked on a mountain or going to a temple in Indonesia and taking selfies in the nude. Others visit and puke up in the streets after excessive alcohol consumption. Where is the respect there? Of course, none of it justifies migrants doing the same or worse in our countries but perhaps it is time that we practice what we preach.
When I was a boy the world was flat and now, some people still strive to keep it that way.

Flighty

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:55 am

Clergy cannot punish the accused in this life, but they CAN condemn the accused people's souls to hell. And anyone's including parents who taught them to hate.

I believe clergy should eagerly step forward to condemn fake-religious terrorists' souls to burn in hell. This would be a useful addition to our traditions and would strengthen society.

A religious set of beliefs that fails to condemn terrorist violence is not a valid set of religious beliefs, it is a criminal mindset. Ecclesiastical condemnation of terror should therefore be a requirement to be considered a religion. Sounds Orwellian but there you go. IRS already has requirements about what is and is not a valid religious organization.

Dutchy

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:38 am

pvjin wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Says somebody who sent a picture which implies that I'm a white power fanatic. As far as I can see you advocate nearly total cultural and social individualism, although in the area of economy you seem to hold more collectivist thoughts. Quite typical for a modern day leftist liberal who believes that there are a lot of rights and few responsibilities, especially when minorities are concerned.

You want total assimilation or people of other cultures have no business in Finland (in your case). That might not be exactly the same as a strict diversion based on color, but the principle is the same. Your views are extreme and are indeed diagonal to my views.

As far as your over simplified views about me, all I can say listen more carefully what I say and you will see that even your characterization is not correct.

MrHMSH

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 am

Jalap wrote:
It won't stop untill humans stop that mindless generalisation. Billions of muslims live in perfect peace, still you dare to make a statement like this.
Muslims read stuff like what you write and generalize all Westerners as being enemies of their identity. 0.0000001% could end up being terrorists and you'll feel like your point as been proven right. All hail to generalisation.

The honour killings, killing people for being gay, killing people for being the wrong kind of Muslim and discriminating against non-Muslims are all very peaceful. And just ignore the wars and conflicts that have been going on for a few odd centuries. Don't make the mistake of thinking the terrorism is the only problem with Islam.

Let me generalize: the percentage of terrorists worldwide being men vs female is far higher that the percentage being muslims vs other religions. Men are the problem! I see it so clearly now. All hail to generalisation.

People don't choose what gender they are born as, they do choose what ideology they follow. Which is why criticising Islam is fair game. If it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, maybe they should change it. It's up to them to do so, but I think they need that change, because stone-age thinking is not something I'm happy to tolerate or compromise on.

pvjin

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Come on, millions?? Lucky if they have 100.000 who believe in them, don't forget they killed thousands and thousands of Muslims whatever sect they are than any other religion.

Yes that's true as far as ISIS is concerned, but ideologies which promote extreme views (such as Wahhabism) do have quite a bit more followers.

RoySFlying wrote:
In the "good old days", you could expect to be "kicked out of the land, or worse" even if you did respect the laws and assimilate. And since when did respect for the local customs apply when in the "good old days people" settled overseas, in places like Australia, India, etc? Far from respecting local laws, Europeans imposed their own laws on the natives, killing millions in the process. Of course that doesn't justify or excuse unlawful behaviour by migrants to Europe or elsewhere today but it does highlight a double standard. Even today, many Europeans fail to respect local laws when they travel overseas.

We have Australians going to Malaysia and mooning at a grand prix, Britons going to Nepal and stripping naked on a mountain or going to a temple in Indonesia and taking selfies in the nude. Others visit and puke up in the streets after excessive alcohol consumption. Where is the respect there? Of course, none of it justifies migrants doing the same or worse in our countries but perhaps it is time that we practice what we preach.

True, I was mainly thinking about this from European perspective, about people moving within Europe. Of course European colonialists didn't respect local customs.

When I go abroad I always respect local customs and laws, I really can't do anything about some white trash tourists who don't do the same. However I believe every nation should have the right to imprison and deport any foreigners who show total disrespect towards laws and customs of the land. Many countries do this, and I think western countries should follow their example.

Dutchy wrote:
You want total assimilation or people of other cultures have no business in Finland (in your case). That might not be exactly the same as a strict diversion based on color, but the principle is the same. Your views are extreme and are indeed diagonal to my views.

Yes, I want assimilation in the sense that everybody should follow the same laws & common rules and those who live here should abandon ideas which are in strict conflict with those of Finnish mainstream, such as the idea that followers of some religion are worth less than others, or what women have less rights than men do. After complying with that people can pray, drink, eat, wear and celebrate whatever way they want, I don't mind. In fact I think foreign cultures have brought a lot of positive things to Finland, I enjoy meeting people of other cultures and regularly eat at ethnic restaurants.