727LOVER
Topic Author

NFL predictions for 2017

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:13 am

I guess this is by a USA Today writer

some highlights:

Dallas Cowboys (11-5): The league should be ready for Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott — assuming he isn't suspended — this time around; that celebrated O-line is breaking in two new starters; and the defense could be a hot mess. Still, there's no denying this club's offensive firepower. The Cowboys play four of their five November games at home, a good point to make a move in the standings.

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4): With the exception of an October foray to Kansas City, which concludes an opening stretch of four of six on the road, Pittsburgh's most challenging non-divisional games will occur at Heinz Field.

New England Patriots (16-0): Is it bold? Sure. Kinda. But it's not like Tom Brady hasn't gone 16-0 before ... (and, really, wouldn't he and Bill Belichick secretly love to add 19-0 to their otherwise incomparable resumes?). And from the FWIW department, Brady went 14-1 last season and appears to be surrounded by an even better cast now, especially if Rob Gronkowski is, in fact, back to 100%. The division should be a cakewalk, and even one of New England's toughest road games — against the Raiders — will be at a neutral site (Mexico City). The most difficult stretch comes from Weeks 13-15, when the Pats play at Buffalo, at Miami (where they typically struggle) and at Pittsburgh for a Monday nighter Dec. 17.

If you go 13-0, then you have locked up home field advantage in the playoffs---the 3 remaing games are meaningless. Unless, you're trying to go for the perfect season. But is that wise?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... 2-PID86723

Your thoughts?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

jetwet1

Re: NFL predictions for 2017

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:00 am

727LOVER wrote:

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4): With the exception of an October foray to Kansas City, which concludes an opening stretch of four of six on the road, Pittsburgh's most challenging non-divisional games will occur at Heinz Field.

Your thoughts?

It really comes down to how the Steelers handle Bell, with him holding out and the Steelers history of dealing with holdouts, can Conner really replace him ?

I'm interested in how the Raiders will perform, i've been a big Carr fan for a while and thought he was the steal of the draft when the Raiders took him in the 2nd round. With Al David no longer around to mess things up and Mark Davis camped out at the local PF Changs the Raiders may actually have a chance to do something.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 pm

727LOVER wrote:
INew England Patriots[/color] (16-0)

Well.....forget THAT
:spin:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okie

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:52 pm

727LOVER wrote:
New England Patriots (16-0): Is it bold? Sure. Kinda. But it's not like Tom Brady hasn't gone 16-0 before

Looks like the 16-0 Super Bowl Special jumped the tracks before the train left the station. :eyepopping:

Okie

ltbewr

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:07 am

727LOVER wrote:
I guess this is by a USA Today writer

some highlights:

New England Patriots (16-0): Is it bold? Sure. Kinda. But it's not like Tom Brady hasn't gone 16-0 before ... (and, really, wouldn't he and Bill Belichick secretly love to add 19-0 to their otherwise incomparable resumes?). And from the FWIW department, Brady went 14-1 last season and appears to be surrounded by an even better cast now, especially if Rob Gronkowski is, in fact, back to 100%. The division should be a cakewalk, and even one of New England's toughest road games — against the Raiders — will be at a neutral site (Mexico City). The most difficult stretch comes from Weeks 13-15, when the Pats play at Buffalo, at Miami (where they typically struggle) and at Pittsburgh for a Monday nighter Dec. 17.[/i]

If you go 13-0, then you have locked up home field advantage in the playoffs---the 3 remaing games are meaningless. Unless, you're trying to go for the perfect season. But is that wise?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... 2-PID86723

Your thoughts?

Ahem, NE lost the first game vs. KC. so have at least one loss for the season. Guess it will be a tougher route to the SB or playoffs and not automatic.

seb146

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 am

My prediction is my Buccaneers will have yet another mediocre season and Raiders fans will go nuts with every loss and cry about how great they will be in the Super Bowl with every win.

BTW, who is Super Bowl Halftime show this year?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

727LOVER
Topic Author

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:57 am

So....going back to the original link...how were the predictions?

Steelers were kind of dead-on. Bucs tanked.

Did someone go 0-16?

NIKV69

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 am

One thing nobody could have predicted. CHUCKY in Vegas!
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

steeler83

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:39 pm

727LOVER wrote:

Did someone go 0-16?

Yep... The Steelers defeated the Browns, ensuring that they'd finish the season winless. Heh, they started off the season losing to Pittsburgh; and they ended the season the way they started -- with a loss to Pittsburgh...

Ouchie.

I do feel bad for their receiver though. That ball was right in his hands, and he looked inconsolable after dropping that pass.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

ER757

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 pm

steeler83 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

Did someone go 0-16?

Yep... The Steelers defeated the Browns, ensuring that they'd finish the season winless. Heh, they started off the season losing to Pittsburgh; and they ended the season the way they started -- with a loss to Pittsburgh...

Ouchie.

I do feel bad for their receiver though. That ball was right in his hands, and he looked inconsolable after dropping that pass.

Yeah, that poor guy, I had to feel bad for him- pretty much summed up the Browns' season in a single play.
Playoffs should be interesting - I think any number of teams have a realistic shot at reaching the Super Bowl tis year, especially in the NFC. I also think the Pats are ripe for getting upset in the AFC. Hoping for new blood in the big game this year instead of the usual suspects, so will not be rooting for NE, ATL or PIT. Would be fun to see JAX, TN or even BUF make it on the AFC side and the Rams or MN on the NFC side. If the Vikings get in, it would be the first time in history that a team played the Super Bowl in their home stadium