jpetekyxmd80

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:

The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.

Very possibly the worst election analysis ive ever seen. You know you have to look at where votes are coming from, and turnout and stuff, right?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Tugger

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:36 am

But let's wait for this:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:
So, in a few hours we will come to know who becomes a senator. I am really interested in this, this a perfect example of party loyalty vs. all other values and norms we share. And if Moore does lose, I would be really eager in reading some tweets from that clown who happens to be sitting in the oval.

Here's what the first one would probably look like.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

DIRECTFLT

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 am

jetero wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Wow the write ins probably going to cost Moore this election. Shocking.

They probably all wrote in Cuomo.

Are you kidding... the die-hards wrote in George Wallace. :veryhappy:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

casinterest

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:
What was that again, Nikky V?

Remarkable comeback hard to believe a Democrat could do this. Now I wonder how liberal Jones votes once he is seated. Remember this seat is up in 2020.

Highly doubt he can keep it, but 2020 is going to be an interesting year across the board.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

NIKV69

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am

jetero wrote:

Remarkable comeback hard to believe a Democrat could do this. Now I wonder how liberal Jones votes once he is seated. Remember this seat is up in 2020.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

DIRECTFLT

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 am

Tugger wrote:
But let's wait for this:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:
So, in a few hours we will come to know who becomes a senator. I am really interested in this, this a perfect example of party loyalty vs. all other values and norms we share. And if Moore does lose, I would be really eager in reading some tweets from that clown who happens to be sitting in the oval.

Tugg

I'm waiting for the renege by the Democratic candidate, after he makes his concession speech.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seb146

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:

For the love of...

Just because someone has a (D) behind their name does not make them "liberal." To you all, the only thing that makes someone "liberal" is not agreeing with Fox or Breitbart or tRump or McConnell or the GOP as a whole. He is just a touch to the left of McCain. That does not make him "liberal" by any means.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:46 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Remarkable comeback hard to believe a Democrat could do this. .

Ok, this isnt an athletic event. In general, democratic votes come from more urban city areas which take longer to come in and its usually can they make up enough of the more rural numbers that hit earlier. Have you ever watched election coverage?

jetero

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:46 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Tugger wrote:
But let's wait for this:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Tugg

I'm waiting for the renege by the Democratic candidate, after he makes his concession speech.

Of course you are.

N867DA

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 am

http://cnn.it/2BYDPl6

Reaction from the Jones crowd when CNN calls it. Good job, Alabama for quieting the fears of millions of watchful Americans. Sanity won today, and maybe in a few years this blip with right wing populism with be a blip.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

jubguy3

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:

For the love of...

Just because someone has a (D) behind their name does not make them "liberal." To you all, the only thing that makes someone "liberal" is not agreeing with Fox or Breitbart or tRump or McConnell or the GOP as a whole. He is just a touch to the left of McCain. That does not make him "liberal" by any means.

Have we found a BernieBro?

DIRECTFLT

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 am

I wonder if Moore will call for a recount... to find out how many dead and out of state Dems voted in this election. :smile:

NIKV69

seb146 wrote:

For the love of...

I didn't say he was Liberal I said how Liberal he votes. Meaning the next two years. Read my posts before you respond. He has to run again in 2020 and his voting record will be scrutinized. If he lets Schumer bully him into towing the line then he will be a liberal.
Last edited by NIKV69 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

jubguy3

NIKV69 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
NYT model predicting a Jones win. I'm not gonna hold my breath and will probably wake up tomorrow to find out who ended up winning. This is going into the night. And even then, the results may be so close that a recount is likely. And even if there's no recount, McConnell already said that they won't seat the winner until after the holidays (don't you just love the turtle man?).

That being said, exit polls revealed an interesting picture. Trump's net approval rating is 0...48-48 approval rating in the state.

The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.

The race is over. Jones has over 49.7% of the vote with just about 95% of the votes in. Moore can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can mourn over their loss. At least the seat switches to the party of Not-Pedophiles. That's the important thing.

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 am

MSNBC finally calls it, but says Jones is the apparent winner (i.e., barring any other issue, Jones will win).

Congratulations Sen-elect Jones, and congratulations and thank you, Alabama, for showing that country CAN come before party. May Jones turn your reputation around.
Last edited by einsteinboricua on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 am

Have on Fox News... lot of blame going towards Mitch McConnell and the 'establishment' for this humiliation.

Seriously.

How fucking stupid/pathetic can these people get?

Ken777

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 am

Even Senat9or McConnell has called this for Jones.

One obvious key for this election were the Write Ins. Moore is down by 10K and Write Ins are 22+K. That clearly shows the price of molesting young girls and may well have an influence in the 2018 Election.

jubguy3

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Have on Fox News... lot of blame going towards Mitch McConnell and the 'establishment' for this humiliation.

Seriously.

How fucking stupid/pathetic can these people get?

What, you mean voters are averse to child rapists? Blasphemy!

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 am

For Republicans, it may not seem like it, but this is probably a good thing. Moore was a VERY flawed candidate, and there was going to be a chance he would not have been seated even if he'd won, making the Senate a circus and adding oxygen to stories of sexual abuse scandals, like those that are being stirred up again around the President. The GOP can focus on getting Alabama in their rear view, let Jones finish out Sessions' term, and then focus on taking it back in the general election in 2020, during a presidential race in a very red state.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 am

EA CO AS wrote:
For Republicans, it may not seem like it, but this is probably a good thing. Moore was a VERY flawed candidate, and there was going to be a chance he would not have been seated even if he'd won, making the Senate a circus and adding oxygen to stories of sexual abuse scandals, like those that are being stirred up again around the President. The GOP can focus on getting Alabama in their rear view, let Jones finish out Sessions' term, and then focus on taking it back in the general election in 2020, during a presidential race in a very red state.

Maybe so , but there is absolutely no doubt this was a very bad night for Donald Trump.

jubguy3

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:02 am

EA CO AS wrote:

Cognitive Dissonance. The issue is that whatever is happening to Republicans is bad in the first place. They just lost a senate seat in ALABAMA. Maybe the Republican party should focus on not trying to elect child rapists before they try to spin Moore's loss as good...

jubguy3

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I wonder if Moore will call for a recount... to find out how many dead and out of state Dems voted in this election. :smile:

Maybe your corrupt judges shouldn't have ordered that it was okay to erase digital voting records if you wanted to do an audit? Everything that goes around comes around and voter suppression is coming to bite you in the ass.

N867DA

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am

EA CO AS wrote:

Absolutely. The ideological composition of the state hasn't changed a bit. The seat will almost certainly go Republican in 2020.

This is akin to Massachusetts sending a Republican to the Senate in 2010. Voter apathy, and in this case, fielding an absolutely disgusting scumbag of a candidate cost Republicans this seat. The silver lining is that the Republican base is more energized and this is a shot across the bow that they are not bulletproof after winning big in 2016. It'll drive conservatives to the polls in greater numbers next year to "make sure it doesn't happen again". The wild card is Trump, who is irrational and enough of a blowhard to rile Democrats to vote.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

DIRECTFLT

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am

jubguy3 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Maybe your corrupt judges shouldn't have ordered that it was okay to erase digital voting records if you wanted to do an audit? Everything that goes around comes around and voter suppression is coming to bite you in the ass.

I suspect even more Democratic seats will be lost to sexual scandals. It's going around, and it's coming around. :lol:

jetero

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:09 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I suspect even more Democratic seats will be lost to sexual scandals. It's going around, and it's coming around. :lol:

Of course you do.

Tugger

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:09 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

That depends on it is they are gay sexual scandals... those seem to mostly involve Republican's (apologies to all my gay friends and family).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:10 am

Jones's stars all aligned:
1. GOP turnout was significantly down across the state.
2. Black turnout in the Black Belt surpassed even 2008 election.
3. Moore underperformed his 2012 Chief Justice election.
4. Jones outperformed Clinton's performance in 2016.

Of course, having Moore and his allegations helped considerably.

Off topic: Moore refuses to concede because...wait for it..foul play!

NIKV69

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 am

One good thing is that Franken has to resign now.

jetero

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 am

NIKV69 wrote:
One good thing is that Franken has to resign now.

Do DF and you apply that standard to the P*ssy-Grabber-in-Chief?

Of course not. Why do I even ask?

kaitak

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 am

Ah, this gives me a very warm feeling inside! I don't know if it's the fact that the reddest of red states voting in a Republican, the fact that - for all of the pressure put on them -they simply could not countenance Moore, or Trump's puerile response to the loss (how unlike him!) ... maybe a combination of all three.

I believe this now means that the US Senate is now 50/50. Maybe DJ has to face re-election in 2020, but this hopefully brings Trump closer to being the lame duck that he's likely to be from next November.

Good luck with the voter fraud thing, Don!

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 am

kaitak wrote:
Ah, this gives me a very warm feeling inside! I don't know if it's the fact that the reddest of red states voting in a Republican, the fact that - for all of the pressure put on them -they simply could not countenance Moore, or Trump's puerile response to the loss (how unlike him!) ... maybe a combination of all three.

I believe this now means that the US Senate is now 50/50. Maybe DJ has to face re-election in 2020, but this hopefully brings Trump closer to being the lame duck that he's likely to be from next November.

Good luck with the voter fraud thing, Don!

Nope. The Senate will change to 49-51, GOP led. BUT that means McConnell better placate Collins, Murkowski, and Flake, among others lest he lose their votes.

At least Trump graciously conceded and congratulated Doug Jones.

flyingturtle

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Well, just a thought here. In any state where there are strict voter ID laws, a recount should be illegal.

Because, duh, the dead and out-of-state voters were properly identified before they cast their votes. :old:

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

NIKV69

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 am

Charles Barkley just said Alabama has rednecks and ignorant people. How rich.

jetero

NIKV69 wrote:
Charles Barkley just Alabama has rednecks and ignorant people. How rich.

Great sentence structure Nikky V, are you suffering from Trump Disease?

Ken777

N867DA wrote:
Absolutely. The ideological composition of the state hasn't changed a bit. The seat will almost certainly go Republican in 2020.

The GOP faces problems that might keep them from taking the seat back. First is the growth in the Black vote. Democrats in all Southern states will be watching this and start planning to get as many Blacks registered as possible. The GOP obstruction of the black and brown voters may well get hit with legal challenges. Alabama Blacks tonight told America that Blacks CAN vote and NEED to vote.

The GOP has another problem for 2020, and maybe 2018. The GOP hand out to the wealthy and attacks after the first of the year on the sick and elderly can be a political killer.

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 am

flyingturtle wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Well, just a thought here. In any state where there are strict voter ID laws, a recount should be illegal.

Because, duh, the dead and out-of-state voters were properly identified before they cast their votes. :old:

David

No arguing with DIRECTFLT. He's grasping at straws because his bubble was burst tonight. In a state with strict voter ID (and thought to have depressed turnout to a certain extent), you'd think that out of state Democrats (who are scarce in all 4 states that surround AL) would be immediately turned back. But of course, it's easy to ignore that little detail because it fits the storyline he's trying to push.
Last edited by einsteinboricua on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

727LOVER

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 am

Has Roy Moore conceded ?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

bagoldex

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Charles Barkley just said Alabama has rednecks and ignorant people. How rich.

Was he wrong?

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Charles Barkley just Alabama has rednecks and ignorant people. How rich.

How blasphemous! Why on earth would he say such a thing?

Also Barkley is fairly conservative on many things.

casinterest

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 am

Wow, I am already seeing the hints of it on TV and the Web. The GOP is going to turn on Bannon and Trump harshly, over the next few weeks.

casinterest

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 am

Roy Moore is not going to concede. Down by 1.5 points. Scumbag.

727LOVER

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 am

Roy Moore is NOT conceding
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

NIKV69

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 am

casinterest wrote:
Roy Moore is not going to concede. Down by 1.5 points. Scumbag.

Pretty classless at least Hillary made the phone call.

Jetty

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

Fake news!

The actual Tweet:
Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

OA412 wrote:
If they elect him? This is Alabama, where no matter what you've done, no matter who you are, having a (D) next to your name is a bigger sin than pedophilia. He will absolutely win.

Now we know who's predictions are absolutely worthless.

NIKV69 wrote:

:roll:

N867DA wrote:
Party over country. Always.

Don't trust people that make uninformed statements. Never.

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 am

Moore claims there are still ballots coming in from military members. Fair enough. However, unless there are over 20,000 ballots coming in all for Moore and none for Jones, their claims are unsubstantiated.

This may be farfetched, but I wouldn't be surprised if they delay certifying the election until February because ballots are still arriving (even though every state has a "postmark by" date) or there are claims of irregularities in counties that ended going for Jones.

LittleFokker

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 am

727LOVER wrote:

Of course he wouldn't. That asshole wouldn't conceed even if he had lost by 30 points. When you shape your whole life around the denial of reality, you don't do traditionally proper things. Hell, I bet Moore has convinced himself that he's won by 10 points.

He is a dangerously evil person and deserves to be in jail and/or insane asylum.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 am

LittleFokker wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

Of course he wouldn't. That asshole wouldn't conceed even if he had lost by 30 points. When you shape your whole life around the denial of reality, you don't do traditionally proper things. Hell, I bet Moore has convinced himself that he's won by 10 points.

He is a dangerously evil person and deserves to be in jail and/or insane asylum.

And don't be surprised if Trump loses in 2020 by a large margin as well and he refuses to accept defeat. Of course, there's nothing he could do if the SoS certify their states' results...except Kansas's Kris Kobach if he remains as SOS.

casinterest

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 am

Didn't have to wait 25 minutes to hear from the Alabama Secretary of State. CNN was already in his office. Where was Fox News?

Seems Fox news is the true king of Fake news.

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 am

Jetty wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Fake news!

The actual Tweet:
Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

You CLEARLY didn't read the whole post or else you would have seen the disclaimer at the top before the fake Tweet. :roll:

NIKV69

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 am

Jetty wrote:
Don't trust people that make uninformed statements. Never.

Unless they are in your party right?

"We have to pass the bill to see what is in it"

"Conyers is an icon"

I get it.