AA747123
Topic Author
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Since it is not fundamentally easy for Trump to fire Mueller, he can however cut off his funding to be able to progress in his witch hunt of an investigation against the Trump administration and his campaign leaders. The arrests of Manafort and Papadapolis are without merit, and they will be found not guilty in a court of law.
For the unity of our country, these so called Russia collision investigations must immediately stop so President Trump can get back to leading this country.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7610
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

No

Image
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:02 pm

AA747123 wrote:
The arrests of Manafort and Papadapolis are without merit, and they will be found not guilty in a court of law.


Ex-Trump advisor George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents, authorities reveal
Enough said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/ex-trum ... gents.html

So what is your purpose to frame it like this and ask this specific question? Whom paid you to ask this bogus leading question?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
wingman
Posts: 3335
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

As Dutchy pointed out, the one jackwagon already pleaded guilty so it begs the question...how exactly do you make it through daily life? Are you absorbing the warnings you see on traffic signs? I only ask because you sure as shit don't absorb the news. In fact you read it and then post the exact opposite of the truth. So I naturally worry that when you see a sign that says "WRONG WAY" posted on a freeway ramp maybe you think that's the right way to go. You could get yourself killed or kill others. Being this obtuse is dangerous.
 
seb146
Posts: 16623
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:29 am

So when Republicans were on a witch hunt against Obama and Hillary, spending billions of dollars to find out nothing, not a peep from you. But, an actual legal expert who knows crime and the law finds the law was broken, you suddenly are angry.

wow...
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Siren
Posts: 731
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:50 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:03 am

This is simply how the modern Republicans operate. There is no basis in reality or truth. The only truth to them is whatever is politically convenient at the moment. That can change in 30 minutes time, but they never contradicted themselves.

Russia took the easy opportunity to f—k with the United States of America in general, sowing polarization and societal discord, and installing an easily manipulated, dim, narcissist lapdog as President.

The ease with which they did it and the likelihood that it did make a real difference in the presidential election is most disturbing. When and if all the facts come out into full light, Trump will be seen as even more an illegitimate “victor” of the 2016 election than he does today. I hope Mueller gets cracking on with his investigation, and the whole administration gets thrown in prison for collusion. Papadopoulos admitted collusion with Russia originating at the very top of the food chain, and despite Trump's pathetic attempts to disown him, a coffee boy doesn't exchange emails with the chair of the campaign on a daily basis updating them on his Russian success, and so on. Further, Papadopoulos' testimony opens Sessions up to perjury charges, as he clearly lied under oath during his confirmation hearing....

Further and further down the rabbit hole...
Siren: single white female based @ KLAX. Aviation nerd, political wonk, disability rights activist, German car enthusiast
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 11159
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 am

What are these right wing wacko's on. Is it in the water, or are they in an alternate universe? Lead the country????
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6312
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 am

Tugger wrote:
Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

No

Image

YES! Let Trump cut off Mueller's funding. Then an obstruction of justice charge can be filed and he can finally be impeached.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 am

AA747123 wrote:
and they will be found not guilty in a court of law..


so you didn´t read the indictment i guess. They build a pretty solid tax evasion/money laundering case in the millions. Unless they seriously cooperated in the investigation, they are looking at a probably fairly long time in Prison for that alone.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 am

If he cuts the funding it would be an admission of guilt. Basically it's the same with Trump's tweets complaining about the investigation.
It's a clear sign that Trumpie boy is feeling that they are catching up on him.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6517
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:30 am

Trump has the legal right to do it.
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 am

And Manafort is screwed anyways, because his case revolves around financial records, so there is a massive paperwork trail involved here. I think a number of former prosecutors have said on the air that based upon the documents filed, this is a pretty open and shut case; Manafort would need one hell of a defence to explain away all of the thousands of pages of financial records involved, otherwise, it's a guaranteed conviction.

I think I remember one analysis of the court documents filed showed that Manafort in one loan application stated his wealth at one number, then on another loan application within the same month, stated it at a much lower number, then again on a credit application, stated his wealth at a much higher number.

And it wasn't chump change; the numbers showed his declared net worth to have fluctuated up and down by millions of dollars within a few weeks (or days, even). One week he said he was worth $60 million. Another week, $15 million. Yet another week $30 million. That should raise a ton of eyebrows for the FBI and IRS.
 
WIederling
Posts: 6045
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 am

Siren wrote:
Russia took the easy opportunity to f—k with the United States of America in general, sowing polarization and societal discord, and installing an easily manipulated, dim, narcissist lapdog as President.


As far as I can see the GOP and their associates did that all to themselves or the USA ( however you look at it.).

Or do you think that all the derailments from various mad hatter interest groups
are also the creative work of one Vladimir Putin? Lady! (?) what kind of reach!
Alexander the Great completely declassed.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 pm

AA747123 wrote:
For the unity of our country, these so called Russia collision investigations must immediately stop so President Trump can get back to leading this country.


And why isn't Trump "leading this country" right now? What stops him from doing so? You frame this as if the investigation is interfering with his ability to be president. But I don't see Congress or foreign leaders refusing to do business with the President while he's under investigation. So what gives?

This sounds like an empty phrase to me. You want people to turn away from an investigation that has uncovered obvious high crimes that raise serious criminal concerns about Trump's inner circle and Trump himself.

Furthermore, we are witnessing a person who, as far as I'm concerned, stole the presidency with the aid of the Republican Party and Russian operatives. I am witnessing a person who is proving to be completely incompetent, ineffectual in leading our country. I am witnessing a person who demonstrates serious mental/emotional deficiencies and leaves our country exposed to dangers because of his inability to function in a job that requires intellectual clarity, a capacity for nuance and the need for maturity and wisdom.

...but you're arguing for the "unity" of the country.

Spare me.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
Flighty
Posts: 9213
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:18 pm

I think it is a healthy tension. If these Trump guys want to be in power, let us make sure they are not criminals.

However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab. Trump was elected as president. There is a collection of forces that believe they have the right to retire Trump, because the president does not align with their interests. A selective prosecution is not much better than harassment. It is primarily not law enforcement, but a power grab against the people. And I didn't vote for Trump, I just have a certain amount of respect for our process (and I believe Trump did too). He campaigned effectively to win and he did win. It is interesting how that confuses people. Actually I don't think they are confused; they just want to grasp power anyway outside the constitutional process.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7610
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Flighty wrote:
I think it is a healthy tension. If these Trump guys want to be in power, let us make sure they are not criminals.

However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab. Trump was elected as president. There is a collection of forces that believe they have the right to retire Trump, because the president does not align with their interests. A selective prosecution is not much better than harassment. It is primarily not law enforcement, but a power grab against the people. And I didn't vote for Trump, I just have a certain amount of respect for our process (and I believe Trump did too). He campaigned effectively to win and he did win. It is interesting how that confuses people. Actually I don't think they are confused; they just want to grasp power anyway outside the constitutional process.

Of course this has been done on all sides for a looooong time. It is not just now and not just Trump that is being attacked or experiencing this. It has happened in many presidency's. Even when a president is wholly innocent of what is being investigated, the big question is: Will such an investigation create a situation where the president will make a false statement, lie, about something else?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Flighty wrote:
However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab. Trump was elected as president. There is a collection of forces that believe they have the right to retire Trump, because the president does not align with their interests.


Really? Who wants to "retire" Trump because he doesn't align with their interests? Who and how many?

This is a straw man argument. In other words, you've invented a group of people and you've invented flawed motives for this invented group just so you can tear them down. I would argue there are very few who are attempting to oust Trump because they don't agree with his policies. Many citizens in the U.S. - myself included - want this investigation to continue because there is evidence far and wide that Trump, Trump's inner circle and Trump's campaign staff were involved in corruption, including working with foreign agents to win an election. Plenty of evidence. Many citizens question whether Trump was legitimately elected. These concerns are supported by evidence and therefore valid.

Do not trivialize this investigation.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Flighty wrote:
I think it is a healthy tension. If these Trump guys want to be in power, let us make sure they are not criminals.


Turns out his notion of getting only the best people so far means criminals and people without qualification for the job ....

However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab. Trump was elected as president. There is a collection of forces that believe they have the right to retire Trump, because the president does not align with their interests.


What selective prosecution are you making up? If anyone can complain about that, it would be Hillary Clinton, after all she was selectively gone after at about 100 Mio USD tax payer expense only to find out that she has done nothing criminal. The Trump administration has inner circle people indicted after just five month ....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
Flighty
Posts: 9213
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:36 pm

I mean if there is a special prosecutor investigating your paperwork with a team of lawyers, you will probably be indicted too. But there isn't. Even Manafort was in the clear and would not have faced this legal scrutiny. He is being investigated because politicians are mad that Trump beat Hillary. So Manafort now faces a millions of dollars in legal fees just to participate in the justice process. The same thing happened to the Clintons 20 years ago. Is this different from that, maybe, but there's absolutely no indication of that yet.

Let us not forget, Clinton WAS impeached...
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Flighty wrote:
I mean if there is a special prosecutor investigating your paperwork with a team of lawyers, you will probably be indicted too.


I am pretty sure i wouldn´t. I do pay my taxes, and that isn´t for lack of under the table cash offers (usually from Asian suppliers).

So i am assuming you have undeclared income and are guilty of tax fraut since you are so sure they would find something...

Even Manafort was in the clear and would not have faced this legal scrutiny. He is being investigated because politicians are mad that Trump beat Hillary. .


Wrong again. The legal scrutiny while he was on the team currently being investigated for the chance of colluding with the Russian government and that started when it still seemed like Hilary would win.

Classical case of a criminal trying to go legit and taking a bite too large.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Flighty wrote:
I mean if there is a special prosecutor investigating your paperwork with a team of lawyers, you will probably be indicted too. But there isn't. Even Manafort was in the clear and would not have faced this legal scrutiny. He is being investigated because politicians are mad that Trump beat Hillary. So Manafort now faces a millions of dollars in legal fees just to participate in the justice process. The same thing happened to the Clintons 20 years ago. Is this different from that, maybe, but there's absolutely no indication of that yet.

Let us not forget, Clinton WAS impeached...


Wow, what a sad argument. If a special prosecutor investigated my paperwork I would be just fine. And most people would be. Most people do not launder money. Most people do not work as agents for foreign parties and then lie about said relationships. Evidence suggests Manafort made millions illegally and off the backs of American citizens. Most people do not have three or four passports with fake names and numbers. This isn't about Trump beating Clinton. This is about the rule of law. This is about corruption. This is about an illegitimate presidency.

Your argument is so sad, so riddled with assumptions you cannot support via citation. You are hearing new revelations every day, each day bringing evidence that is more damning. And yet you are so partisan in your thinking you cannot see it.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7610
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Flighty wrote:
Let us not forget, Clinton WAS impeached...

Yes, but not for any crime that was the basis of the original investigation. If Trump did/does the same, lies the public and the prosecutor, then the same fate could befall him. I truly don't know where this will go.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Flighty
Posts: 9213
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Tax law is very complicated. It is likely you all fail to comply in numerous ways, if examined by a team of seasoned experts. In fact I doubt more even 1% of people fully comply to the penny. To do so would require a lifetime of legal scholarship and a large team.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Flighty wrote:
Tax law is very complicated.


that is why i pay someone to declare my taxes for me.

It is likely you all fail to comply in numerous ways, if examined by a team of seasoned experts..


Funny that i got through all the 3 tax audits in my life without any problems.... and i did have some income from foreign companies, residing in a country without a double tax agreement in place, while working in Germany, which is as much a mine field in terms of taxes as you can get.
I am sure many people on this forum had they taxes reviewed by experts without any problems as well.

And the guy we are talking about got millions in undeclared income, it is not like you can accidentally forget that large account you use to pay houses, clothing and other status symbols.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
seb146
Posts: 16623
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Flighty wrote:
I think it is a healthy tension. If these Trump guys want to be in power, let us make sure they are not criminals.

However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab. Trump was elected as president. There is a collection of forces that believe they have the right to retire Trump, because the president does not align with their interests. A selective prosecution is not much better than harassment. It is primarily not law enforcement, but a power grab against the people. And I didn't vote for Trump, I just have a certain amount of respect for our process (and I believe Trump did too). He campaigned effectively to win and he did win. It is interesting how that confuses people. Actually I don't think they are confused; they just want to grasp power anyway outside the constitutional process.


The Republican party used similar tactics with Obama. For eight years, all we heard from the right was how he was taking too many vacations, ruling by decree, and surrounded by bad people. We actually have all of that right now and those same people are simply plugging their ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" and "nothing to see here, move along..." Even social media giants are admitting that Russia helped these people get into office. Putin himself is telling Americans we have to respect the leadership. But, Republicans still insist that nothing is wrong.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7610
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Flighty wrote:
Tax law is very complicated. It is likely you all fail to comply in numerous ways, if examined by a team of seasoned experts. In fact I doubt more even 1% of people fully comply to the penny. To do so would require a lifetime of legal scholarship and a large team.

False. My family gets audited basically every year, while there may be some tiny findings this year for example there were none. A well thought out tax plan and proper filing (by a two person tax law office) is fine.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Ken777
Posts: 9545
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Cut off funding and several things will only speed up the Indictment of that Presidential POS.
 
bhill
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Flighty wrote:
Tax law is very complicated. It is likely you all fail to comply in numerous ways, if examined by a team of seasoned experts. In fact I doubt more even 1% of people fully comply to the penny. To do so would require a lifetime of legal scholarship and a large team.


Read the indictment/charges...I think 99% of citizens would not lose all their shit over it...including one's home.....even then, an honest mistake, likenot understanding a question on the 1040...the IRS will work with you...not through yer ass in jail..AND take all yer shit....
Carpe Pices
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 am

Tugger wrote:
Flighty wrote:
Let us not forget, Clinton WAS impeached...

Yes, but not for any crime that was the basis of the original investigation. If Trump did/does the same, lies the public and the prosecutor, then the same fate could befall him. I truly don't know where this will go.

It was also, you know, not the same Clinton.

So there's that.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 am

treetreeseven wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Flighty wrote:
Let us not forget, Clinton WAS impeached...

Yes, but not for any crime that was the basis of the original investigation. If Trump did/does the same, lies the public and the prosecutor, then the same fate could befall him. I truly don't know where this will go.

It was also, you know, not the same Clinton.

So there's that.


you are assuming that a woman has a will on her own, an assumption not every "conservative" will share.

On the bright side: "Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Charge Mike Flynn, Trump’s Former National Security Adviser"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mu ... mg00000009

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
D L X
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 3:30 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:27 pm

seahawk wrote:
Trump has the legal right to do it.

No. Trump has no legal right to cut off funding. The president does not make the laws.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6517
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 pm

D L X wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Trump has the legal right to do it.

No. Trump has no legal right to cut off funding. The president does not make the laws.


The president has the control over the budget of the DoJ.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm

seahawk wrote:
D L X wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Trump has the legal right to do it.

No. Trump has no legal right to cut off funding. The president does not make the laws.


The president has the control over the budget of the DoJ.

No, he doesn't. Congress appropriates the money, and the executive decides how to spend it within the appropriation bill. Normal rules also don't apply with a special prosecutor.

Flighty wrote:
However, randomly placing an individual in a massive investigation is also an intimidation tactic / power grab.

Let's not forget that Trump's own DOJ "randomly placed" Mueller to the position of special counsel. This isn't some witch hunt instigated by democrats. If Trump tried to interfere, he would do so at his own peril. It would be a blatant obstruction of justice whether or not there was justice to obstruct — he would be guilty in the court of public opinion, which is very relevant in politics. Congress can't kill the investigation either, not without tacking on a rider to an appropriations bill, which is something that has little Congressional support. Most Congressional leaders have made it clear that if Trump were to interfere, then Congress would reappoint Mueller to continue his investigation. It would be a serious escalation of the situation, and that's why Trump's own lawyers are urging him not to interfere.

AA747123 wrote:
The arrests of Manafort and Papadapolis are without merit, and they will be found not guilty in a court of law.

They would not have obtained indictments from a grand jury without meeting the burden of proof. Papadapolis has already plead guilty, and the charges against Manafort and Gates were already affirmed by a jury. To say the charges are without merit is 100% incorrect, because they would not have attained grand jury indictments or a guilty plea if that were the case. A grand jury isn't just some box to tick...it's a jury composed of citizens who evaluate the evidence presented to them to determine if enough evidence exists to proceed to trial. Clearly those individuals saw merit, or they wouldn't have issued the indictments.

People who are convinced Mueller is in any way partisan or politically motivated in his investigation are extremely misinformed. He has had bipartisan support not only from the start of the investigation, but for the duration of his career. None of his decisions or the decisions from the investigative team have appeared to be politically motivated, and it's clear to those who actually read the indictments that there is an abundance of evidence supporting the charges.

But none of what I'm saying matters, because it seems that some people are so firmly entrenched in their beliefs that they've become impervious to rational discussion.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6312
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm

seahawk wrote:
D L X wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Trump has the legal right to do it.

No. Trump has no legal right to cut off funding. The president does not make the laws.


The president has the control over the budget of the DoJ.

You need to go back to Civics 101. Congress appropriates the money, sets the budget for the agencies, and tells the Executive Branch how the money should be spent. There's a reason the oath of office for POTUS says "...faithfully execute the laws...". A budget is a law which the POTUS must comply with.

If Congress sets aside money to protect a national park and the POTUS diverts that money elsewhere, they'd be breaking the law.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
You need to go back to Civics 101.


You know, I really wish people would dispense with these little insults. What is the purpose?

As far as I can tell from what I have read, neither the President nor Congress has the power to de-fund this investigation. Or, at best, it would be extremely difficult. The monies used by the Mueller investigation were approved long ago by a budget that appropriated funding to the Justice Department. The Justice Department has a whole lot of latitude over how they use said monies. To cut off the investigation financially, Congress might have to cut off a significant amount of $$$ needed to run the Justice Department, which doesn't seem realistic.

Here's an article I found on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/ ... index.html
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Former Attorney General Eric Holder called for "mass, popular, peaceful" protest from the American public if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fired amid reports that Trump's transition lawyers are saying Mueller obtained emails illegally.

When operative Eric Holder calls for protests if Trump fires Mueller, then it's time to fire Mueller.

Thanks for the tip Eric!!

ABSOLUTE RED LINE: the firing of Bob Mueller or crippling the special counsel’s office. If removed or meaningfully tampered with, there must be mass, popular, peaceful support of both. The American people must be seen and heard - they will ultimately be determinative.

https://twitter.com/EricHolder/statuses ... 8165747712

https://www.axios.com/eric-holder-firing-mueller-is-absolute-red-line-reason-for-protest-2518225816.html
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
salttee
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
When operative Eric Holder calls for protests if Trump fires Mueller, then it's time to fire Mueller.


I assume you mean "Deep State operative" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
 
D L X
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 3:30 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:49 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder called for "mass, popular, peaceful" protest from the American public if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fired amid reports that Trump's transition lawyers are saying Mueller obtained emails illegally.

When operative Eric Holder calls for protests if Trump fires Mueller, then it's time to fire Mueller.

Thanks for the tip Eric!!

ABSOLUTE RED LINE: the firing of Bob Mueller or crippling the special counsel’s office. If removed or meaningfully tampered with, there must be mass, popular, peaceful support of both. The American people must be seen and heard - they will ultimately be determinative.

https://twitter.com/EricHolder/statuses ... 8165747712

https://www.axios.com/eric-holder-firing-mueller-is-absolute-red-line-reason-for-protest-2518225816.html

You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4405
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 am

It's quite clear that Trump is desperate to get rid of Mueller... but claiming that he got emails illegally after being the one on stage clamoring for Russia to illegally hack Hillary's emails, now that's quite rich. Too bad Trump supporters are impervious to irony.

I just wonder why Trump is so eager to get rid of that investigation. If it is indeed a made up story as he claims, and if he has nothing to hide, why is he so afraid? Why won't he let Mueller prove his innocence once and for all instead of behaving like he is desperate to hide from something?

Don't tell me... rhetorical.
:sarcastic:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 am

D L X wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder called for "mass, popular, peaceful" protest from the American public if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fired amid reports that Trump's transition lawyers are saying Mueller obtained emails illegally.

When operative Eric Holder calls for protests if Trump fires Mueller, then it's time to fire Mueller.

Thanks for the tip Eric!!

ABSOLUTE RED LINE: the firing of Bob Mueller or crippling the special counsel’s office. If removed or meaningfully tampered with, there must be mass, popular, peaceful support of both. The American people must be seen and heard - they will ultimately be determinative.

https://twitter.com/EricHolder/statuses ... 8165747712

https://www.axios.com/eric-holder-firing-mueller-is-absolute-red-line-reason-for-protest-2518225816.html

You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?


I thought I made that plain enough. I want Mueller fired because 'Fast & Furious' Eric Holder doesn't want Mueller fired.

Something smells in the Beltway, and it's the FBI and their past dealings with Democrats.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 am

D L X wrote:
You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?


because there is this nagging voice in his head telling him that Trump and his team did collude with Russia in a conspiracy against the United States and their only shot at that not being exposed and becoming an undeniable fact is to shut down the investigation somehow.

Logically, anyone honestly thinking there was no collusion should root for the investigation to run its cause unopposed, unhindered and well budgeted, because their hero can only come out squeaky clean, right?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
D L X
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 3:30 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
D L X wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder called for "mass, popular, peaceful" protest from the American public if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is fired amid reports that Trump's transition lawyers are saying Mueller obtained emails illegally.

When operative Eric Holder calls for protests if Trump fires Mueller, then it's time to fire Mueller.

Thanks for the tip Eric!!

ABSOLUTE RED LINE: the firing of Bob Mueller or crippling the special counsel’s office. If removed or meaningfully tampered with, there must be mass, popular, peaceful support of both. The American people must be seen and heard - they will ultimately be determinative.

https://twitter.com/EricHolder/statuses ... 8165747712

https://www.axios.com/eric-holder-firing-mueller-is-absolute-red-line-reason-for-protest-2518225816.html

You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?


I thought I made that plain enough. I want Mueller fired because 'Fast & Furious' Eric Holder doesn't want Mueller fired.

Something smells in the Beltway, and it's the FBI and their past dealings with Democrats.

What you "made plain enough" was also ridiculously stupid. If you like Trump, the investigation is good for you as it will exonerate him, unless you believe that he actually is a crook.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 am

tommy1808 wrote:
D L X wrote:
You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?


because there is this nagging voice in his head telling him that Trump and his team did collude with Russia in a conspiracy against the United States and their only shot at that not being exposed and becoming an undeniable fact is to shut down the investigation somehow.

best regards
Thomas


Well, NO actually. I do not have "this nagging voice in my head telling me that Trump and his team did collude with Russia in a conspiracy against the United States and their only shot at that not being exposed and becoming an undeniable fact is to shut down the investigation somehow."
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7684
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
D L X wrote:
You like Trump, right? If you do, why I’m earth would you want the special counsel fired?


because there is this nagging voice in his head telling him that Trump and his team did collude with Russia in a conspiracy against the United States and their only shot at that not being exposed and becoming an undeniable fact is to shut down the investigation somehow.

best regards
Thomas


Well, NO actually. I do not have "this nagging voice in my head telling me that Trump and his team did collude with Russia in a conspiracy against the United States and their only shot at that not being exposed and becoming an undeniable fact is to shut down the investigation somehow."


So you know he is guilty and just want him to get away with it. Good to know.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3157
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 am

Potentially quite juicy! According to this random set of tweets, the transition team could be in pretty deep trouble:

I've read the full letter Trump transition team attorneys sent to legislators re: Mueller obtaining their emails. It has a delicious reveal.

1/



As we now know:
1) Mueller obtained ALL of the emails sent to/from Trump transition team accounts
2) The Trump gang only realized this after Mueller's team seemed to know all about their emails
3) This made them quite... upset

2/


4) Thier lawyers then wrote the letter in the link to congressmen complaining about just how upsetting all of this is.
Here's the classically amusing reveal in the letter...

3/


Earlier this year, Trump appointed the top attorney at the office responsible for providing all the electronics and email accounts the Trump transition team used. That attorney's name was Richard Backler.

4/


Now, as background, Backler was a white collar criminal defense attorney before his appointment. He helped rich criminals beat government convictions for a firm with a name you'll find familiar.
Bracewell & Giuliani.

5/


So, Trump appointed Backler and then Backler went and ensured Trump transition team attorneys that he would not allow his org (the GSA) to provide any of their emails to investigators. One problem: Backler fell ill and ultimately passed away.

6/


So, until Mueller's crew started asking Trump aides about those emails, they had absolutely no idea Mueller had them because they thought Trump's guy on the inside was running interference for them. Let that one sink in.

7/


Trump and his flunkies thought their friend at the GSA had locked their emails away *literally* in a vault no one could get to...They thought their bodies were all buried.

8/


As a result, Trump's people walked into their interviews with Mueller and team with a completely false sense of confidence that he didn't know what he already knew in spades. They thought he was fishing. He was just reeling fish in.

9/


Can you imagine the freakout that must have occurred in Trumpland when they realized their cleanup guy hadn't actually done the cleanup after all? All of the things they thought they had buried were not only not buried; Mueller had them in writing!

10/


While this is just conjecture, I suspect the entire Trump orbit just realized that Mueller has a trove that entirely hangs them out to dry AND brings them down for obstruction and lying to Mueller to boot.

11/


Trump appointed a Giuliani guy to protect him from Mueller...

...and then the guy went and died just as Mueller was coming a'calling.

Trump must be losing his freaking mind......even more panicked: Jared Kushner. Mueller is gonna roast them all.


Note: Trump team knew Beckler had died. They didn’t know he had failed to lock down their electronics and emails - and didn’t know GSA staff had produced them all without telling anyone.


One more note: as the letter in the link lays out, Beckler was incapacitated by August. He was hospitalized when Mueller’s crew came a’knockin’.


https://mobile.twitter.com/HoarseWisper ... 8483469312

Big if true! :rotfl:

Francoflier wrote:
It's quite clear that Trump is desperate to get rid of Mueller... but claiming that he got emails illegally after being the one on stage clamoring for Russia to illegally hack Hillary's emails, now that's quite rich. Too bad Trump supporters are impervious to irony.


I just don't know how you can even have a logic based argument with these people. How can you even come close to reconciling the following two viewpoints?

1) A special prosecutor in the executive branch getting hold of government server emails = illegal

2) Conspiring with a foreign power to release stolen private emails = absolutely fine

How?
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13285
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 am

Trump may not have to fire Mueller to get him off his back, he may call for a 'wag the dog' military action or worse, get into a hot war with North Korea or Iran that will mean it will be practically shut down Mueller's investigations as more important things to worry about than to allow them to continue.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2482
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:04 pm

The problem for Trump Re: Mueller is really quite simple—Washington. Trump, for all his bombast, is likely well aware that if he fires Mueller those documents will show up on a front page before he can finish a tweet. It’s unlikely to come from Mueller himself, but someone has put a copy of those documents away with a contingency plan. He also knows that midterms already aren’t good to incumbent Presidents, and will give the Democrats one more tool “but their emails...” and is likely trying to stall and mitigate some of that. Welcome to Washington.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 am

Contingency plans.... "Insurance" plans ...that's all the same now in Washington.

God willing, President trump will prevail, and will keep this country from going down the dark path the Globalist enablers have planned for it and it's people...

You want a social paradise ??? Move to the UK, or France, or Sweden..
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
D L X
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 3:30 am

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:24 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Contingency plans.... "Insurance" plans ...that's all the same now in Washington.

God willing, President trump will prevail, and will keep this country from going down the dark path the Globalist enablers have planned for it and it's people...

You want a social paradise ??? Move to the UK, or France, or Sweden..

If you want to be isolationist, move to Afghanistan. The United States is a global power. Sorry not sorry.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Should Trump cut off Mueller funding

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
God willing...


You on the right may have god but on the left we have the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, the abominable snowman and an entire army of unicorns, bitch.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, Gemuser, HELyes, jetero, jpetekyxmd80, ltbewr, WildcatYXU and 13 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos