777222LR
Topic Author

Trump Retweets Anti-Muslim Videos

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 pm

In succession, Trump retweets 3 videos from anti-Islamic, white-supremacist, Jayda Fransen late last night. When will people stop apologizing for his behavior? These videos are 1., unverified, and 2., do not represent the entire religion of Islam as Trump would like you to believe. Why would he retweet these videos other than to incite hatred toward Islam? If anyone had any questions whether this is about terrorism, or an entire religion, here's your proof he wants to be at war with Islam, and its people, and to divide white Christians against Muslims. What has America come to when this behavior is allowed, by the leader of the free world, no less?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/politics/ ... index.html

It honestly makes me sick. I know so many muslims. I've visited muslim countries. I've never felt threatened or unsafe around them, or in their countries.
Last edited by 777222LR on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Re: Trump Retweets Anti-Muslim Videos

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

777222LR wrote:
In succession, Trump retweets 3 videos from anti-Islamic, white-supremacist, Jayda Fransen late last night. When will people stop apologizing for his behavior?

Never, they support it.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D

tommy1808

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

If one takes this into account:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2703124d84

one may get the feeling his lawyers already told him that the insanity defense is his only realistic shot of staying out of prison.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.

vrbarreto

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:18 pm

This despicable idiot may want to embolden the NAZI's in his own country but to try and promote them here.. He can go and Fornicate himself..

zkojq

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:55 pm

His base probably laps that stuff right up though.
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

Birdwatching

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:55 pm

777222LR wrote:
What has America come to when this behavior is allowed, by the leader of the free world, no less?

Leader of the free world? The USA is a lot of things, but not the free world. It might have been when they defeated the Nazis in the 1940s but nowadays the USA is about as far from being "the free world" as any other dictatorship
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

LJ

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:18 pm

777222LR wrote:
In succession, Trump retweets 3 videos from anti-Islamic, white-supremacist, Jayda Fransen late last night. When will people stop apologizing for his behavior? These videos are 1., unverified, and 2., do not represent the entire religion of Islam as Trump would like you to believe..

Is this one the videos?

https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/935609305574903812

If so it turns out it is a native Dutch guy who did it (who isn't a Muslim).

Francoflier

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

LJ wrote:

It doesn't really matter at this stage. Facts and reason have no bearing nor power over the people this video is destined for.

Trump's behavior is one thing. There have always been and always will be odious and cretinous bigots.
His continued support by a non-insignificant proportion of the electorate in the light of his actions and words, however, is a worrying illustration of the mental state of the American population.
The war on intelligence seems to be progressing apace...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Scorpio

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:45 pm

LJ wrote:
777222LR wrote:
In succession, Trump retweets 3 videos from anti-Islamic, white-supremacist, Jayda Fransen late last night. When will people stop apologizing for his behavior? These videos are 1., unverified, and 2., do not represent the entire religion of Islam as Trump would like you to believe..

Is this one the videos?

Yep. That's one of 'em.

So, Trump just retweeted Fake News.

What a shock.

Do you have a source to confirm it was a Dutch non-muslim who did this? Might come in handy to take on some Trump supporters: facts usually make them furious...

LJ

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Do you have a source to confirm it was a Dutch non-muslim who did this? Might come in handy to take on some Trump supporters: facts usually make them furious...

The source is also in the twitter link but it's also on Dutch newssites.

In Dutch
https://www.nu.nl/buitenland/5027750/tr ... endam.html
http://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1368689/ ... rt-filmpje

Note that the video has been deleted on the request of the victim and police, but GeenStijl (which is notorious for its anti-immigrant views) confirmed that the guy wasn't a muslim at all.

Scorpio

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 pm

LJ wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

The source is also in the twitter link but it's also on Dutch newssites.

In Dutch
https://www.nu.nl/buitenland/5027750/tr ... endam.html
http://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1368689/ ... rt-filmpje

Note that the video has been deleted on the request of the victim and police, but GeenStijl (which is notorious for its anti-immigrant views) confirmed that the guy wasn't a muslim at all.

Thanks! Not surprised to see GeenStijl and Dumpert involved in this...

seb146

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Why is everyone shocked that he is racist? We knew that. I think this is a desperate power play to his uninformed base and low information voters.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

keesje

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm

LJ wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Is this one the videos?

Correct.

After this Trump continued to send out tweest about fake news of some news stations.

Bad thing is many are d.mb enough to inhale this BS without any fact checking.

I'm for an IQ exam before you are allowed to vote.

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

einsteinboricua

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Looks like he's no longer interested in facts before posting statements then...

But then again, was he ever?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:03 pm

I am sad to say, no surprise here........
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

stratosphere

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 pm

keesje wrote:
LJ wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Is this one the videos?

Correct.

After this Trump continued to send out tweest about fake news of some news stations.

IQ exam to vote I agree and all the Hillary voters are the first ones who need to be tested...

ltbewr

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:11 pm

As I have said for the last year, Twitter needs to suspend or terminate Donald Trump's personal Twitter account for violations of the TOS which would get any of us suspended/terminated as well as for security reasons and only allowed to use his official POTUS account which would mean screening by others.

akiss20

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm

stratosphere wrote:
keesje wrote:
LJ wrote:

Is this one the videos?

Correct.

IQ exam to vote I agree and all the Hillary voters are the first ones who need to be tested...

You probably won't like the answer

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/edu ... for-trump/
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

tommy1808

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:15 pm

stratosphere wrote:
keesje wrote:
LJ wrote:

Is this one the videos?

Correct.

Somewhat difficult with the simple fact that who someone voted for is secret and people can just lie about who they voted for.
But given by the educational make up of each candidates voters, i'd say they'd do fine anyways.

Best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

Dutchy

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Oh and here is the truth about these clips. A handicapped boy was attacked. Because of this video, the Dutch police arrested two boys: 16 y/o from Edam-Volendam and a teen from Monnickendam. Both were white........

http://www.welingelichtekringen.nl/same ... eling.html
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

readytotaxi

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:38 pm

This Trump IS a twit. ;)
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

LJ

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:26 pm

The official statement now is that it doesn''t matter if the videos are real.......

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/29/polit ... index.html

LMP737

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Scorpio wrote:

So, Trump just retweeted Fake News.

What a shock.

[/quote]

Whatever the facts maybe they are irrelevant. It's already in their head and chances are they will never hear a correction. If they do they will dismiss it.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

ER757

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:04 pm

I can't be the only one to think this guy's losing it. These vids, his "Pochahantas" crack the other day, and now he's on again about Obama's birth certificate are just the latest examples of his erratic unprofessional behavior

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/28/politics/ ... index.html

I think the mounting pressure of the Russia investigation and the stress of the job that he was utterly unprepared for are setting him up for a complete breakdown. I envision President Pence before Trump's first term is scheduled to end

Richard28

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Such a shame the USA has this pathetic excuse of a human as a President. He is not making America great... quite the opposite.

keesje

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

LJ wrote:
The official statement now is that it doesn''t matter if the videos are real.......

ok.

I give her 6 months before she's burned up inside.

OA412

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Never, they support it.

:checkmark: They don't care what he says. They knew he was never going to build a wall or drain the swamp. They're just happy he's destroying the Black guy's legacy piece by piece. These are the people who spent 8 years getting outraged whenever Obama had a hair out of place, yet they see no issue with the current clod occupying the White House humiliating this country on a daily basis.

einsteinboricua wrote:
Looks like he's no longer interested in facts before posting statements then...

But then again, was he ever?

Unless it involved "good" Nazis, he has no interest in facts.
ltbewr wrote:
As I have said for the last year, Twitter needs to suspend or terminate Donald Trump's personal Twitter account for violations of the TOS which would get any of us suspended/terminated as well as for security reasons and only allowed to use his official POTUS account which would mean screening by others.

I'm right there with you. I'm sure Twitter is worried about the backlash, never mind the revenue he probably generates for them, but he's proven time again his account presents a clear and present danger to the security of the United States. At a minimum, his kids should grow a back bone and tell him to get the hell off Twitter.
LJ wrote:

I saw that. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but it's par for the course when it comes to this dumpster fire of an administration.

Richard28 wrote:
Such a shame the USA has this pathetic excuse of a human as a President. He is not making America great... quite the opposite.

Oh believe me, the majority of us are well aware of what he's doing to this country and we're plenty ashamed.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

727LOVER

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:01 pm

stratosphere wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
THAT'S the best you can come up with ?????!!!!

Don't talk about what Trump did...just throw it to Hillary.

T Y P I C A L
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

BobPatterson

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 pm

keesje wrote:

One can have a relatively high IQ while having no knowledge about the issues being voted on.

Back in the 70s and 80s I knew some otherwise intelligent old-timers who were still voting against Herbert Hoover. "Just show me who the democrats are."

I do think there should be a test which must be taken and passed in English. Native born Americans should be required to take it to qualify and register to vote. Same test as for citizenship. Can you read and understand the Constitution?

No language other than English. If you cannot read, understand and discuss, in English, current political events, you should not be registered to vote.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

keesje

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
keesje wrote:

One can have a relatively high IQ while having no knowledge about the issues being voted on.

Back in the 70s and 80s I knew some otherwise intelligent old-timers who were still voting against Herbert Hoover. "Just show me who the democrats are."

I do think there should be a test which must be taken and passed in English. Native born Americans should be required to take it to qualify and register to vote. Same test as for citizenship. Can you read and understand the Constitution?

No language other than English. If you cannot read, understand and discuss, in English, current political events, you should not be registered to vote.

That would allow everyone no matter how cr.zy to vote because he/she was born from english speaken parent(s). While hardworking, tax paying socially aware and responsible new immigrants would not.. I would hope an IQ test would prevent many from been taken for a ride by an overwhelming amount of smartly packed non-sense.

@OA412, I know. Most US citizens I talk to are sitting it out, counting on the rest of Washington to keep him under control, hoping he keeps only saying d.mb things, not executing them.

727LOVER

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 pm

Here's a tweet:

THANK GOD FOR TRUMP !
THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HIM !

- David Duke

I think that says it all.

http://www.newsweek.com/kkk-leader-davi ... him-726023
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:27 am

Evangelical racist fake news sexual predator retweets racist fake news. Shocker.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 am

I already knew that Jesus is important to Muslims as a prophet. I had not thought about the Virgin Mary being important to Muslims also. I just learned that two chapters in Koran are dedicated to the Virgin Mary. I heard this on Dean Obidalah today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam

Seeing the video of the man destroying the Mary statue, I thought this thread would be where to bring up this point.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:25 am

These tweets gave NPR such a hard on, they spent over ten minutes discussing it tonight. But we all know NPR is the front line of defending Islam over every other religion on earth...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

777222LR
Topic Author

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
These tweets gave NPR such a hard on, they spent over ten minutes discussing it tonight. But we all know NPR is the front line of defending Islam over every other religion on earth...

Do you believe this isn't worthy of being discussed? Every major news organization is discussing it. It's horrific that the US president is actually retweeting anti-Islamic videos. It's not a matter of "defending" Islam. It's a matter of creating a false narrative that Trump uses to push his anti-immigrant, anti-muslim, and frankly anti-brown person rhetoric. He does this to create division, because it's the only way he survives. He also wants to turn Christians into victims. Christians being victims in a predominantly (by a vast majority), Christian country. Because he, himself, is a huge victim. If everyone is a victim of the same machine that he is, he wins points. At least he thinks so, in his mind. He also believes that America is that stupid to believe it. That, and he's just nuts.

speedbird52

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:04 am

stratosphere wrote:
keesje wrote:
LJ wrote:

Is this one the videos?

Correct.

In all seriousness you guys know that iq tests have zero scientific bearing?
"I have control" Three Words That Could Have Saved Lives.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:11 am

777222LR wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Do you believe this isn't worthy of being discussed? Every major news organization is discussing it. It's horrific that the US president is actually retweeting anti-Islamic videos.

No, it doesn´t matter. Unless Islam gets completely villainized there will be too much resistance once they come up with a nice name and background stories for the concentration camps. After all blaming one group for each and everything, blaming them for stuff that even one own ilk may find despicable like beating up people in wheelchairs, is the time honored tradition of preparing genocides. If enough people fall for that sh*t, it is also easy to call every opposition anti-american and traitorous, and intern them too. For their own safety of course.

Discussing those videos in public, especially in other way than "it is real" or "We know it is fake, but the threat is real" could just delay this. After all, with all Muslim exterminated, the Temple can finally be rebuild and Jesus can come back. ....

People that want to execute gays already drool saliva with Trump in office and we know why everybody that wants to bring back gas chambers is rooting for Trump. IF the GOP isn´t carefull, "Republican" will have the same ring to it then Red Khmer in some not to distant future.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

seb146

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 am

BobPatterson wrote:
keesje wrote:

Trump's Tweets are all in English. Fox "news" is all in English. Both claim to understand and discuss current political events.

I agree that everyone needs to understand, not just hear second hand, both sides of all the issues. But, that is impossible now because "the other party is stupid because this biased source I trust says so, so I'll be damned if I am voting for them!" is the mantra of American politics.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:34 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Native born Americans should be required to take it to qualify and register to vote.

right, the people that their land have been stolen from have to pass a test to have a say in what happens to their stolen land. How about you need to speak at least one native american language fluently in order to vote?

Same test as for citizenship. Can you read and understand the Constitution?

How about providing important documents in more than one language? I don´t have to translate the German constitution when i quote it in englisch, i can just take that from the englisch translation. There are also translation into Spanish and other languages. ...... I can take my driving test in a dozen languages......

and then change the requirement to Spanish once native Spanish outnumber the englisch speakers, right?

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

BobPatterson

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 am

tommy1808 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Native born Americans should be required to take it to qualify and register to vote.

right, the people that their land have been stolen from have to pass a test to have a say in what happens to their stolen land. How about you need to speak at least one native american language fluently in order to vote?

Same test as for citizenship. Can you read and understand the Constitution?

How about providing important documents in more than one language? I don´t have to translate the German constitution when i quote it in englisch, i can just take that from the englisch translation. There are also translation into Spanish and other languages. ...... I can take my driving test in a dozen languages......

and then change the requirement to Spanish once native Spanish outnumber the englisch speakers, right?

best regards
Thomas

My grandparents and my father didn't teach their kids the languages of the old country. They wanted to assimilate and prosper, and that required learning English. They still had access, back then, to Yiddish/Polish/Greek newspapers. But they read the big New York dailies instead.

If you don't want to assimilate fully, don't expect to vote.

I don't think Native Americans were given the right to vote until 1924. Some states didn't grant them rights until the 50s or 60s. There are very few, today, who do not speak English.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am

BobPatterson wrote:
If you don't want to assimilate fully, don't expect to vote..

because the american dream is "do as we say" and not "do as you want", right?

I wouldn´t be surprised that you only can form a full picture of what is going on and who said what in parts of the US unless you speak Spanish and Englisch.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

BobPatterson

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am

tommy1808 wrote:

No. Because the American "dream" is E Pluribus Unum

The goal is to become one people, not divided by language. We do not need barrios, shtetls or ghettos.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am

BobPatterson wrote:
The goal is to become one people, not divided by language. We do not need barrios, shtetls or ghettos.

Friends from countries with several somewhat common languages often simply speak 3 or 4. They always have a common language in any group. Language is only dividing if you chose to make it that way.

And i noticed you haven´t said anything about the majority of citizens becoming native Spanish speakers at some point perhaps...... then everybody has to learn Spanish in order to vote?

Isn´t the fault line much more native English speakers refusing to learn another one, than e.g. Spanish speakers not bothering to learn englisch? Isn´t majority dictatorship what the US is not supposed to have?

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

keesje

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Here's a tweet:

THANK GOD FOR TRUMP !
THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HIM !

- David Duke

“Trump retweets video of a crippled white kid in Europe being beaten by migrants, and white people being thrown off a roof and then beaten to death, He's condemned for showing us what the fake news media WON'T. Thank God for Trump! That's why we love him!” Duke wrote on Twitter.

I think that says it all.

http://www.newsweek.com/kkk-leader-davi ... him-726023

Another guy who doesn't (want to) know yet this " migrant" was a native white kid.. alternative truths rule these days.

einsteinboricua

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Isn´t majority dictatorship what the US is not supposed to have?

In the US, majority rules, except when it's inconvenient (exhibit A: the Electoral College).

I understand the whole assimilation argument. However, as an example, I don't live in Chinatown so I couldn't care less what language its residents are speaking, so long as they can communicate with me if I walk into a store.

It's interesting that Americans demand that people coming to the US (whether for tourism, business, or work) learn English. However, when it's an American traveling abroad for the same purposes, they expect (or even demand) that others speak English. That right there is a double standard and the main reason why asking immigrants to "assimilate" falls flat. Immigrants can very well assimilate, but if they're in a community of fellow expats, what reason do they have to learn English beyond basic words to get a message across?

I speak English, but you can bet that when I'm with other Spanish-speaking folks (namely Puerto Ricans) I will not give AF about speaking Spanish, and if I walk into a store where the employees also speak Spanish, I'll speak in Spanish to them as well.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Flighty

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Immigrants generally assimilate via their kids, whether they want to or not. A kid born in the USA speaks local English generally without an accent. For most people, they have one native language. A few overachievers can speak more than one NATIVE language. But that is maybe 1% of immigrants in America. A child born here is generally native English speaker and is an American. So there's that.

My other thought is, yes the British leader has denounced Trump's anti Muslim tweet. Trouble is, don't many Brits agree with Trump, re immigration and terrorism? I would wager the answer is yes. And that isn't to say that either Brits or Americans are free from home-grown terror. There are famous examples of each.

But the globalism thing, probably half of voters in Britain and the US are against it. Ignore those voters at your peril.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Flighty wrote:
But the globalism thing, probably half of voters in Britain and the US are against it. Ignore those voters at your peril.

don´t ignore them and its the peril of your nations wealth.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:

Tugger

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:04 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

The goal is to become one people, not divided by language.

I believe you are incorrect in your thought on this. The founders specifically did not designate a single language because that would have divided the country (German and English were both dominant). So I do not think that a single language is what unites us, it is values and what we desire as goals. That is why the Polish and Italian and Chinese immigration etc. of times past (and even the current Spanish) were successful.

At this time I am coming think that essentially anarchists are the problem, the people that seem to like Trump are ones that like to see mayhem and breakdowns of politics and non-functioning government. And Trump plays along as the happy minstrel playing what ever tune or part he must to entertain/keep his audience. That is where I am thinking the problem may be.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

seb146

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

If you insist on a national language, why English? Historically, it would have to be either French or Spanish, if you want to preserve the whitewashing of America. Much of the American South and West were colonized by the Spanish and Mexicans and much of the American Midwest and North were colonized by the French. Russia even had settlements along the West Coast as far south as San Francisco. IMO, this is one reason we should not have a national language.

ElPistolero

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Flighty wrote:

My other thought is, yes the British leader has denounced Trump's anti Muslim tweet. Trouble is, don't many Brits agree with Trump, re immigration and terrorism? I would wager the answer is yes.

Begs the question: if "many" people have racist/sexist/homophobic views, is it okay for a President/PM to espouse those views, to the extent of demonizing those he/she doesn't agree with?

After all, one is - at least theoretically- the President/PM of ones entire nation including the "few" who don't agree with him/her.

Oddly enough, even Breitbart has voiced criticism on this incident.

That aside, yes, conventional wisdom is that the third generation is usually fully assimilated in civic terms (ie - see themselves as full citizens with civic responsibilities.)