Airstud
Topic Author

Rob Schneider on vaccines (I mean whom else would you listen to...)

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:45 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxYtPD3eIUw

This was posted to Facebook by friends of mine I didn't realize were such f____ing idiots.

The usual "vaccinations have increased and so have autism rates, so they're related" gets trotted out, plus a couple of new ones like the claim that babies are getting up to 70 shots now - I don't even buy that they're getting ten shots in one day - and also that "they're not letting babies leave the hospital without getting vaccinated for Hep B [which you can only get from sex or blood transfusion]."

The comment stream (the video was first posted by "The Free Thought Project" and has thousands of comments) say that vaccines are a billion dollar industry and "don't care about your health," evidently not getting that they're a billion dollar industry because THEY FILL A VITAL NEED IN A FREE MARKET SOCIETY. Toothpaste is a billion dollar industry, therefore we should stop brushing our teeth.

How. How. How. HOW. HOW. HOW. HOW. HOW do idjits manage to keep believing a connection between vaccines and autism when Wakefield LOST HIS LICENSE for telling those outright lies?

Aaaargh. :banghead:

Edit - these Fb friends are dyed-in-the-wool Texas conservatives, who, in inveighing against the "vaccine industry" haven't said much about Rick Perry signing a law making HPV vaccines mandatory for all girls born in his state, filling the coffers of one of his campaign's largest donors. Ho hum...
Pancakes are delicious.

einsteinboricua

Re: Rob Schneider on vaccines (I mean whom else would you listen to...)

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Airstud wrote:
How. How. How. HOW. HOW. HOW. HOW. HOW do idjits manage to keep believing a connection between vaccines and autism when Wakefield LOST HIS LICENSE for telling those outright lies?

I don't know, but I enjoy the fact that this guy only embodies the Republican line on science...since he, himself, is a Republican.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

scbriml

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55 pm

That video is over five years old. Your Fb friends are a bit slow jumping on that bandwagon.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Airstud
Topic Author

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:04 pm

scbriml wrote:
That video is over five years old. Your Fb friends are a bit slow jumping on that bandwagon.

They're obviously slow in a few other ways también...
Pancakes are delicious.

Tugger

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:46 am

We're talking Rob Schneider .... right?

I thought "the right" hated, or at least well disparaged, Hollywood types and anything they spout?

You should let them know that Rob thinks Kaepernick's protest is OK and he should not be blacklisted... that should stop them from following his advice.... maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAtFMFRTPmU

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner