stratosphere
Topic Author

Trumps State of the Union Address

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok A netters anyone watch it last night? I thought it was pretty good myself regardless of how you feel about Trump...Oh and the Democrats response is about what I expected none of them clapped or stood not even when he honored several heroes and servicemen and women. Pelosi looked like she swallowed her dentures. Democrats are so butt hurt because Trump is the president they have to take their marbles and go home. Their attitude is enough right there for me to vote for Trump again.

salttee

Re: Trumps State of the Union Address

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:16 pm

"regardless of how you feel about Trump"? How would you know about that?
You've never shown yourself to be particularly empathetic to other people's point of view.

Maybe there's a side of you that we've all missed.

KLDC10

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 pm

It was a very good speech - just the right balance between unifying and America First. The Democrats came out of it very poorly though.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/E170/E175/E190

jetero

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Their attitude is enough right there for me to vote for Trump again.

Now there's some logic.

I personally felt it to be a particularly vomitous right-wing circle jerk lubricated by gallons and gallons of the standard insincere and sanctimonious tropes.

Looks like it did it job for its intended audience.

Tugger

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:21 pm

I felt the speech he read, that someone else wrote for him (though he undoubted had input) was fine. Telepromter Trump is decent enough (imagine him reading his tweets instead). Do I think the speech is anything beyond him playing to an audience? No.

The speech was pretty good and he performed it well. Now we have to see if he will actually keep his word unlike what he did on taxes.

I don't have much faith though I am hopeful. He has so far consistently shown himself to be a poor president and unable to stay level. But maybe there can be a change and he will actually reach across the aisle and work for unity as he said (versus trying to dictate).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

bmacleod

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 pm

Pres. Trump seemed to do OK despite all the negative publicity surrounding him.

Reminds me 20 years ago when Bill Clinton gave his State of the Union trying his best to stay upbeat just weeks after the Monica Lewinsky story broke and lying about it "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Now 20 years later Trump denies he considered firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

We know how 1998 ended for President Clinton.

Now 20 years later will Trump have a similar fate?
Last edited by bmacleod on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

bagoldex

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:09 pm

jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Now there's some logic.

I personally felt it to be a particularly vomitous right-wing circle jerk lubricated by gallons and gallons of the standard insincere and sanctimonious tropes.

It's like a cult. Trump could do a line off of a sixteen year old's breast using a rolled up piece of the Constitution on the altar of St Patrick's while Pence blows his son and their supporters would still figure out a way to rationalize it.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 pm

bagoldex wrote:
jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Now there's some logic.

It's like a cult. Trump could do a line off of a sixteen year old's breast using a rolled up piece of the Constitution on the altar of St Patrick's while Pence blows his son and their supporters would still figure out a way to rationalize it.

About like you all would do with the Clintons

Tugger

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm

The absolute truth is that unity as Trump expressed a desire for last night, requires humility.

And I do not see that at all with Trump.

Hubris is his tool and it obviously works for him but again we are asked about the SotU speech and he called for unity. And for that he would need to lead and to do that he will need humility. And I will believe it when I see.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

jetero

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm

stratosphere wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
jetero wrote:

Now there's some logic.

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:50 pm

Trump got a standing ovation on one side and stone cold silence on the other. He wants unity but his polices are divisive. I don't know what his supporter see in him. Trump 2% tax cut for the little people is a joke.
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bagoldex

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:52 pm

stratosphere wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
jetero wrote:

Now there's some logic.

Not me. I can't stand the Clintons.

CCGPV

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm

It was your run of the mill State of the Union speech. Same platitudes and reaction from the parties that each President has had in the last 50 years.

As usual it was a net positive for the one giving the speech. It always is.
Stay curious

seahawk

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm

There was one thing different. The lack of respect from the democrats.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:41 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Trump got a standing ovation on one side and stone cold silence on the other. He wants unity but his polices are divisive. I don't know what his supporter see in him. Trump 2% tax cut for the little people is a joke.

I agree he played up the tax cut for the middle class as being way more than it actually was. Lets call it what it is a win for big biz. But still my 401 is climbing and I am getting a savings even if it is on the small side. Still better than anything the democrats have ever done for me. Right now they are spending all their efforts on DACA. Would be nice if they put that kind of energy and effort to help the working class man/woman.

bgm

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm

He wants unity? :rotfl:

The US has not been this divided since, I don't know when. I think there will be a chance for more unity when someone else is elected President and Trump is long gone 6 feet under.

We just need to bide our time until the midterms, and then hopefully that'll disable him until we can get someone better in 2020. Until then... damage control.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

bgm

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:50 pm

stratosphere wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

I agree he played up the tax cut for the middle class as being way more than it actually was. Lets call it what it is a win for big biz. But still my 401 is climbing and I am getting a savings even if it is on the small side. Still better than anything the democrats have ever done for me. Right now they are spending all their efforts on DACA. Would be nice if they put that kind of energy and effort to help the working class man/woman.

If you actually bothered to take off your partisan blinkers, you'd see that Democrats do far more for the working class than Trump. Unfortunately, it seemed that many working class believed the BS that he promised during the election campaign, and here we are.

The GOP only care about the 1%, and newsflash, it's not you.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Slug71

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:51 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Ok A netters anyone watch it last night? I thought it was pretty good myself regardless of how you feel about Trump...Oh and the Democrats response is about what I expected none of them clapped or stood not even when he honored several heroes and servicemen and women. Pelosi looked like she swallowed her dentures. Democrats are so butt hurt because Trump is the president they have to take their marbles and go home. Their attitude is enough right there for me to vote for Trump again.

Agreed.

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Trump got a standing ovation on one side and stone cold silence on the other. He wants unity but his polices are divisive.

Really?
The republicans have had a pretty firm stance on pro-life and anti-abortion issues. Yet proposed a bill banning abortions after 20 weeks and the democrats failed to meet in the middle.
DACA was also addressed and actually gives those people a pathway to citizenship which they never had before. He also increased DACA from 800,000 to 1.8 million.

bgm wrote:

The US has not been this divided since, I don't know when. I think there will be a chance for more unity when someone else is elected President and Trump is long gone 6 feet under.

We just need to bide our time until the midterms, and then hopefully that'll disable him until we can get someone better in 2020. Until then... damage control.

Thanks to Obama and the media.

jetero

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm

seahawk wrote:
There was one thing different. The lack of respect from the democrats.

Yeah they were certainly blazing trails in that respect.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 pm

bgm wrote:

We were just as divided under Obama. Just now the left's response to him in the white house is so vitriolic and more vocal since the media is predominately left. I was insulted when the Dems wouldn't stand for the parents of the two girls killed by MS-13 which happened in my area on Long Island. All because they want amnesty for dreamers.

For the most part it was a very predictable event. Kennedy's speech was much more divisive especially when he said he wants to tear down the border wall. It was an open border anarchy moment as it was very sad because it represents the Democrats view on illegal immigration. As they want it all to flow in here and would love a whole country in the same boat California is in.

Unfortunately we have a long future of this childish, do not work together mindset. It's unfortunate.

Thank God Ji Seong-ho saved the night. Probably the most inspirational story I have ever seen. When he raised his crutches it gave me some hope humanity can be saved.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

salttee

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:56 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
We were just as divided under Obama.
The difference being that Obama wanted us to work together: to be united, and he worked to that end; while Trump intentionally uses divisive tactics to gain advantage.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm

It was the best speech. No really. The best speech ever given by any president. Nobody can give speeches better than he can. There was a lot of applause, you know. People stood up and gave him standing ovations all the time. Applause lasted a full 20 minutes or so. And even the fake news media is praising him on what a terrific speech he gave. Everyone thought it was the most beautiful speech ever. Polls show that the American people loved it. But they're fake...but turn on the news and everyone is talking about it. So yeah!
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bgm

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Unfortunately we have a long future of this childish, do not work together mindset. It's unfortunate.

Did you also think it was unfortunate during Obama's 8 years when the GOP did exactly the same thing? Just curious.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
The difference being that Obama wanted us to work together: to be united, and he worked to that end; while Trump intentionally uses divisive tactics to gain advantage.

No he didn't. He told conservatives that they are clinging to their guns. Not to mention he wasn't driving the bus. Pelosi and Reid were and they didn't want to work together.

bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Did you also think it was unfortunate during Obama's 8 years when the GOP did exactly the same thing? Just curious.

Remember it also has to do with the legislation. I did not want the ACA to pass because it was horrible, flawed legislation. On the other hand Trump wants a bill that gives DACA a path to citizenship while securing our border which is good legislation but will be blocked my the left because they don't want borders. Also the tax cut bill was good legislation but was opposed by obstructionists. I think if you look at how Trump operates he doesn't feel he is handcuffed by his congress as Obama was with Pelosi and Reid. Trump is much more open to working together on legislation than Obama was. DACA is a perfect example.

jetero

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Exhibit A--Cerebrum Republicanis

NIKV69 wrote:

"I felt that we were just as divided under Obama so therefore it must be true."

NIKV69 wrote:
Just now the left's response to him in the white house is so vitriolic and more vocal since the media is predominately left.

"Obama behaved professionally during his term in the White House, and Republicans professionally opposed Obama. Trump has continued Obama's professional behavior but the Democrats response has been disproportionately vitriolic and more vocal."

NIKV69 wrote:
I was insulted when the Dems wouldn't stand for the parents of the two girls killed by MS-13 which happened in my area on Long Island. All because they want amnesty for dreamers.

'The Democrats didn't immediately move to change their immigration policy because of one unfortunate event that had nothing to do with me personally, so naturally I was righteously insulted."

NIKV69 wrote:
Kennedy's speech was much more divisive

"You say Trump was divisive? No--YOU'RE THE MR DIVISIVE PANTS."

NIKV69 wrote:
especially when he said he wants to tear down the border wall.

"I want to think he said that so I'm going to say he said that."

NIKV69 wrote:
It was an open border anarchy moment as it was very sad because it represents the Democrats view on illegal immigration. As they want it all to flow in here and would love a whole country in the same boat California is in.

Ibid.

NIKV69 wrote:

"But, don't you worry, I will do my part to make it persist."

NIKV69 wrote:
Thank God Ji Seong-ho saved the night. Probably the most inspirational story I have ever seen. When he raised his crutches it gave me some hope humanity can be saved.

Well as long as you're OK NikkyV, we're OK. Some of us don't need pandering insincere theatrics to have hope that humanity can be saved.

salttee

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I did not want the ACA to pass because it was horrible, flawed legislation.
How so?

bgm

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:43 pm

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How so?

Because it had the alias Obamacare. Refer to exhibit A: the Trumpanzees who are up in arms over Obamacare, but are completely fine with the ACA.

bhill

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 pm

"beautiful coal"...did he mean diamonds???
Carpe Pices

NIKV69

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How so?

Because it did nothing to fix the real problem which was cost. All it did was punish the rich to pay it. It wasn't a bill to fix the health care system it was a bill to punish the evil rich people the left loves to loathe. It drove up costs of other insurance and the people that already had health insurance suffered. You weren't able to keep your doctor if they didn't want to honor it. The individual mandate was a joke as well.

Taxing the rich to death isn't the answer to the countries ills. Just look at California to see how that ends up.

jetero

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Because it did nothing to fix the real problem which was cost.

So you were in favor of a single-payer healthcare system?

Government-imposed price caps? (=De facto reduction of supply?)

Regulation of healthcare so as to reduce overconsumption?

Do tell.

NIKV69 wrote:
All it did was punish the rich to pay it. It wasn't a bill to fix the health care system it was a bill to punish the evil rich people the left loves to loathe.

How, exactly, would you pay for it?

NIKV69 wrote:
The individual mandate was a joke as well.

Do you believe in the mandate to purchase car insurance?

NIKV69 wrote:
Taxing the rich to death isn't the answer to the countries ills. Just look at California to see how that ends up.

What exactly is wrong with California's economy at this point?

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

If he wasn’t North Korean Trump would have ICE deport his ass so fast republicans would still be clapping. Immigrants and refugees are flooding in from shitholes to murder you but hey! Let’s all give a round of applause to this one. I know irony up and died but Jesus Christ.

stratosphere wrote:

You’re lucky Trump loves the poorly educated

CCGPV wrote:
It was your run of the mill State of the Union speech. Same platitudes and reaction from the parties that each President has had in the last 50 years.

As usual it was a net positive for the one giving the speech. It always is.

:checkmark: yep. I honestly don’t know why anyone watches it anymore.

NIKV69 wrote:
Not to mention he wasn't driving the bus. Pelosi and Reid were and they didn't want to work together.

You think the guy that can’t spell bus is in charge of anything but the Fox n Friends remote? :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:25 pm

It was okayish for a Trump speech, and I didn't believe one word he said.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 pm

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Obama wanted us to work together? How so? he drove a wedge in race relations more than any president in my lifetime.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 pm

bgm wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

If you actually bothered to take off your partisan blinkers, you'd see that Democrats do far more for the working class than Trump. Unfortunately, it seemed that many working class believed the BS that he promised during the election campaign, and here we are.

Really well my blinders are what I can buy with what little money I have. Since Obama rammed O'care down everyones throat my primary care Dr gave up his practice my employer requires me to pay far more out of pocket than I used to pay I don't see the "affordable care act" being very affordable for me. Thankfully for me I do not live in a high progressive democratic state like Kalifornia or New Jersey where I am from originally from so I don't get every damn cent of my paycheck taxed to death so that they can give away freebies to the non working and illegals. So yeah I feel really no one looks out for me the white middle class working guy the democrats certainly don't they are too busy blaming me for my white privilege and pandering to the illegals for future votes. They will never get my vote EVER

bagoldex

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 pm

stratosphere wrote:
bgm wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Really well my blinders are what I can buy with what little money I have. Since Obama rammed O'care down everyones throat my primary care Dr gave up his practice my employer requires me to pay far more out of pocket than I used to pay I don't see the "affordable care act" being very affordable for me.

The irony of a Republican whining that he doesn't have any money ... I LOVE it.

Work harder or get a better job you bum!

salttee

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Obama wanted us to work together? How so? he drove a wedge in race relations more than any president in my lifetime.
Is that what you guys at freeperville tell each other?

dfwjim1

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 am

stratosphere wrote:

I liked it too. It is a shame that the Democrat party has become so negative and boring - couldn't even clapp to support the heroes in the audience and the good news of a strong economy and lower taxes.

flyingturtle

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:13 am

Pretty much anybody can write a decent speech for Trump... the biggest problem is making him read from the teleprompter.

I'm not surprised at all. I fully expect him to make more Twitter tirades in the weeks to come.

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

geologyrocks

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:16 am

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”

-President Obama

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:28 am

Welp the reviews are in and the speech was a big hit with the Nazi and white supremacist crowd, who are already using "Americans are dreamers too" as a rallying cry. Trump knows his base--that's for sure.
E pur si muove -Galileo

geologyrocks

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 am

salttee wrote:
geologyrocks wrote:

-President Obama

When and where was that statement made.
And what was the context behind that remark.

You can Google it and find the news source that you prefer. It was directed at Republicans when ObamaCare was about to get forced.

salttee

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 am

geologyrocks wrote:

-President Obama

apodino

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 am

I thought it was a very good speech from Trump. All in all in many areas where he believed that he and the other side could find common ground the olive branch was extended. But there were other things that were clearly more in tune with the base. Some other observations.

1. Clearly he is seeking compromise on immigration. I do believe there is a lot of will from people on both sides and in the white house to get something done. The key thing is the bases on both sides are probably going to have some sort of issue.

2. I found it absolutely disgusting that the Congressional Black Caucus didn't cheer when Trump commented on Black Unemployment. I get that the CBC does not like trump. I get that they feel Obama deserves the credit for it. Regardless of who deserves more credit, the fact that Black Unemployment is at its lowest levels in history is something that should be cheered, and Trump just stated it as a fact. I am proud that this happened and I am not going to assign credit to anyone for it happening. It should be cheered. And the reaction was telling.

3. One issue I had with the speech was on immigration. I get the visual that he was trying to shoot for with the M13 line. What he was trying to do was trying to show some ways that illegal immigration hurts our community. But I think this fell short. I think the GOP can win on this issue if they address the DACA issue and clearly state how legal immigration is different than illegal immigration. The approach to it really changed no ones mind on this.

4. Joe Kennedy's response was one of the darkest speeches I have heard in a long time, and it painted a very dark pessimistic picture. Trying to make the case that you are the party of the middle class and the minority community by trotting out a rich white man doesn't seem like the brightest idea. I think someone else like maybe Amy Klobuchar or Tammy Baldwin would have been better. Plus the optics of a Kennedy giving a speech in front of a car at an auto shop seem really weird to me.

5. Even Democrats like Joe Manchin, and Independent Angus King thought trump did a good job and that the Democrats were way too disrespectful. The democrats not even cheering items in the speech that they are supposedly for is telling, and makes you wonder.

6. One Democrat I did see clap more often was Schumer. Despite the rhetoric on the Senate floor and at the press conferences I do believe that Schumer does have a genuine affection and respect for Trump, and it showed. As leader he has to play to his base and I get that, but the two go back a long time and I do think there is some hidden fondness for each other.

7. Not related to the speech, but why did Hillary wait until just before the speech was given to address the misconduct by her campaign staffer? I applaud her for admitting that she was wrong not to fire the guy but to release the apology when she did makes me wonder, why wouldn't she want an apology to be heard by more people?

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 am

apodino wrote:
2. I found it absolutely disgusting that the Congressional Black Caucus didn't cheer when Trump commented on Black Unemployment. I get that the CBC does not like trump. I get that they feel Obama deserves the credit for it. Regardless of who deserves more credit, the fact that Black Unemployment is at its lowest levels in history is something that should be cheered, and Trump just stated it as a fact. I am proud that this happened and I am not going to assign credit to anyone for it happening. It should be cheered. And the reaction was telling.

They didn't cheer the guy that basically called all black nations shitholes, and can't go a month without picking a fight with some black person, on top of 50 years of documented, blatant racism? Weird. Sorry it hurt your feelings.

apodino wrote:
5. Even Democrats like Joe Manchin, and Independent Angus King thought trump did a good job and that the Democrats were way too disrespectful. The democrats not even cheering items in the speech that they are supposedly for is telling, and makes you wonder.

A) Manchin is about as much of a Democrat as the earth is flat and B) the party of Donald Trump has no standing whatsoever to talk about respect. It's like Woody Allen--or Trump--lecturing Mary Poppins on raising children.
E pur si muove -Galileo

jetero

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 am

stratosphere wrote:
salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Good Lord, how? By being black? Or because Sean Hannity said it and it “rung true”?

jetero

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

I liked it too. It is a shame that the Democrat party has become so negative and boring - couldn't even clapp to support the heroes in the audience and the good news of a strong economy and lower taxes.

Well it’s universal. Anyone with DFW in their screen name is predictably boring beyond fail. “But, the troops! But, the money!!” If you have such a fetish for the troops and police, it ain’t too late to sign up.

Let me guess, you live in Coopell.

apodino

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
apodino wrote:

They didn't cheer the guy that basically called all black nations shitholes, and can't go a month without picking a fight with some black person, on top of 50 years of documented, blatant racism? Weird. Sorry it hurt your feelings.

My feelings werent hurt. And showing applause for that stat is not applauding Trump, but applauding a very positive development for the black community. And 50 years of blatant racism? Funny, wasnt the NAACP giving Trump honors before he got into politics?

jetero

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 am

apodino wrote:
My feelings werent hurt. And showing applause for that stat is not applauding Trump, but applauding a very positive development for the black community.

And that is the very definition of paternalism. And pandering. Let's call it paternalistic pandering. Or a straw man. That'd also do just fine.

apodino wrote:
And 50 years of blatant racism? Funny, wasnt the NAACP giving Trump honors before he got into politics?

Certainly possible and "funny." But for sh*ts and giggles since you brought it up, please list all the honors (your plural) the NAACP gave Trump.

jetero

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:46 am

salttee wrote:
geologyrocks wrote:

-President Obama

If only Obama were smart enough to use the "Fake News" retort, seeing how that was something he was reported to have said and did not say publicly. I will say Obama was a First Class Idiot for not being able to find a way to blatantly lie at least 5 times a day and waive off any characterizations of what he said as "Fake News" from "anonymous sources."

jetero

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:51 am

jetero wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Because it did nothing to fix the real problem which was cost.

So you were in favor of a single-payer healthcare system?

Government-imposed price caps? (=De facto reduction of supply?)

Regulation of healthcare so as to reduce overconsumption?

Do tell.

NIKV69 wrote:
All it did was punish the rich to pay it. It wasn't a bill to fix the health care system it was a bill to punish the evil rich people the left loves to loathe.

How, exactly, would you pay for it?

NIKV69 wrote:
The individual mandate was a joke as well.

Do you believe in the mandate to purchase car insurance?

NIKV69 wrote:

What exactly is wrong with California's economy at this point?

Still waiting for your ideas, NikkyV. We know you're an election expert, but it's great to see you're a healthcare policy expert, too.

(Do we have to wait an entire generation with these geniuses in power for them to wake up and realize that these issues are more complex than simply waiving them off with empty words such as "freedom," "disasters," "jokes," etc., etc., etc. with no ideas of their own whatsoever?)