CitizenJustin
Topic Author

2017 Tax Returns And Travel

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Fortunately, my tax return was MUCH better than I expected! I was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas, so the 747 wasn’t easily accessible and became one of those “someday” things we all tell ourselves. Since then, I’ve traveled a lot, but the only widebody that continues to elude me is the grand 747. I’m hoping I can catch a ride on the Queen, though the options continue to dwindle by the day.

Any suggestions?

What do you guys plan on doing with yours? Any travel?

NIKV69

Re: 2017 Tax Returns And Travel

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Unless you are a piece of cargo options are limitied. Speedbird out of JFK. Virgin out of LAS. Maybe Qantas still uses it into LAX. Don't wait too long. Pax service is ending rapidly.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

SmithAir747

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I have a bunch of trips to take this year (mostly work trips)...Fort Wayne, IN (to speak at two school alma maters of mine), San Francisco (to wrap up work on a book), Pittsburgh (for a major international craniofacial medical and research meeting), Sydney (to speak at the Australasian Cleft Lip and Palate Association meeting) and two places in New Zealand during the Australia trip (to meet craniofacial research colleagues), Salt Lake City (for a craniofacial family retreat), a cruise out of NYC (for Cher fans and to benefit the Children's Craniofacial Association), all in 2018. Hopefully my 2017 tax return will help with these (should be getting back a bit more, since I claimed my work travel I did a lot of last year).

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

CitizenJustin
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:48 pm

SmithAir747 wrote:
I have a bunch of trips to take this year (mostly work trips)...Fort Wayne, IN (to speak at two school alma maters of mine), San Francisco (to wrap up work on a book), Pittsburgh (for a major international craniofacial medical and research meeting), Sydney (to speak at the Australasian Cleft Lip and Palate Association meeting) and two places in New Zealand during the Australia trip (to meet craniofacial research colleagues), Salt Lake City (for a craniofacial family retreat), a cruise out of NYC (for Cher fans and to benefit the Children's Craniofacial Association), all in 2018. Hopefully my 2017 tax return will help with these (should be getting back a bit more, since I claimed my work travel I did a lot of last year).

SmithAir747

Wow you have one busy year coming up! That’s insane, quite a bit too much for me lol.

bagoldex

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:25 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Fortunately, my tax return was MUCH better than I expected! I was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas, so the 747 wasn’t easily accessible and became one of those “someday” things we all tell ourselves. Since then, I’ve traveled a lot, but the only widebody that continues to elude me is the grand 747. I’m hoping I can catch a ride on the Queen, though the options continue to dwindle by the day.

Any suggestions?

What do you guys plan on doing with yours? Any travel?

BA still has ~30 of them with many, perhaps most, operating to the US.