georgiabill
Topic Author

Your 2018 Superbowl predictions

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm

With the superbowl a little over 24 hours from being played. I would like to here your predictions.

Mine(based on playoff results is not likely) New England Patriots 24-17 with Brady winning MVP for 5th time. I think shortly after the game Coach Belichek will announce he is retiring.

Your predictions

LittleFokker

Re: Your 2018 Superbowl predictions

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Ratings will be down 3% from last year.

The commercials will suck (haven't been worth watching for at least 3 to 4 years now)

Timberlake's show will be uneventful

At least a dozen times, someone will try to say "Minn-Ah-Soooo-Tah" to try to sound like a local, but fail miserably.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

NIKV69

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 pm

georgiabill wrote:
With the superbowl a little over 24 hours from being played. I would like to here your predictions.

Mine(based on playoff results is not likely) New England Patriots 24-17 with Brady winning MVP for 5th time. I think shortly after the game Coach Belichek will announce he is retiring.

Your predictions

I was liking the Eagles and thought there were more points scored since both these teams have potent offenses and not great defenses but just heard a lot of the Eagles have the flu. Pats are so damn lucky.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

af773atmsp

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:14 am

Patriots will win, the only highlight of the Half Time Show will be hologram Prince, only a few ads will make me chuckle, and the announcers will constantly mention how cold it is and why on God's green earth would anyone live in Minnesota (aka "The Bold North").

Still exciting to see my hometown host. Lots of events going on and great spotting opportunities at MSP.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72

SY, DL, FI, FL, BA, EI, NW, MG, DY, EZY, F9, WN

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB

ER757

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:34 am

georgiabill wrote:

Your predictions

I agree with you that Belichick will retire - I think that is especially true if the Pats win. Go out on a high note and all that.
I have a feeling the Eagles will win though - I just don't think the NE defense will keep Philly from scoring enough points to win.

seb146

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 am

I would like to see Brady lose terribly.

My big thing is Halftime. Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga but I am waiting with baited breath for a mini reunion by NSYNC.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

ltbewr

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:35 am

My hope is for the Eagles to win, but it may be a close final score with NEP's winning.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 am

I predict there may never be another SB in Minnesota, unless Al's Global Warming takes hold.

Game Time wind chill: -9F

End of Game wind chill: -12F

Darren Rovell‏ ESPN @darrenrovell

This will be the last Super Bowl for Minnesota. Too much money at stake on Friday and Saturday for cold to keep corporate money away. League can’t afford to do it with sponsors needing to activate effectively.
8:00 PM - 2 Feb 2018

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... 7165832192
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

NIKV69

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I predict there may never be another SB in Minnesota, unless Al's Global Warming takes hold.

This will be the last Super Bowl for Minnesota. Too much money at stake on Friday and Saturday for cold to keep corporate money away. League can’t afford to do it with sponsors needing to activate effectively.

What what do you expect? MN in early Feb is not going to be warm. Be thankful the game is indoors.

jetero

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:37 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I thought the NFL was done for you?

But I agree with all of the above.

ltbewr

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Far too often, the NFL has held the Super Bowl in 'cold weather' locations as mainly to give money to owners who just did Billion Dollar $ stadiums. To me they should only be held in 'warm weather' locations like California, Phoenix, Houston, New Orleans and Florida.

StarAC17

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

ltbewr wrote:
Far too often, the NFL has held the Super Bowl in 'cold weather' locations as mainly to give money to owners who just did Billion Dollar $ stadiums. To me they should only be held in 'warm weather' locations like California, Phoenix, Houston, New Orleans and Florida.

IIRC if Public Money is used in the building a stadium then that city is promised a Super Bowl. Detroit got one, so did NYC (thank god that one was mild) and now MN gets one. Seattle was a privately funded stadium so they didn't get one.

It should rotate between SF, LA, AZ, Vegas, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Tampa, Jacksonville/Carolina and Miami in a 10 year rotation. Maybe make exceptions for new stadiums.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

bagoldex

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 pm

ltbewr wrote:

Not to mention there's literally nothing to do in Minneapolis. From what I understand people are just hanging out at the mall like twelve year olds. Most of the people I know going to the game are flying in on private planes, going to the game and turning around and leaving. If this was in New Orleans or Miami they'd all have flown in Thursday to party for a few days, go to the game Sunday and fly home Monday morning.

cjg225

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:46 pm

The Eagles are going to wipe New England, and I'm going to have to kill myself to save myself from the hordes of idiot Eagles fans here in eastern PA.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

aviationaware

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Ratings will be down 15%+ from last year and nobody will care. The NFL has brought this upon themselves. Good job. Just like with the entertainment award shows, they will realize way too late that they are always suspended over the precipice.

NIKV69

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:23 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Ratings will be down 15%+ from last year and nobody will care. The NFL has brought this upon themselves. Good job. Just like with the entertainment award shows, they will realize way too late that they are always suspended over the precipice.

Yea but the money is still huge and they don't care. Only way to get point across is a mass boycott and empty stadiums with real bad TV ratings and that will never happen.

casinterest

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 pm

I am going to cheer on the Patriots. It would be good to see the history that Brady and Bellichek have created.

I won't be disappointed to see the Eagles claim the championship either. I think that team has played their hearts out this year.

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots defense deals with such a strong offense of the eagles.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

af773atmsp

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 pm

bagoldex wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Not to mention there's literally nothing to do in Minneapolis. From what I understand people are just hanging out at the mall like twelve year olds. Most of the people I know going to the game are flying in on private planes, going to the game and turning around and leaving. If this was in New Orleans or Miami they'd all have flown in Thursday to party for a few days, go to the game Sunday and fly home Monday morning.

Having been to downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul during Super Bowl week I can assure you there are plenty of out-of-towners exploring more than just a giant mall. On Saturday the light rail was packed with Eagles fans heading to the Super Bowl events on Nicollet Mall. The Twin Cities has plenty to offer, but you need to know where to look.

In regards to the weather, anywhere in the northern part of the U.S. could get snow and cold, and having every Super Bowl in the south would get boring. On weekends in the winter you'll still see Downtown Minneapolis hopping with people in non-winter clothing going bar hopping and clubbing. Yeah we're used to it, but as long as you have the right clothing you'll be fine.

As for hosting, perhaps the rules have changed but we hosted the Super Bowl in 1992, and the Metrodome was built in 1982 and the decision for Minneapolis hosting it was made in 1989. I don't know if the Metrodome was publicly funded. Regardless there should be diversity in Super Bowl hosting instead of always being in the south and only in the north when a new stadium has been built.

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB

Ken777

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:28 pm

I'll go for the Eagles because I generally go for the under dogs. Regardless, I hope it is good and exciting game/

As for locations, my bet is that the fans who go to this game will have a lot of very positive things to say about their trip to the Bold North.

bagoldex

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:34 pm

af773atmsp wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Having been to downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul during Super Bowl week I can assure you there are plenty of out-of-towners exploring more than just a giant mall. On Saturday the light rail was packed with Eagles fans heading to the Super Bowl events on Nicollet Mall. The Twin Cities has plenty to offer, but you need to know where to look.

Almost any place that throws in the disclaimer "you need to know where to look" when describing its nightlife is not worth visiting, especially for a Super Bowl weekend. It's worse when walking even a few blocks is liable to give someone frostbite or at least make for an extremely unpleasant evening.

af773atmsp

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 pm

bagoldex wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Almost any place that throws in the disclaimer "you need to know where to look" when describing its nightlife is not worth visiting, especially for a Super Bowl weekend. It's worse when walking even a few blocks is liable to give someone frostbite or at least make for an extremely unpleasant evening.

Pretty sure if you want to see interesting sites besides the obvious in London (Big Ben, London Bridge), Paris (Eiffel Tower), NYC (Statue of Liberty, Central Park), etc. "you need to know where to look".

bagoldex

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 pm

af773atmsp wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

Pretty sure if you want to see interesting sites besides the obvious in London (Big Ben, London Bridge), Paris (Eiffel Tower), NYC (Statue of Liberty, Central Park), etc. "you need to know where to look".

Minneapolis is a special kind of boring though.

scbriml

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Another murdered anthem. At least P!nk took out her gum first!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:03 am

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

And with that, you are on Ignore. :yes:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 am

cjg225 wrote:
The Eagles are going to wipe New England, and I'm going to have to kill myself to save myself from the hordes of idiot Eagles fans here in eastern PA.

Eagles -- Great !!
Patriots -- Better !!

4 Quarters . . .

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

And with that, you are on Permanent Ignore. :yes:

scbriml

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 am

Great first half. Possibly best half of any Superbowl I've seen (been watching since 1983).
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

seb146

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:29 am

That Philadelphia touchdown just before halftime was a thing of beauty. I am drowning my sorrows in adult beverages over the halftime show, so excuse the gushing of that play but wow. Another adult beverage? Don't mind if I do. One each for Lance, Chris, Joey and (sigh...) JC. Here's to JC... I mean... ummmm... I love my brosband LOL

scbriml

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 am

What. A. Game!

What. A. Game!

Ken777

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 am

Outstanding!

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:23 am

That's It ! I'm Done with the NFL!!

Ken777

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Eagles -- Great !!
Patriots -- Better !!

Not today.

4 Quarters . . .

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 am

EAGLES WIN -- GET READY PHILADELPHIA ! ! ! :yes:

jetero

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I called it several posts above (before you put me on “Permanent Ignore” for the same)

(Only because I thought you were done with it months ago with your incessant whining over kneeling. Glad to know you stuck with it for a while, what a trooper you are!)

It’s interesting how some people can be as pathetic as you imagine

Cadet985

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 am

I live in Philadelphia, and this city is ecstatic. Myself included. My wallet will be feeling the consequences tomorrow lol.

Marc

af773atmsp

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 am

If the Vikings couldn't be the underdog, I'm glad the Eagles did. Excellent game, and pretty good Half Time Show as well.

jetero

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 am

af773atmsp wrote:
If the Vikings couldn't be the underdog, I'm glad the Eagles did. Excellent game, and pretty good Half Time Show as well.

Great job hosting AF773! Houston hosted last year and it was just another Brady win thanks to pathetic Falcons.

Go Eagles!

NIKV69

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 am

What a game! Jacksonville has to be trying to figure out a way to get Foles. It would make them unbeatable.

Pink didn't do a bad job with the anthem.

ikramerica

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:34 am

NIKV69 wrote:
What a game! Jacksonville has to be trying to figure out a way to get Foles. It would make them unbeatable.

She started out shaky but ended okay.

The officials called a loose game, no gift PI calls for the Pats, but no offensive holding either which gave Brady plenty of time. The yardage was high because the o lines could hold with impunity.

The lack of penalties didn't favor one team, and it should demonstrate to the NFL that the game can be played safely and competitively without over policing. Along with the catch rules being loosened in the off season, holding should be redefined to make it less common, as should PI, and illegal contact should be eliminated.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

NIKV69

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 am

ikramerica wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

She started out shaky but ended okay.

The officials called a loose game, no gift PI calls for the Pats, but no offensive holding either which gave Brady plenty of time. The yardage was high because the o lines could hold with impunity.

The lack of penalties didn't favor one team, and it should demonstrate to the NFL that the game can be played safely and competitively without over policing. Along with the catch rules being loosened in the off season, holding should be redefined to make it less common, as should PI, and illegal contact should be eliminated.

At some point the officials whether on their own or told by NFL let a lot go. That hit on Cooks was close and could have been a penalty. Either way the NFL refuses to improve it officiating so you need to accept it for what it is.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I called it several posts above (before you put me on “Permanent Ignore” for the same)

(Only because I thought you were done with it months ago with your incessant whining over kneeling. Glad to know you stuck with it for a while, what a trooper you are!)

It’s interesting how some people can be as pathetic as you imagine. ;)

The SH*T has already started . . .

The Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl for the first time in the franchise’s history on Sunday, but several players have already indicated that they will not participate in the traditional White House visit, citing their opposition to President Donald Trump.

Wide receiver Torrey Smith, who raised his fist on the field to express solidarity with the “Black Lives Matter” movement, expressed his disapproval of Trump’s war against players who take a knee during the national anthem to protest racism.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/0 ... bowl-2018/

casinterest

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

The Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl for the first time in the franchise’s history on Sunday, but several players have already indicated that they will not participate in the traditional White House visit, citing their opposition to President Donald Trump.

Wide receiver Torrey Smith, who raised his fist on the field to express solidarity with the “Black Lives Matter” movement, expressed his disapproval of Trump’s war against players who take a knee during the national anthem to protest racism.

There is no honor visiting that racist lying abusive coward. So don't expect outrage.

The football players are right to stay away from him,
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Ken777

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:25 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I can't blame any player who passes on meeting that racist pig. Probably Little Hands Trump won't even notice the insult - his skin is thicker than his hair.

william

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

This hit was Deacon Jones like. I felt this through the TV. The fact that Jenkins walks away without taunting or dancing is also very Deacon Jones. This was a message to New England, "its going to be a long day at the office".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMUR5Y_rIU

georgiabill
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Congrats to all eagle fans. Good game and eagles out played the pats in all areas of the game. Pats certainly have alot of negativity from press and fans concerning benching Butler.

dc10lover

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 pm

My prediction: a score of 41-33 Philadelphia win -:)
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of.

dc10lover

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Delete
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of.

seb146

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:59 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Why should athletes be forced to go to the White House? Other athletes have declined to visit the White House under various presidents and there was little to zero outrage. Why be upset now?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/patriot ... visit-skip

ER757

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 am

It's ironic that in a game that featured virtually no defense at all, it was a defensive play that won the game for Philly. Congrats Eagles :champagne: