Mortyman
Topic Author

Trump has given the Pentagon marching orders: He demands a giant millitary parade ...

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 am

Trump has given the Pentagon marching orders: He demands a giant millitary parade ...

President Trump’s vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade later this year showcasing the might of America’s armed forces

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c7c8afe463

jetero

Re: Trump has given the Pentagon marching orders: He demands a giant millitary parade ...

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:09 am

Quelle surprise

Tugger

Re: Trump has given the Pentagon marching orders: He demands a giant millitary parade ...

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:21 am

Dumb.

Trump continues to be a poor President for the USA, demonstrating poor presidential ability. Here he is wanting to copy France, Russia, North Korea.... wow.

Of course he was elected so he is the president we deserve currently.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Kiwirob

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 am

I watched the Victory Day parade in Moscow a few years back, it was pretty impressive, especially when the Bears flew over, the ground shook.

MaverickM11

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 am

It's more fun when you can rub homeless vets' face in the money you're pissing away while not taking care of them because "there's no money left". It sure is on-brand for Republicans.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seahawk

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 am

It will be the best military parade ever.

But first there needs to be a law, which makes not cheering at the parade a crime. Then the police needs to sweep away all those disgusting homeless veterans, so they do not taint the image of this enormous parade. It think it would be awesome to begin at sunset and then have troops in black uniforms with torches in the hand march in the dark. It would be a glorious image.

Dutchy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 am

He not only has small hands.............
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

BartSimpson

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 am

Great - exactly what a "civilised" nation needs: a wasteful (money, energy, labour) display of things that were designed and built to kill human beings.

bennett123

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

Whose benefit is this for?.

LMP737

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 am

bennett123 wrote:
Whose benefit is this for?.

His ego and insecurities.

If it wasn't a joke before it is now. Prepare yourself though for the course of "Muerica's!" coming out of his supporters and the Fox News crowd.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

bgm

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 am

Damn, that must be one serious micropenis...
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

LMP737

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 am

seahawk wrote:
It will be the best military parade ever.

But first there needs to be a law, which makes not cheering at the parade a crime. Then the police needs to sweep away all those disgusting homeless veterans, so they do not taint the image of this enormous parade. It think it would be awesome to begin at sunset and then have troops in black uniforms with torches in the hand march in the dark. It would be a glorious image.

It just boggles the mind. When it was his turn he couldn't be bothered, bone spurs and all. Yet now he sees himself as some sort of modern day Caesar.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 am

Everyone loves a parade!
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

777222LR

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm

I don't want to get accused for not supporting our military, because I do. However, this parade is about Trump's ego and authoritarian tendencies. I'm really concerned the end game is to turn the military and law enforcement against the people that don't support the president, people of color, and immigrants. This is starting to feel very odd, like shades of Germany post WW-I. Does anyone else have this uneasy feeling this is where it's going?

Aesma

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Sorry for that, he liked ours so much he wanted his own.

Meanwhile here it's quite controversial, especially after Leclerc tanks were used one time and destroyed the pavement.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm

777222LR wrote:
I don't want to get accused for not supporting our military, because I do.

You don't HAVE to attend a military parade to say that you support the military. That's a false ideal that reeks of "if you're not with us, you're against us".

You can be critical of the country's military actions if you don't agree with them. You can support the military by thanking a veteran or volunteering to help them.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

mdsh00

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Imagine the howling from Republicans if Obama or a Democrat tried doing this. Americans and the world already know about our military might. This has never been an American thing to do.

casinterest

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:59 pm

It's just another reason to send soldiers away from home to please the ego of an asshole.

However with all the training our Military does, I am sure they could come up with a training exercise to make it possible to have a formidable presence around DC to make such a parade possible. Put some Hovercraft down Pennsylvania Ave, have some Special forces demos on the Mall.

We have enough airshows, Open houses, local parades, and other items that allow communities to understand and appreciate the service our all volunteer Military performs for us.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

par13del

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm

777222LR wrote:
I don't want to get accused for not supporting our military, because I do. However, this parade is about Trump's ego and authoritarian tendencies. I'm really concerned the end game is to turn the military and law enforcement against the people that don't support the president, people of color, and immigrants. This is starting to feel very odd, like shades of Germany post WW-I. Does anyone else have this uneasy feeling this is where it's going?

Well immigrants and people of colour have had issues long before Trump became POTUS, let recall 911 and the issues that were created as a result, how about the increased number of shootings of people of colour while a person of colour was POTUS, if one says these issues are institutional versus the creations or instigation of a single individual, maybe we can finally start to resolve the issues.

bagoldex

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:58 pm

bgm wrote:
Damn, that must be one serious micropenis...

And with his gut he supposedly hasn't seen it since 1987.

CCGPV

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:24 pm

More hyperbole.

This is not going to happen.
Stay curious

wingman

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:27 pm

This asshole's heart can't explode fast enough. Just die already dickface.

Flighty

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:35 pm

This is pretty silly. The whole reason countries have military parades is to indulge in the fiction that they could contend with the US military.

It has never been necessary to make some sort of public spectacle of our military power... wonder why? Maybe because everybody knows, and already took our military seriously? Until now? This is probably about something Putin or Xi said to Trump that injured him. All the little green men in the world can't fix North Korea or deal with other powerful rivals.

jetero

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
I watched the Victory Day parade in Moscow a few years back, it was pretty impressive, especially when the Bears flew over, the ground shook.

Quelle surprise x2

bagoldex

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

wingman wrote:

A massive cocaine-induced stroke followed by twenty years in a federal prison hospital or a Staten Island nursing home would be so much better.
Last edited by bagoldex on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:29 pm

777222LR wrote:
. This is starting to feel very odd, like shades of Germany post WW-I. Does anyone else have this uneasy feeling this is where it's going?

Just about anyone in Germany for example.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

NIKV69

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm

wingman wrote:

Wow wishing death on someone. Makes you wonder.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

wingman

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 pm

What's to wonder? I love my country and want the best for it. 20 years in SuperMax sounds like fun but it would only serve to feed the Fox News Idiot Machine and keep the 30% Dumbshit Core energized.

A military parade, what for exactly? No amount of tanks and bombers can fix Trump's prenatal penis condition. Yet another thing Limp Dick isn't aware of which is the 1000+ military events and parades we already throw in cities and towns all over this country every year. He wants to be like Putin or Rocket Man? He should move to Moscow and rest Putin's sack on his chin full time. Once a week isn't sufficient.

LMP737

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

par13del wrote:
Well immigrants and people of colour have had issues long before Trump became POTUS, let recall 911 and the issues that were created as a result, how about the increased number of shootings of people of colour while a person of colour was POTUS, if one says these issues are institutional versus the creations or instigation of a single individual, maybe we can finally start to resolve the issues.

What are you even talking about?

Olddog

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Flighty wrote:
This is pretty silly. The whole reason countries have military parades is to indulge in the fiction that they could contend with the US military.

Hum France parade is every year since 1880, so I doubt there is something to do with the US power.....

salttee

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Oh my, aren't you holier than thou!

tommy1808

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

salttee wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Oh my, aren't you holier than thou!

Just wishing ain't enough, you have to wreck health care and actually get people killed..
Just wishing someone would die is way to left wing liberal. Especially if it concerns the guy responsible for the above.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Ken777

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 pm

IMO military parades are for boot camp. Not something that the enlisted guys and gals would be thrilled to be in. I was fine for boot camp but felt parading later was a waste if time - not appreciated at all.

Toss in the costs, especially costs of repairing all roads that those heavy tanks chew up, and Trump's Ego Parade is a waste of money. Much better spent elsewhere.

ltbewr

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

It is interesting that Trump was inspired by the Bastille Day parade of French's military, ironic as it celebrates the liberation of those in the Bastille prison for opposition to the then government. Trump is desperate to distract from his obscene Presidential mal-administration, to seek support from the military for his war he may go to if he gets really stupid, to keep his base happy and to mess with 'liberals'.
Some on the Pentagon have discouraged Memorial Day or 4th of July due to other conflicts (there is a big mass music and fireworks show on the Mall in DC on 4th of July), but maybe on Veterans' day (Nov. 11th) as this year would be 100 years since the end of WW I which the day represents in the USA and our then allies.
Beyond the sick political optics to the world from such an event, there is also the damage to roads and streets from the big tanks if used in the parade, massive security costs and just the overall costs that shows how wasteful this would be.

Kiwirob

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:10 pm

jetero wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Quelle surprise x2

What’s surprising about it, tens of millions of people have watched it.

I really don’t see the big deal with the US having a parade, it’s a mob of soldiers marching down a street, talk about a storm in a teacup, and given the rapture Americans have with the military I’m surprised it isn’t an annual event.

Mortyman
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:16 pm

It would be far more appropriate to support the many veterans in the US, through donations, healthcare etc. A millitary parade is just an ego trip for Trump and will only fly in the face of the many veterans. It would most likely cost millions of US Dollar tax payer money that is better used elsewhere.

seb146

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
jetero wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Quelle surprise x2

What’s surprising about it, tens of millions of people have watched it.

I really don’t see the big deal with the US having a parade, it’s a mob of soldiers marching down a street, talk about a storm in a teacup, and given the rapture Americans have with the military I’m surprised it isn’t an annual event.

Active military is part of our culture. Even a select few veterans are paraded around several times a year. Why does all that military hardware need to be paraded around too? Why not use that money to better fund the VA and/or find solutions to homeless veterans or vets with PTSD or vets with drug addictions? Why is stroking this man's ego more important?

Bush II was in the National Guard. Bush I was in the Navy. Reagan was in the Army. Carter was in the Navy. So on and so forth. TRump is the first president to demand a military parade. TRump also admires Putin like way too much admires him.

Finally, for all you Republicans who care deeply about the debt, how much will this cost to reposition all the troops and hardware and then paving all of the messed up streets all on our dime? I know deficits and debt does not matter when Republicans are in control.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 pm

An honest question for the right:

I have seen many righties say "But France does it!" in response to this military parade. France also has affordable health care for all and quality, low cost education for all. Why can't we do that?

LMP737

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:47 pm

ltbewr wrote:
It is interesting that Trump was inspired by the Bastille Day parade of French's military, ironic as it celebrates the liberation of those in the Bastille prison for opposition to the then government. Trump is desperate to distract from his obscene Presidential mal-administration, to seek support from the military for his war he may go to if he gets really stupid, to keep his base happy and to mess with 'liberals'.

That's exactly how it's going to be framed. Just go over to Fox News, right wing blogs or news sites and they will all be go on and on about how Trump is getting the "liberals" all worked up over this. You know however if Obama had done the same thing they would have had stroke.

Someone should give Joe Walsh the memo though.

Obama wasn't a King.

Trump isn't a King either. My side needs to quit treating him like one.

We don't elect Kings in this country, remember?

No military parade.

bagoldex

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:49 pm

seb146 wrote:

I have seen many righties say "But France does it!" in response to this military parade. France also has affordable health care for all and quality, low cost education for all. Why can't we do that?

France is also moving in the direction of drug decriminalization. Why can't the US do that?

seb146

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:03 pm

bagoldex wrote:
seb146 wrote:

France is also moving in the direction of drug decriminalization. Why can't the US do that?

We had started doing that with marijuana. If someone is in possession of a small amount of whatever drug, write them a large ticket and offer rehab services. I don't have a problem with that. It still does not answer my question:

If we can have a huge military show because tRump wants one, why not have affordable health care and affordable education because we all want it?

bagoldex

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
seb146 wrote:

We had started doing that with marijuana. If someone is in possession of a small amount of whatever drug, write them a large ticket and offer rehab services.

I'm talking everything, like Portugal.

Tugger

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

It is definitely a storm in a teacup and not really worthy of any consideration. That is what the issue: That Trump wants it, is even considering it when it has no value and there is no need. Any need is self serving for Trump ("I want it.", "It looks cool and neat and makes me look better to my supporters.") so he should not have even brought it up.

The country has air and military shows every week across the nation that reach out to the public so we can see that our armed forces answer to us, to "we the people". These are family events and local etc. A notional "show of power" does none of this and is costly and unneeded.

It will likely go away soon as I suspect everyone will agree it is stupid (except Trump) but again it is that it was even brought up by him. I think he wants to be seen on the TV by millions, in his presidents box, being saluted at and himself saluting the troops. He wants veneration, he wants the picture of power, and that the power is him. He wants glory and gold and the adoration of millions...

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

salttee

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Me thinks if this really comes off, many of us veterans will have a little march at the end of their march to let the nation know what we think of their crappy VA healthcare system.

seb146

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 pm

salttee wrote:
Me thinks if this really comes off, many of us veterans will have a little march at the end of their march to let the nation know what we think of their crappy VA healthcare system.

He would not stay for that. He has a tee time at Mar A Lago...

jetero

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
wingman wrote:

BerenErchamion

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm

777222LR wrote:

Why? Killing people is wrong; we shouldn't support those who do it.
It's OK to be rude to fascists.

Tugger

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 am

BerenErchamion wrote:

As a blanket statement that doesn't work.
I think I get what you mean but I can't agree with it as an absolute, as a blanket statement.

Tugg

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am

Give him a military parade. Give him the Thunderbirds & Blue Angels performing in tandem. Give him a slew of ICBMs flying in the skies above DC. Give him all the B-52s in operation rumbling over his head. Give him a parade of every single Armed Forces personnel.

Give him everything!
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 am

Mortyman wrote:
It would be far more appropriate to support the many veterans in the US, through donations, healthcare etc. A millitary parade is just an ego trip for Trump and will only fly in the face of the many veterans. It would most likely cost millions of US Dollar tax payer money that is better used elsewhere.

Don't be ridiculous there's no money for that kind of healthcare bs :rotfl: Now should we have all the B-2s fly over head or just a few in this parade?

BerenErchamion wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Does anyone even know what our military does? Beyond trot out at football games for a warm circle jerk? I don't think Americans have the faintest clue what they're supporting, other than 'fightin' for freedom o'er thurre so we don't hafta o'er hurre'.
E pur si muove -Galileo