aa87
Topic Author

Bash Israel

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Since there seems to be an insatiable need by some a.netters to bash Israel off topic on other a.net forums, I've taken the liberty of starting this thread. I invite all of you to post here, and those of us who wish can respond.

Open for business, enjoy ...

NIKV69

Re: Bash Israel

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 pm

This won't end well.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

WIederling

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 pm

On how to ruin a gift.
Murphy is an optimist

Cerecl

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 pm

I think you need to change the title. I don't think Israel as a country deserves to be "bashed" (Neither does any other country). The current government of Israel, on the other hand, is certainly not beyond criticism. Of course the Israel-Palestine relationship is very complex and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if one side of the conflict is armed to teeth and has almost unconditional support from the world's only superpower, and it keeps squeezing the other side whose main way of fighting back appears to be young people throwing pebbles and Molotov cocktails, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which side receives more criticism.
Fokker-100 SAAB 340 Q400 E190 717 737 738 763ER 787-8 772 77E 773 77W 747-400 747-400ER A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A346 A359 A380

salttee

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Cerecl wrote:
The current government of Israel, on the other hand, is certainly not beyond criticism.

That's not what the Israeli ambassador to the US says. He recently said that criticism of Israel is antisemitism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antisemitism
Not Sent from a crappy iPhone.

MaverickM11

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Where’s the violin playing emoji when you need it
E pur si muove -Galileo

Aesma

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Netanyahu
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

flyingturtle

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Israel is a stability anchor in its region. Ever since the foundation of said country, the region was blessed with peace. It respects human rights in a way we can all learn from. Founded by refugees, Israel has a long history of granting asylum to all persecuted people, regardless of color, creed and ancestry. It has never ever turned back a person in need. What's to criiticize about Israel? I honestly don't know. Born in the darkest moment of history, all Israeli citizens are completely aghast of the notion that some people might be respected less, or might have fewer rights than others.

Let's all sing the Hatikvah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DPqNHkm1bM

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

seb146

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Israel is a stability anchor in its region. Ever since the foundation of said country, the region was blessed with peace. It respects human rights in a way we can all learn from. Founded by refugees, Israel has a long history of granting asylum to all persecuted people, regardless of color, creed and ancestry. It has never ever turned back a person in need. What's to criiticize about Israel? I honestly don't know. Born in the darkest moment of history, all Israeli citizens are completely aghast of the notion that some people might be respected less, or might have fewer rights than others.

Let's all sing the Hatikvah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DPqNHkm1bM

David

That's not the story the Palestinians tell. Especially when Israeli forces bulldoze their homes and businesses.

The problem with Israel goes far beyond the Likud party and Netanyahu. It also involves the United States egging them on. Also, they have been conditioned to believe that Palestinian = terrorist. Yes, there are terrorists who are of Palestinian descent, just like there are terrorists who happen to claim Islam as their religion. But, that is for another thread. Not all Palestinians are terrorists. Israel taking their homes and businesses against their will creates Palestinian terrorists.

The other side of the coin, of course, is that not all Israelis want Palestinians removed.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

speedbird52

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 am

salttee wrote:
Cerecl wrote:
The current government of Israel, on the other hand, is certainly not beyond criticism.

That's not what the Israeli ambassador to the US says. He recently said that criticism of Israel is antisemitism.

He is playing the victim card.
"I have control" Three Words That Could Have Saved Lives.

Dutchy

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 am

speedbird52 wrote:
salttee wrote:
Cerecl wrote:

He is playing the victim card.

And that kills every discussion. Critical of Israeli policy --> antisemitism......

Two things really grabbed me, the time I was in Israel --> Yat Vashem (self-explanatory) and the border, checkpoint, between Jerusalem and Bethlehem. I waved with my Dutch passport and the Israeli soldier barely took a look at it, if at all and a Palestinian whom almost got strip searched so he could enter the East Bank.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

WIederling

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 am

Dutchy wrote:
And that kills every discussion. Critical of Israeli policy --> antisemitism......

guess the purpose :-)
Murphy is an optimist

Dutchy

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 am

WIederling wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

guess the purpose :-)

Sure, but I have a choice to accept that or not and I don't. I am convinced that in the long run, this will hurt the Israeli cause. In Europe, the attitude towards Israel has changed over the past 25years or so. Form the "Israel can't do anything wrong" towards, Israel has every right to exist, but so do the Palestinians. So a much more balanced view and thus being very critical on the way the Israeli act towards Palestinians in occupied territory.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

flyingturtle

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
That's not the story the Palestinians tell. Especially when Israeli forces bulldoze their homes and businesses.

WHAT? I totally thought Israel would have done everything to give every person the same rights and the same dignity, and would have enacted a rock-solid constitution and formed a constitutional court to oversee that! Like Germany did!

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

WIederling

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
seb146 wrote:

WHAT? I totally thought Israel would have done everything to give every person the same rights and the same dignity, and would have enacted a rock-solid constitution and formed a constitutional court to oversee that! Like Germany did!

That does not hold water.
( Looks like (?nearly?) every source of fresh water in the westbank area is "owned" by some Israeli or other. )
Murphy is an optimist

zkojq

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 pm

aa87 wrote:
Since there seems to be an insatiable need by some a.netters to bash Israel off topic on other a.net forums, I've taken the liberty of starting this thread. I invite all of you to post here, and those of us who wish can respond.

Mate, it sounds like you need a safe space.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

speedbird52

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 pm

zkojq wrote:
aa87 wrote:

Mate, it sounds like you need a safe space.

Ameen
"I have control" Three Words That Could Have Saved Lives.

scbriml

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am

salttee wrote:
Cerecl wrote:

Yep, just like any criticism of a black person is racist or criticism of a woman is misogynistic. :banghead:

It's an intellectually bankrupt argument.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

777222LR

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 am

Can someone just delete this thread? This is just flame bait. Or do we allow that now? I've been on this website since 1998 (different username), and we used to just end it before it even got started. (I just realized how old I sound). Creeps away...with my walker and tennis balls.

DIRECTFLT

Re: Israel

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 am

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

salttee

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:57 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Appropriate for the illiterate, the above DVD, which is without any claim of authorship, presents the fundi Christian POV.
The narrator is Gordon Robertson, Pat Robertson's son.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:22 pm

salttee wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Appropriate for the illiterate, the above DVD, which is without any claim of authorship, presents the fundi Christian POV.
The narrator is Gordon Robertson, Pat Robertson's son.

So, you mean that it wouldn't be appropriate Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Obama.
(I assume you'd have to be literate to get that prize, but then, I don't really know if have to literate to vote on it...).

I'm sure the DVD, bty, states who the author is, CBN. A simple Google search would give anyone, (that is literate) that information...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

salttee

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Obama whatt??

Where is this site you speak of?