NIKV69

Re: Florida shooting - Europe should set an example to the USA

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 am

seb146 wrote:
And, yes, your comment with your link is nearly meaningless, unless a person has 30 minutes to sit and watch the whole thing. Or we already watched it live the first time....

I knew you would deflect from the fact that for the first time Jake Tapper actually had a real interview and asked pertinent questions as to why his whole department didn't heed one of the warning signs and at least talk to this individual. It's ok Jake Tapper made the point so you can go back to vilifying and calling people that had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting terrorists. :wave:
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

jetero

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:20 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
And, yes, your comment with your link is nearly meaningless, unless a person has 30 minutes to sit and watch the whole thing. Or we already watched it live the first time....

I knew you would deflect from the fact that for the first time Jake Tapper actually had a real interview and asked pertinent questions as to why his whole department didn't heed one of the warning signs and at least talk to this individual. It's ok Jake Tapper made the point so you can go back to vilifying and calling people that had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting terrorists. :wave:

Nikky Nikky Nikky

where did this victim complex come from?

seb146

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:46 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And what were we supposed to react to? You simply posted "wow" and nothing else. I actually watched the video and posted my reaction to what I actually saw. Not to what the headline was. Not to what the comments were.

Why did you post the link?

More important: why, in a gun supporting state, did the sheriffs office not follow up on any threats? Aren't you rightis supposed to be about state's rights above federal rights? Why, in a gun supporting federal administration, did authorities not follow up on any threats? But, go ahead and say that I am deflecting by asking questions.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 am

jetero wrote:
Andy Griffith speaks about gun control:

https://youtu.be/4Fer9ql7itc

(Main idea: Guns are for p*ssies)

Thank you Jete. I don't appreciate Andy Griffith's understanding of guns anymore than I do his understanding of Football. Which is lacking... But, I think that Deputy Peterson might feel the same as Andy, in his heart...

But since you love Andy so much, I'll let you play the part of Barney, where Sheriff Andy Taylor explains the "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" to Opie and his schoolmates. But, if you'd rather play Mrs. Crum, I guess I understand... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDqTHoq5ZU
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

bennett123

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:13 am

Seems that both sides will shout at each other til the next mass killing.

Thoughts and prayers.

FreequentFlier

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

bagoldex wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

This sounds like a course of action that only a terrorist or a desperate and disturbed person would take. Only difference is the terrorist might be bright enough to not disclose their intentions in public.

If I knew who you were I’d drop a tip with the FBI in a second.

Do you drop tips on the millions of people who smoke marijuana every day? It's a federal crime even to this day.

Because smoking grass is exactly like plotting to manufacture and stockpile illegal arms. What time does your weekend pass from the bin expire?

Ok let's do another. I'm sure you can point me tons of posts of yours criticizing sanctuary cities, right?

After all, sanctuary cities are an absolutely clear violation of federal law.

jetero

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:34 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Do you drop tips on the millions of people who smoke marijuana every day? It's a federal crime even to this day.

Because smoking grass is exactly like plotting to manufacture and stockpile illegal arms. What time does your weekend pass from the bin expire?

Ok let's do another. I'm sure you can point me tons of posts of yours criticizing sanctuary cities, right?

Dorothy just don’t get it, bagoldex.

(Is it BTW Dot?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... g-the-law/

Someone may need to adjust that reality of theirs. And accordingly!)

scbriml

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

I'll be amazed if he believes anything printed in that "leftie, liberal rag". :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

bagoldex

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

Remember folks, the "T" in MAGAT is for "terrorist".
Last edited by bagoldex on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetero

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

Hey Dorothy is one of those from the “Making It Up As I Go Along” School of Thought.

jetero

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 pm

The latest poll is out ... 7 in 10 Americans back tougher gun laws.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ge%2Fstory

Yay for us libtards! Looks like all the crisis actors, politicizing a tragedy, and George $oro$’s money is finally working! We are making progress on our plans to take away all rights one-by-one, starting with the Militia Amendment. Today Parkland, tomorrow the World!

seahawk

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Public opinion does not write laws.

jetero

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:34 pm

seahawk wrote:
Public opinion does not write laws.

OK seahawk.

FreequentFlier

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 am

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

Ah, so no actual response to the question posed to you then.

Gee, it almost seems like your definition of civil disobedience vs anarchy is based on whether you agree with the law in question or not! Partisan hackery as a basis for legal decision making isn't going to fly as a legal principle. Sorry jet!

But thanks for tacitly acknowledging what we already knew. Now, as mentioned, if guns were banned in the US, you would have millions of people just creating them in their very own households.

So good luck with any gun ban.

FreequentFlier

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 am

scbriml wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

I'll be amazed if he believes anything printed in that "leftie, liberal rag". :rotfl:

If you guys are going to cite sources, you may want to read past the headlines. From the very article that you and jet are using:

"The debate over “sanctuary” policies gets confusing for one simple reason: There’s no official definition for “sanctuary” in immigration policy or law. In general, it refers to rules restricting state and local governments from alerting federal authorities about people who may be in the country illegally.

The administration argues that sanctuary cities are violating federal law because they run afoul of Section 1373(a) of Title 8 of the U.S. Code. That section prohibits local and state governments from enacting laws or policies that limit the governments from exchanging immigration and citizenship information with the Department of Homeland Security.

This issue gets confusing because it has to do with a technical, legal issues over a term — “sanctuary” — that has no technical or legal definition. In the absence of an official definition, the White House is adopting a broad interpretation of the term and whether the cities are violating the specific section of the U.S. Code.

But there is a difference between cities that clearly limit information-sharing on immigration and citizenship with the federal government (which Section 1373 is about) and cities that do not comply with immigration detainers (which Section 1373 is not about)."

Like I said, sanctuary cities are a violation of federal law. Thanks for citing proof.

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
scbriml wrote:
jetero wrote:

(Is it BTW Dot?

If you guys are going to cite sources, you may want to read past the headlines. From the very article that you and jet are using:

"The debate over “sanctuary” policies gets confusing for one simple reason: There’s no official definition for “sanctuary” in immigration policy or law. In general, it refers to rules restricting state and local governments from alerting federal authorities about people who may be in the country illegally.

The administration argues that sanctuary cities are violating federal law because they run afoul of Section 1373(a) of Title 8 of the U.S. Code. That section prohibits local and state governments from enacting laws or policies that limit the governments from exchanging immigration and citizenship information with the Department of Homeland Security.

This issue gets confusing because it has to do with a technical, legal issues over a term — “sanctuary” — that has no technical or legal definition. In the absence of an official definition, the White House is adopting a broad interpretation of the term and whether the cities are violating the specific section of the U.S. Code.

But there is a difference between cities that clearly limit information-sharing on immigration and citizenship with the federal government (which Section 1373 is about) and cities that do not comply with immigration detainers (which Section 1373 is not about)."

Like I said, sanctuary cities are a violation of federal law. Thanks for citing proof.

Oh DOROTHY!!!! You get better every day!

Only Dot could cite “Two Pinocchios” as “proof.”

But something tells me you’re an acolyte of Pinocchio himself so the only thing better than one is two!!!

FreequentFlier

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 am

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
scbriml wrote:

But something tells me you’re an acolyte of Pinocchio himself so the only thing better than one is two!!!

Considering that I'm refuting you with the very articles you're citing, I can see why you've resorted to not even trying anymore. It's understandable.

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Considering that I'm refuting you with the very articles you're citing, I can see why you've resorted to not even trying anymore. It's understandable.

Stop Dorothy, stop! You’re giving me side stitches!

(What’s your reality today? Did you print it with a 3D printer?)
Last edited by jetero on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 am

Duplicate

FreequentFlier

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:19 am

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:

Stop Dorothy, stop! You’re giving me side stitches!

(What’s your reality today? Did you print it with a 3D printer?)

Let's do a quick recap of our recent exchanges.

I: pointed to the likely civil disobedience that would arise out of a comprehensive gun ban or confiscation.
You: proceeded to refer to this as anarchy, even hinting this could be tantamount to treason.
I: pointed to an example (federal drug laws) where this form of civil obedience was not only practiced, but ubiquitous throughout the country.
You: proceeded to say this was a bad example without actually indicating why.
I: pointed to yet another example (sanctuary cities) where this form of civil disobedience was not only practiced, but once again very common.
You: proceeded to link to an article "debunking" my claim that this was civil disobedience since sanctuary cities were supposedly not a violation of federal law.
I: pointed to and quoted from your very own source to point out that they were in fact a violation of federal law, which you could have determined yourself if you had read past the headline of your source.
You: are now apparently ranting about Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz.

You need to bring your A game jet. You are getting thoroughly outclassed right now.

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 am

FreequentFlier wrote:

I: pointed to the likely civil disobedience that would arise out of a comprehensive gun ban or confiscation.
You: proceeded to refer to this as anarchy, even hinting this could be tantamount to treason.
I: pointed to an example (federal drug laws) where this form of civil obedience was not only practiced, but ubiquitous throughout the country.
I: pointed to yet another example (sanctuary cities) where this form of civil disobedience was not only practiced, but once again very common.
You: proceeded to link to an article "debunking" my claim that this was civil disobedience since sanctuary cities were supposedly not a violation of federal law.
I: pointed to and quoted from your very own source to point out that they were in fact a violation of federal law, which you could have determined yourself if you had read past the headline of your source.

You need to bring your A game jet. You are getting thoroughly outclassed right now.

Dot, dot, dot. (. . .?) :shakehead:

Why bring an A game when you're dealing with a D student (D for Dorothy?)?

If "Li'l Miss Adjust Your Realities Accordingly" were only capable of a dialogue as you describe.

Let's see how it went . . . 'cuz you skipped a couple steps. (I know, it was a busy weekend!)

Reply 348, I posited:

jetero wrote:
Congress (or states) can pass laws that regulate gun ownership. (Whether or not they will do so is another question.)

The constitutionality of these laws can be tested by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court has already said--Scalia included!--that the Second Amendment does not preclude the regulation of gun ownership. Details to be determined one day. (Of course not if the NRA has its way.)

We have people on here (yourself included) literally saying that the above process is not possible. Forget about efficacy--you are literally saying it's not possible.

And on top of that you're saying it doesn't matter anyway as there would be a second civil war.

There was some back-and-forth, which was summarized in my reply 359 (that's when I noticed those shiny heels!!!!)

jetero wrote:
Blather blather blather "CIVIL RIGHTS!!!"

Blah blah blah "3D PRINTER!!!!"

Blech blech blech "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO THAT MOMMY!!!!"

Rabble rabble rabble "ADJUST YOUR REALITY ACCORDINGLY"

(Remember that last one? You were really proud of that! #BigWords!)

You conflate "civil rights" with "constitutional rights." You conflate "civil disobedience" with "civil war" (your words, buddy). You conflate "civil war" with smoking marijuana and sanctuary cities. (Somehow those same rapidly firing synapses can't connect "civil war" with "sedition" or "treason," but, hey, you're a D student!)

You state:

FreequentFlier wrote:

An article from a newspaper of record was shared with you addressing that very question. It gave your assertion "Two Pinocchios." Have you ever seen Pinocchio? It's a fable about lying. The punchline of that article that that little head of yours somehow construed as backing up your assertion is:

But there is a difference between cities that clearly limit information-sharing on immigration and citizenship with the federal government (which Section 1373 is about) and cities that do not comply with immigration detainers (which Section 1373 is not about). The White House lumps both types of cities into one statement, obfuscating what’s really going on. We award Two Pinocchios for the lack of context.

Doesn't sound like an "absolutely clear violation of federal law" as stated. (How would that underachieving head of yours classify "civil war"?) It would have been better if you said you don't read Bezos's FAKE NEWS liberal rag!

Youse a bit off, Dot. Time for remedial everything.

(I know, I know, you're only going to dig in those shiny ruby slippers deeper cuz that's your shtick . . . real problems "adjusting realities" and all . . .)

incitatus

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:20 am

This discussion in public and in this thread is full of paranoia. A number of people believe that we should have better background checks, measures to keep guns from mentally ill people and a bump stock ban - even our pseudo-conservative President. These are reasonable measures, supported by many gun owners. But the response of the NRA, were it not for dead children, borders the hilarious. They have rebutted it by saying that Democrats are socialists, and that the Bill of Rights is one short step of being shredded. The NRA is not a voice for gun owners. It is a voice for gun makers. This is all about pushing product, akin to the tobacco industry, but in this case, conveniently wrapped around the National Flag. The mass shootings will continue.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

DIRECTFLT

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 am

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson says he is no coward.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 64039.html

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson says he is no coward. Peterson said he did not storm the halls looking for the shooter because he initially “heard gunshots but believed those gunshots were originating from outside of the buildings on the school campus,” according to the statement. “BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes with other law enforcement.”

He “took up a tactical position” between two other buildings next to Building 12, where Cruz spent six minutes unleashing gunfire with an AR-15 assault-style rifle. Jeff Bell, the president of BSO’s police union, said Monday that he didn’t think Peterson was a coward but does think the campus cop did not do enough that day. “I’m sorry, after 100 to 120 rounds being fired, if he still can’t figure out where the gunfire is coming from, then there are issues,” said Bell, the head of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, which is not representing Peterson.

-----------------------------------------------------
I think Deputy Peterson was a coward that day.

IF Deputy Peterson had no firm idea on where the shots were coming from, then the officers that would arrive later could figure that out. And while waiting for the other officers to arrive, Deputy Peterson should have gone inside the building, just in case the shots might be coming from inside the building.

But, of course, we know Deputy Peterson chose to not go into the building, as if there was a rule to not do so... As if..
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Broward Deputy Scot Peterson says he is no coward.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 64039.html

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson says he is no coward. Peterson said he did not storm the halls looking for the shooter because he initially “heard gunshots but believed those gunshots were originating from outside of the buildings on the school campus,” according to the statement. “BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes with other law enforcement.”

He “took up a tactical position” between two other buildings next to Building 12, where Cruz spent six minutes unleashing gunfire with an AR-15 assault-style rifle. Jeff Bell, the president of BSO’s police union, said Monday that he didn’t think Peterson was a coward but does think the campus cop did not do enough that day. “I’m sorry, after 100 to 120 rounds being fired, if he still can’t figure out where the gunfire is coming from, then there are issues,” said Bell, the head of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, which is not representing Peterson.

-----------------------------------------------------
I think Deputy Peterson was a coward that day.

IF Deputy Peterson had no firm idea on where the shots were coming from, then the officers that would arrive later could figure that out. And while waiting for the other officers to arrive, Deputy Peterson should have gone inside the building, just in case the shots might be coming from inside the building.

But, of course, we know Deputy Peterson chose to not go into the building, as if there was a rule to not do so... As if..

Does it really matter at this point? Lord knows what I would’ve done. (We all know what Bozo would do because he told us.)

FreequentFlier

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 am

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

If "Li'l Miss Adjust Your Realities Accordingly" were only capable of a dialogue as you describe.

Let's see how it went . . . 'cuz you skipped a couple steps. (I know, it was a busy weekend!)

Reply 348, I posited:

jetero wrote:
Congress (or states) can pass laws that regulate gun ownership. (Whether or not they will do so is another question.)

The Supreme Court has already said--Scalia included!--that the Second Amendment does not preclude the regulation of gun ownership. Details to be determined one day. (Of course not if the NRA has its way.)

We have people on here (yourself included) literally saying that the above process is not possible. Forget about efficacy--you are literally saying it's not possible.

And on top of that you're saying it doesn't matter anyway as there would be a second civil war.

There was some back-and-forth, which was summarized in my reply 359 (that's when I noticed those shiny heels!!!!)

jetero wrote:

You conflate "civil rights" with "constitutional rights." You conflate "civil disobedience" with "civil war" (your words, buddy). You conflate "civil war" with smoking marijuana and sanctuary cities. (Somehow those same rapidly firing synapses can't connect "civil war" with "sedition" or "treason," but, hey, you're a D student!)

You state:

FreequentFlier wrote:

An article from a newspaper of record was shared with you addressing that very question. It gave your assertion "Two Pinocchios." Have you ever seen Pinocchio? It's a fable about lying. The punchline of that article that that little head of yours somehow construed as backing up your assertion is:

But there is a difference between cities that clearly limit information-sharing on immigration and citizenship with the federal government (which Section 1373 is about) and cities that do not comply with immigration detainers (which Section 1373 is not about). The White House lumps both types of cities into one statement, obfuscating what’s really going on. We award Two Pinocchios for the lack of context.

Doesn't sound like an "absolutely clear violation of federal law" as stated. (How would that underachieving head of yours classify "civil war"?) It would have been better if you said you don't read Bezos's FAKE NEWS liberal rag!

(I know, I know, you're only going to dig in those shiny ruby slippers deeper cuz that's your shtick . . . real problems "adjusting realities" and all . . .)

Jet, you might want to consider therapy. Could help you in your current situation.

Also, gun rights are civil rights. The fact that you get so butt hurt over me stating it is wonderful.

L410Turbolet

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

jetero wrote:
Does it really matter at this point? Lord knows what I would’ve done.

Why doesn't it matter? When an airliner loses both engines halfway across the ocean, there is a reasonable expectation that pilots know what to do in such critical situation. When your heart stops while in an ambulance, there is a reasonable expectation that paramedics know how to deal with that.
By the same token there was a reasonable expectation that the cop won't be "tactically" hiding somewhere and will confront the intruder. Otherwise, what is the point of having an armed cop on the campus?

bennett123

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 am

My understanding is that Donald Trump would have gone inside even without a gun.

Not sure what that would have achieved.

DIRECTFLT

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:16 am

bennett123 wrote:
My understanding is that Donald Trump would have gone inside even without a gun.

Yes, let's have a conversation about that ! Or maybe not.... :lol:

NIKV69

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm

incitatus wrote:
This discussion in public and in this thread is full of paranoia. A number of people believe that we should have better background checks, measures to keep guns from mentally ill people and a bump stock ban - even our pseudo-conservative President. These are reasonable measures, supported by many gun owners. But the response of the NRA, were it not for dead children, borders the hilarious. They have rebutted it by saying that Democrats are socialists, and that the Bill of Rights is one short step of being shredded. The NRA is not a voice for gun owners. It is a voice for gun makers. This is all about pushing product, akin to the tobacco industry, but in this case, conveniently wrapped around the National Flag. The mass shootings will continue.

Which is why the NRA isn't the force you all make them out to be. Not to mention mass shootings will continue because much like Virginia Tech shooting someone hell bent on killing will use a handgun and I shudder to think what CNN will be doing once that happens.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:49 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Reply 348, I posited:

jetero wrote:

jetero wrote:

You state:

FreequentFlier wrote:

Jet, you might want to consider therapy. Could help you in your current situation.

Also, gun rights are civil rights. The fact that you get so butt hurt over me stating it is wonderful.

There you go with that Dot-style "dialogue" again. Picking and choosing which things to respond to. And clicking your heels and saying the same thing over and over, wishing it to be true! (You need not worry about my butt, anymore. You wanted to be the outlet, remember?!)

Civil rights are the rights that people have in a society to equal treatment and equal opportunities, whatever their race, sex, or religion.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... vil-rights

Not all constitutional rights are civil rights, Dorothy. If you want to believe that the unlimited right to owning a gun is a "constitutional right," and moreover it allows one to start a civil war if Congress and the courts say otherwise, well, so be it. But it ain't a civil right like you so inelegantly equated it to this weekend.

The issue of "sanctuary cities" isn't as "clear" and cut-and-dried as you'd like to think. (That doesn't mean you can't be "against" them, but you're starting to look really bad when you constantly make sh*t up because your heels ain't workin', Dot!)

And--I know this is a stretch for you gunnies--civil war ain't civil disobedience.

But that one probably flies over the head of anyone who gets her panties in a bunch over the mention of gun control and threatens to 3D print a gun as an act of "civil disobedience" similar to smoking a blunt. Or is "civil war" to you spending Saturday night at your house simply passing around your toy gun with your friends?

skyservice_330

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Fingers crossed his bone spurs weren't acting up or anyone inside would have been screwed.

If I am relying on a 60-70 year old to rescue me from a shooting I will take McCain or Mueller please.

jetero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Fingers crossed his bone spurs weren't acting up or anyone inside would have been screwed.

If I am relying on a 60-70 year old to rescue me from a shooting I will take McCain or Mueller please.

Trump's a*s might provide a worthwhile shield. All that hot air may lead to a seismic explosion, however.

jetero

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:21 pm

I see Bozo’s titanic a*s made this thread unpopular.

But it’s the appropriate place to put the FAKE NEWS that Daddy altered CNN email but “didn’t do so on purpose.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/er ... e1950549cc

skyservice_330

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

jetero wrote:
I see Bozo’s titanic a*s made this thread unpopular.

But it’s the appropriate place to put the FAKE NEWS that Daddy altered CNN email but “didn’t do so on purpose.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/er ... e1950549cc

Perhaps a paid operative / actor bought and paid for by Bob Mercer.

MSPbrandon

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:36 am

Not sure if anyone posted this..

Dick's Sporting Goods have stopped selling assault rifles, and will not sell weapons or ammunition to anyone under 21.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... e10572cd06

Also, Walmart will not sell to weapons to anyone under 21 either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/busi ... -sell.html

scbriml

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 am

MSPbrandon wrote:

Dick's Sporting Goods have stopped selling assault rifles, and will not sell weapons or ammunition to anyone under 21.

Also, Walmart will not sell to weapons to anyone under 21 either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/busi ... -sell.html

The gun-grabbing, libtard bastards! My rights shall not be infringed.

Signed,
The usual suspects.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

SheikhDjibouti

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:07 am

MSPbrandon wrote:

I'm loving some of the responses to this announcement, ranging from some people promising to shop more at Dick's, to others who will boycott them, such as this good ol' boy.

“Looks like my business will stay with local gun shops and anything else I need will be purchased at Bass Pro and Cabelas,”

He forgot to add that the local gun shop was staffed by his wife and sister....... and when she's not there, the shop relies on an honesty box next to the register. :bouncy:

Meanwhile, it's been a very mixed week for Dick's Sporting Goods; in his spare time one of their staff picked up a Gold Medal with the US Olympic Curling Team (& then got into hot water with a tweet to Delta asking for an upgrade on the flight home).
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.

bgm

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 am

jetero wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Trump's a*s might provide a worthwhile shield. All that hot air may lead to a seismic explosion, however.

The sound of a gun being fired would turn those white shorts a dirty shade of brown.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

seb146

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Here is an interesting article my cousin shared on social media

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/second ... e-slavery/

DIRECTFLT

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 am

jetero

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:26 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Is that what God told you? Book of Kellyanne, Chapter 7, verse 6?

DIRECTFLT

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:04 am

NO, that's what Common Sense told me. Try it sometime!

Francoflier

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am

There are background checks for immigrants and much unlike gun violence, there is no endemic voter fraud in the US, and you know full well that voter ID laws are a GOP tool for voter suppression.

So much for common sense.

Just stop it with your straw man arguments, please.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

seb146

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

How many illegal votes were cast in the last election? How many people living in the United States with expired visas or who hopped the fence (that apparently does not exist) are in possession of firearms and weapons?

Maybe you should do some research and use Google before you post these ridiculous, feel-good, bumper sticker band-aids.

flyingclrs727

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 pm

It hasn't worked out so well for DL. The Georgia legislature decided not to enact the $40 million aviation fuel tax break that DL wanted.

I doubt Delta is going to abandon billions of dollars it has invested in its Atlanta hub which just happens be the busiest airport in the world over this issue.

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:26 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

You and your white supremacist buddies find any meaningful voter fraud yet or are y'all still looking? Klansman Kobach has been really quiet lately...
E pur si muove -Galileo

WIederling

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

IF you have to shout you have already lost the argument.
Murphy is an optimist

seahawk

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Perhaps it is time to first control the media and their visualized orgies of violence, before thinking about reducing a constitutional right.

https://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/ ... mpilation/

2122M

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:30 pm

seahawk wrote:
Perhaps it is time to first control the media and their visualized orgies of violence, before thinking about reducing a constitutional right.

What you are actually saying is perhaps it is time to restrict the first amendment instead of the second amendment? Either way you are talking about a reducing a constitutional right.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 pm

2122M wrote:
seahawk wrote:

What you are actually saying is perhaps it is time to restrict the first amendment instead of the second amendment? Either way you are talking about a reducing a constitutional right.

Except the NRA Big Book of Rules™ clearly states there is a big difference between restricting a gun owner's constitutional rights, as opposed to restricting everyone else's constitutional rights.

Remember; All constitutional rights are equal, but some are more equal than others :yes:
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.