I don't think anyone can prove one way or the other...nor will anyone be able to. Here are my personal views.
1. If God exists....something truly wonderful awaits those who follow him in the afterlife. If there is no God, then we are truly done for when we pass on. The former sounds better to me thank you.
Yay.. you get to worship god for all eternity. Basically what North Korea is today, only without death as escape hatch.
2. There is much talk about the Ten Commandments. It is my firm belief that if every person on this planet followed the ten commandments, regardless of whether or not god exists, we would not have the mass shootings we have, we would not have the hate we have, couples would stay married for life, there would be no cheating, there would be no sexual abuse.
The Bible, 10 commandments and all, is full of genocide and sexual abuse. Didn´t seem to work then, why would it work now?
Thou shalt have no other gods before me
Yeah, talking people freedom away is sure gonne help world peace...
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
Yes, civilization, peace and harmony absolutely depend on not making images.... *rolleyes*
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
Also utter useless. Unless of course people get pissed if you call their god thes arguably most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a mysogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
But then again, if they didn´t worship that ass, they wouldn´t care .....
And Jesus has announced to murder all of us, well, actually 7 Trillion of us, according to the bible, and torture many of them for all eternity, so he is even worse than his father.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
Well, i guess one common rest day makes sense for a coherent society and families.
The rest is at least somewhat useful, but people that never even heard about the ten commandments usually follow all of them
3. Bible or no Bible, the existence of Jesus Christ seems to be pretty much confirmed by most historians.
Well, that has come under fire, and significantly so. Other religions have better evidence for their truth value than Christianity, and there is zero evidence for an historical Jesus. That is just dogma, and in the last decades people did start looking at that "Evidence"and found there isn´t really anything. But we get more and more Evidence for fake and made up stories in the Bible, Church fathers complaining about how freely holy texts get edited and complaining that Christianity is so complicated that someone needed a easy to digest story for the uneducated sheep and babes.
The early part of the Old Testament forms the basis for Jewish law as it existed back in those times. Jesus was well familiar with it. I tend to listen to Jesus from back in those times. His teachings form the basis for my own faith.
Yup, and Jesus existed and had been divine, he would have known that much of the old testament, the exodus for example, never happened.
4. I have heard too many stories of supernatural experiences to be a coincidence.
And none of those holds up to any sort of scrutiny
5. Lastly, I do believe that the terms God and Nature are synonymous.
so no personal god?
Not asking for anyone to agree with me here, but thats how I feel.
I don´t think we have much more influence on what we believe than we do on who we love.
This Singature is a safe space......