Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Northeast WS Quincy IRROPs thread

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:03 am

Winter Storm Quincy appears headed for NYC, BDL, PVD, BOS and to some extent PHL. Looks like New England is going to get the brunt of the storm as I can only expect to see alot of cancelations there. Being from Jersey I'm more concerned about EWR, LGA, JFK. Travel advisories have been issued from WN, AA, DL and B6. Forecast is calling for 5-10" of snow for NYCs 3 airports. Winds will be 20-30mph with gusts up to 40. Will the airlines due a lot of preemptive cancellation. I don't know my parents are coming back from Orlando to Newark late Wednesday and at minimum I'm going to have a long night waiting to pick them up
Webmaster of an unoffical TTN page see profile for details

NickolayAv

Re: Northeast WS Quincy IRROPs thread

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Will be fun to compare BOS vs. JFK in a winter storm again.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

airbazar

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Not expecting a lot at BOS proper. Current forecast is for 2-4 inches with the heaviest falling Wednesday evening and clearing early Thu morning. Coastal areas in New England appear to be getting mostly sleet and rain. Nevertheless I'd still expect airlines to keep aircraft away from the storm.

evank516

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm

NYC and Long Island is still a toss up. Some models give us ridiculously heavy snow, others give us a rain/snow mix which wouldn't amount to anything. Coastal cities (BOS, NYC, PHL, BAL) can often be a battleground due to maritime influences. Sometimes we're not and it's just snowmageddon, but other times we don't know what precip type we're going to see. BOS and NYC are in those cross hairs this time. Expect IRROPS at all three NYC Airports and BOS too because of high winds.