All D candidates for Gov. 1,011,127

Texas Lt. Governor
Dan Patrick 1,148,924
All D candidates for Lt. Gov. 928,866

Texas Land Commissioner
George P. Bush (All R votes 1,455,118)
All D votes 939,063

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/resul ... y-election
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Jouhou

Re: The US 2018 Elections

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

(Obviously not how you feel, but go Beto!)

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Jouhou wrote:
(Obviously not how you feel, but go Beto!)

Cruz beat Trump in the 2016 Texas R Primaries...

Nothing to fear from Francis..
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Dutchy

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 pm

I thought Ted Cruz was going to be kicked out. Guess he will stay on.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

CCGPV

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Where did you hear that? He's been favored to win since forever.
Stay curious

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

More Fake News.

jetero

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

More Fake News.

Which one of the nutjob media outlets that you listen to DF, pray tell, has been predicting Ted Cruz would lose the Republican primary for U.S. Senate from Texas?

seb146

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 am

Does Texas have open primaries? That changes a lot of numbers if they do not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 402253002/
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ltbewr

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 am

The Democrats still have serious problems with trying to gain power in many states and for Federal office - House and Senate. One of the biggest ones is that Democrats are seen as 'tax and spend liberals' - taking money via taxes from working and middle class whites and giving more benefit programs to poor and usually (to such voters) non-White persons. Further, Democrats are seen as supporting those illegally in the USA, legal abortion, GLTBQ rights, more government regulations and so on which further turn off many White voters.
Bashing Trump in hopes to win won't be enough, they must come up with reasons to vote for them that don't cost taxpayers or businesses more, and more conservative as to social issues, but that makes them de facto Republicans and will lose.

WarRI1

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 am

ltbewr wrote:
The Democrats still have serious problems with trying to gain power in many states and for Federal office - House and Senate. One of the biggest ones is that Democrats are seen as 'tax and spend liberals' - taking money via taxes from working and middle class whites and giving more benefit programs to poor and usually (to such voters) non-White persons. Further, Democrats are seen as supporting those illegally in the USA, legal abortion, GLTBQ rights, more government regulations and so on which further turn off many White voters.
Bashing Trump in hopes to win won't be enough, they must come up with reasons to vote for them that don't cost taxpayers or businesses more, and more conservative as to social issues, but that makes them de facto Republicans and will lose.

I agree, they have not learned much since 2016, still preaching the same that got them defeated. They have not learned that many of the people who they are trying to help are either unable or too lazy to vote.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

CCGPV

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

I agree, they have not learned much since 2016, still preaching the same that got them defeated. They have not learned that many of the people who they are trying to help are either unable or too lazy to vote.

This is killing the Democrats in national elections.
Stay curious

WarRI1

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:55 am

CCGPV wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

This is killing the Democrats in national elections.

No doubt in my mind, yet they plod on, I watch it every night, and see a repeat coming in 18 unless someone speaks up.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:04 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

They have doubled and tripled down. It will be a stunning defeat for their anti-family social agenda!!

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 am

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

More Fake News.

Which one of the nutjob media outlets that you listen to DF, pray tell, has been predicting Ted Cruz would lose the Republican primary for U.S. Senate from Texas?

You took it the wrong way Jet... what a surprise !!!

I was responding to Dutch. He said "I thought Ted Cruz was going to be kicked out. Guess he will stay on."

My response: "More Fake News."

Jouhou

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
their anti-family social agenda!!

Sounds like the trump agenda. ;)

tommy1808

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

ltbewr wrote:
One of the biggest ones is that Democrats are seen as 'tax and spend liberals' - taking money via taxes from working and middle class whites and giving more benefit programs to poor and usually (to such voters

So, they have missed the GOP adding 2 Trillion to.the national and giving most of it to the rich?

Best regards

Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

jetero

Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:44 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

More Fake News.

I was responding to Dutch. He said "I thought Ted Cruz was going to be kicked out. Guess he will stay on."

DF, have started to connect the dots and I now realize you’re one of those Old Codger Baby Boomer Texans, which actually makes me like you more because it’s a pretty familiar demographic to me. You could be my father! And I’m about to turn 40! You two should play golf.

A tip for the geriatrics, DF, when you quote someone and want to make a point, you need to scroll up farther (further, I guess, we’re in Texas!) and cite the original message.

WarR1 and Ken777 have got it figured out, no problem!

(Let me guess, your roots are from East Texas ... like mine ... )

jetero

Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:46 am

seb146 wrote:

You can vote in any primary, regardless of registration, but can’t vote in both. There are a whole cadre of us who vote in Republican primaries for normalcy.

Thank God Kathaleen Wall lost!

BartSimpson

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:16 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

More Fake News.

There's a difference between the words "thought" and "read".

seb146

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:17 am

ltbewr wrote:

I see Democrats saying "here is the difference and why you should vote for us" and giving good examples. I think voters are taking notice. It seems Democrats are acting more locally and on the issues. MSM is saying Democrats want illegals and all that. Democrats actually have a different script. MSM is twisting it all around.

Jouhou

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:26 am

seb146 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

I see Democrats saying "here is the difference and why you should vote for us" and giving good examples. I think voters are taking notice. It seems Democrats are acting more locally and on the issues. MSM is saying Democrats want illegals and all that. Democrats actually have a different script. MSM is twisting it all around.

Why is team blue saying msm now??? But yes, lots of pissed off people = better quality candidates getting off their asses and running for office.

2122M

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

They have doubled and tripled down. It will be a stunning defeat for their anti-family social agenda!!

Just out of curiosity, how is the democratic platform at all "anti-family'?

Mass deportations literally break-up families. Banning gay marriage and/or adoption literally prevents families from forming. Keeping minimum wage low forces low income parents to work more hours or multiple jobs preventing them from being with their families. There are more examples of conservative back ideas that are very "anti-family", but I still wouldn't slap that label on the republican party since I disagree, but understand the approach they are taking. I can't think of any examples of a democratic policy being "anti-family" though.

tommy1808

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:55 pm

2122M wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how is the democratic platform at all "anti-family'?.

they are pro-choice, both for reproduction as well as getting married and divorced. If you are a religious nutjob that is very anti-family.

best regards
Thomas

Jouhou

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
2122M wrote:

they are pro-choice, both for reproduction as well as getting married and divorced. If you are a religious nutjob that is very anti-family.

best regards
Thomas

Andddd... Trump is a serial adulterer, has probably paid for 2939382 abortions in his lifetime, and has openly mocked pence for being a homophobic turd. I don't get it, these "pro-family" types don't actually care about the things they say they care about.

It's not just trump, when republicans get mixed up in scandals it seems like it's always the exact opposite behavior compared to what they campaigned on.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:29 pm

To sum up the Texas Primary.... The Blue "Wave" hit a Red "Sea Wall".....

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

CCGPV

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
2122M wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Andddd... Trump is a serial adulterer, has probably paid for 2939382 abortions in his lifetime, and has openly mocked pence for being a homophobic turd. I don't get it, these "pro-family" types don't actually care about the things they say they care about.

It's not just trump, when republicans get mixed up in scandals it seems like it's always the exact opposite behavior compared to what they campaigned on.

Its called nuance. Most evangelicals (and most people) can look past the infidelity and what not in order to enact a greater agenda. They see the agenda more important than the man behind it. Having faults doesn't disqualify a person outright. Same way many on the left side of the spectrum look past some of the more dubious things Hillary or Obama has done and look at their greater agenda as more important.

How is this not something people realize?
Stay curious

bagoldex

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:08 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Its called nuance. Most evangelicals (and most people) can look past the infidelity and what not in order to enact a greater agenda.

Nuance? Was that the word of the week at the troll farm? It's called hypocrisy, plain and simple. American Evangelicals are some of the least educated and least prosperous people in the civilized world. Nobody in their right mind should give them the time of day, never mind govern according to their whims, fantasies and fairy tales.

CCGPV

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:31 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Its called nuance. Most evangelicals (and most people) can look past the infidelity and what not in order to enact a greater agenda.

Nuance? Was that the word of the week in troll class? It's called hypocrisy, plain and simple. American Evangelicals are some of the least educated and least prosperous people in the civilized world. Nobody in their right mind should give them the time of day, never mind govern according to their whims, fantasies and fairy tales.

So what? Yes, they are hypocritical. Just like everyone else. Every group has its hypocrites. Maybe to a larger degree but that doesn't matter. Their vote counts as much as yours and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Crying and moaning about them does nothing. If Democrats (especially the youth) actually voted it wouldn't even be close. They would win every single national election, every single time.

There are more educated millennial and Democrat voters than evangelical voters by a large margin so why don't they put their money where their mouth is and vote? Truth is most young people are too lazy and don't care.
Stay curious

apodino

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 pm

I was listening to a talk show last week hosted by a former IL Congressman named Joe Walsh. (His district was gerrymandered after taking office and then he lost to Tammy Duckworth). I don't like the guy personally, as I think he is arrogant, too far to the right, and the guy he replaced on my local radio station was much better. He did say something that I found interesting about Trump. He said that he knows that Trump is awful to women, a serial adultery, cheater, and not the type of guy you want your daughter to marry. He voted for Trump anyways, because he wanted someone who was not a normal Washington guy, and that would be irrational and create chaos in Washington, a place he despises.

My attitude was this. I believed during the election that the agenda that Hillary Clinton was proposing would have been disastrous for the country, and I believe we would be in a recession right now if she were elected. However, I do believe in morals and that my elected officials should be men or women of character and should be people we look up to. Trump did not fit that bill for me either, and still doesn't. And because politics is getting more and more divisive with the bases of both parties insisting on ideological purity, its only going to get worse and it drives good people of character from running. Instead we get people like Trump, Clinton, McConnell, Warren, and north of the border Kathleen Wynne who are our leaders. And we wonder why our country is in trouble.

bagoldex

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

apodino wrote:
My attitude was this. I believed during the election that the agenda that Hillary Clinton was proposing would have been disastrous for the country, and I believe we would be in a recession right now if she were elected.

Why do you believe this? What experience or credentials do you possess that would give anyone here reason to value your opinion on HC's proposed economic policies? I hope it's not just a gut feeling or blind faith, lol.

einsteinboricua

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 am

bagoldex wrote:
apodino wrote:
My attitude was this. I believed during the election that the agenda that Hillary Clinton was proposing would have been disastrous for the country, and I believe we would be in a recession right now if she were elected.

Why do you believe this? What experience or credentials do you possess that would give anyone here reason to value your opinion on HC's proposed economic policies? I hope it's not just a gut feeling or blind faith, lol.

I was about to ask the same thing.

Maybe the stock market would have dropped out of fears that regulations would be introduced (but with a GOP-held Congress, it would have been just a continuation of Obama's last two years in office). Then again, we were told for years that performance of the stock market has no correlation with everyone's economic situation...until Trump was elected. And now, even the West Virginian coal-miner without a dollar to his name goes crazy when the market reaches new highs, even though he's not benefitting from it.

So pray tell, how would Clinton's election have precipitated a recession?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

2122M

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

So pray tell, how would Clinton's election have precipitated a recession?

Because e-mails and Bengazi obviously.

apodino

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:54 pm

bagoldex wrote:
apodino wrote:

I believe that the Senate would be under democratic control had Clinton won because a couple of Senate races won by republicans I believe were won based on Trumps Coattails. I believe Feingold would have won WI, and McGinty would have won PA, which would have meant Kaine would break Ties. I believe that the executive branch would have been stacked with Liberals, and that we would have gotten a more liberal justice on the Supreme Court than Merrick Garland. (Or Garland would have been confirmed in a lame duck session).

Clinton was proposing economic policies that seemed to be stay the course. Which gave us very slow economic growth. It kept plenty of people out of work. There is a ton of money sitting overseas that would still be sitting there under the old status quo, which means that there would be very little repatriation, meaning the wealthy just keep their money offshore. If the money isn't coming back, it would have dried up. Not to mention they proposed socking the rich more, even though they know full well that increasing the rates isn't going to add a ton of revenue and that these increases will trickle down to the middle class.

Not to mention institutions like the CPFB would have run amok in a Clinton administration, and the problem with agencies like this is there is no due process. Which is exactly how the people who designed it wanted it. And some of these people want to seek higher office. It just makes me sick.

So if you add those things up, none of that seems bullish to me, and I would be a bear now. But given what has happened recently, I am still bullish on this market.

2122M

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 pm

apodino wrote:
Clinton was proposing economic policies that seemed to be stay the course. Which gave us very slow economic growth. It kept plenty of people out of work. There is a ton of money sitting overseas that would still be sitting there under the old status quo, which means that there would be very little repatriation, meaning the wealthy just keep their money offshore. If the money isn't coming back, it would have dried up. Not to mention they proposed socking the rich more, even though they know full well that increasing the rates isn't going to add a ton of revenue and that these increases will trickle down to the middle class.

Not to mention institutions like the CPFB would have run amok in a Clinton administration, and the problem with agencies like this is there is no due process. Which is exactly how the people who designed it wanted it. And some of these people want to seek higher office. It just makes me sick.

So if you add those things up, none of that seems bullish to me, and I would be a bear now. But given what has happened recently, I am still bullish on this market.

The Obama policies gave us 7 consecutive years of steady GDP and jobs growth and a steady decline in unemployment getting under 5% in his final year. You say 'Stay the Course' like it's a bad thing when in my opinion, a continued decline in unemployment and steady GDP growth are actually good.

My apologies if that is a controversial position to take on jobs and the economy.

The CPFB was put in place to protect the US economy (and by extension the world economy) from another meltdown. As I am anti-global economic meltdown I would prefer them to continue doing that job.

Again, I apologize if you are pro-global economic meltdown. I know all opinions are valid.

When it comes to trickle down economics, there is obviously a lot of opinions and stats can be thrown around that support both sides, but historically speaking, very little money ever trickles down. The poorest Americans saw the best economic results in the post war years through to the end of the 60's. That was when taxes were highest (and the rich were still quite rich).

And how none of that made you feel bullish is crazy. If you were an investor from 2010-2016, you did very, very well.

But as they say, Feels before Reals!

bagoldex

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 pm

apodino wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
apodino wrote:

I believe that the Senate would be under democratic control had Clinton won because a couple of Senate races won by republicans I believe were won based on Trumps Coattails. I believe Feingold would have won WI, and McGinty would have won PA, which would have meant Kaine would break Ties. I believe that the executive branch would have been stacked with Liberals, and that we would have gotten a more liberal justice on the Supreme Court than Merrick Garland. (Or Garland would have been confirmed in a lame duck session).

So Fox News talking points basically, all baseless opinion and anti-liberal bluster.

einsteinboricua

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 pm

apodino wrote:
Clinton was proposing economic policies that seemed to be stay the course. Which gave us very slow economic growth. It kept plenty of people out of work.

Except years of good economic and jobs growth were the norm, to the point where economists have said the economy is at full employment. There's a reason "slow and steady wins the race" is mentioned all over.

apodino wrote:
There is a ton of money sitting overseas that would still be sitting there under the old status quo, which means that there would be very little repatriation, meaning the wealthy just keep their money offshore.
And what has the current administration proposed to address that other than lowering the tax rate? If anything that just creates more incentive for companies to stash it all away.

apodino wrote:
Not to mention they proposed socking the rich more, even though they know full well that increasing the rates isn't going to add a ton of revenue and that these increases will trickle down to the middle class.
We're told time and time again about how trickle-down economics is a slur word from liberals about Reaganomics...but you've just alluded that trickle-down is all what conservatives are about. How has that worked out? Still waiting to see the Appalachian coalminers and the Midwestern factory workers laughing all the way to the bank to cash out their stocks.

apodino wrote:
Not to mention institutions like the CPFB would have run amok in a Clinton administration, and the problem with agencies like this is there is no due process.

The horror of having an agency keep companies in check by not taking advantage of consumers. Oh woe is us!

apodino wrote:
What goes up must come down...and it won't be pretty.

CitizenJustin

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

By anti-family, you mean white, heterosexual families that you consider normal. You could care less about other types of families Republicans harm.

apodino

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

Ok let me address the CFPB. I know the excuse that was made to put the CFPB in place. There were already government agencies in place to keep banks in check. The problem wasn't that they weren't there, its that they weren't doing their jobs. Rather than make those agencies do their jobs, lets go and create another agency. One that has no accountability to congress at all. One that can punish people at will without cause and without due process. One that has powers so scary that it is comparable to the communist party of China. And because our government is bought and paid for, one that can be bought off by the very corporations that its supposed to be accountable for.

I get the financial meltdown, and I get that the banks were not playing fair. If the government agencies tasked with preventing this from happening would have done their job, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. That's what you need to do. You don't go and create another government bureaucracy with absolutely no accountability and one that can violate a companies fourth amendment rights at will.

As for the Trickle Down. Let me be clear on something. When Tax Cuts happen, they don't trickle down. When you raise taxes, they do trickle down.

bagoldex

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 am

apodino wrote:
Ok let me address the CFPB .... has powers so scary that it is comparable to the communist party of China.

Such as?

seb146

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:37 am

apodino wrote:
Ok let me address the CFPB. I know the excuse that was made to put the CFPB in place. There were already government agencies in place to keep banks in check. The problem wasn't that they weren't there, its that they weren't doing their jobs. Rather than make those agencies do their jobs, lets go and create another agency. One that has no accountability to congress at all. One that can punish people at will without cause and without due process. One that has powers so scary that it is comparable to the communist party of China. And because our government is bought and paid for, one that can be bought off by the very corporations that its supposed to be accountable for.

I get the financial meltdown, and I get that the banks were not playing fair. If the government agencies tasked with preventing this from happening would have done their job, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. That's what you need to do. You don't go and create another government bureaucracy with absolutely no accountability and one that can violate a companies fourth amendment rights at will.

As for the Trickle Down. Let me be clear on something. When Tax Cuts happen, they don't trickle down. When you raise taxes, they do trickle down.

But Republicans decided, ahead of the fincancial collapse, that Dodd-Frank was no longer needed. It was not enforced. Because Republicans did not want to enforce Dodd-Frank but, instead, get rid of it AFTER the collapse, CFPB was created. This is why Iceland jailed their "too big to fail" bank executives when their economy collapsed. That is what we should have done but they needed to be rewarded.

tommy1808

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 am

Trumpistas still to shellshocked from the special election of why aren´t they celebrating so much winning yet?

Did the Kremlin sleep or why isn´t the Internet full of claims that illegal voters have been bussed in in large numbers?

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:30 am

With 100% of precincts reporting in the Pennsylvania special election, a Democrat is the projected winner

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ction.html

So much winning and #MAGA. Are you righties tired of all the winning? Of course, millions were voting illegally in this election, right?

I know there should be a recall when elections are this close and some votes may be invalidated, but, still: where is the chorus of "so much winning" and "stop the winning" when tRump was elected by a MINORITY of votes?

einsteinboricua

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
Of course, millions were voting illegally in this election, right?

I didn't want to say anything, but George Soros paid for me to go vote in the election. I turned him down, however. Didn't meet my minimum threshold. But he does pay handsomely to protest town halls. I'm getting ready to retire with all the money I've been given.

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

apodino wrote:
One that can punish people at will without cause and without due process.

Since this CFPB is apparently running wild, why haven't there been mass arrests related to the financial crisis. Where is all this punishment they are supposed 'illegally' to be doling out?

And I have to agree that when you raise taxes, it does trickle down. It trickles down in the form of a modern and efficient infrastructure, better performing public schools, a stronger safety net for our most vulnerable etc.... Its no surprise that the US has a combination of extremely low taxes (globally speaking), underperforming schools and a crumbling infrastructure. These things tend to go hand in hand.

Jouhou

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:04 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Trumpistas still to shellshocked from the special election of why aren´t they celebrating so much winning yet?

Did the Kremlin sleep or why isn´t the Internet full of claims that illegal voters have been bussed in in large numbers?

best regards
Thomas

They'd have a hard time getting people to buy that one considering how deep in trump country this was.

NIKV69

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 pm

seb146 wrote:
With 100% of precincts reporting in the Pennsylvania special election, a Democrat is the projected winner

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ction.html

So much winning and #MAGA. Are you righties tired of all the winning? Of course, millions were voting illegally in this election, right?

I know there should be a recall when elections are this close and some votes may be invalidated, but, still: where is the chorus of "so much winning" and "stop the winning" when tRump was elected by a MINORITY of votes?

Dude get a grip. The GOP candidate was horrid and the Dem had to tell everyone he basically is a republican that won't support Nancy Pelosi to win. Which was a lie because if he survives the recount he is only in office till November when he has to run again and his voting record (Which will be hard left because Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer run the party and Lamb will vote how they tell him) will make sure he loses in the regular election.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

einsteinboricua

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Dude get a grip. The GOP candidate was horrid and the Dem had to tell everyone he basically is a republican that won't support Nancy Pelosi to win. Which was a lie because if he survives the recount he is only in office till November when he has to run again and his voting record (Which will be hard left because Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer run the party and Lamb will vote how they tell him) will make sure he loses in the regular election.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Fairly certain that had the result been the other way, Saccone would have been proof of how people still adore the Trump agenda and how Lamb needed to be a far-left candidate to win.

Forget who won...the seat will disappear. But you can't erase the impact: a 20-point district for Trump (unopposed at the congressional district level) went for the Democrat. Even if Saccone had eeked out a small win, it would have been more evidence of what we saw in the 2017 races: big swings towards the Democrats in uber-red districts.

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Lamb is pro-union, pro-clean energy (in coal country no less) and pro-ACA, in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy (or at the very least he is against cutting taxes for the wealthy), against the 20 week abortion ban....

Yea, total republican.

And the GOP candidate may have not been great (very few are), but that doesn't change the fact that Trump went out there to rally for him and it didn't do squat to help.

NIKV69

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 pm

2122M wrote:

Lamb is pro-union, pro-clean energy (in coal country no less) and pro-ACA, in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy

Then why did he openly say he wouldn't support Pelosi?
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

flyingclrs727

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:13 pm

seb146 wrote:

Any registered voter in Texas can pick any party during primaries every 2 years. The only restrictions are candidates running in one party's primary can't vote in another party's primary. Voters in one primary can't switch and vote in another party's primary. Delegates to precinct, county, and state conventions must have voted in the party primary. Primary voters may not sign petitions for ballot access by independent or third party candidates. For the next election cycle, only party primary voters from the previous cycle may sign petitions to put candidates on a primary party ballot.

When you consider Ted Cruz got over 85% of the vote in his party primary, crossover voters were irrelevant in his race.