MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 am

3 package bombs have expolded in Austin

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/us/austi ... index.html

2 people have been killed.

Now under investgation.
 
MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

exploded*
investigation*
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11641
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 am

So who was it, muslims, Russians or angry white people???
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:26 am

Kiwirob wrote:
So who was it, muslims, Russians or angry white people???


Looking like angry white people (isn't that Russians too?) since the targets have been black and hispanic.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2641
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 am

Lone Wolf
Thoughts and prayers
Bombs don't kill people, people kill people...


Did I cover it correctly?
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11876
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am

Kiwirob wrote:
So who was it, muslims, Russians or angry white people???


Maybe they read Bill Ayers' book. He was white and angry.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
WIederling
Posts: 6829
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

jetwet1 wrote:
Did I cover it correctly?


More guns and it wouldn't have happened.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6679
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 pm

WIederling wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
Did I cover it correctly?


More guns and it wouldn't have happened.

No. More bombs. The only way to stop a bad guy with bombs is a good guy with bombs.

and

NO TO BOMB CONTROL!
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 16031
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:44 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
No. More bombs. The only way to stop a bad guy with bombs is a good guy with bombs.

and

NO TO BOMB CONTROL!


Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't say you can't have bombs! The NRA will be pushing for it soon enough.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6679
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

scbriml wrote:
Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't say you can't have bombs! The NRA will be pushing for it soon enough.

Well of course. The 2nd Amendment is not specific. At the time assault rifles weren't a thing and neither were homemade bombs. So absolutely! :bigthumbsup:
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
WIederling
Posts: 6829
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Well of course. The 2nd Amendment is not specific. At the time assault rifles weren't a thing and neither were homemade bombs. So absolutely! :bigthumbsup:


I am going to campaign for Household Atomics.
Murphy is an optimist
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11641
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:57 pm

scbriml wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
No. More bombs. The only way to stop a bad guy with bombs is a good guy with bombs.

and

NO TO BOMB CONTROL!


Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't say you can't have bombs! The NRA will be pushing for it soon enough.


a bomb is an arm, so it should be allowed, I'm sure some of our members have a few bombs at home for emergency situations. You never know when you need to rise up against the govt and restore the rule of law and clean out the swamp.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8373
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I want a cannon, loaded and ready. I am confident it won't go off and lob a 4lb ball an imperfect trajectory.
And they were most certainly around at the time the constitution was written so they are absolutely covered.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Route66
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:23 pm

"Breaking"? This is two days old..
 
salttee
Posts: 2696
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Tugger wrote:
I want a cannon, loaded and ready. I am confident it won't go off and lob a 4lb ball an imperfect trajectory.
And they were most certainly around at the time the constitution was written so they are absolutely covered.

Tugg
Such things are legal, at least using black powder.

http://www.blackpowder-cannons.com/
Not Sent from a crappy iPhone.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
So who was it, muslims, Russians or angry white people???


Looking like angry white people (isn't that Russians too?) since the targets have been black and hispanic.

Two black dead, from families that have a connection, albeit obscure.

The Hispanic involved in incident #3 might be a red herring; 35% of Austin's population is Hispanic, so a random strike or just a bomb delivered to the wrong address could easily account for this. Plus this victim is a 75-year old woman - not the most obvious target.

What I find equally strange is the time delay; the first event was on March 2nd, followed by two more packages on March 12th.

Still, I guess this is just some patriotic American exercising his 2nd Amendment rights.
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 1930
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:29 pm

If the authorities have not yet arrested a suspect how can the bombings be considered a racist act?
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:14 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
If the authorities have not yet arrested a suspect how can the bombings be considered a racist act?


No one here has concluded that.
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
If the authorities have not yet arrested a suspect how can the bombings be considered a racist act?


No formal conclusions yet, but the fact that the victims were black or Hispanic exponentially increases the likelihood that this is racially motivated. Police would be foolish to not go down that road.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 am

Another bomb in Austin...
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 pm

All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11876
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:14 pm

bgm wrote:
All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1


Did you leave out radical Islamic terrorist on purpose?

Glad he is dead and he wasn't successful in hurting any law enforcement in his suicide by cop.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:
All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1


Did you leave out radical Islamic terrorist on purpose?


How many Americans have been killed by Islamic terrorism on US soil within the last 10 years? How many have been killed by crazed white men with guns and bombs?
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:
All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1


Did you leave out radical Islamic terrorist on purpose?

Glad he is dead and he wasn't successful in hurting any law enforcement in his suicide by cop.
Sounds like it was just suicide, not suicide by cop.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6679
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 pm

bgm wrote:
All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1

Now now now...what have we learned after all these years?

He's not a white male American terrorist. Oh no.

He's a mentally ill lone wolf. Of course a healthy dose of tots and pears will comfort the victims and his family...and some folks will remember him as a wonderful patriot who was only exercising his 1st and 2nd amendment rights.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Did you leave out radical Islamic terrorist on purpose?


Love that single-track mind, buddy!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
bagoldex
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Mark Anthony Conditt. Home-schooled. Anti-same sex marriage. Anti-choice. Christian. Conservative. White. Terrorist.
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Mark Anthony Conditt. Home-schooled. Anti-same sex marriage. Anti-choice. Christian. Conservative. White. Terrorist.


Wait, you mean he wasn't a Muslim here on the visa lottery?
 
bagoldex
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:33 pm

jetero wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Mark Anthony Conditt. Home-schooled. Anti-same sex marriage. Anti-choice. Christian. Conservative. White. Terrorist.


Wait, you mean he wasn't a Muslim here on the visa lottery?


Southern white trash strikes again. Who'd have guessed?
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 pm

bagoldex wrote:
jetero wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Mark Anthony Conditt. Home-schooled. Anti-same sex marriage. Anti-choice. Christian. Conservative. White. Terrorist.


Wait, you mean he wasn't a Muslim here on the visa lottery?


Southern white trash strikes again. Who'd have guessed?


I don't think it's the "white trash" (not helpful) demographic that is typically behind this sort of thing . . . more disenchanted entitled middle class white suburbanites.
 
seb146
Posts: 18223
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 pm

So another white heterosexual man involved in lone wolf attacks was misunderstood with mental issues. And this will no longer be a running story on Fox.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
bagoldex
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 pm

jetero wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
jetero wrote:

Wait, you mean he wasn't a Muslim here on the visa lottery?


Southern white trash strikes again. Who'd have guessed?


I don't think it's the "white trash" (not helpful) demographic that is typically behind this sort of thing . . . more disenchanted entitled middle class white suburbanites.


If they're white and fell for Trump, they're white trash, whether they live in Appalachia or Bel-Air. Steve Mnuchin and Wilbur Ross for example would be classified as honorary white trash.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
bgm wrote:
All the big walls, travel bans, and xenophobic rhetoric can't stop the biggest threat of all to the US: the white male American terrorist.

https://twitter.com/randybeamer/status/ ... 48/photo/1

Now now now...what have we learned after all these years?

He's not a white male American terrorist. Oh no.

He's a mentally ill lone wolf. Of course a healthy dose of tots and pears will comfort the victims and his family...and some folks will remember him as a wonderful patriot who was only exercising his 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

Haha indeed! It's never a terrorist attack unless the attacker is brown... That said, there has been much written on the fact that the greatest terroristic threat in the US is right wing extremism perpetrated almost exclusively by white men. Between 2008 and 2015, the rate of terrorist attacks on US soil committed by right wing extremists was just under double that of Islamic extremists. Left wing extremist violence was dwarfed by both. But yeah, let's keep pretending these loons aren't a threat...

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/2/163 ... rism-islam
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ate-crimes

jetero wrote:
I don't think it's the "white trash" (not helpful) demographic that is typically behind this sort of thing . . . more disenchanted entitled middle class white suburbanites.

Indeed. It's the demographic that, until just a couple decades ago, could coast through life solely on their white privilege. It didn't matter how mediocre they actually were, opportunities were abundant for them. As other groups are finally being taken seriously and pushing for a slice of the pie, their slice is growing ever smaller. We're well on our way to becoming a majority minority nation, and that scares the hell out of them.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11876
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 pm

bgm wrote:

How many Americans have been killed by Islamic terrorism on US soil within the last 10 years? How many have been killed by crazed white men with guns and bombs?


Why not go back further? Oh yea you didn't want the 3000 people killed by Islamic terrorists at 9/11 to count so you could rant against Republicans. :spin:
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
bgm wrote:

How many Americans have been killed by Islamic terrorism on US soil within the last 10 years? How many have been killed by crazed white men with guns and bombs?


Why not go back further? Oh yea you didn't want the 3000 people killed by Islamic terrorists at 9/11 to count so you could rant against Republicans. :spin:


Why stop there? I can't stop thinking about all the poor Americans massacred by the Evil Italians in WWII. Oh and the Radical Italian Mafia. Who let them in?! Am I right, Nikky V?

:wave: :wave: :wave:
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.


Oh PLEASE. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-ta ... 1819092337
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:14 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.


Oh PLEASE. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-ta ... 1819092337

I love that article! And the whole "black on black" crime thing is nothing but a dog whistle. And to OP, no, you cannot take inner city crime out of the equation. They are Americans too. Removing them from the statistics in order to get to a number with which you're satisfied is textbook dehumanization.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:18 pm

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.


Oh PLEASE. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-ta ... 1819092337


They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Read the article that Jetero posted. Correct for poverty and crime rates are nearly identical. On the whole, Black people are more likely to be poor than are white people. Crime and poverty are correlated. Black people at higher socioeconomic levels are just as likely to commit crimes as White people at those same levels, i.e. not very likely.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:23 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.


Oh PLEASE. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-ta ... 1819092337


They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Blacks commit more violent crime per capita than whites:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf table 7 page 7

Using the logic in the above posts we as a society need to be more fearful of being injured or killed by blacks in the USA than any other race or religion of people. I'll be branded as a racist though for pointing this uncomfortable fact out. There will be excuses made and it'll be explained away.
Last edited by CCGPV on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:30 pm

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Black on black crime still skews the statistics way more than any white or Muslim violent crime in the USA.

In the USA blacks are much more likely to perpetrate violent crimes than any other group, mostly among themselves.

Take inner city crime out of the picture and America is one of the safest places on Earth.


Oh PLEASE. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-ta ... 1819092337


They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Blacks commit more violent crime per capita than whites:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf table 7 page 7

Using the logic in the above posts we as a society need to be more fearful of being injured or killed by blacks in the USA than any other race or religion of people. I'll be branded as a racist though for pointing this uncomfortable fact out. There will be excuses made and it'll be explained away.


The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this is your ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurious_relationship

Fixating on spurious relationships means that the problems you describe will remain unsolved.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 pm

OA412 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:


They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Read the article that Jetero posted. Correct for poverty and crime rates are nearly identical. On the whole, Black people are more likely to be poor than are white people. Crime and poverty are correlated. Black people at higher socioeconomic levels are just as likely to commit crimes as White people at those same levels, i.e. not very likely.


So what? Doesn't change the reality of the situation. You are more likely in today's America to be killed or injured by blacks than whites. Yes, if everyone made 95k a year it wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 pm

CCGPV wrote:
OA412 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Read the article that Jetero posted. Correct for poverty and crime rates are nearly identical. On the whole, Black people are more likely to be poor than are white people. Crime and poverty are correlated. Black people at higher socioeconomic levels are just as likely to commit crimes as White people at those same levels, i.e. not very likely.


So what? Doesn't change the reality of the situation. You are more likely in today's America to be killed or injured by blacks than whites. Yes, if everyone made 95k a year it wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.


Thanks for admitting you're wrong :thumbsup:
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:


They are on the whole more violent than whites. Just because its uncomfortable to talk about doesn't mean its not happening.

Blacks, who make up less than 20% of the population commit half the murders in the USA. They are more likely to be victims and perpetrators of murder.

/Here are the FBI sources. Its a fact. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

"In 2008, the homicide victimization rate for blacks (19.6
homicides per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for
whites (3.3 homicides per 100,000)."

"In 2008, the off ending rate for blacks (24.7 off enders per
100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4
off enders per 100,000)"

The black on white vs white on black murder rates are almost double for blacks killing whites. (page 13 in above link)

Blacks commit more violent crime per capita than whites:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf table 7 page 7

Using the logic in the above posts we as a society need to be more fearful of being injured or killed by blacks in the USA than any other race or religion of people. I'll be branded as a racist though for pointing this uncomfortable fact out. There will be excuses made and it'll be explained away.


The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this is your ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurious_relationship

Fixating on spurious relationships means that the problems you describe will remain unsolved.


Spurious relationships or not the facts don't lie. You can't lump in one group (white GOP voters) without lumping in others (blacks) in equally bad light. The facts point to that fact you are more likely to be victimized by blacks than whites. Its simply more likely to occur.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Read the article that Jetero posted. Correct for poverty and crime rates are nearly identical. On the whole, Black people are more likely to be poor than are white people. Crime and poverty are correlated. Black people at higher socioeconomic levels are just as likely to commit crimes as White people at those same levels, i.e. not very likely.


So what? Doesn't change the reality of the situation. You are more likely in today's America to be killed or injured by blacks than whites. Yes, if everyone made 95k a year it wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.


Thanks for admitting you're wrong :thumbsup:


How so? Did you look at the tables? They show the facts.
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

So what? Doesn't change the reality of the situation. You are more likely in today's America to be killed or injured by blacks than whites. Yes, if everyone made 95k a year it wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.


Thanks for admitting you're wrong :thumbsup:


How so? Did you look at the tables? They show the facts.


The real explanatory variable is income levels, if you bother to dig deeper.

But go ahead, CC . . . you're not really concerned with "facts."
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:43 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:

Thanks for admitting you're wrong :thumbsup:


How so? Did you look at the tables? They show the facts.


The real explanatory variable is income levels, if you bother to dig deeper.

But go ahead, CC . . . you're not really concerned with "facts."


Yes, income plays a part. But that doesn't excuse the actual numbers.

The NUMBERS of murders perpetrated by blacks is LARGER of a percentage of their representation in society. There are more poor white people but their murder numbers are LOWER with regards to violent crime rates.

We can argue about income levels all day long but the fact is that they are OVERREPRESENTED in these crimes than whites even though the number of poor whites vastly outnumbers that of blacks. There is a relationship there but there are also cultural reasons for the discrepancy.

Being ignorant of the facts is not an excuse. Don't blame others for not wanting to acknowledge unsavory realities of society.
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:46 pm

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

How so? Did you look at the tables? They show the facts.


The real explanatory variable is income levels, if you bother to dig deeper.

But go ahead, CC . . . you're not really concerned with "facts."


Yes, income plays a part. But that doesn't excuse the actual numbers.

The NUMBERS of murders perpetrated by blacks is LARGER of a percentage of their representation in society. There are more poor white people but their murder numbers are LOWER with regards to violent crime rates.

We can argue about income levels all day long but the fact is that they are OVERREPRESENTED in these crimes than whites even though the number of poor whites vastly outnumbers that of blacks. There is a relationship there but there are also cultural reasons for the discrepancy.


Oh Lawd.

If you control for income, there is no significant difference in rates among races, i.e., RACE DOESN'T EXPLAIN A DAMNED THING.

I knew there was something off with you.

(And, remind me, aren't you the one who lectures people on linking the bad behavior of some Republicans to all of them? Credibility LOST.)
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Breaking : Bombings in Austin,Texas

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:49 pm

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:

The real explanatory variable is income levels, if you bother to dig deeper.

But go ahead, CC . . . you're not really concerned with "facts."


Yes, income plays a part. But that doesn't excuse the actual numbers.

The NUMBERS of murders perpetrated by blacks is LARGER of a percentage of their representation in society. There are more poor white people but their murder numbers are LOWER with regards to violent crime rates.

We can argue about income levels all day long but the fact is that they are OVERREPRESENTED in these crimes than whites even though the number of poor whites vastly outnumbers that of blacks. There is a relationship there but there are also cultural reasons for the discrepancy.


Oh Lawd.

If you control for income, there is no significant difference in rates among races, i.e., RACE DOESN'T EXPLAIN A DAMNED THING.

I knew there was something off with you.

(And, remind me, aren't you the one who lectures people on linking the bad behavior of some Republicans to all of them? Credibility LOST.)


Adjust for income all day. Still doesn't disprove the numbers and facts. You're sticking your head in the sand. No skin of my teeth.
Stay curious

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aerlingus747, Airstud, FAST Enterprise [Crawler], flyingsikh, JBirdAV8r, Mortyman, seb146, wingman and 53 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos