VTKillarney

Re: From Russia with true vol. 2

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 am

anrec80 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
tu204 wrote:

Pretty sure those people if given the option of Russian or western "interference" or invasion would pick the Russian one. You know, the one where the outcome is not chaos, misery and death?

Tell that to the Syrians.

First, Russia does not “interfere” in Syria. It’s the USA that sticked in there without any invitation. Russia is working with legitimate Syrian government based on their agreements.

And - Russian military police (crewed by people from Muslim regions of Russia, including Chechnya) is successfully restoring order on territories newly freed from ISIS before handing them over to Syrian authorities and institutions.

“interfere”: verb, to take part in the affairs of others; meddle

anrec80

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:55 am

VTKillarney wrote:
tu204 wrote:

Pretty sure those people if given the option of Russian or western "interference" or invasion would pick the Russian one. You know, the one where the outcome is not chaos, misery and death?

First, Russia does not “interfere” in Syria. It’s the USA that sticked in there without any invitation. Russia is working with legitimate Syrian government based on their agreements.

And - Russian military police (crewed by people from Muslim regions of Russia, including Chechnya) is successfully restoring order on territories newly freed from ISIS before handing them over to Syrian authorities and institutions.

anrec80

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
Yes, the fellow dictator is very grateful to Putin for keeping him in power so he can go one to suppress his people.

Couldn’t agree more. And not only the “fellow dictator”, but majority of Syrians. And not only for “keeping him in power”, but also for saving the very Syrian statehood. Because in Iraq there is no more “fellow dictator” - how many hundreds of thousands dead? In Libya there is no “fellow dictator” - what are the recent refugee news?

Dutchy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Yes, the fellow dictator is very grateful to Putin for keeping him in power so he can go one to suppress his people.

Couldn’t agree more. And not only the “fellow dictator”, but majority of Syrians. And not only for “keeping him in power”, but also for saving the very Syrian statehood. Because in Iraq there is no more “fellow dictator” - how many hundreds of thousands dead? In Libya there is no “fellow dictator” - what are the recent refugee news?

I think some opposition town under attack from Assad's army. People wanting to flee there. So that is the latest, what is your point exactly? That Assad (with help from his autocratic friend) is still slaughtering Syrians and still generating a lot of refugees?

And yes Putin is an autocratic leader, learn to live with it that you live in a dictatorship.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:18 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Except that Iraq was not in a civil war. Russia has likely prolonged the war resulting in thousands upon thousands of extra dead. They are also supporting a dictator who uses chemical weapons against his own citizens.

seahawk

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

VTKillarney wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Except that Iraq was not in a civil war. Russia has likely prolonged the war resulting in thousands upon thousands of extra dead. They are also supporting a dictator who uses chemical weapons against his own citizens.

They are supporting the legitimate government in their fight to destroy a terrorist backed uprising. Russia shortened the blood shed with its competent intervention.

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:07 am

seahawk wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

They are supporting the legitimate government in their fight to destroy a terrorist backed uprising. Russia shortened the blood shed with its competent intervention.

How do you know that?

seahawk

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 am

The Russian involvement surely switched the balance of power in favour of the regime and limited the scope of intervention by other powers on the side of the rebels. So it will have allowed the regime to win faster and therefore reducing the duration of the conflict.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:40 am

seahawk wrote:
The Russian involvement surely switched the balance of power in favour of the regime and limited the scope of intervention by other powers on the side of the rebels. So it will have allowed the regime to win faster and therefore reducing the duration of the conflict.

Exactly, they shifted the power back to the Assad regime, so actually, they prolonged the war, otherwise would it have been over now. Yes I know your Troll behavior and I know you love for the Putin regime but objectively they cause a lot of suffering and death. Syrians started to flee en mass, only after the Putin intervention

And back to basic, Assad regime started to shoot on protesters. These people only wanted a bit more freedom and even that was too much for the bloody Assad regime. Fine that you want to praise a dictator, but don't say it is a blessing for Syrians.

seahawk

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Exactly, they shifted the power back to the Assad regime, so actually, they prolonged the war, otherwise would it have been over now. Yes I know your Troll behavior and I know you love for the Putin regime but objectively they cause a lot of suffering and death. Syrians started to flee en mass, only after the Putin intervention

And back to basic, Assad regime started to shoot on protesters. These people only wanted a bit more freedom and even that was too much for the bloody Assad regime. Fine that you want to praise a dictator, but don't say it is a blessing for Syrians.

No outcome in this conflict would have been a blessing for the Syrian people. Not Assad, not ISIS and also not the moderate Islamic rebels sponsored by the Gulf States. The few secular rebels would always have been crushed by the winning of those 3 parties, simply because those 3 had monetary support from the outside and much more importantly manpower support.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 pm

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

No outcome in this conflict would have been a blessing for the Syrian people. Not Assad, not ISIS and also not the moderate Islamic rebels sponsored by the Gulf States. The few secular rebels would always have been crushed by the winning of those 3 parties, simply because those 3 had monetary support from the outside and much more importantly manpower support.

At least we can agree on something, no outcome would have been good for Syrians, this includes the Assad regime. The best outcome would have been a true interim government and truly build up society. But that would have taken decades to complete and to give the country back to the Syrians. Syria is too much polarised at the moment to be a stable country. You seem to prefer a dictator solution.

seahawk

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

At least we can agree on something, no outcome would have been good for Syrians, this includes the Assad regime. The best outcome would have been a true interim government and truly build up society. But that would have taken decades to complete and to give the country back to the Syrians. Syria is too much polarised at the moment to be a stable country. You seem to prefer a dictator solution.

I would not say I want a dictator but sometimes a dictator is needed. Under Assad rule Syria was not a nice place, but still nicer than what it looks like under the rule of ISIS or JAN. And as we learned in Yugoslavia and Irak or Lybia a strong dictator is able to control the tension between hostile ethnic or religious groups in one country. But then I do believe that humans are not that different from apes and they also organize in groups led by one strong alpha animal.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 pm

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I would not say I want a dictator but sometimes a dictator is needed. Under Assad rule Syria was not a nice place, but still nicer than what it looks like under the rule of ISIS or JAN. And as we learned in Yugoslavia and Irak or Lybia a strong dictator is able to control the tension between hostile ethnic or religious groups in one country. But then I do believe that humans are not that different from apes and they also organize in groups led by one strong alpha animal.

We have learned that suppressing such feelings don't make them go away and might even make these feelings stronger if they do not have the possibility to come out in another way. But I get it, you are a cynic. That is fine, but I do have some ideas left and I do not believe someone deserves to be ruled by a dictator.

seahawk

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

We have learned that suppressing such feelings don't make them go away and might even make these feelings stronger if they do not have the possibility to come out in another way. But I get it, you are a cynic. That is fine, but I do have some ideas left and I do not believe someone deserves to be ruled by a dictator.

I mainly believe that we humans are still very much an animal, more than many of us want to admit. Apart from that dictators are the form of government humans have lived under for most of human history, yet still some states achieved a democratic society with personal freedoms and all this. But a society needs to develop for that and even those democratic societies need control and pressure (in that case by elected leaders) to stay in that state. In places like Syria, where there is a deep dislike between ethnic groups and also along different religions stability is hard to achieve without some strong power keeping things quiet and under control.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm

seahawk wrote:
I mainly believe that we humans are still very much an animal, more than many of us want to admit.

Yes, humans are animals, simple as that.

seahawk wrote:
Apart from that dictators are the form of government humans have lived under for most of human history.

Is that so? I don't think so, since humans have lived most of the time in relatively small groups, and don't think there is any evidence that these were dictators. Even great societies as the Greeks and Romans have had some form of democracy and freedoms.

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 pm

The Washington Post just released a hard hitting report on Trump and Russian conspiracy. It is well worth a read.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... c84471ffbd

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

2122M wrote:
It even concedes the only thing we can all agree on, which is that fact that we know nothing until the investigation concludes.

Interesting. So many people here have declared that there has been collusion. Maybe they work for Mueller, because if they don't those unilateral claims seem quite absurd given what you have just said.

2122M

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
The Washington Post just released a hard hitting report on Trump and Russian conspiracy. It is well worth a read.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... c84471ffbd

Hard Hitting? The whole thing is speculation about speculation. The summary is basically; there has not yet been conclusive proof that Trump colluded directly with the Russians, however, there is a ton of evidence that indirect contact with the Russians has taken place all over the place (hence the indictments already handed out).

It even concedes the only thing we can all agree on, which is that fact that we know nothing until the investigation concludes.

VTKillarney

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 pm

2122M wrote:

So many people here have made the unilateral declaration that Trump colluded with the Russians. Thanks for pointing out the error in doing so. I knew we could find common ground.

anrec80

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 am

VTKillarney wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Russia helped save legitimate government of Syria, that has mandate of Syrian nation. You can use words like "dictator" if you like, it's up to you. But that does not change anything.

anrec80

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:52 am

Dutchy wrote:

Dutchy, you should stop giving yourself right to decide for others how and by whom they want to be ruled. Given Assad's government has survived this war, maintained loyalty among military, and Assad himself freely roams around Damascus marketplaces among other people (as well as drives around the city) - that says a lot. He is the legitimate leader of Syrians, period. You can call him anyhow you like, but he is their choice, he is popular and you ought to respect it.

anrec80

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:55 am

seahawk wrote:

Switched balance from whom? From ISIS apparently. And - Russia is in Syria upon invitation and by agreement with legitimate leadership of this country. "Other powers" - nobody invited them there, they are nothing but invaders into someone else's country. Do you get the difference between grounds for Russian presence and "other powers" presence now?

anrec80

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 am

Dutchy wrote:

Yes, the war in Syria itself would have been over in a few months - it would have been won by ISIS. With all the following consequences. Such as a powerful and rich terror state, with its own economy based on oil trade. I don't know if you had got more refugees then or less - because then potential refugees would have been killed en masse. But then you certainly would have had such "Islamic states" in Europe - funded by EU's welfare system in addition to oil revenues from Syria. And yes, they would be cutting heads too.

And don't ask who would buy this oil - during ISIS better days, Syrian oil was flowing through Turkey, and EU member states didn't see any issues buying it. This trade never was even sanctioned.

anrec80

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 am

Dutchy wrote:

What other solutions are there? Many others were tried in this poor region, all of them failed. None succeeded.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am

The spacecraft "Progress MS-09" first flew on the ISS for ultrashort scheme. The flight took only three and a half hours.

Dutchy

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

anrec80 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

Russia helped save legitimate government of Syria, that has mandate of Syrian nation. You can use words like "dictator" if you like, it's up to you. But that does not change anything.

You call on the legitimacy, a dictator can never be legitimate, especially if there is an uprise from the citizens which was crushed by this regime. But since you fiercely defend Putin, I can feel with you that you do defend the Assad regime in the same way.

atcsundevil

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 am

If this thread turns into personal attacks, it will be locked just like the last one. These personal attacks are getting ridiculous, and if they continue, then users may face a ban on their account. Be civil, or don't post.

✈️ atcsundevil

anrec80

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 am

Dutchy wrote:
You call on the legitimacy, a dictator can never be legitimate, especially if there is an uprise from the citizens which was crushed by this regime. But since you fiercely defend Putin, I can feel with you that you do defend the Assad regime in the same way.

I'd encourage you to re-read my post again a few times. Whether or not a leader of someone else's country is legitimate or not - this is solely up to citizens of that country. And nobody else. Not even you. And in every country there is law enforcement and court system, that will determine what this "uprise" was, whether it was legal or not. And even if there is "uprise" - government officials still have their mandate to perform their duties, and it includes restoration of the order. Whether officials acted within their mandate or not - this is again up to the court system of that country, and not you.

I do not defend Putin or Assad here. I defend the right of any nation to choose their leadership and the elected leadership to perform their responsibilities and represent the interest of their voters. Nothing else. Decision in any country, especially democratic, are made during election process, and not on squares during "uprise" of any sort. What happens when the "uprise" is not suppressed and lawful order is not restored promptly - Ukraine is the best example. Syrians did not want that obviously.

Dutchy

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I'd encourage you to re-read my post again a few times. Whether or not a leader of someone else's country is legitimate or not - this is solely up to citizens of that country. And nobody else. Not even you. And in every country there is law enforcement and court system, that will determine what this "uprise" was, whether it was legal or not. And even if there is "uprise" - government officials still have their mandate to perform their duties, and it includes restoration of the order. Whether officials acted within their mandate or not - this is again up to the court system of that country, and not you.

I do not defend Putin or Assad here. I defend the right of any nation to choose their leadership and the elected leadership to perform their responsibilities and represent the interest of their voters. Nothing else. Decision in any country, especially democratic, are made during election process, and not on squares during "uprise" of any sort. What happens when the "uprise" is not suppressed and lawful order is not restored promptly - Ukraine is the best example. Syrians did not want that obviously.

No, you specifically defend Putin's Russia here. You only post in threads with some kind of Russian connection, so I can't see this in any other way.

On the basic assumptions, you are right, every population has the right to choose for itself. But that is the thing with a dictatorship, it is forced upon you. You cannot uprise, there isn't an independent court system. There isn't an independent police force. So that questions the legitimacy of the leadership. You live in Russia, you are in a dictatorship, a relatively mild one. But given Putin's behavior, I think an uprise would be crushed with the same force as in Syria. Any attempt to even challenge Putin's regime in the mildest manner is crushed.

As for Ukraine, Russia is meddling in that one. So I guess that you denote Putin for that?

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:23 am

A small explanation of the monuments to Soviet soldiers in Eastern Europe.
ACT

25 Sep 1945 of the mountains. Sunlance

We, the undersigned Military commandant of the district Sunlance, major Scars Boris Konstantinovich – on the one hand, and the Plenipotentiary of the Polish Government in the district Sunlance komarnicki Slawomir I. on the other hand, made this act about the following:

Military commandant of the district Sunlance reports Starostwo district Sunlance the mausoleum, under the arches of which are buried officers, sergeants and privates of the red Army, fallen in the struggle against the German invaders for the freedom and independence of the Slavic peoples (memorial note about buried is annexed to this act);

At the same time, the old town of Schönlank receives a monument–tank, a swimming pool with a fountain placed between the monument – tank and the mausoleum, as well as two landscaped, decorated and furnished garden areas, built with terraces (ledges), on the front of which a mausoleum will be erected, and a levelled, decorated, landscaped, decorated and furnished with garden furniture area, named since August 15, 1945–"red Army Square". (aide-Memoire on the construction and decoration of the mausoleum, the tank-monument and the red Army square is attached to this act; in addition, a copy of the act, handed Over to the old district of Schönlank attached wiring diagram of the electric cable and water pipes);

The old age of the Schönlanke district in commemoration of the inviolability of friendship and brotherhood of the Polish people and the peoples of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics undertakes to support all the buildings (mausoleum, monument-tank, electric lighting, water supply, swimming pool with fountain, playgrounds, children's sandpit, furniture, fence, vases, etc.) in the purity and in order to maintain and improve these facilities, maintain and increase green spaces (trees, bushes, flowers and grass) and turn the now created Park into a genuine Botanical garden, which would be the basis for training of the younger generation;

Eldership of the district Sunlance creates a permanent guardianship Committee, whose duties shall be:

a) creation of public care and Thrifty attitude of the population to the mausoleum, monument-tank, Park and all other facilities;
b) creation of public opinion in order to further strengthen the Polish-Soviet friendship;
C) maintaining the memory of those who gave their lives for the freedom, independence and prosperity of the Slavic peoples;
d) assistance to the senility Of the region of Schönlank and the city authorities in the implementation of paragraph 3 of this act.
5. This act for the appropriate signatures and seals drawn up in six copies, three copies are given to the mayor of the district Sunlance and Military Commander of the district Sunlance. The scheme of the electric cable and water supply is attached to one of the copies handed to the old Age.

The military commandant of the district Sunlance Scars

Commissioner of the Polish Government of the district Sunlance komarnicki

Annex to paragraph 1
MEMORIAL NOTE ON BURIED UNDER THE ARCHES OF THE MAUSOLEUM
IN THE MOUNTAINS. SUNLANCE ON THE SQUARE RED ARMY.

Only 56 people were buried. The names of the forty fallen soldiers of the red Army could not be established; the names of the other sixteen next:

Title Surname name Patronymic year of birth-date of death
1. Gw.Major Androsyuk Joseph Ivanovich 1916-1945
2. St.L-NT. Michalec Michael G. 1914-1945
3. Gw.Ml.L-NT Chernokon Ivan Adamovich 1919-25.2.1945
4. Corporal Naumovich Semyon Ivanovich 1909-1945
5. Ordinary Rassulov M. 1913-30.1.1945
6. Gw. Lieutenant Shumilov Peter Petrovich 1921-27.1.1945
7. Lieutenant Egorov Nikolay Alekseevich 1907-27.1.1945
8. Sergeant Pristiajnic Alexander Y. 1925-27.1.1945
9. St.Sergeant Andreev Sergey Mitrofanovich 1918-27.1.1945
10. Gw.Sergeant Jacob N. Fofanov 1906-27.1.1945
11. Gw.Sergeant Ivan Spiridonov A. 1926-27.1.1945
12. Gw.Sergeant Frolov Alexey Nikiforovich 1925-27.1.1945
13. Gw.Sergeant Bashkirov Gregory 1925-27.1.1945
14. Gw.Ml.Serge. Cherkashin Ivan Filippovich 1912-27.1.1945
15. Gw.Sergeant Semochkin Ivan 1909-27.1.1945
16. Gw.Sergeant Andryukhin Viktor Alexandrovich 1924-27.1.1945

The fallen comrades were collected, as a rule, from obscure graves, located both in the city and in its surroundings. Many were not buried at all and were in the destroyed and burned-out tanks.

Only on the graves of the guards.major Androsyuk I. I.; St.Lieutenant Mikhailets M. G., GV.ml. Lieutenant Chernokon I. A., corporal S. I. Naumovich and ordinary Rassulov M. were boards with inscriptions. All these boards were Packed and stacked in the attic of the mausoleum.

From the text on the bronze Board, removed from the tombstone on the tomb of GV.major Androsyuk, it is known that he commanded the units that took 27.1.1945 Gor. Sunlance and that he Androsyuk I. I., first out on the river Oder, which is now the Western border of the Polish Republic. Further, - it is known that M. Rassulov comes from the mountains. Tashkent's.
All the dead 27.1.1945 g. - tankers.

Military commandant of the district Sunlance major Scarring
25 September 1945
mountain. Sunlance (Tanka)

Annex to paragraph 2
MEMORANDUM
on the construction and design of the mausoleum, the monument–the tank and the area of the red Army in the city Sunlance.

The mausoleum's construction was started on 26 April 1945 at the initiative of the Military Commandant's office of the district Sunlance. All the building (the mausoleum, the monument–tank, etc.) and the appearance of the square was carried out by the project major Rubtsov, B. K. artwork – original and not a compilation.

The mausoleum was opened on August 15, 1945.
The construction of the mausoleum, the sites, the breakdown and planting of the Park, the construction of the pool with a fountain, the monument–tank, the installation of garden furniture and all other works on the design of the area lasted four and a half months.
During this time it was delivered 2350 cubic meters of black soil, up to 10 thousand cubic meters of land was transferred on the spot, brought up to 250 tons of sand, gravel and gravel, spent more than 175 tons of cement, about 20 thousand pieces of brick, more than 300 cubic meters of wild stone and many other materials.
Sometimes the number of workers reached 600 people on average worked up to 120 people, the labor force consisted of Germans, local residents. All works were carried out exclusively by hand, as there was no mechanization. The draught power reached at the beginning of construction (may), when there were earthworks, 170-180 horses (85-90 carts).

Technical assistance in the construction of the mausoleum was provided by the Polish engineer Stanislav Kazimirovich Pole. He was also a manufacturer of works on the construction of two sites – terraces and the mausoleum itself until the front of the mausoleum was cast.

The main organizer of the labor force and the closest assistant to the Military commandant of the district Sunlance major Rubtsov B. K. during the construction of the mausoleum, the monument–tank and design of the square was the Deputy Military commandant of the district Sunlance on the political part major Kochetov Paul G..

On the construction of the mausoleum on June 23, 1945, employees of the magistrate's poles for the first time in Sunlance was held "Saturday", than provided significant assistance to the construction.

For the monument–the tank was used tank (T–34), shot down on the same square, on 27 January 1945.; during the battle for the conquest of the city Sunlance. The tank was moved from the place where it was shot down to 26 meters and installed on a pedestal. Tank to top of manhole filled with cement than srowen with a pedestal.

On the tank saved his earlier signs and name (Soviet Lviv region), written two slogans and placed the date of the great Patriotic war of the Soviet people against the German invaders (22.6.1941 – 8.5.1945) and the date of the capture of the mountains. Sunlance red Army (27 January 1945).
Under the abandoned German tank crushed the eagle. This eagle is taken from the destroyed German monument in the mountains.Sunlance.

The area on which the mausoleum was built before construction was dirty, paved with round stone, wavy and sharply sloping. It was lined, decorated and landscaped. In the Park was planted up to 8 thousand different trees and bushes, were broken paths, flower beds, garden furniture (34 benches, 10 boxes of garbage), made a box of sand for young children.

The mausoleum is illuminated inside by 5 lamps (three – above and two – below, a total of one thousand candles), and outside-by two lamps (four lamps on each; each lamp is two hundred candles). In addition, the lights have reflectors — two of them illuminate the mausoleum (four candles) and two – a monument–tank (four candles). On the area held water for watering the Park (four processes).
The fountain of the pool gives a jet at full voltage up to 15 meters.

Until August 15, 1945 the square was called "Market square", and since August 15 it was called"red Army Square".

The military commandant of the district Sunlance major Rubtsov
25 September 1945

The monument was demolished in September 2017. The remains of 56 soldiers of the red Army were not reburied. Local authorities said that " they found no graves"

And now think about how people in Russia perceive it. And who for us are those people who desecrate monuments to our relatives.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Undoubtedly, the author is Putin's agent:
The Western image of Moscow and Russia as violent and impoverished is a fantasy. Moscow is actually a very safe, well run and orderly city, which compares very well with the great cities of the West.
http://theduran.com/where-are-moscows-potholes/

Berevoff

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Scorpius wrote:
A small explanation of the monuments to Soviet soldiers in Eastern Europe.
ACT

25 Sep 1945 of the mountains. Sunlance

We, the undersigned Military commandant of the district Sunlance, major Scars Boris Konstantinovich – on the one hand, and the Plenipotentiary of the Polish Government in the district Sunlance komarnicki Slawomir I. on the other hand, made this act about the following:

Military commandant of the district Sunlance reports Starostwo district Sunlance the mausoleum, under the arches of which are buried officers, sergeants and privates of the red Army, fallen in the struggle against the German invaders for the freedom and independence of the Slavic peoples (memorial note about buried is annexed to this act);

At the same time, the old town of Schönlank receives a monument–tank, a swimming pool with a fountain placed between the monument – tank and the mausoleum, as well as two landscaped, decorated and furnished garden areas, built with terraces (ledges), on the front of which a mausoleum will be erected, and a levelled, decorated, landscaped, decorated and furnished with garden furniture area, named since August 15, 1945–"red Army Square". (aide-Memoire on the construction and decoration of the mausoleum, the tank-monument and the red Army square is attached to this act; in addition, a copy of the act, handed Over to the old district of Schönlank attached wiring diagram of the electric cable and water pipes);

The old age of the Schönlanke district in commemoration of the inviolability of friendship and brotherhood of the Polish people and the peoples of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics undertakes to support all the buildings (mausoleum, monument-tank, electric lighting, water supply, swimming pool with fountain, playgrounds, children's sandpit, furniture, fence, vases, etc.) in the purity and in order to maintain and improve these facilities, maintain and increase green spaces (trees, bushes, flowers and grass) and turn the now created Park into a genuine Botanical garden, which would be the basis for training of the younger generation;

Eldership of the district Sunlance creates a permanent guardianship Committee, whose duties shall be:

a) creation of public care and Thrifty attitude of the population to the mausoleum, monument-tank, Park and all other facilities;
b) creation of public opinion in order to further strengthen the Polish-Soviet friendship;
C) maintaining the memory of those who gave their lives for the freedom, independence and prosperity of the Slavic peoples;
d) assistance to the senility Of the region of Schönlank and the city authorities in the implementation of paragraph 3 of this act.
5. This act for the appropriate signatures and seals drawn up in six copies, three copies are given to the mayor of the district Sunlance and Military Commander of the district Sunlance. The scheme of the electric cable and water supply is attached to one of the copies handed to the old Age.

The military commandant of the district Sunlance Scars

Commissioner of the Polish Government of the district Sunlance komarnicki

Annex to paragraph 1
MEMORIAL NOTE ON BURIED UNDER THE ARCHES OF THE MAUSOLEUM
IN THE MOUNTAINS. SUNLANCE ON THE SQUARE RED ARMY.

Only 56 people were buried. The names of the forty fallen soldiers of the red Army could not be established; the names of the other sixteen next:

Title Surname name Patronymic year of birth-date of death
1. Gw.Major Androsyuk Joseph Ivanovich 1916-1945
2. St.L-NT. Michalec Michael G. 1914-1945
3. Gw.Ml.L-NT Chernokon Ivan Adamovich 1919-25.2.1945
4. Corporal Naumovich Semyon Ivanovich 1909-1945
5. Ordinary Rassulov M. 1913-30.1.1945
6. Gw. Lieutenant Shumilov Peter Petrovich 1921-27.1.1945
7. Lieutenant Egorov Nikolay Alekseevich 1907-27.1.1945
8. Sergeant Pristiajnic Alexander Y. 1925-27.1.1945
9. St.Sergeant Andreev Sergey Mitrofanovich 1918-27.1.1945
10. Gw.Sergeant Jacob N. Fofanov 1906-27.1.1945
11. Gw.Sergeant Ivan Spiridonov A. 1926-27.1.1945
12. Gw.Sergeant Frolov Alexey Nikiforovich 1925-27.1.1945
13. Gw.Sergeant Bashkirov Gregory 1925-27.1.1945
14. Gw.Ml.Serge. Cherkashin Ivan Filippovich 1912-27.1.1945
15. Gw.Sergeant Semochkin Ivan 1909-27.1.1945
16. Gw.Sergeant Andryukhin Viktor Alexandrovich 1924-27.1.1945

The fallen comrades were collected, as a rule, from obscure graves, located both in the city and in its surroundings. Many were not buried at all and were in the destroyed and burned-out tanks.

Only on the graves of the guards.major Androsyuk I. I.; St.Lieutenant Mikhailets M. G., GV.ml. Lieutenant Chernokon I. A., corporal S. I. Naumovich and ordinary Rassulov M. were boards with inscriptions. All these boards were Packed and stacked in the attic of the mausoleum.

From the text on the bronze Board, removed from the tombstone on the tomb of GV.major Androsyuk, it is known that he commanded the units that took 27.1.1945 Gor. Sunlance and that he Androsyuk I. I., first out on the river Oder, which is now the Western border of the Polish Republic. Further, - it is known that M. Rassulov comes from the mountains. Tashkent's.
All the dead 27.1.1945 g. - tankers.

Military commandant of the district Sunlance major Scarring
25 September 1945
mountain. Sunlance (Tanka)

Annex to paragraph 2
MEMORANDUM
on the construction and design of the mausoleum, the monument–the tank and the area of the red Army in the city Sunlance.

The mausoleum's construction was started on 26 April 1945 at the initiative of the Military Commandant's office of the district Sunlance. All the building (the mausoleum, the monument–tank, etc.) and the appearance of the square was carried out by the project major Rubtsov, B. K. artwork – original and not a compilation.

The mausoleum was opened on August 15, 1945.
The construction of the mausoleum, the sites, the breakdown and planting of the Park, the construction of the pool with a fountain, the monument–tank, the installation of garden furniture and all other works on the design of the area lasted four and a half months.
During this time it was delivered 2350 cubic meters of black soil, up to 10 thousand cubic meters of land was transferred on the spot, brought up to 250 tons of sand, gravel and gravel, spent more than 175 tons of cement, about 20 thousand pieces of brick, more than 300 cubic meters of wild stone and many other materials.
Sometimes the number of workers reached 600 people on average worked up to 120 people, the labor force consisted of Germans, local residents. All works were carried out exclusively by hand, as there was no mechanization. The draught power reached at the beginning of construction (may), when there were earthworks, 170-180 horses (85-90 carts).

Technical assistance in the construction of the mausoleum was provided by the Polish engineer Stanislav Kazimirovich Pole. He was also a manufacturer of works on the construction of two sites – terraces and the mausoleum itself until the front of the mausoleum was cast.

The main organizer of the labor force and the closest assistant to the Military commandant of the district Sunlance major Rubtsov B. K. during the construction of the mausoleum, the monument–tank and design of the square was the Deputy Military commandant of the district Sunlance on the political part major Kochetov Paul G..

On the construction of the mausoleum on June 23, 1945, employees of the magistrate's poles for the first time in Sunlance was held "Saturday", than provided significant assistance to the construction.

For the monument–the tank was used tank (T–34), shot down on the same square, on 27 January 1945.; during the battle for the conquest of the city Sunlance. The tank was moved from the place where it was shot down to 26 meters and installed on a pedestal. Tank to top of manhole filled with cement than srowen with a pedestal.

On the tank saved his earlier signs and name (Soviet Lviv region), written two slogans and placed the date of the great Patriotic war of the Soviet people against the German invaders (22.6.1941 – 8.5.1945) and the date of the capture of the mountains. Sunlance red Army (27 January 1945).
Under the abandoned German tank crushed the eagle. This eagle is taken from the destroyed German monument in the mountains.Sunlance.

The area on which the mausoleum was built before construction was dirty, paved with round stone, wavy and sharply sloping. It was lined, decorated and landscaped. In the Park was planted up to 8 thousand different trees and bushes, were broken paths, flower beds, garden furniture (34 benches, 10 boxes of garbage), made a box of sand for young children.

The mausoleum is illuminated inside by 5 lamps (three – above and two – below, a total of one thousand candles), and outside-by two lamps (four lamps on each; each lamp is two hundred candles). In addition, the lights have reflectors — two of them illuminate the mausoleum (four candles) and two – a monument–tank (four candles). On the area held water for watering the Park (four processes).
The fountain of the pool gives a jet at full voltage up to 15 meters.

Until August 15, 1945 the square was called "Market square", and since August 15 it was called"red Army Square".

The military commandant of the district Sunlance major Rubtsov
25 September 1945

The monument was demolished in September 2017. The remains of 56 soldiers of the red Army were not reburied. Local authorities said that " they found no graves"

And now think about how people in Russia perceive it. And who for us are those people who desecrate monuments to our relatives.

That image looks really photoshopped for some reason.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Berevoff wrote:

That image looks really photoshopped for some reason.

anrec80

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:

On the basic assumptions, you are right, every population has the right to choose for itself. But that is the thing with a dictatorship, it is forced upon you. You cannot uprise, there isn't an independent court system. There isn't an independent police force. So that questions the legitimacy of the leadership. You live in Russia, you are in a dictatorship, a relatively mild one. But given Putin's behavior, I think an uprise would be crushed with the same force as in Syria. Any attempt to even challenge Putin's regime in the mildest manner is crushed.

As for Ukraine, Russia is meddling in that one. So I guess that you denote Putin for that?

OK - so now you say you can label someone a "dictator", and then go on deciding for that other nation who should and who should not govern them? Look at the results of such "decisions" - everywhere such "decisions", implemented via "revolutions" or "maidans" were bringing to power totally incompetent losers at best. In most cases - they were war criminals in addition to that, and such intrusion was causing by far more victims than the previous "dictator". These things need to be left up to the nation itself and they must come to a political system that works for them in an evolution manner, over time.

Speaking what you call "uprising" - every Western country has tough laws for things like civil disorder, attempts to organize a coup, conspiracy in illegal seizure of power. In the "greatest democracy of the world" one can even have a seat on an electric chair for that.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am

Russia continues to develop an alternative to the SWIFT system.
After numerous threats from Western politicians to disconnect Russia from the SWIFT system, within a few years it has created its own system of Bank data transmission.
At present, the Russian system is fully ready to take over the functions of transferring interbank financial information. In addition, work is underway to organize the connection to the Russian system of other States. The second stage of development of the system is the connection of the member States of the Eurasian economic Union to it. Also announced plans to extend the system to the BRICS countries.
Compared to SWIFT, the Russian system has the following advantages:
1. At the moment, connection to the system is free of charge
2. The Commission for each operation is $0.01-0.03 (SWIFT $0.03-0.05)
3. Independence from Western politicians.

VTKillarney

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 am

Scorpius wrote:
Russia continues to develop an alternative to the SWIFT system.
After numerous threats from Western politicians to disconnect Russia from the SWIFT system, within a few years it has created its own system of Bank data transmission.
At present, the Russian system is fully ready to take over the functions of transferring interbank financial information. In addition, work is underway to organize the connection to the Russian system of other States. The second stage of development of the system is the connection of the member States of the Eurasian economic Union to it. Also announced plans to extend the system to the BRICS countries.
Compared to SWIFT, the Russian system has the following advantages:
1. At the moment, connection to the system is free of charge
2. The Commission for each operation is $0.01-0.03 (SWIFT $0.03-0.05)
3. Independence from Western politicians.

Development began while Obama was president. Further developed due to tough economic restrictions placed on Russia by Trump.

Other countries are very unlikely to use Russia's system, particularly as it would be fairly straightforward for the U.S. government to threaten sanctions against this too.

Financial experts aren’t at all worried.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 am

I wasn't going to write anything like that. Yes, it was important for me that the Mundial went well not only from a football point of view, but also from an organizational point of view. And that's why I read a lot of responses in various foreign Newspapers, from new Zealand and Argentina to Japanese and, God forgive me, canadian. I didn't find any real drawbacks, there were quite a lot of praise, but among this praise almost every article necessarily found at least one paragraph with "but".

I have recently become much less read foreign press. First of all, due to the fact that there are all articles as a blueprint about the same. I'm not talking about the level of analysis or literary merit. Therefore, it was very easy for me to find three main ideas that the world media has been promoting in their reviews. All three fake ones, but since they are so hard to push, I got bored and I decided to answer.

The first is the talk that everything around is just Potemkin villages, and the goal of the championship for our government is the desire to cover up the problems and flaws of its own domestic and even foreign policy. The second is about the fact that we were allowed not to comply with the laws these days, the authorities made us indulgences. And the third is that not so much foreign tourists discover Russia, as Russians themselves discover what free people are like. I might not have paid attention to these delusional theses if they had not met in almost every opus, from the literary verified columns in the new Yorker to the lines of the composition level of the elementary school a La" How I spent the summer".

Well, if you insist, let's get this straight. And for a start it is necessary to understand what for us, ordinary Russian people, was this championship in fact. It was a holiday, such new year's vacation for a month. And for the holiday we decided to clean the house. And if we have guests, we get clean tablecloths and wedding sets, set the tables with the fact that infrequently eat on weekdays. We do that. But this is generally normal, this is done almost everywhere. It's just that we always offer our guests the best, a feature of culture.

And in this sense it is absolutely normal that the infrastructure was updated for the championship, the stadiums were completed (which even the most football countries do before such an event), the hotels were updated, and the safety in the places of mass celebrations was worked out. These are the usual organizational measures that they even mention strange, and given the fact that not all the host cities selected by FIFA, are tourist centers, somewhere this work, of course, was new. Only this was done in the overwhelming mass well, soundly and for a long time. And the fact that someone does not understand for whom there will be these objects, so it is unimportant. The main thing that it was clear to those who will manage them. And the move of the FNL team to Sochi for Fisht with another attempt to revive football there-this is part of this work. After all, Kuban is the most climate - friendly region for the summer games, and the population there is more than in the same Croatia, one "Krasnodar" is not enough.

Now a few words about the degree of permission at the event. To begin with, no one knows to what extent the patience of the police and Regardie extends. There were no major incidents - we do not see or hear them. But when a foreign activist came out with a single picket for the rights of LGBT to the Arena, he was tied instantly. And it's not because it's such a terrible problem for the Kremlin. It's just that this is inappropriate for our holiday before schizophrenia, and the crazy should be kept separate from normal citizens. When the English vandal fumbled over the monument to Cherenkov, it was found in a crowded stadium for half an hour. When again, English fans are drunk on the train, they were immediately removed, detained and quickly issued where necessary. Sale of alcohol in a glass container in day of a match was closed, on the cities placed the mass of metal detectors. But no one interfered with the holiday.

It was all so routine and usual that when our annual and perfectly ordinary school graduation day fell on the crowds of fans from all over the world, it turned out to be brighter and more noticeable than any event of the football festival. And it turned out that the familiar "Scarlet sails" are much more pompous than the Mundial. And Nikolskaya, who surprised the whole world with her lights, is just a fragment from the usual new year's holiday, when the whole center of Moscow is bathed in such lights. But we still have festivals of lights, fireworks, all the "Manor jazz", contests, bands and colors. And there is also no one wintet and does not limit the crowds and festivities. It's just that they all usually happen on weekends, not for four weeks.

Of course, for small towns caught in this cycle, a lot was new, including so many foreigners. But Moscow and St. Petersburg do not really noticed this invasion. Yes, the number of t-shirts of various teams on the streets has increased, but if you sit on the terrace of Theater square at any other time, you will also find it difficult to find a Russian visitor there. Just for this month the contingent changed a little. Of course, there is a quantitative surge of tourists, but it was noticeable only in some points. Moscow calmly digested it. Even in cafes and restaurants there were no special problems with tables.

The most pleasant for me in all this mess - quiet and business-like work of the city authorities. The city prepared two stadiums, a large fan zone on the Sparrow hills, decorated the arena And Red square, and... back to my daily routine. Was completely absent from the rush. No one tried to pass "the next anniversary", for example, the Polytechnic Museum and even the square in front of him. The same funicular in Luzhniki was made not for football, but for us. During the championship, a new metro station was opened, new landscaping areas were dug up as planned. But when the fans chose Nikolskaya as the gathering place, they were immediately distracted from everyday life, quickly organized security measures and returned to the routine.

So those who are trying to prove that we have done something with the last effort, trying to please, are wrong in the main thing. We live like this, it's normal for us. We are able to celebrate and relax without you. We just shared our skills with you. And whatever you read quill-driver, liked it even more than ours. Because they are a wonder. And we are used to it. All the features related only to the theme of this holiday, we really rarely celebrate football events. There are not enough reasons for this. And that in three days everything will change, it is also true. We are tired of this holiday, it's time to work. Business-time, fun-hour. Hour, not month.

And now we come to the most interesting thesis. The world saw Russia, and Russia saw the world. In our country, indeed, two-thirds of people do not even have a foreign passport. And in Latin America and Africa there were very few people. But to say that we did not know what it was would be a great exaggeration. We do not confuse Austria with Australia, we know how different Peruvians are from Brazilians and we do not call Iranians Arabs. "We were taught." We don't speak much foreign languages, but we understand intonation and pantomimes perfectly, and we can understand the meaning from the fragments of sounds. So it is not difficult to explain and help us. It's you who need to learn Russian to understand us. Because much of what is beyond your understanding of our lives cannot be translated into your languages.

And then go Ecuadorians from Rostov to Volgograd with a note in Russian, and come back with a PostScript "let me know that we got - we are worried." And the fanatic who beat anlican in Marseille, is looking for fans from Southampton (or where there) to give them the captured banner. Someone let them free for the night, someone drove between cities. And how many times we paid for guests-it is difficult to calculate. Even I am not too poured in a cycle, had to call Uber for Iranians who are late to the station, and a couple of times to treat Salvadorans (for some reason) and Brazilians.

You didn't try our kitchen too much, but we found pizza, hamburgers, and hot dogs. And we were surprised to see how you ate all this in our Russian, Georgian, Uzbek and other restaurants and shrugged. It's your business, but we have food for a snack on the go. You drank and praised our beer, and we and your bad seemed too fresh. And when it was necessary, we quietly and easily danced with you Samba and salsa. The holiday, why not dance?

The most boring and uninteresting were The people of the Free World at our holiday. Harried looks, tucked against her shoulder head, squeezed to silence jaws. No, then they got drunk on beer and started to carefully whine. But the same Colombians or Moroccans much faster mastered our holiday and had fun. Enjoy free vitami, shared refreshments with the owners and arranged the dancing. And the Europeans were looking for constant pitfalls, they in every connection were seen as "Russian hackers", they avoided Russian girls and shied away from every compass on the shoulders of Russian guys. And if this inescapable fear in your eyes is your freedom, then I am for tyranny. Because you looked like a herd of brainwashed people.

The Japanese and Senegalese cleaned the stadiums after themselves, and the Swiss pissed a rank on the fences. All Islamic teams and fans seem to have passed through Moscow, but the first fight in the subway happened when the British reached it. I saw an organized tour of the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, consisting entirely of Peruvians, and the Croats found a hole in the road and did not fail to poke a finger. I'm not talking about the wildness of their player, who now apologizes all week. And if you think it's a Civilization, I want to remain a barbarian.

When Russia unexpectedly for all passed Spain in the playoffs, the country poured out into the streets and walked until the morning. And there was no broken glass, beer dousing and broken cars at this festival. Everything that happened in England after their victory. It happened on the island, not in Moscow, because the main part of the fans were afraid to come here. Both good. Because we have such manners remained in 2002. this time it was different. Someone collected a penny and drove hitchhiking in all cities, and someone flew business class and treated young people in restaurants. We do that.

So I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. And us... for me, the street party ended with the departure of the last Latin American team from the tournament. Because I had fun with Brazilians, Colombians, Argentines and Mexicans. Even with the Iranians and the Saudis was fun. But with Europeans-boring. Census howling drunk, wet from beer and your own urine, the British moved to Peter. I'm sorry, Peter, but that's their problem now. In Moscow it is already a week apologetic for the stupidity of his players a handful of Croats, and the same handful of stunned by the architecture of the French. From the point of view of football, all is well - one of the obvious favorites of the tournament meets one of the strongest shadow favourites. And in terms of the holiday... it's over. They can't.

We had fun. Now go home. Vaya con Dios. We have a lot to do here. And when you get home, tell him we can smile. We just know when and to whom.

Remember our smile.

Source: https://aftershock.news/?q=node/665599

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 pm

The Ministry of defense of Russia has published a new video about introduced in March 2018 new developments of perspective samples of arms.

1. Intercontinental ballistic missile " Sarmat":
https://youtu.be/LIso_hTmY6M

2. "Burevestnik" cruise missile with nuclear engine:
https://youtu.be/okS76WHh6FI

3. Fighting laser complex "Peresvet":
https://youtu.be/ghDvDFb3lM0

4. Ocean multi-purpose system "Poseidon" (previously, it could be known as " Status-6"):
https://youtu.be/T_7hWSv689Q

5. Air-based ballistic missile "Dagger" (careful in the video loud sound):
https://youtu.be/v7jFHprv_x4

6. Hypersonic missile system "Avangard":
https://youtu.be/FDJwAUsX9DU

The development of all these weapons models is carried out in Russia as a response to the promotion of NATO's military infrastructure to the borders of Russia. These weapons are designed to restore strategic parity and ensure Russia's security from the threat of a military attack by Western countries.

BN747

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 pm

A friend from Armenia recently shared a joke with me that falls in the vain of the thread.

Upon America landing a man on the moon, Premier Brezhnev was supposedly prompted to match the feat with a challenge of his own.

Brezhnev: well, Russia will be the FIRST to land a man on the Sun!!!

There’s a loud audible ‘gasp’ from his audience...

An aide leans over and whispers into the leader’s ear...

Brezhnev returns to mic and shouts: We will do it after the Sun goes down!!!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 pm

BN747 wrote:
A friend from Armenia recently shared a joke with me that falls in the vain of the thread.

Upon America landing a man on the moon, Premier Brezhnev was supposedly prompted to match the feat with a challenge of his own.

BN747

This anecdote is more than 40 years old. Ask a friend from Armenia about jokes about Armenian radio

BN747

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Scorpius wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

This anecdote is more than 40 years old. Ask a friend from Armenia about jokes about Armenian radio

Enlighten me, so I can get the drop on him with it. And it better be as funny as Brezhnev’s take.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:09 am

BN747 wrote:
Enlighten me, so I can get the drop on him with it. And it better be as funny as Brezhnev’s take.

BN747

There is a huge series of jokes, which begins with the words "Armenian radio is asked".
Here are some examples:

The question of the Armenian radio:
What's the difference between ass and democracy?
- Ass know it all, but in a decent society is not accepted to talk about her. No one has seen real democracy, but everyone is talking about it!

Armenian radio is asked:
- Why the US Psaki in a position to hold? The whole world laughs...
- And you look, when she says, her face clearly says that she is an idiot, and when the other Western representatives - all see that they are just lying!

Armenian radio is asked:
- What are the similarities between gays and Cossacks?
- Love to dress up and hate women.
- What's the difference?
- Cossacks have nicer outfits.

The question of the Armenian radio:
- Is it possible to talk with a fifteen-year-old girl about sexual issues?
- Yes, if you want to expand your horizons on this issue.

The Armenian radio was asked: Why is the rainbow depicted on the flag of the gay movement?
Answer: what do you think should be depicted on their flag?

The Armenian radio was asked why the data on the number of protesters from the police and the opposition differ.
The Armenian radio answered that it was all about measurement formulas.
The police count the number of legs and divide by four, as in the calculation of rams.
But the opposition believes a lot of the crowd and then divides that by the average weight of a lemming.

Armenian radio was asked:
- Why can't you see bin Laden?
- He took off the turban, shaved his beard, tanned and got a job as President of the United States.
Now he's tearing the America apart from the inside.

Armenian radio was asked:
- Can the Ivorian football team beat the Brazilian team?
Armenian radio responded:
- Can. In Lotto, for example.

Armenian radio is asked a question:
- What is the difference between Georgian funerals
from Georgian wedding?
Armenian radio answers:
One less drunk.

... and so on. There are a lot of jokes, you can find them anywhere, for example on this resource (where I got the above examples):https://www.anekdot.ru/tags/%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BE/10

BN747

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:24 am

Scorpius, the only one that got a chuckle from me was the funeral/wedding...

...thanks for providing some feedback. But because of my deep interest in cosmology, the Brezhnev Landing a man on the Sun still is primo and not because it’s a slam on at Brezhnev or at Russia. Because I could see a demand being made by a bible thumping ‘teacher from Tennessee (Scopes- Monkey trial) or anywhere. Jokes about ethnicities are from an ‘no so funny period of time in America, funny as uneducated child but not so much for adult circles in my book.

BN747

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:46 am

BN747 wrote:

...thanks for providing some feedback. But because of my deep interest in cosmology, the Brezhnev Landing a man on the Sun still is primo and not because it’s a slam on at Brezhnev or at Russia. Because I could see a demand being made by a bible thumping ‘teacher from Tennessee (Scopes- Monkey trial) or anywhere. Jokes about ethnicities are from an ‘no so funny period of time in America, funny as uneducated child but not so much for adult circles in my book.

BN747

in a series of these jokes there is anything, I chose only some. In Russia and the former Soviet Union there is no problem of racism - we have not oppressed some Nations by skin color, as it was, for example, in the United States. Therefore, there is no particularly painful reaction to jokes about ethnic groups. Basically, these jokes really just notice some cultural features, and only. They don't represent someone in a superlative or humiliating way. I can also say this: there are a lot of jokes about politics. And a lot of jokes based on the game of words, so they are extremely difficult to be retold in other languages-the translation is lost the main meaning.

BN747

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:07 am

Scorpius wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747
That’s the time you do
in a series of these jokes there is anything, I chose only some. In Russia and the former Soviet Union there is no problem of racism - we have not oppressed some Nations by skin color.

True, Russia has nowhere near the rampant racist history America has, domestically and internationally.

But no nation on earth has undertaken the ‘experiment’ that America has intentionally and unintentionally taken upon itself. Russia was not a colonial power as was England, France, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Italy or Germany has been. Meaning they never went gallivanting across the global reaping distruction and havoc everywhere they went. And to be fair, America (and the piers before it dating back to Rome) has left behind some foundation and structure upon which better organized communities developed.

But Russia is without some dark history also has some global skeletons as well. In recent years, some tragic racial attacks haven’t gone unnoticed. The official anti-gay policy certainly doesn’t line with the global quest for equal and human rights.

BN747

SQ22

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:17 am

May I remind you to stay on topic this is not a flamebait or bashing thread but a thread in general about Russia.

tu204

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:59 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tu204 wrote:

Yeah. Thats a good example, thanks actually.

Most Syrians I have met have been overwhelmingly supportive and thankfull for Russia's actions in their efforts to defeat ISIS and rebuild their country.

And right now I am in a country with a hell of a lot of Syriab refugees.

So thats probably the worst example you could have picked if of course you are not trying to support my point...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

Berevoff

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Scorpius wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

in a series of these jokes there is anything, I chose only some. In Russia and the former Soviet Union there is no problem of racism - we have not oppressed some Nations by skin color, as it was, for example, in the United States. Therefore, there is no particularly painful reaction to jokes about ethnic groups. Basically, these jokes really just notice some cultural features, and only. They don't represent someone in a superlative or humiliating way. I can also say this: there are a lot of jokes about politics. And a lot of jokes based on the game of words, so they are extremely difficult to be retold in other languages-the translation is lost the main meaning.

Unless you're a Muslim in the Balkans or one of the many ethnic groups that were exterminated and banished to Siberian gulags during the Soviet times.

But other than that yeah.

WIederling

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Scorpius wrote:
< radio jerewan stuff >

they are endless.

Q: does every body in the west have an automobile?

A: in principle yes. but we have the required parking spaces.

Q: is is true that capitalism makes "social" errors?

A: in principle yes. but socialism make capital errors. :-)

one major differentiator is being able to accept jokes made over your system or not.
Murphy is an optimist

chimborazo

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:26 am

I have worked a lot in the Middle East and especially Iraq- last time three years ago. Many discussions with locals and the feeling is this: Saddam was a bastard but he kept the country working. The Americans have completely messed the country up. They need a dictator to keep the country in check (this is their words not mine).
I'm going again next week so will see what the feeling is now.
This is the thing about the Middle East: trying to impress western 'values and democracy' doesn't work, they are culturally different to "us". So-called dictators are criticised: I see no difference with writing executive orders- isn't that dictatorship?
I'm going to Russia again the week after... I will feel safer there than walking about in London. One of the best holidays I've had was last year, ten days in Sochi.