FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 am

and it's a fancy Fiesta.
roast me :rotfl:
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
Redd
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:47 am

ST? :D
 
WIederling
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:19 am

Ford Fiasco :-)))))))))))))

Still remember the first iteration of that model in Germany.
The predecessor "Escort" already was strongly sub par.
But the brand new Fiesta tended to come apart
minutes after leaving the dealer ships yard.

Er fuhr Ford und kam nie wieder. :-)

good Roast?
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 am

WIederling wrote:
Ford Fiasco :-)))))))))))))

Still remember the first iteration of that model in Germany.
The predecessor "Escort" already was strongly sub par.
But the brand new Fiesta tended to come apart
minutes after leaving the dealer ships yard.

Er fuhr Ford und kam nie wieder. :-)

good Roast?


No. You have the models mixed up. The Escort was replaced with the Focus, not with the Fiesta. They were manufactured concurrently for 20 years.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3487
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 pm

What's wrong with that?
Most recently flown: A318 F-GUGQ A319 F-GRHR A320ceo D-AIZH A320neo D-AINE A330-300 VH-QPD A350-900 B-LRA A380-800 D-AIMH 717 VH-YQW 737-600 LN-RPA 737-700 OY-JTY 737-800 LN-NGA 767-300 ZK-NCI 777-200 ZK-OKA 777-300 ZK-OKN 787-9 ZK-NZK CS100 HB-JBG
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11822
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm

FatCat wrote:
and it's a fancy Fiesta.
roast me :rotfl:


Hope you bought an ST, anything less is a girls car!!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm

I love my fancy Fiesta!

Well... it used to be fancy. It's a UK model 2013 Titanium and has served me faithfully without a problem for thousands upon thousands of miles and plenty of long trips.

Image
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10853
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Fat cat indeed ! I have a wealthy uncle who bought a used Renault Twingo.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Nope, not the ST.
Taxes and insurance are bloody expensive for such a car. Already I pay € 1300 / year to insure a regular car, for a 200 PS ...
It's a Vignale. With fake leather and B&O and everything, but not the sunroof, as I had multiple Fords (when I worked for Ford, btw) with sunroof, and the gaskets were so cheap, in 12 months there was so much water inside, they looked like acquariums with wheels
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
WIederling
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Ford Fiasco :-)))))))))))))

Still remember the first iteration of that model in Germany.
The predecessor "Escort" already was strongly sub par.
But the brand new Fiesta tended to come apart
minutes after leaving the dealer ships yard.

Er fuhr Ford und kam nie wieder. :-)

good Roast?


No. You have the models mixed up. The Escort was replaced with the Focus, not with the Fiesta. They were manufactured concurrently for 20 years.

No.:-)
Smallest car from Ford was this one here: ( 1967 to 1975 )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Escort_%28Europe%29#First_generation_%281967%E2%80%931975%29
Then they started the Fiesta in 1976:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta#First_generation_%281976%E2%80%931983%29
Murphy is an optimist
 
PIMountaineer
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Not a thing wrong with the Fiesta. Good choice. I have an uncle who owns his own trucking/shipping company. He's been using the same truck since 1982. Still looks and runs like new.

I am an Audi driver personally, but your Fiesta should serve you well. :bigthumbsup:
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

WIederling wrote:
Ford Fiasco
good Roast?
HAHA! We used to call my dads fiesta the fiasco!

PIMountaineer wrote:
Not a thing wrong with the Fiesta. Good choice. :bigthumbsup:
Agreed!

Not fast but then also not slow. Being light and not needing huge amounts of grip to go fast round corners it will only have skinny tyres which will make it a fun car to drive.

Experience tells me they re pretty good in the snow too...

Fred
Image
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4439
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Aesma wrote:
Fat cat indeed ! I have a wealthy uncle who bought a used Renault Twingo.


Make sure he keeps it hidden from Macron Antoinette or he will make your uncle trade it in for a Tesla.

On the topic... Fancy Fiesta? Isn't that the name of a brand of cat food? Or is that Fancy Feast?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

I come from years of alfa romeos.
I've got 2 x 164 (2.0 V6 turbo and 3.0 cloverleaf), 2 x 156 (2.5 V6 and 3.2 V6), a 166 (3.0 V6 automatic), a Spider, 2 x Alfetta (sedan and coupe) but I am quite tired of praying some God to make the trip without pulling over and opening the bonnet. Quite experienced too in FoMoCo cars as I've worked for 10 years for Ford EU and Volvo and had a lot of company cars of both.
Sure DE3 (Audi, MB, BMW) and luxus outsiders are another planet, but I do not want to spend so many money on a new car. And a used car is not an option, once in my life a want a virgin lol.
So I had to balance everything and came with the fake leather Fiesta with 125 bhp petrol engine. I've also considered a hybrid Toyota but I'm still concerned about the sustainability of the li-ion batteries, as in truth, manufacturing and recycling those batteries still is a very polluting process. Plus, a Yaris hybrid will cost about € 30k, and for those money, I'll go for a Golf.
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:53 pm

WIederling wrote:


Completely wrong. The Fiesta was/is an expansion to the B segment and not a replacement for the Escort. The C-segment Escort was sold along the Fiesta until 1998 when it was replaced with the Focus.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 am

EU Ford range was / is:

1980's
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort
D-segment: Sierra

1990's
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort -> Focus
D-segment: Sierra -> Mondeo / Galaxy
E-segment: Scorpio

2000s
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max (the S-Max was inbetween D and E, someone called it "D Premium") / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy (the Galaxy growed on the E segment after Ford EU ended the JV with VW)

2010s
A-segment: Ka / Ka+
B-segment: Fiesta / B-Max (Ecosport is inbetween B and C segment)
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy / Edge
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
KentB27
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm

It could be worse, it's not a Prius.
 
FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:25 pm

KentB27 wrote:
It could be worse, it's not a Prius.

you know, I quite like the Prius.
the shape, not how it drives.
when I worked at a Toyota dealership as a salesman, back in 2004 - 2006, I used to have one as company car.
damn it was expensive to run. 1.5 petrol engine had the same mpg as my 2.5 V6 alfa romeo.
the newest generation may be more powerful and less thirsty.
but it is way too expensive for me, for € 38 / 40k I'll buy a BMW.
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
WIederling
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
WIederling wrote:


Completely wrong. The Fiesta was/is an expansion to the B segment and not a replacement for the Escort. The C-segment Escort was sold along the Fiesta until 1998 when it was replaced with the Focus.


Rather irrelevant for my assertion.
the pre 1975 Escort was the smallest Ford in Germany at the time.
the post 1975 Fiesta took up that position of smallest Ford in Germany.
IF you were set on Ford and looked for a lower segment car you moved from Escort to Fiesta.
the new Escort model was a slight size up to the old one... like most next gen models.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10853
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 am

FatCat wrote:
EU Ford range was / is:

1980's
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort
D-segment: Sierra

1990's
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort -> Focus
D-segment: Sierra -> Mondeo / Galaxy
E-segment: Scorpio

2000s
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max (the S-Max was inbetween D and E, someone called it "D Premium") / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy (the Galaxy growed on the E segment after Ford EU ended the JV with VW)

2010s
A-segment: Ka / Ka+
B-segment: Fiesta / B-Max (Ecosport is inbetween B and C segment)
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy / Edge


When I was a kid my parents had a Ford Orion : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Orion
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
FatCat
Topic Author
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 am

Aesma wrote:
FatCat wrote:
EU Ford range was / is:

1980's
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort
D-segment: Sierra

1990's
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort -> Focus
D-segment: Sierra -> Mondeo / Galaxy
E-segment: Scorpio

2000s
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max (the S-Max was inbetween D and E, someone called it "D Premium") / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy (the Galaxy growed on the E segment after Ford EU ended the JV with VW)

2010s
A-segment: Ka / Ka+
B-segment: Fiesta / B-Max (Ecosport is inbetween B and C segment)
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy / Edge


When I was a kid my parents had a Ford Orion : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Orion

Right, the Orion!
It had a little success over here, because our market prefers the hatchbacks, not the sedans. But i remember it too.
May my post not hurt your feelings
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11822
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm

FatCat wrote:
EU Ford range was / is:

1980's
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort
D-segment: Sierra

1990's
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort -> Focus
D-segment: Sierra -> Mondeo / Galaxy
E-segment: Scorpio

2000s
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max (the S-Max was inbetween D and E, someone called it "D Premium") / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy (the Galaxy growed on the E segment after Ford EU ended the JV with VW)

2010s
A-segment: Ka / Ka+
B-segment: Fiesta / B-Max (Ecosport is inbetween B and C segment)
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy / Edge


The Granada and Scorpio were also 80’s Fords. Germany also had the Taurus for a wee while.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11822
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:15 pm

FatCat wrote:
Aesma wrote:
FatCat wrote:
EU Ford range was / is:

1980's
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort
D-segment: Sierra

1990's
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Escort -> Focus
D-segment: Sierra -> Mondeo / Galaxy
E-segment: Scorpio

2000s
A-segment: Ka
B-segment: Fiesta
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max (the S-Max was inbetween D and E, someone called it "D Premium") / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy (the Galaxy growed on the E segment after Ford EU ended the JV with VW)

2010s
A-segment: Ka / Ka+
B-segment: Fiesta / B-Max (Ecosport is inbetween B and C segment)
C-segment: Focus / C-Max
D-segment: Mondeo / S-Max / Kuga
E-segment: Galaxy / Edge


When I was a kid my parents had a Ford Orion : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Orion

Right, the Orion!
It had a little success over here, because our market prefers the hatchbacks, not the sedans. But i remember it too.


The Orion was an Escort with a boot, I don’t know why they gave it another name. Like the Golf and Jetta is a silly idea.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11822
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:17 pm

PIMountaineer wrote:

I am an Audi driver personally, but your Fiesta should serve you well. :bigthumbsup:


I’m also an Audi guy, I bought a new A6 Avant Quattro last year.
 
PIMountaineer
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: I've bought a new car

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
PIMountaineer wrote:

I am an Audi driver personally, but your Fiesta should serve you well. :bigthumbsup:


I’m also an Audi guy, I bought a new A6 Avant Quattro last year.


An excellent choice that one. I opted for the Q5 last year. I would prefer a sedan, but chose the Q5 out of current necessity. Perhaps in a few years that will change. I never thought I would drive an SUV.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfa164, DiamondFlyer, drew777, johnboy, NIKV69 and 47 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos