LCKip
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 am

Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 5911
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

LCKip wrote:
Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?


I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15694
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am

Been getting it here in the UK for a couple of days. Site just about unusable at times.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
LCKip
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:
Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?


I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours


I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 5911
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am

LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:
Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?


I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours


I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.


One thing i forgot to add is that if it happens again can you take a photo of the screenshot. If you cant post it here just email it to moderators@airliners.net and I will ensure its passed on
Forum Moderator
 
LCKip
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am

qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours


I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.


One thing i forgot to add is that if it happens again can you take a photo of the screenshot. If you cant post it here just email it to moderators@airliners.net and I will ensure its passed on


That's a good idea. I make a note of the e-mail address and in case it happens again I sent them a screenshot. Can't make photos. Can you delete my post 'Gateway timeout 504'?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 5911
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am

LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:
Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?


I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours


I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.


The developers have looked into it and they say things are ok, however they have said that if there are any issues with the website being slow to let them know. If anyone has any issues let us know so we can pass it on
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15694
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm

qf789 wrote:
The developers have looked into it and they say things are ok, however they have said that if there are any issues with the website being slow to let them know. If anyone has any issues let us know so we can pass it on


So are they saying there was no issue (which doesn't explain how users spread around the globe all saw the same problem) or that the issue has somehow "fixed itself"? :confused:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 5911
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 am

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
The developers have looked into it and they say things are ok, however they have said that if there are any issues with the website being slow to let them know. If anyone has any issues let us know so we can pass it on


So are they saying there was no issue (which doesn't explain how users spread around the globe all saw the same problem) or that the issue has somehow "fixed itself"? :confused:


NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15694
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:54 pm

qf789 wrote:
NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know


I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time."
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 5911
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know


I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time."


Ive just sent an email off to the developers to look into
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know


I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time."

The developer got back to us, and he said there did appear to be a potential issue with one server, which may have caused the 504 error. He believes the issue should be resolved now, but if you have any further issues, please let us know.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15694
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airliners access.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know


I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time."

The developer got back to us, and he said there did appear to be a potential issue with one server, which may have caused the 504 error. He believes the issue should be resolved now, but if you have any further issues, please let us know.


It does seem to be better now, but this has been happening on and off all week.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos