jocke08

SAS New Business Class?

Thu Aug 09, 2001 5:44 am

Hi,

does anyone out there know how the business class will be on SAS new long haul aircraft (A340). How big vill thw legroom be??

Jocke08
STOCKHOLM,
Sweden

prebennorholm

RE: SAS New Business Class?

Thu Aug 09, 2001 6:46 am

Nope, don't know. And don't really care.

But does anybody know what the Y class pitch will be? That's interesting to ten times more people who are faced with the difficult problem to select an airline and buy a long haul ticket. And a hundred times more interesting to me.

Rgds, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

jocke08

Thu Aug 09, 2001 11:47 pm

I´m so sorry mr. Norholm. I was just wondering because has a romour that says that they are a "business airline", but they don´t have a very good business class on their 767, thats why i was wondering. I am 16 years old, and cannot afford a business ticket myself, if that was what you thought.

vulindlela744

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:44 am

Mr Norholm....that was really an ignorant remark. Think next time before typing. Thanks

airblue

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:55 am

Last time I flew SAS (3 months ago) I read on Scanorama they will improve Business class service on board and on land, but nothing was written about pitch.
Actually they have 47" on their B763 and It's no bad for a business class, but today on long-haul flights if you don't offer a first class, 47" are very poor.
I think they will improve to 55" cause now they will also offer Economy Plus.

Regards, Airblue

Crosswind

Fri Aug 10, 2001 4:00 am

SAS' A330/340 fleet will have a 3 class configuration, and some of the B767 fleet will be reconfigured in a similar manner.

The 3 classes will be;
Business Class
Economy Plus
Economy

The Business Class seats on the A330/340 are the same as those used by STAR partner bmi british midland on their new A330s. There are pictures of the SAS seats on their website in the A340 photo gallery, and the bmi seats are pictured here at a.net

I don't think Preben's remark was meant in an unpleasant manner, but Busines Class is a long way out of reach for most of us plebs, and the conditions in steerage are of far more interest!

Regards

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos